The Patio on Lamont
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Patio on Lamont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepatioonlamont.com/
- Phone: (858) 412-4648
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Late Night Menu:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Medall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday 6pm to 9pm
Pianist Sheila Steverson playing holiday jingles and requests
Every Sunday night in December
- Special Events: Industry Mondays - All day happy hour for industry
No Corkage Tuesday and Live Music - No Corkage Fee
Acoustic Sundays - Live Music 6pm to 9pm
Happy Hour - 3pm to 6pm everyday
Christmas Eve - All day happy hour
A word from The Patio on Lamont
Relax. Enjoy. Share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Patio on Lamont reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (127)great for outdoor dining (122)fit for foodies (95)hot spot (59)great for lunch (58)great for brunch (51)good for groups (50)romantic (41)special occasion (38)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (36)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Feels upscale, but yet down to earthExplorerDined on 11/22/2014Loved how they welcomed the pooches, with a water bowl and a couple of biscuits. We were sat in the main dining patio area, which was welcoming. All too often, "dog-friendly" restaurants restrict you to a less ideal part of the property. Food was gourmet and there was enough brunch selections without making it too much of a chore to choose. Portions were large enough to share if you don't have much of an appetite, but admittedly I had no trouble finishing mine because it was so good. The only complaint I have is the lack of parking, particularly before their valet service is available. My friends were late and stressed because of it, but the hostess and waitresses were gracious in holding the table without complaint. The bills was also split as we asked, making it easier to go Dutch. Most upscale restaurants would be snobbish about both points, so hats off to The Patio on Lamont for having such a down-to-earth culture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TarynDined on 11/18/2014I loveeee the Patio. They have amazing food and drinks and a revolving menu. Everything I've had here is amazing. Their speciality cocktails are so yummy and always consistent. A lot of times you go to places and order the same drink and every time it's a little different, but that is not the case at Patio. The servers and bartenders are super knowledgable and on top of their tables. Also, they always bring my little puppy a ton of treats and a bowl of water. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choices for apps and dinnersGavinVIPDined on 11/17/2014We stuffed ourselves a little getting the crab/ahi stack, the roasted veggies, the fish entree special and the shaved veggies with grilled chicken. All were delicious and portioned a little small since we are big guys, but honestly perfect for anyone else. Great service, we will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Light Lunch!ciascunoilsuoDined on 11/12/2014The food, the service, and the setting (street view not included) is great. The flatbreads and small dishes are exceptional with respect to the combinations of flavors. I have not had a better light lunch and highly recommend the "Patio"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServicefoodforlifeVIPDined on 11/9/2014We met up with our nieces who live in the area and I found this neighborhood gem through Yelp reviews. Happy Hour drinks are 1/2 off. The small plates and even large plates can be shared so that everyone has a sampling of different dishes. We enjoyed the crab/poke appetizer, pork shoulder and brussel sprouts the best. The service was excellent and they even allowed us to order our happy hour drinks outside of the bar area. Parking can be tough so having the $3 valet was valuable. We all enjoyed our meal at the Patio and will be back.Special Features:
- Pig and Pint 2 year anniversaryMikeDDined on 11/9/2014The Patio opened two years ago on Lamont St. in PB. We live in Crown Point, so it is a fun neighborhood place for foodie food, dog friendliness and a chill, patio ambiance. They roasted a pig for their 2 year anniversary, so we headed over for a Sunday Funday and great BBQ. Healthier, eclectic side of couscous was a nice surprise. Good beer paring with the pig.Special Features:
- Great Spot - Service & Food just OKginnyssandiegoDined on 11/9/2014As soon as I walked in to the Patio on Lamont, I was completely taken aback by the cool vibe and atmosphere - my expectations were elevated as a cool place like this must have the service and the food to match it. Sadly... no. We shared 2 brunch entrees - the Ranchero Eggs- good, not great. On the menu it stated that the eggs would be cooked to order, however, the server did not ask how I would like them prepared. I would have ordered them over easy, but they were by default scrambled... not my favorite. We ordered the Cornflake French Toast with high expectations - it was quite dry and bready. Not something I would order again. You have to put lots of butter and syrup on it to make it enjoyable... Drinks & Check had to be asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014loved the food. We had a great waiter. loved the atmosphere. will defiitely be backSpecial Features:
