The Patio @ The Freeport Inn & Marina
445 South Main Street
Freeport, NY 11520Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Patio @ The Freeport Inn & Marina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patiofreeport.com/
- Phone: 5166232980x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alexander Algieri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rain or Shine covered outdoor private waterfront catering on an adjacent, elevated patio. Cocktail and buffet parties of all styles
- Entertainment: Monday:
Wednesday: All You Can Eat Lobster Bake
Thursdays: Live Music
Friday : Live Funk followed by House Music DJ
Saturday: Live Reggae on the Water
- Special Events: May 11th 2014: Mother's Day Seatings 12 - 5
A word from The Patio @ The Freeport Inn & Marina
A three thousand square foot indoor/outdoor patio restaurant and lounge which sides along our Marina. Enjoy water and fire side dining in a chic retro miami style. Wood fire Pizza, Seafood, Raw Bar, Steak and Salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Patio @ The Freeport Inn & Marina - Best Restaurants in Freeport ›
The Patio @ The Freeport Inn & Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)scenic view (22)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (6)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014If I wasn't sent by a close friend I would have never found this cool little spot. Great live music and good food make it a homerun. Make sure to try the brick oven pizzas and request a table on the marina sideSpecial Features:
- Miami style in FreeportOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great little hip spot behind hotel in Freeport. Really good food and drinks but the view steals the show. Little pricey but you get what you pay forSpecial Features:
- Great Little FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We loved the laid back vibe and beautiful view. The tacos, empanadas, mango brie and brick oven pizzas were all hits. We will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Tasty TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We had a great time at the patio as per a friends recommendation. Food was excellent, Service was good, and the atmosphere was GREAT. Beautiful views of marina and firepits made for a great night out. THanks guys !Special Features:
- HelloeeeDined on 8/20/2014Went for all u can eat lobster bake. Was told u could either get q claw or tail not both. So for $30 u get corn potatoes clams and claw u have to finish it in order to put in another order for all u can eat. Ur choice was also a $30 lobster roll or 2lb stuff lobster. We were told it was stuffed with shrimp ans crab meat. It was all breading dry. Major disappointment.
- Friday niteBrunoVIPDined on 8/15/2014Been there twice , older crowd , great music , and food is good , easy menu , nice little gemSpecial Features:
- Nice View Bad FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014We went to the Patio for their Wednesday night Lobster Special. It was an all you can eat lobster bake that included Maine Lobster, Clams, Mussels and potatoes in a both. The lobster was overcooked, tough and chewy, and they were very chintzy with the lobster portions. In each serving all I received was half a tiny lobster tail and part of one claw. One time my lobster "portion" was an empty clew, that's it. The clams were fairly large but they too were tough and the mussels were huge. If you want to dine in a marina setting the view is great, but don't expect much from the food. Our waitress was very pleasant, but the hostesses were unfriendly and rude.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food ok..not great......EXPENSIVE for what we got....sat at this bistro type table....chairs too high ..felt like I was eating off my lap...music....band atmosphere was goodSpecial Features:
- Summertime funwhackywendyDined on 8/6/2014Great for outdoor fun. Live band.nice seating. Wish I had know lobster nite is. ONLY lobster. Wine is affordable. Service was o.k. Still would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music great, service terriblejetsfan914Dined on 8/6/2014We went specifically to see the band 45 RPM but decided to go early and have dinner. It was lobster bake night. I did the all you can eat. It was about 20 minutes between getting the orders and that was only after getting the waitresses attention. We actually canceled the last order because it took so long. The food was ok, a little on the cold side. Drinks are over priced. We would definitely go again if 45 RPM was there but we will be eating somewhere else first.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsJCdiningoutDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed the Wednesday night lobster specials. the band 45RPM was fantastic! Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LBBBDined on 7/20/2014Tasty Food, Good Service, & Great View. A little pricey but its a seasonal waterfront spot so that's expected. Must try the coconut fish & chips and the local tuna tartar !Special Features:
- Great Brunch !BKDinerDined on 7/20/2014We had been to the Patio several times but never for Brunch. We were out visiting family and brought the whole crew. It was a quiet day compared to other times we visited but everything was GREAT ! The Lobster Empanadas and the Coconut Fish & Chips were awesome !Special Features:
- Great lobster night !LBBBDined on 7/16/2014We had a great time at wednesday night lobster bake. Great lobster roll and stuffed lobster ! Service was friendly but not very sharp Overall a really good time
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The only good thing about this place is the view! The food portions were very small and pricey. The drinks were very pricey. They didn't get our reservation so we had to wait for an hour. I don't think I'll go back!
- JewelsDined on 7/5/2014Sat outside, it was a beautiful evening and we enjoyed the live music. Food is a bit pricey but it was delicious. The fish and chips were very good. The piece of Brie in the appetizer was so small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the priceddpwnyDined on 7/5/2014Service was poor and the quality didn't match the price. Location wasn't as good as I thought it would be either. On the harbor but not the nortical mileSpecial Features:
- Great Food & DrinkCFOODLVRDined on 6/26/2014Cant beat it...We always have a great time at our little hidden spot...Cant say enough about the GREAT pizzas and lobster special
- FreeportFoodieDined on 6/26/2014Amazing Lobster Bake specials. We tried a couple things but the 2lbs stuffed lobster was our favorite. We will be back next week for sure !Special Features:
- Great outdoor place with live band!OutnaboutDined on 6/14/2014Went there for dinner and was not expecting much but what a great surprise! There's was a live band, outside sitting and food was amazing, best lobster impanadas so far. It's a great choice even to just have a drink and listen to music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doc1989VIPDined on 6/11/2014the lobster bake was fantastic - all you can eat of clams, mussles, lobster, corn and potatos for $29.95!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PatiogdibDined on 6/7/2014I went to The Patio with some friends for my birthday. The view and overall look of the restaurant was great. I also really enjoyed the food. My biggest complaint was with the service. We barely saw our waitress all night, it took over an hour for us to get our food after ordering, and they charged us over 20% for gratuity on our bill for lousy service. In addition, the place was very empty for a Saturday night. The band stopped playing at 10 pm and by 1030, the place was empty. It's a shame that such a beautiful place has such lousy service and poor atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodieVIPDined on 6/4/2014First visit of the season. Limited menu, okay food. Friendly servers but just okay service. Only 2 citronella candles on site for a buggy nite outdoors. Hope it was just an off evening but not in a rush to return.
- best of FreeportCFOODLVRDined on 5/22/2014It might be Freeport but it sure isn't the Nautical Mile... The Patio is heads above anything else we've visited in southshore Nassau Great views and fun retro vibe. But the real standout is the food...Great shrimp tacos, lobster empanadas, and one of the best brick oven pizzas anywhere ! Its a little pricey but well worth itSpecial Features:
- LBBBDined on 5/21/2014Great little hidden gem...we loved the food and atmosphere cant be beat ! Back again soonSpecial Features:
- LBBBDined on 5/16/2014Great Food and even better view...A cant miss when in FreeportSpecial Features:
- BKDinerDined on 5/16/2014We found that the food was excellent but the service could use a little polish. The great views and delish food made everything well worth itSpecial Features:
- Dockside StarCommishDined on 5/11/2014Great place to bring your spouse or special lady. Food was very good and portions just right. Service was a little slow and server was not very knowledgeable with regards to "how" meals were prepared when asked. However, overall very enjoyable experience and would return. Make sure it's a sunny day to get the most out of it.Special Features:
- DisappointingRicenbeansDined on 5/11/2014We were there for Mothers Day. We arrived at noon, and our entrees were it served until 2. In the meantime, there were mistakes with our apps, and when the entrees did come, they had not made one person's food, so she waited even longer. When we ordered dessert and coffee, first they forgot coffee, then we had to wait forilk, and we never got sugar. The wait staff was nice and apologetic, but it's no way to run a restaurant, especially for the price. The food was good, but nothing great. And when we asked for aim bread instead of corn muffins, they did not have any. It was a hot mess.
- Great Food & Great AtmosphereBKDinerDined on 5/2/2014A little unassuming from the road but the space and view is beautiful and the food is killer. We loved the bbq duck and the coconut fish and chips. THe drinks were great and service friendly. We came on a friends recommendation and will be coming backSpecial Features:
- LBBBDined on 5/2/2014Same beautiful space...Great new menu...We came for a quick bite when visiting family last year and really enjoyed it. When we came back this year we were even more pleased. They added on more outdoor space and change the menu a little bit. Dont worry those amazing wood fired pizzas are still available. The service was warm and friendly but the real treat was the food. We will be back when the weather warms up a bit !Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the The Patio @ The Freeport Inn & Marina reviews archive.
- Great place to sit outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2013Great place to sit outside on the water and have a drink. Service was great. Food was good. A little overpriced for what it was. But would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpriced!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Food was very good and the setting was relaxing and inviting, however the bill was ridiculous for what we received.this place is set away from the rest of the competition on Woodcleft Ave so I guess they can get away with it but everything on the menu was three to four dollars too much. Again. The food was really good and we enjoyed the meal , but we won't be back.
- LimitedShivie1023Dined on 8/29/2013The menu is limited. No side dishes. The chef will not substitute veggies for mashed potatoes even though they have mashed potatoes for other entrees. They do have kid options. The menu online is not accurate. They only had 3 desserts. My daughter (8 yrs) had kid pasta with sauce and they gave a giant plate with next to no pasta on the plate. The food was good. I had shrimp taco appetizer for dinner because of limited entree options. It was very good. My so. Enjoyed their burger and my husband enjoyed their stuffed lobster bake. They had brick oven pizza which looked good. Ambiance is great.Special Features:
- Killer FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2013Awesome food and good vibes at this beautiful outdoor space. GREAT addition to freeportSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2013We had a great time at The Patio. Food was great...tacos, tuna tartar, grilled oysters...we didnt try any entrees but everything that went by us looked great ! And you cant beat the beautiful marina views and relaxed atmosphere We will be back !!! SOONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summertime funwhackywendyDined on 8/10/2013Can't wait to go back. Great music, friendly waitress & food was good! Right on a marina. What more could you ask for. But very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningRobinsDined on 8/10/2013A neighborhood gem that has only outdoor seating. Food is adequateSpecial Features:
- NICE BUTJUSTOK1Dined on 8/6/2013The restaurant was nice in that it was on the water, however, the menu was limited (no shrimp offered except peel and eat) which was surprising for a restaurant in the heart of the seaford district. The prices were very high and not warranted for this type of place. The food was OK but the portions were small. The wait staff was good, but it took 20 minutes for them to bring us bread as we were told they had to make the flat bread...you would think they would have been a bit more prepared and we should not have had to ask for it. If this place expects people to come in, they better reconsider their menu and prices... they are not worth the prices they are asking for. Nice but never again!Special Features:
- fantastic deal/beautiful venuedoc1989VIPDined on 7/29/20139 people, incl. a 2 & 7 yr old went for Monday lobster. All were leery upon entering the parking lot. The motel is old & all had concerns about the restaurant being as uninviting; however, once we walked into the restaurant, we were very pleasantly surprised! It is indeed a patio, complete with sofas, fishpond/waterfall, view of the marina, round fire pits, and large movie screen. Staff was great with the kids who had plenty of room to run around without bothering others, even coming up with some story books for the 2 year old. The all you can eat lobster kept coming and the stuffed 2 pounder was great. The sangria was especially delicious! We were there over 2 hours and enjoyed every minute. Will definitely go again. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.