The Patio on Lamont
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Patio on Lamont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepatioonlamont.com/
- Phone: (858) 412-4648
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Late Night Menu:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Medall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday 6pm to 9pm
Pianist Sheila Steverson playing holiday jingles and requests
Every Sunday night in December
- Special Events: Industry Mondays - All day happy hour for industry
No Corkage Tuesday and Live Music - No Corkage Fee
Acoustic Sundays - Live Music 6pm to 9pm
Happy Hour - 3pm to 6pm everyday
Christmas Eve - All day happy hour
A word from The Patio on Lamont
Relax. Enjoy. Share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Patio on Lamont reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (127)great for outdoor dining (122)fit for foodies (95)hot spot (59)great for lunch (58)great for brunch (51)good for groups (50)romantic (41)special occasion (38)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (36)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- a few glitchesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014I was looking forward to our dining experience as I sat outside on the shady patio enjoying the respite from the heat. We ordered the burgers with salad and looked forward to satisfying our hunger. 45 minutes later I asked the waiter where our food was, after we watched the diners around us that had ordered after us eating their food. The food arrived soon after that and my requested medium burger was rare. The manager quickly whisked it away and apologized profusely. The waiter ultimately admitted that he had given our food to the wrong table. I must say that despite all the problems, the management and the waiter took full responsibility for their errors. Do not eat here if you don't like flies and dogs.Special Features:
- long time favorite restaurantJazGDined on 9/19/2014I love this restaurant so much. The outdoor area is so comfortable and homey, service is always great, and food is amazing! I love the beef and blue flatbread! Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacemandyjmDined on 9/17/2014The décor and ambiance was definitely much trendier than the previous Lamont Grill. The flatbreads were not cheap, but pretty good.Special Features:
- Terrific Lunch SpotPunkinsMamaVIPDined on 9/17/2014I love the fact that happy hour is all day here! Great spot for lunch as it is not super crowded. We shared the beet and avocado salad - great. Also the broken down nicoise was perfect for a hot summer day. Service was friendly & efficient. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experiencePipesRPlayingDined on 9/13/2014We shared five dishes among two couples and everyone thought all dishes were perfectly prepared and delectable. Moreover, the valet fee ($3) and corkage fee ($15) are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014All the bar help were outstanding. I can't remember the owners name,but he went above & beyond quality service & making sure we were all cared for.I love this place & continue to t ell my friend about it.Keep up the fantastic service!!!Special Features:
- My stop everytime I am in San DiegoMaryVIPDined on 9/10/2014Every time I am in San Diego I make it a point to come to Lamont on the Patio, from the dogs, to the amazing service and of course outstanding food I love it!Special Features:
- Good food good servicePBlocalDined on 9/7/2014Good food good service. We eat there often. Service has been better but food was good overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Too many flies all over the restaurant. I understand outside dining, but waving our hands over our food was a distraction.
- Great food, dog friendly!SHoch77Dined on 9/6/2014Had a great experience. Many customers bring their dogs. We went for bruch, and there were 3-4 dogs in our corner of the restaurant alone. They bring dog treats and bowls of water for the pup, and there's a selection of 1/2-price drinks for bringing a dog. The food was great - we ate the nicoise salad and the grilled ham and cheese with fries (forget what they actually called the second dish). Both were terrific! The service was prompt, accurate, and amusing.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The service was wonderful, and the food was excellent, including the lovely presentations. The only negative was there were so-o-o-o many flies it was very distracting during conversation and eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RABJAZZDined on 9/5/2014food good but much too noisy. the very opposite of a quiet, romantic evening.Special Features:
- Lamont street grill, I miss youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Food was pretty good. Service was not horrible. This used to be the Lamont street grill which was an upscale intimate spot for a lovely and quite dinner. Now, it's a relatively loud and open establishment that allows dogs in the dining area (I love dogs) which is a huge turnoff for me. Overall it's not a bad place, but I have not been here since it is was the Lamont street grill and was disappointed that the new business was nothing like it.
- Def would recommendBT91Dined on 9/5/2014Gravest food and service paired with an even better patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe I ordered the wrong food..chilipoodleVIPDined on 9/1/2014It was just okay. Love the open space + ceiling and extremely dog friendly! However, the food was just alright, not spectacular. I had the deconstructed chilaquiles .. I probably shouldn't have done that (couldn't have any cheese + sour cream) because it tasted weird. Boyfriend had the rancheros + mexican soup, he said the soup was great, but rancheros was too heavy. Overall, go for drinks + ambiance instead!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchtaybaybayDined on 8/31/2014Came her and had to change my reservation details a few times - they were very accommodating. Service and food was top par. Only negative - i ordered the veggie scramble and the egg was poached, they didnt specify that on the menu, i assumed it was scrambled and i do not eat poached eggs. Food and ambiance was great otherwise, I will be back to test out the bar and reccomend it to friends.Special Features:
- Out of town relativesWillDined on 8/31/2014To be fair we had struck out a lot with San Diego brunch locations. Either the food was way over priced and did not live up to the cost or the cost was average and the food was not good; actually got flat champagne multiple times. The Patio was very good. The parking is really bad that is the only reason Outstanding was not the rating.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!!CamilleDined on 8/28/2014HUGE THANKS to The Patio for a great experience! Thank you for helping us celebrate a birthday!!! The octopus was incredible, the ribeye was to die for!!!! The service was outstanding!! THANK YOU!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent dining experience. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie99VIPDined on 8/27/2014It was an awesome meal. Service was just a bit slow.Special Features:
- Good but not greatLAinSDDined on 8/24/2014There's nothing WRONG with The Patio, but the food is not so amazing for what you pay that I'm compelled to go back. The atmosphere is great and the drink list is good, but it just didn't knock my socks off. The Ahi Tower was so-so -- you can kinda get this same dish anywhere and I've had better. The beef and blue flatbread was yummy, but again, not amazing. I didn't actually taste much "blue" and the beef was dry. The duck entree was well-seasoned but, again, just a bit underwhelming. Actually the best part of the meal was the free brownie we got for our Yelp check-in. It was super rich and fudge-y! Overall, this place seems more concerned about being hip and trendy than actually making really good food. They're close, but not quite there.Special Features:
- Hidden GemVegasfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Amazing menu with a variety of food. We were from out of town and celebrating our anniversary. The food was cooked to perfection ! We brought our dog and she fit under our table just fine, but with a large dog it might be tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little restaurantRamsesDined on 8/22/2014From Meat Lover to Vegetarians. This place gotz You!Special Features:
- MMonetDined on 8/17/2014Great food and dog friendly patio! Would defintely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hour heavendancer31Dined on 8/15/2014Great find! Delish food! Very comfortable, and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We sat at table #28 and there were flies and bugs buzzing around during our meal. Any way to control that? Otherwise, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceCHACHADined on 8/10/2014While the restaurant has a wonderful vibe, sadly our server's attitude affected our impression of the overall quality of the establishment. She was aloof and noticeably did not pay our table the same attention as she did our neighbors. To start, we waited quite a long time for her to come to our table and when she did, she was not polite or hospitable; an attitude that lasted throughout our meal at The Patio. She checked on us once, perhaps twice throughout our meal, each time with annoyance. We left dissatisfied and truly looked down upon by our server. With all the great restaurants with friendly staff around San Diego, we will not return to The Patio on Lamont.Special Features:
- Great experience!TracyDined on 8/9/2014We brought out of town guests from Palm Desert, and they were thrilled to be able to sit outside on the patio! We had Sunday brunch and brought their little dog, Rocky! They treated him like a little dog prince! And we got a discount on drinks for bringing the pup! The service was great and the food was awesome! We would definitely go again, and look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014The Patio has become a Go-To for us and our friends. Great food, cool ambiance to the place. Always a good call.Special Features:
- Wonderful findjpollVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great local restaurant which offers lots of delicious small plates.Special Features:
- Great fun to sample appetizersfoodiefromAZDined on 8/6/2014The patio was very pleasant to sit in and there was live music until 9pm. The appetizers were all outstanding and the desserts were all great. This is a great neighborhood place to visit and the service is great! We will be backSpecial Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We preferred the older menu, rather than the shared menu.Special Features:
- Tired of DogsBirdyDined on 8/1/2014It is getting really tiresome trying to enjoy a meal and some person brings in their dogs and sits near you. In this case it was a larger "boxer" dog and a smaller one. Seriously, this whole concept is out of control. It is impossible to enjoy your meal and have the odor of some ones pet next to you, yes dogs do stink and so do the houses where they live. It is just thrilling to be dining and watch the dogs lick themselves. Just because you own a p[et doesn't mean the whole world enjoy it. Maybe they should start putting urinals in the dining room, they are in public places in Europe. That would be as interesting as watching dogs smell each others rear ends.
- The following 478 reviews are from the The Patio on Lamont reviews archive.
- great dog friendly gemdevilDined on 7/30/2014food is great, dogs get water & treats, relaxing atmosphere - awesome lunch experienceSpecial Features:
- A restaurant with potentialngc5904VIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a fair to good restaurant that could be great. Service was great, food was good. Unfortunately, as I think is mentioned in another review, they have an issue with flies that they need to deal with. It sends entirely the wrong message. Also, oddly the power went out for part of our meal, and I heard someone comment that this happens "a lot". Really? They seem like a restaurant that has so much potential, and unfortunately, some of this is spoiled by some (hopefully) easily correctable issues.Special Features:
- always goodJannyVIPDined on 7/27/2014I love that I can go here when I don't know what I want to eat. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Unimpressive New MenuDissapointmentVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went for brunch and the new menu was very disappointing which is sad because the Patio had been one of my favorite places to eat. It seems to have gone down hill in both service and food quality in the past few months. Additionally, the number of flies swarming under the awning/tent was almost unbearable and I didn't see anyone doing a thing about it. Hoping the Patio gets back up to speed soon and stops trying to over simplify the menu.Special Features:
- Great outdoor evening dining.2couplesDined on 7/25/2014It is a beautiful outdoor patio. We totally enjoyed the meal and our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceeatoutalotVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food & Service were EXCELLENT ! - can't wait to return !Special Features:
- One of the better resturants in PB!GaryPDined on 7/24/2014Once again The Patio is a great place for lunch or happy hour. Other than the lack of parking, it has a good vide and an excellent assortment of dishes for all tastes. If you're in the area, it's a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.