The Patio on Lamont
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Patio on Lamont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepatioonlamont.com/
- Phone: 8584124648x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Late Night Menu:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Medall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday 6pm to 9pm
Pianist Sheila Steverson playing holiday jingles and requests
Every Sunday night in December
- Special Events: Industry Mondays - All day happy hour for industry
No Corkage Tuesday and Live Music - No Corkage Fee
Acoustic Sundays - Live Music 6pm to 9pm
Happy Hour - 3pm to 6pm everyday
Christmas Eve - All day happy hour
A word from The Patio on Lamont
Relax. Enjoy. Share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Patio on Lamont reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (127)neighborhood gem (124)fit for foodies (91)great for lunch (64)great for brunch (63)hot spot (51)romantic (42)special occasion (41)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (33)notable wine list (30)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)Show More
- Super CoolSharpeeSurlesDined on 10/19/2014Love this place. Consistently great. Snacks, brunch & happy hour all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience.NadineDined on 10/18/2014Overall ambiance, service, and food was very good. We especially enjoyed the fact that we didn't have to yell to hear each other across the table! Everyone was pleasant. We liked the wine list, pricing was a little strange, but our waiter was very helpful in explaining it. We will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Took friends from out of town here, and they have said at least 3 times each that I have to take them there next time they are in town! I think that says it all! But I will happily elaborate: had been here before for happy hour and lunch but never for dinner, and dinner has been the best so far! Decided to get a few apps to share then a few of the small plates to share, this was a great option to really try a good portion of the menu without over stuffing ourselves. Had the fresh baked bread, Cioppino, bbq chicken flatbread, ahi poke tacos, and the braised beef shank. From start to finish everything was delicious and perfect amount for sharing! Just remembering how tender the beef was my mouth is watering! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST flatbread ever!LillyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Love the Beef and Bleu Flatbread!!!! The Lunch trio is great and so are the Happy hour wines.Special Features:
- DelightfulFabulousVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food and ambiance are delightful...the service, for being pretty slow could have been better. The presentation of the food and the taste are really good.Special Features:
- lots of good, a little not so goodopinionatedDined on 10/12/2014Lovely place, nice ambiance, pretty good food, good service. Only negative was thesingle, expensive choice if you wanted a glass of Chardonnay, which a lot of people ( especially women) like. There is only one offering, and it is $15.00 for the class. WOW. Pretty expensive for a California casual restaurant, in my opinion. I was told by the waiter that the restaurant is, " all about the wine." Really? In this neighborhood? Well, how about just giving those of us who are dining and are NOT, "all about the wine", a few more choices at a less expensive price? After all, one of the great advantages of living in California is you can drink great wine at a very reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- free2eatDined on 10/11/2014Loved the whole place and the food was delicious. It is difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio ParticularstaffyDined on 10/11/2014We have always enjoyed this restaurant. Interesting items on the menu. Salads are especially good. Our only disappointment was the variety on the wine list. Some very expensive wines by the glass. Good idea to go during Happy Hour because all beer and wine is half price. We loved the flat breads, especially the vegetarian one. Great patio for dogs. Gets a bit noisy as the evening progresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a favoriteJazGDined on 10/11/2014We came here (again!) for lunch/brunch. The food was amazing--we had a variety of lunch and brunch meals. Drinks were great, too! I love all the different champagne specials.Special Features:
- Surprise, surpriseGjg12Dined on 10/10/2014We stopped by for lunch this week and were pleasantly surprised by the coziness on the inside of a rather weather-beaten outside. Service was prompt and knowledgeable. After we had outlined our general intentions, our server made two recommendations Club to meet our needs. Both were spot on: the Patio Club is a great sandwich perfectly accompanied by crisp, hot shoestring style fries. Any of the flatbreads to start is a good selection, but we lucked into the special of the day. It appears the specials rotate, so try a couple of different days. Excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb againsuziqmurDined on 10/9/2014What a wonderful place to dine. It is more than a terrific meal beautifully presented. The truly caring staff welcome you as an old friend into their "home". The dog friendly folks cater to the ,always well behaved, canine visitors as well as they do to the humans. I have introduced a number of family and friends to the "Patio" and will continue to do so. Thanks for such a refreshing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisure LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014A great spot, but make sure you have time to spare. Sometimes the food can take awhile to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Sunday Night DinnerfunkyVIPDined on 10/5/2014The food was pretty good. We had the hummus plate and my son had a flatbread pizza. All was pretty tasty, not excellent. The wait staff seemed more interested in each other than the waiting customers. The wine list looked interesting, but expensive. It was a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Off night?JusteatitDined on 10/3/2014Super salty arugula, ok flatbread maybe too much cheese, fishy poke, and felt rushed for dinner. Removing plates while others are still eating is a pet peeve. Used to be my favorite place. Will give it another chance but this night stuck out as not so goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!CaligrlDined on 10/3/2014We had a birthday celebration for an office mate here on a Friday night. The food was amazing! The vibe was fun and all had a good time. I would definitely recommend for a fun place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the PatioPatioDiningDined on 9/30/2014September 30th I had the pleasure of dining at the Patio with a guest. I made reservations for 7:15 and was escorted to a "quiet " table in the back, which the bouncer took the liberty to facilitate. before our dinner arrived he came to the table and very politely explained that he needed our table for a larger group that had arrived and apologized. we were given a table outside and were very pleased with the table, and our server (with the kilt) however the fish of the day was dry. we were offered free desert for our inconvenience which we declined but it was extremely nice to be offered. I will be backSpecial Features:
- YummysweetwanderlustVIPDined on 9/28/2014Everything was great! I definitely left feeling very full because we got a bunch of small plates to share. I would pass on the hummus plates, as I wasn't a huge fan, but everything else was gray.Special Features:
- eatnoutDined on 9/28/2014The appetizers (beet bruschetta) were tasty even though we could not find any beets to speak of. The Ahi was wonderful, 2 of us had the shrimp in grits...they've obviously never been south of Denver as the grits were pathetic. Shrimp was good and tasty. I've had 3 meals here and will continue to drive the 20 miles, one way, to eat at their restaurant.Special Features:
- The patio is worth the wait...AlFrescoDinerDined on 9/27/2014Don't let the reservationist/host dissuade you from sitting on "the patio"; wait for a table and make sure the sunshade is pulled back for an open-to-the-sky experience. Warm light from sunset makes everyone look lovely.Special Features:
- Another great Patio mealtrixiefigDined on 9/25/2014The Patio on Lamont is our favorite spot. We love the food, the wait staff and the ambience.Special Features:
- a few glitchesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014I was looking forward to our dining experience as I sat outside on the shady patio enjoying the respite from the heat. We ordered the burgers with salad and looked forward to satisfying our hunger. 45 minutes later I asked the waiter where our food was, after we watched the diners around us that had ordered after us eating their food. The food arrived soon after that and my requested medium burger was rare. The manager quickly whisked it away and apologized profusely. The waiter ultimately admitted that he had given our food to the wrong table. I must say that despite all the problems, the management and the waiter took full responsibility for their errors. Do not eat here if you don't like flies and dogs.Special Features:
- long time favorite restaurantJazGDined on 9/19/2014I love this restaurant so much. The outdoor area is so comfortable and homey, service is always great, and food is amazing! I love the beef and blue flatbread! Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacemandyjmDined on 9/17/2014The décor and ambiance was definitely much trendier than the previous Lamont Grill. The flatbreads were not cheap, but pretty good.Special Features:
- Terrific Lunch SpotPunkinsMamaVIPDined on 9/17/2014I love the fact that happy hour is all day here! Great spot for lunch as it is not super crowded. We shared the beet and avocado salad - great. Also the broken down nicoise was perfect for a hot summer day. Service was friendly & efficient. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experiencePipesRPlayingDined on 9/13/2014We shared five dishes among two couples and everyone thought all dishes were perfectly prepared and delectable. Moreover, the valet fee ($3) and corkage fee ($15) are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014All the bar help were outstanding. I can't remember the owners name,but he went above & beyond quality service & making sure we were all cared for.I love this place & continue to t ell my friend about it.Keep up the fantastic service!!!Special Features:
- My stop everytime I am in San DiegoMaryVIPDined on 9/10/2014Every time I am in San Diego I make it a point to come to Lamont on the Patio, from the dogs, to the amazing service and of course outstanding food I love it!Special Features:
- Good food good servicePBlocalDined on 9/7/2014Good food good service. We eat there often. Service has been better but food was good overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Too many flies all over the restaurant. I understand outside dining, but waving our hands over our food was a distraction.
- Great food, dog friendly!SHoch77Dined on 9/6/2014Had a great experience. Many customers bring their dogs. We went for bruch, and there were 3-4 dogs in our corner of the restaurant alone. They bring dog treats and bowls of water for the pup, and there's a selection of 1/2-price drinks for bringing a dog. The food was great - we ate the nicoise salad and the grilled ham and cheese with fries (forget what they actually called the second dish). Both were terrific! The service was prompt, accurate, and amusing.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The service was wonderful, and the food was excellent, including the lovely presentations. The only negative was there were so-o-o-o many flies it was very distracting during conversation and eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RABJAZZDined on 9/5/2014food good but much too noisy. the very opposite of a quiet, romantic evening.Special Features:
- Lamont street grill, I miss youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Food was pretty good. Service was not horrible. This used to be the Lamont street grill which was an upscale intimate spot for a lovely and quite dinner. Now, it's a relatively loud and open establishment that allows dogs in the dining area (I love dogs) which is a huge turnoff for me. Overall it's not a bad place, but I have not been here since it is was the Lamont street grill and was disappointed that the new business was nothing like it.
- Def would recommendBT91Dined on 9/5/2014Gravest food and service paired with an even better patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe I ordered the wrong food..chilipoodleVIPDined on 9/1/2014It was just okay. Love the open space + ceiling and extremely dog friendly! However, the food was just alright, not spectacular. I had the deconstructed chilaquiles .. I probably shouldn't have done that (couldn't have any cheese + sour cream) because it tasted weird. Boyfriend had the rancheros + mexican soup, he said the soup was great, but rancheros was too heavy. Overall, go for drinks + ambiance instead!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchtaybaybayDined on 8/31/2014Came her and had to change my reservation details a few times - they were very accommodating. Service and food was top par. Only negative - i ordered the veggie scramble and the egg was poached, they didnt specify that on the menu, i assumed it was scrambled and i do not eat poached eggs. Food and ambiance was great otherwise, I will be back to test out the bar and reccomend it to friends.Special Features:
- Out of town relativesWillDined on 8/31/2014To be fair we had struck out a lot with San Diego brunch locations. Either the food was way over priced and did not live up to the cost or the cost was average and the food was not good; actually got flat champagne multiple times. The Patio was very good. The parking is really bad that is the only reason Outstanding was not the rating.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!!CamilleDined on 8/28/2014HUGE THANKS to The Patio for a great experience! Thank you for helping us celebrate a birthday!!! The octopus was incredible, the ribeye was to die for!!!! The service was outstanding!! THANK YOU!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent dining experience. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie99VIPDined on 8/27/2014It was an awesome meal. Service was just a bit slow.Special Features: