275 Main St.
Rockland, ME 04841Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepearlrockland.com/index.html
- Phone: (207) 594-9889
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday 4pm-1am (kitchen closes at 12am)
Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michele Ragussis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Pearl
Chef Michele changes menu daily to ensure only the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (10)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We made a reservation a month in advance for a birthday dinner for my daughter. Drove two hours to the restaurant. Got there to a dirty building with a note tapped to the building saying it was closed for a private party. This was after I received a confirmed reservation.
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014We made a reservation and when we arrived we found that "Pearl" had closed for the season. I can' rate something that wasn't open.
- not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The Pearl was not open on the night that we had reservations.Special Features:
- Didn't seem worth the price tagOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We found the Pearl to be a little pricey for the cuisine, a little slow to get us going for happy hour and with our orders... surprising for an early reservation (5:30). The food was good, but not great. One bummer was that the burger my brother ordered "medium rare", came out charred. To the Pearl's credit, they wiped it from the bill and offered us a free dessert. Cool spot on the water. Very nice bar. Nice people. d
- identity crisisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We had a decent meal at the Pearl, but spent way too much money for what it was. it seems stuck between being a fancy celebrity chef place and a solid on water seafood place, and it doesn't know which it should do. owned by some food network chef we've never heard of b/c we don't follow that stuff we weren't impressed by that. The linguini vongole was very good, but besides that we weren't impressed. better to find a lobster shack that is BYOB and has a life changing lobster roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedMainahDined on 8/28/2014Only good thing about The Pearl is the view. My wife and I and another couple can't understand how anyone could give them high rank for food or service. We had to ask for water and bread, our empty salad dishes remained on table throughout the meal. All main course plates were cold as were side vegetables and potato. Linguini was dry with no sauce, swordfish was overcooked and scallops were set on top of canned creme corn with 3 tiny pieces of prosciutto. Wait staff performed as if working at a picnic table establishment not where a couple spend $100+ for dinner. Don't waste your time going here for dinner.Special Features:
- Chef needs to reign in the clownsPriscillaBeachDined on 8/27/2014Food really was tasty (we were told that the "chef" was cooking that night) but the staff thought everything was a joke. At one point a waiter said, "this is my last night I've already checked out". Young lady leading people to their table was having drinks at the bar with friends and fooling with the bartenders. No respect for the customers. Too bad.Special Features:
- Thoroughly unimpressedJgosoxDined on 8/24/2014Place is dark and filthy dirty. We arrived with our Open Table confirm and hostess just dismissed it and said they never get that info ,so she couldn't give us a prime table and shuttled us out to a rickety picnic table that hadn't been painted or cleaned in years. All four chairs at the the table were broken. Waitress, while friendly, seemed to not have a clue about the menu or wine. We asked for a wine recommendation with dinner and were told she wouldn't know a white from a red if her life depended on it. Food was unremarkable in every way. We'd never return or recommend it to anyone
- Always a hit.MooseDined on 8/23/2014Our favorite place to take visitors for the view, the celebrity chef and of course the food.Special Features:
- Don't miss it!AwesomeDined on 8/9/2014A great meal. Our server was fantastic. Had a good chat with Michele Ragussis. She was fun and energetic. Had the mushroom ravioli - perfectly done.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the The Pearl reviews archive.
- food didn't live up to the pricesChuckDined on 7/20/2014Booked online and an hour before our reservation got a call saying they could only seat us outside on a very cool evening. Not a great start but it worked out. Appetisers ok but a bit skimpy. Crab pasta good but really nothing special for $28. Steak could have been purchased at the local supermarket-uneven cut and just ok. Wine list very small. With a cocktail each and tip(no wine) the bill was $130. For that I expect more.Special Features:
- Great food with a view!KingsterDined on 7/6/2014I've never dined in Rockland, for all the years I've been in Maine. My wife and I took the opportunity to do so when we were up in the area dropping our kids off at camp - and we're so happy that we did. The Pearl is right on the water in the Rockland port (next to where the ferries leave from) and it offers a great view of the Harbor. Being right on water, you would expect it to have great seafood, and it doesn't disappoint! From craft beers, to great wine selection, incredible fresh (and, in many cases local) fish, along with a nice selection of meats for the meat eaters in your party, Chef Michele Ragussis (of Food Network fame) has you covered!Special Features:
- Good food in a rustic setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Located at very end of a pier with scenic views of the harbor. A tight menu leaning heavily towards fresh seafood. We found both the food and setting to be wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.