- Really? Your dog has to be loud?dogtired2Dined on 11/2/2014Create a dog lovers only section. Not everyone wants to hear your dog bark at other dogs while trying to talk in an already crowded and noisy place. Do you really need your dog inside with you?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot, dog friendlyFirstTimerDined on 11/2/2014This is a dog friendly restaurant, so expect many locals to bring their canine friends on weekends. I love dogs and think it's great! However, one person in our party is not keen on animals being in the dining area, so make sure everyone you go with is ok with this. The food was all solid all the way around. Service was friendly and energetic.Special Features:
- Completely New Restaurant...SurfVIPDined on 10/31/2014We have now dined at this under new ownership, completely renovated new restaurant several times and we have never been disappointed. This was formerly the Lamont Street Grill and as the Lamont Street Grill we probable only dined there on a couple of occasions. However, the new Patio on Lamont is fresh, vibrant and unique and we have dined there many times. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating is "pet friendly" which is probably the only unfavorable aspect of this restaurant to us. We do have a dog and we do not have kids, but when we go out as adults to have a nice dinner we would rather not be sitting next to dogs or kids. Parking can be tricky in this area, but on the weekends they do have valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantFoodie4twoVIPDined on 10/30/2014We ordered 9 starters and two salads. Every single item was amazing and plenty of food for 9 people. The open outdoor part was fun and bringing your dog was so cute. Loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014the food service was excellent and the only problem was that the valet parking service was not available at lunch timeSpecial Features:
- Good FoodF00dieDined on 10/25/2014The Patio was really nice. We had the BBQ Chicken Sliders and each got Rib-eye Steaks. Pros: -The ambiance is fun w/ cute décor -The BBQ Chicken Sliders were different, but absolutely amazing! -The Rib-eye Steaks were delicious. However, both my bf and I were not fans of the runny mash potatoes and the selection of veggies (whole shallots/onions, mushrooms and kale) Cons: -Our waitress was a little short with us when asking questions. She checked up on us once while waiting 45 minutes for our entrees and this was to drop off the sliders. After our steaks she asked how our food while walking by, before I had a chance to answer she was already gone. -Tables are in near proximity and a tad cramped – this is in PB though, so it’s expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSDpartdeuxDined on 10/25/2014We shared small and large plates and had a wonderful dinner. The setting is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This was my first time at the patio, our server was a very excellent server, friendly, and very helpful. The food was great. I would recommend The Patio to my friends and I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring Your Pet!JorgeDenisseandLuckyDined on 10/24/2014Being able to have our 40 pound dog with us was a major plus. Tried the garlic fries, brussel sprouts and a pasta dish and they were all great. The same goes for the desserts and the drinks we got. I want to go back and try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the Fab FourFoodfor4Dined on 10/22/2014By far the BEST "new" restaurant we've found this year. Outstanding food, Ambience, Service & Décor. Loved our evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pete HamiltonPeteHam57Dined on 10/20/2014Trying to find a nice little get-away place while in town for a conference. My wife and I totally enjoyed the evening..... Great food, atmosphere, and service. Highly recommend and would absolutely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super CoolSharpeeSurlesDined on 10/19/2014Love this place. Consistently great. Snacks, brunch & happy hour all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightjennDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful experience and will definitely go back. The food and cocktails were delicious and we had great service. There were other areas of the restaurant that were noisy but we sat at a table in a quieter room and it was perfect for date night. No complaints!Special Features:
- Nice experience.NadineDined on 10/18/2014Overall ambiance, service, and food was very good. We especially enjoyed the fact that we didn't have to yell to hear each other across the table! Everyone was pleasant. We liked the wine list, pricing was a little strange, but our waiter was very helpful in explaining it. We will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllyGDined on 10/18/2014Took friends from out of town here, and they have said at least 3 times each that I have to take them there next time they are in town! I think that says it all! But I will happily elaborate: had been here before for happy hour and lunch but never for dinner, and dinner has been the best so far! Decided to get a few apps to share then a few of the small plates to share, this was a great option to really try a good portion of the menu without over stuffing ourselves. Had the fresh baked bread, Cioppino, bbq chicken flatbread, ahi poke tacos, and the braised beef shank. From start to finish everything was delicious and perfect amount for sharing! Just remembering how tender the beef was my mouth is watering! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST flatbread ever!LillyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Love the Beef and Bleu Flatbread!!!! The Lunch trio is great and so are the Happy hour wines.Special Features:
- DelightfulFabulousVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food and ambiance are delightful...the service, for being pretty slow could have been better. The presentation of the food and the taste are really good.Special Features:
- lots of good, a little not so goodopinionatedDined on 10/12/2014Lovely place, nice ambiance, pretty good food, good service. Only negative was thesingle, expensive choice if you wanted a glass of Chardonnay, which a lot of people ( especially women) like. There is only one offering, and it is $15.00 for the class. WOW. Pretty expensive for a California casual restaurant, in my opinion. I was told by the waiter that the restaurant is, " all about the wine." Really? In this neighborhood? Well, how about just giving those of us who are dining and are NOT, "all about the wine", a few more choices at a less expensive price? After all, one of the great advantages of living in California is you can drink great wine at a very reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- free2eatDined on 10/11/2014Loved the whole place and the food was delicious. It is difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio ParticularstaffyDined on 10/11/2014We have always enjoyed this restaurant. Interesting items on the menu. Salads are especially good. Our only disappointment was the variety on the wine list. Some very expensive wines by the glass. Good idea to go during Happy Hour because all beer and wine is half price. We loved the flat breads, especially the vegetarian one. Great patio for dogs. Gets a bit noisy as the evening progresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a favoriteJazGDined on 10/11/2014We came here (again!) for lunch/brunch. The food was amazing--we had a variety of lunch and brunch meals. Drinks were great, too! I love all the different champagne specials.Special Features:
- Surprise, surpriseGjg12Dined on 10/10/2014We stopped by for lunch this week and were pleasantly surprised by the coziness on the inside of a rather weather-beaten outside. Service was prompt and knowledgeable. After we had outlined our general intentions, our server made two recommendations Club to meet our needs. Both were spot on: the Patio Club is a great sandwich perfectly accompanied by crisp, hot shoestring style fries. Any of the flatbreads to start is a good selection, but we lucked into the special of the day. It appears the specials rotate, so try a couple of different days. Excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb againsuziqmurDined on 10/9/2014What a wonderful place to dine. It is more than a terrific meal beautifully presented. The truly caring staff welcome you as an old friend into their "home". The dog friendly folks cater to the ,always well behaved, canine visitors as well as they do to the humans. I have introduced a number of family and friends to the "Patio" and will continue to do so. Thanks for such a refreshing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisure LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014A great spot, but make sure you have time to spare. Sometimes the food can take awhile to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Sunday Night DinnerfunkyVIPDined on 10/5/2014The food was pretty good. We had the hummus plate and my son had a flatbread pizza. All was pretty tasty, not excellent. The wait staff seemed more interested in each other than the waiting customers. The wine list looked interesting, but expensive. It was a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Off night?JusteatitDined on 10/3/2014Super salty arugula, ok flatbread maybe too much cheese, fishy poke, and felt rushed for dinner. Removing plates while others are still eating is a pet peeve. Used to be my favorite place. Will give it another chance but this night stuck out as not so goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!CaligrlDined on 10/3/2014We had a birthday celebration for an office mate here on a Friday night. The food was amazing! The vibe was fun and all had a good time. I would definitely recommend for a fun place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the PatioPatioDiningDined on 9/30/2014September 30th I had the pleasure of dining at the Patio with a guest. I made reservations for 7:15 and was escorted to a "quiet " table in the back, which the bouncer took the liberty to facilitate. before our dinner arrived he came to the table and very politely explained that he needed our table for a larger group that had arrived and apologized. we were given a table outside and were very pleased with the table, and our server (with the kilt) however the fish of the day was dry. we were offered free desert for our inconvenience which we declined but it was extremely nice to be offered. I will be backSpecial Features:
- YummysweetwanderlustVIPDined on 9/28/2014Everything was great! I definitely left feeling very full because we got a bunch of small plates to share. I would pass on the hummus plates, as I wasn't a huge fan, but everything else was gray.Special Features:
- eatnoutDined on 9/28/2014The appetizers (beet bruschetta) were tasty even though we could not find any beets to speak of. The Ahi was wonderful, 2 of us had the shrimp in grits...they've obviously never been south of Denver as the grits were pathetic. Shrimp was good and tasty. I've had 3 meals here and will continue to drive the 20 miles, one way, to eat at their restaurant.Special Features:
- The patio is worth the wait...AlFrescoDinerDined on 9/27/2014Don't let the reservationist/host dissuade you from sitting on "the patio"; wait for a table and make sure the sunshade is pulled back for an open-to-the-sky experience. Warm light from sunset makes everyone look lovely.Special Features:
- Another great Patio mealtrixiefigDined on 9/25/2014The Patio on Lamont is our favorite spot. We love the food, the wait staff and the ambience.Special Features: