The Pearl Room
8201 3rd Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11209Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Pearl Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepearlroom.com/
- Phone: 7188336666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 12:00pm -4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a wide selection of appetizers, salads, pastas, entrees and desserts available by the half tray and full tray. Breads, napkins and utensils are included.
- Private Party Facilities: We have several rooms available for use for private parties. Four different menus are available to choose from in addition to the fact that we can custom create a menu for you.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony Rinaldi 7188336666
A word from The Pearl Room
Welcome to the Pearl Room a restaurant that specializes in seafood. We are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Garden dining is available for the spring and summer and our fireplace provides warmth in the fall and winter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Pearl Room reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Creative ChefBrooklynBobVIPDined on 10/1/2014This Bay Ridge gem serves creative seafood and steak dishes that never cease to amaze. Creative one of a kind recipes are outstanding. Try the Pasta Purses appetizer. Our server Jennie was fantastic. Just the right amount of attention in a friendly caring way. You won't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutrageousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014What a great dining experience. The good was fresh and tasty and the staff was extremely vibrant and very knowledgable of the menu. Will definitely be eating here again. The owner is hands in ands frequents the tables talking with his customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding find!faves5Dined on 8/28/2014This restaurant is family owned a nd was an outstanding find. Great home made foods and service was excellent. Authentic Italian! Ask for the Momma Camilla dn pappa Maximus. Wow on this place.Special Features:
- One of the best in Bay Ridge!DinnerreviewerDined on 7/26/2014This was my fourth time dining in this wonderful restaurant. I took my son here on Saturday to celebrate his 30th birthday. There were four of us. We were greeted by this very friendly, attentive, knowledgeable waitress (whose name escapes me at the moment) who had been working there for 19 years. I can understand why. She had a very warm personality and was extremely attentive to our needs. The food was delicious, and the drinks were out of this world. Service was terrific! For dessert, she brought out a plate of cupcakes and we all sang Happy Birthday to my son. On the way out, the owner invited us to have another round of drinks on the house. You don't see that in too many restaurants. This is one of the best in Bay Ridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerDebbieVIPDined on 7/22/2014I woulld highly reccomend the Pearl Room. The waiter was attentive and everything was delicious. The appetizer,, hot antipasto was really good and the dinner was perfect. I loved the seafood with pasta. The portions are large and really good. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a special night. They brought over glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversay. I will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Lovely eveningPaulaDined on 7/12/2014Went here to celebrate my mom's 84th birthday, solely based on Open Table reviews. Great choice. Food was very good and abundent, although I would recommend sharing appetizers. My husband had an amazing paella for his main course, but it was literally for two people. Great selection of food for every taste. Staff could not be sweeter or more accommodating.Special Features:
- MaurDined on 6/27/2014Excellent friendly service. Food was good and a good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the The Pearl Room reviews archive.
- A special event gemDining4funDined on 6/23/2014We went with a family group of 10 to celebrate a graduation. The waitress was fun and engaging. It did take a while between courses, but she kept us going with drinks and bread. The owner treated us to a free glass of champagne. The food was plentiful and deliciously prepared. About half of our group took portions to go. I recommend this place for a special occasion, where they treat you like family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.VDP1Dined on 6/21/2014We had two of the chefs creations, a cheese dumpling appetizer which was excellent and a truffle desert which you didn't want to stop eating. The main course was prepared perfectly. Will definitely return again and again.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I took my girlfriend for her birthday to dinner because she loves seafood. The entrees were amazing. Just the right spices and seasoning for everything we ordered. I recommend this place to everyone looking to take a special someone on a date.Special Features:
- Great cheese pocketsBrooklynBobVIPDined on 5/20/2014A wonderful restaurant with friendly servers. Great food, very creative. They have a cheese appitizer that is a cheese pocket. It is fantastic. The lamb chops are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014I been to many Italian restaurants where the food served is generic, but what keeps me going up is the modernized menu, and the specials. If you like/love sangria then you must have the White sangria you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great!JillDined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, and the waitress was more than lovely to us. We would certainly go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmhempillVIPDined on 4/20/2014We went here on Easter Sunday and were SO disappointed by the food (my sister was served barely cooked pasta smothered in a burnt sauce). The wait staff was apologetic but something tells me that it wasn't the first or last complaint they would have to address that day. The price of the food was outrageous considering the quality (or lack thereof). I have been here many times before but this experience REALLY changed my opinion of this place. I don't know that I (or any of the ten members of my party that day) will ever return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great people!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2014Mgr. Joe is a dead ringer for Jim Valvano of NC State fame. Very very helpful And waitress Jenny had great suggestions and great service. Did not feel rushed. The braised rib eye w gnocchi was to die for. What a great night!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMorganVIPDined on 3/6/2014We always enjoy our meals here, lunch, dinner or a private party. The staff is attentive and personable, the atmosphere is romantic and upscale, the food is always delicious. The people that run The Pearl Room are always friendly and aiming to please. I find this restaurant outstanding and extremely satisfying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful and elegant placeluv2eatoutDined on 2/24/2014I took my wife at the pearl room for my wedding anniversary and her mind nearly blown away. She enjoy every minute of it. The food was great along with the ambiance. The mix drinks was great. I had a sweet dream and I love it. The waitress was very friendly. I would definitely recommend the pearl room to my friends in which i did. I was telling all my coworkers n customers about there. I will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Piece of New YorkthataboyDined on 2/24/2014Is right here in Bay Ridge. No need for travel to Manhattan. The Pearl Room will not disappoint you. If you can't find it on their Menu,ask Anthony,and he will prepare it for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the marscapone risottoStevepoptonesDined on 1/17/2014Pearl Room is a great place in Bay Ridge to have a fabulous meal. The oysters are fresh, the specials always are a treat. But the Marscapone Risotto is the die for.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On fireBklyngrlDined on 11/23/2013Literally the night we are here there was a fire in the apt above the restaurant. The owner and staff handled the situation well despite the fireman and intense smoke everyone was calm. We were reseated to a private room with other patrons behind the dj booth. The room was excellent we finished our meal which was OUTSTANDING!!! The dj was excellent and a fun way to finish off a great evening. Highly recommend it!!!! The fish and steak and spicy seafood appetizer were cooked perfectly. The roasted pepper spread for the butter is also excellent. No complaints except the mishap but it's NY sh-- happens. Atmosphere food music what else do you need. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BrooklynFoodsterDined on 11/2/2013The Pearl Room is a sure thing! I have never had a bad meal there.The service is second to none. Anthony (the owner) will bend over backward to make sure you are thrilled with your food. If it's not on the menu, he will make sure you will have something special. You will want to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just missed the fundraisermiclauDined on 10/17/2013Didn't know that they had a party going on so we sat in a side room, no decor. The food was good, caught by surprise by the high price for a special that night, would have order off of the regular menu. Thankfully they have valet parking otherwise would never go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2013Pleasant experience overall. One member of our party is a definite foodie and she was pleased with everything she ordered. Would definitely return.
- A summer outtingLeelaDined on 8/3/2013We had a great experience at the Pearl Room from the beginning to end. The staff was very friendly and attentive, the food was outstanding! A perfect evening was had with the help of good company and a great restaurant, a winning combo! :)Special Features:
- good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2013Food was good but not the best Italian I've had. Portions are generous. It's good for big groups. The service was great and waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- Food was good but expensiveJaneVIPDined on 7/3/2013Seafood was a little over cooked. Would give them another chance as I was there over holiday weekend. The music was god awful though - and obnoxiously loudSpecial Features:
- Had dinner at The Pearl Room. ServiliketoeatVIPDined on 6/18/2013Had dinner at The Pearl Room. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Food was well prepared and serve in large portions, but was not outstanding. Seafood paella was tasty, but seemed to be an Italian version of a Spanish/Latino dish. Appetizer and soup were very good. All in all a better than average restaurant.
- Good neighborhood Italian placeClassychi28VIPDined on 6/7/2013I went there for a business dinner on a Friday evening. The food was good. The service was good. The portions are generous. It is definitely a place I'd recommend to go back to for family dinner or lunch. I wasn't crazy about it for an impressionable place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl JamPearlsDined on 5/12/2013Great Mother's Day Brunch with attentive and energetic staff. Even on a busy holiday, the staff was able to efficiently accommodate their patrons. They politely handled any customers complaints and corrected the shortcoming(s) with grace and professionalism. From one customer to a family group, no task was overwhelming. Recommend to family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decline in qualityfrequentdinernycDined on 5/12/2013Sadly, this restaurant has had a decline in service and food quality in the past year. It was my absolute favorite place years ago for all special occasions and group gatherings. Now, the staff runs around like unorganized untrained newbies, the valet is never present, the food comes out late and cold consistently, and the restaurant staff itself is not very accommodating. Again, a very sad decline at what was once a high quality restaurant.
- The Pearl Room has lost a customer!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We have frequented The Pearl Room on many occasions. Unfortunately, each time the ratings continue to drop. This last time will be our last time. We came for Mother's Day brunch. The service was absolutely horrible and the food wasn't any better. When the food finally arrived, the servers threw the food on the plates like we were pigs at a trough. Eggs and coffee were dropped and spilled on laps. There was no apology or even an acknowledgment. The food was unevenly distributed. The food and KNIVES were distributed to the table over our heads. When a complaint was made to the owner, he seemed to be annoyed at us. Throughout the brunch, the server had an attitude and even had the nerve to say we were to blame. Needless to say, I left no tip.
- Best in BrooklynBrooklynBobVIPDined on 4/8/2013Chef Anthony Rinaldi adds his personal touch to each dish. The food is outstanding. If it's not on the menu, just ask. Request that your server be Donna. She is the best.Special Features:
- Great place. Exceeded my expectatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Great place. Exceeded my expectations. Food was outstanding as well as the service.Special Features:
- We have been to the PearlOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2013We have been to the Pearl Room several times and have enjoyed it each time. Chef Rinaldi's food is full of flavor and always spot on. The service is good, but can be better. Apparently the night that we went was karaoke night at the bar. Even though we were in the dining room, we could hear the awful singing. That was the only complaint we had.Special Features:
- Overall the food at this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Overall the food at this place was very good. I could not say the same for the service. Our reservation was for 8:00 and we did not get seated until 8:45. After I approached the owner, he told me there was nothing he can do about it and that we can wait for a table if we want. He did not even apologize for over-booking the restaurant.
- Went for a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/12/2013Went for a romantic dinner but bad timing since some sort of conference booked the restaurant the same night and we were seated right next to it. The noise was unbearable. Food was ok.Special Features:
- VERY GOOD FOOD AND SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012VERY GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE ESPECIALLY SINCE WE WERE THERE ON A VERY BUSY CHRISTMAS DAY. WOULD EAT THERE AGAIN.Special Features:
- As always a great time, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/30/2012As always a great time, good service and food. Great girls night out to celebrate 2 birthdays. The awesome music is now a plus!Special Features:
- Our group of 8 was promptlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Our group of 8 was promptly seated at a comfortable table. Our very attentive, friendly waitress was very helpful and accommodated our special needs in modifying food preparation. The food was generally very good and served hot. Portion size was very generous. We very very pleased with her enthusiasm and attention to detail in carrying out a birthday surprise complete with flowers and a lovely dessert platter. The valet parking also added to our dining satisfaction.Special Features:
- The Gem of Bay RidgethataboyDined on 7/25/2012The Pearl Room is and has been a gem of Bay Ridge with its consistent and delicious menu. Make sure you ask if the stuffed zucchini flowers wrapped with prosuito is available.Special Features: