The Patio on Lamont
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Patio on Lamont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepatioonlamont.com/
- Phone: 8584124648x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Late Night Menu:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Medall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday 6pm to 9pm
Pianist Sheila Steverson playing holiday jingles and requests
Every Sunday night in December
- Special Events: Industry Mondays - All day happy hour for industry
No Corkage Tuesday and Live Music - No Corkage Fee
Acoustic Sundays - Live Music 6pm to 9pm
Happy Hour - 3pm to 6pm everyday
Christmas Eve - All day happy hour
A word from The Patio on Lamont
Relax. Enjoy. Share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Patio on Lamont - Best Restaurants in Pacific Beach ›
The Patio on Lamont reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (141)neighborhood gem (134)fit for foodies (97)great for brunch (80)great for lunch (67)special occasion (58)good for groups (44)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (39)hot spot (39)notable wine list (29)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Great food and dog friendly patio! Would defintely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hour heavendancer31Dined on 8/15/2014Great find! Delish food! Very comfortable, and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We sat at table #28 and there were flies and bugs buzzing around during our meal. Any way to control that? Otherwise, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceCHACHADined on 8/10/2014While the restaurant has a wonderful vibe, sadly our server's attitude affected our impression of the overall quality of the establishment. She was aloof and noticeably did not pay our table the same attention as she did our neighbors. To start, we waited quite a long time for her to come to our table and when she did, she was not polite or hospitable; an attitude that lasted throughout our meal at The Patio. She checked on us once, perhaps twice throughout our meal, each time with annoyance. We left dissatisfied and truly looked down upon by our server. With all the great restaurants with friendly staff around San Diego, we will not return to The Patio on Lamont.Special Features:
- Great experience!TracyDined on 8/9/2014We brought out of town guests from Palm Desert, and they were thrilled to be able to sit outside on the patio! We had Sunday brunch and brought their little dog, Rocky! They treated him like a little dog prince! And we got a discount on drinks for bringing the pup! The service was great and the food was awesome! We would definitely go again, and look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014The Patio has become a Go-To for us and our friends. Great food, cool ambiance to the place. Always a good call.Special Features:
- Wonderful findjpollVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great local restaurant which offers lots of delicious small plates.Special Features:
- Great fun to sample appetizersfoodiefromAZDined on 8/6/2014The patio was very pleasant to sit in and there was live music until 9pm. The appetizers were all outstanding and the desserts were all great. This is a great neighborhood place to visit and the service is great! We will be backSpecial Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We preferred the older menu, rather than the shared menu.Special Features:
- Tired of DogsBirdyDined on 8/1/2014It is getting really tiresome trying to enjoy a meal and some person brings in their dogs and sits near you. In this case it was a larger "boxer" dog and a smaller one. Seriously, this whole concept is out of control. It is impossible to enjoy your meal and have the odor of some ones pet next to you, yes dogs do stink and so do the houses where they live. It is just thrilling to be dining and watch the dogs lick themselves. Just because you own a p[et doesn't mean the whole world enjoy it. Maybe they should start putting urinals in the dining room, they are in public places in Europe. That would be as interesting as watching dogs smell each others rear ends.
- great dog friendly gemdevilDined on 7/30/2014food is great, dogs get water & treats, relaxing atmosphere - awesome lunch experienceSpecial Features:
- A restaurant with potentialngc5904VIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a fair to good restaurant that could be great. Service was great, food was good. Unfortunately, as I think is mentioned in another review, they have an issue with flies that they need to deal with. It sends entirely the wrong message. Also, oddly the power went out for part of our meal, and I heard someone comment that this happens "a lot". Really? They seem like a restaurant that has so much potential, and unfortunately, some of this is spoiled by some (hopefully) easily correctable issues.Special Features:
- always goodJannyVIPDined on 7/27/2014I love that I can go here when I don't know what I want to eat. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Unimpressive New MenuDissapointmentVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went for brunch and the new menu was very disappointing which is sad because the Patio had been one of my favorite places to eat. It seems to have gone down hill in both service and food quality in the past few months. Additionally, the number of flies swarming under the awning/tent was almost unbearable and I didn't see anyone doing a thing about it. Hoping the Patio gets back up to speed soon and stops trying to over simplify the menu.Special Features:
- Great outdoor evening dining.2couplesDined on 7/25/2014It is a beautiful outdoor patio. We totally enjoyed the meal and our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food & Service were EXCELLENT ! - can't wait to return !Special Features:
- One of the better resturants in PB!GaryPDined on 7/24/2014Once again The Patio is a great place for lunch or happy hour. Other than the lack of parking, it has a good vide and an excellent assortment of dishes for all tastes. If you're in the area, it's a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service, too many fliesSDMikeVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is my second time dining at the Patio for lunch. The food was good and service was great. But there were way too many flies in the patio dining area. The flies certainly enjoyed the food as much as we did. But it makes me wonder if there is some sanitary issue at the Patio.Special Features:
- Sandygwyn213Dined on 7/20/2014The Patio came highly recommended. When I saw that they had shrimp and grits on the memo, knew I had to come. Unfortunately, the food was not all that great. The grits lacked seasoning, were very bland and not a salt shaker in sight. My husband had the pork shank, which was supposed to come with crackling. Sadly that was missing from the dish. There are lots of other things I would like to try on the menu and will definately try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, not great serviceHungryinsdDined on 7/19/2014The food was great; however, the service by Chuck was not great. The manager that I spoke with wanted me to give him tips on how to coach our server...um, no. It's unfortunate because we'd love to love this restaurant, but won't be back nor recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Charming hideaway!Marla17Dined on 7/19/2014We went for brunch, 4 family members and it was a hit. My daughter finished her plate, something I don't see that often. Everyone loved the food and the service was spot on and charming. Loved the living wall and the eclectic decor. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablefanVIPDined on 7/18/2014Big problem is the amount of flies everywhere, landing on food, glass rims etc., Maybe due to extreme dog friendliness but enough deterrent that we won't go backSpecial Features:
- Unique MenuBigBevDined on 7/16/2014The food choices are unique, the quantity of the servings is reasonable and the quality of the food is excellent.
- EnjoyableLagosgirlVIPDined on 7/15/2014The Patio is definitely a PB gem. It has a great atmosphere, drink menu and interesting menu. This is my third time there and I will go back again. On the night we went they had a guitarist/singer who wasn't great. I love to sit on the covered patio. The ceviche special was awesome and so was the pork shank. I've enjoyed everything I've ever had there.Special Features:
- Relaxing, fun, and deliciousJennDined on 7/6/2014I'm a huge fan of the Patio Mule & Chilaquiles. Others in my group enjoyed the bloody marys, sandwiches and benedicts. The menu is diverse, fresh, and unique. Easy to find something for everyone & it's dog friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Patio on LamontdoggonewalkinDined on 7/5/2014I've eaten here twice now. The service and good were excellent on each occasion. Will definitely be returning sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceBrunchTrioDined on 7/3/2014Friendly staff, great food, neat building. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 visits, service always slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014This was our 3rd visit to The Patio. First time was a miserable experience with slow service and wrong food delivered. 2nd visit for brunch where the good was great and atmosphere nice but again service was very slow. Finally the manager have us a gift card as an apology and asked us to try them again so we did for dinner again. It was a busy Thurs night and our server was tasked with covering two large groups by himself so we were definitely an afterthought. Drinks were very slow and our main course took forever. The food was great but again the service was slow. If you have a lot of time and are ok with long waits between courses then it's worth a visit because the food is good.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014The Patio never disappoints! They were even accommodating when we needed to add an extra person to the reservation when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Great Service!TexyDinerinLADined on 6/28/2014This spot was a wonderful find! Excellent service... The wait staff was all very friendly and helpful, and the food came out FAST, maybe 15-20 minutes after we ordered. There were so many great menu options... And the pork belly Benedict was unbelievably tasty! Last, but not least, this place is very dog friendly... My fur-babies love it! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!Traveler3Dined on 6/27/2014Food was great! Must try the Venissimo cheese was AMAZING. Love the ambience of the place. Almost has a tropical feel to it with breeze coming from the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!pbfoodieDined on 6/22/2014From the waitstaff to the entrees this place is amazing. Some of the best food I've had in a long time. I highly recommend the pan seared duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The PatioLolaVickiDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I come here frequently and we are never disappointed! The food and service are great! We love the outside patio (sitting inside is too cramped and loud). We always order the special of the day appetizers and they are always good! It's a great neighborhood place to meet friends or just enjoy the beautiful SD weather with your loved one!Special Features:
- small plates big flavorSammmomDined on 6/19/2014We love going in a group and ordering lots of small plates to taste. Always good. Love dog friendly bar area great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJJdineDined on 6/18/2014We had the pork shank and my wife had the duck breast, both are recommended..Special Features:
- First time let downhungryhippoDined on 6/17/2014I came for a birthday and having never been there wanted to sit outside. I called earlier to talk to someone about the reservation and seating arrangements and no one ever called me back. When we go there we were seated inside but made a request with the owner that we would like to be outside. He said he would come over when something opened up and accommodate that. Our waiter was very arrogant and short with our table while he was giving friendly service to the table next to us. The outside table opened up and the owner never came to talk to us. The waiter forgot my moms order and never brought us silverware. The birthday boy got up and grabbed us our own silverware. Definitely a disappointing experience.
- Perfect PB Fit, Huge Hit!PasadenaDiDined on 6/17/2014Great replacement for the Lamont Street Grill, which closed after what seemed a gradual decline in quality. The Patio has three seating options -- indoors (a bit crowded, but pleasant), patio (pets welcome) and back-of-the-patio (opens onto the patio, but covered). I've tried all three (two lunches, one dinner) and enjoyed a slightly different ambiance in each. The food was excellent, all three times; however, the wine list was surprisingly limited. The service is exceedingly friendly and attentive, if sometimes a bit muddled, and the valet parking is reasonably priced and a huge help. Be sure to make a reservation -- The Patio is a big PB hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pup AND People Friedly :)adrenth11Dined on 6/15/2014We found THE PATIO through a website that recommended it because it was dog-friendly. My husband and I were in town celebrating our anniversary and we had originally planned to leave our dog at the hotel and find a restaurant to enjoy together. However, our little pup didn't like the idea of staying alone, so he forced us to choose a dog-friendly restaurant...and we are SO GLAD! Each hostess and waiter was extremely welcoming to us, even greeting our pup with a treat and bowl of water. The ambiance was spectacular, with succulents and tropical plants surrounding us amidst the tealightsl candles and stringed lights. The food was simply delicious. We will be coming back next time we visit, whether we have our pup with us or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Great place to go for brunch. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- PatioNomnomDined on 6/15/2014I love coming to the patio for the different kinds of food. The medium plates are great for sharing, especially the cheese plate! Great service every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.