7904 Woodmont Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
South AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theparvarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3013126488
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 9pm Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, South American, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Edwin Balcazar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Parva Restaurant Bar & Restaurant has a widely open experience with catering and event planning since the origin of this corporation has started as a Caterer in the DC metro area.
- Private Party Facilities: The Parva Restaurant Bar & Lounge has a beautiful set up with 2 floors. First floor has a very nice low lighting, nice table seating and a very attractive decor. Second floor has open space for private events, open seating, cocktail and others.
- Private Party Contact: JC Balcazar 3014493827
- Entertainment: The Parva Restaurant Bar & Lounge has two different ambiance from a nice looking dining to a relaxing lounge. The Lounge is located on the second floor and it has a completely different feeling as you walk in.
- Special Events: The lounge is available for any type of special events from Birthdays to Weddings. The 2nd floor space can seat 80 and standing 160 persons. The entire both floors are available as well that can seat over 200 and standing 300 persons.
- Cross Street: Fairmont Ave
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Plenty Street Parking on woodmont ave. Also there is a parking lot on the left side of Woodmont Ave coming from Wisconsin Ave. The parking is located by the Columbia Bank. There is minimum charge of $1.00 per hour or $3.00 after 5pm. Please call us for any further information.
A word from The Parva
As more South Americans venture north with their cooking traditions and ingredients in hand, North Americans are getting the chance to sample these new foods and flavors. THE PARVA RESTAURANT BAR & LOUNGE has the Nuevo Latino cuisine as one example of the global gastronomic exchange that happens today, a fusion of traditional Latin flavors with global food trends. The rest of the world has become interested in the cuisines of South America, and new combinations will emerge. But the time-honored culinary traditions of Latin America remain intact. If you have not explored them already, new or old, don't miss out. You will fall in love with South American food. Our Chef now showcase Andean products such as alpaca meat, grains like quinoa and kiwicha, and unusual tubers such as yuca and maca in sophisticated new ways.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Parva reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- communication is keyarthurDined on 8/9/2014We had plans for our families to have dinner but we were never told of the closed.kitchen until we arrive with a party of 7. It would have been nice to receive a call prior to arrival noting that the kitchen was not open for full menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedNanoDined on 7/12/2014The food is ok but the place was empty on a Saturday night and the waiter kept forgetting our order :(Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseAgoodfindDined on 6/28/2014Good bargain and good food. Nice menu variety. Excellent monitors. Portions generous. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Really liked itneighborVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was our 2nd time there. The food and service are great. The only flaw was a group of 8 very loud young people near us. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- We are regulars now!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014The Parva is a great place for a girl's night out or romantic dinner with someone special. The food is amazing and service is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great food in a semi-noisy settingbadlerDined on 6/10/2014We went to The Parva as it was recommended [our favorite local steak rest had closed]. The food was prepared well, the suggestions from the waitress were superb as were the Mojitos. I read some bad reviews on Yelp but needed to see if it was true. If not for the OVERLY loud gal seated next to us, my dinner and evening would have been much better. [I know more about her than I cared to know]. But my steak was very tender and prepared exactly as I ordered with a chimichurri sauce to compliment the dinner. Not sure how I felt about the smashed and baked plantains, as I prefer them to be roasted and sweet. Overall I was very happy and if parking was not a huge problem, as it is in downtown Bethesda, I would gladly return! maybe on a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014The mixed appetizers were very good. Drinks were fast, good alcohol, but mix was a little off on 1.Special Features:
- Mojitos and MoreTryinitallDined on 5/24/2014Peruvian and Columbian dishes plus some inventive vegetarian entrees. The appetizer/ small plates were perfect for our group of four. Nice mix of meat, sauces, plantain and frites. I had the chicken soup which was a perfect follow up. The seafood pastas seemed a bit heavy to me. The mojito and pisco sour were both fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great South American foodFoodaholicDined on 5/20/2014Unpretentious, but comfortable ambience. Attentive, friendly service. Outstanding dinner selection at moderate prices; advertised as Peruvian, but actually representative of various South American cuisines. Half-price wines on Tuesdays not expected, much appreciated! We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Great food! The servers were very nice and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent South America CuisineJacksonDined on 5/4/2014Parva takes traditional dishes and makes them better. You start with small pieces of the most delicious cornbread even and it just gets better from there.Special Features:
- PleasedDined on 5/3/2014I hope others discover this gem, it doesn't seem to be as busy as it potentially could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the The Parva reviews archive.
- Hidden Gem in Bethesdaespi123Dined on 4/26/2014The restaurant was very clean and the staff was very polite and attentive. After some great wine and food we found out the upstairs was a night club and we decided to finish the night with some Salsa dancing. Great hidden Gem from the beaten path.I would recommend this to a friend.
- vincygalDined on 4/19/2014The restaurant was relatively empty but I found it troubling that when we arrived they had placed our dining companions at the back of the restaurant between the bathrooms and the kitchen. I did not want to make a fuss as the people we were meeting were already seated. Given that there were other open tables and we had made a reservation I thought that this was very unsettling for me. The waitress was less than helpful when we had questions regarding the menu. We dine all the time in the Bethesda area and I was somewhat embarrassed as we had made the reservation. One of my friends asked about my experience and I simply told her don't waste your time you can get good mojitos anywhere.
- Second Visit to The Parva,CambodiaDDined on 4/4/2014Second Visit to The Parva, but first time eating in the restaurant. Our first time was attending a birthday party in the upstairs lounge area. The upstairs is small with nice white booth seating on the back wall. Music selection wasn't the best (weird mix of top 40 pop and latin with bad transitioning) Our dinner meal was pretty good. Not very busy for a nice friday night. We stated with appetizers. Beef empanadas are great, shrimp apepas were kind of bland. Chips/salsa/guacamole was standard. Pisco sour drink was good. Entrees were La Pais Moderna and some shrimp dish. The Pais Moderna was good. Lots of meat, tostones which were ok, rice and beans with a soft egg went well. We had the triple chocolate desert. Too sweet for us, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on fireGalsVIPDined on 4/3/2014good food & plenty, 2 years new, modern interior, superior service, don't miss the fire with the dessertSpecial Features:
- Amazing food. Very authenticTNapeVIPDined on 3/28/2014Amazing food. Very authentic and delicious. Night club upstairs that is also a lot of fun. HIGHLY recommend for food (anytime) or late night dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Parva - Perfect Gourmet MealsSherryAvaDined on 3/14/2014Our dinner for 7 people was fun with many interesting and reasonably priced items on the menu. The Flaming Pineapple Desert was a big hit and fun talking point for the whole group. Everyone loved their meal. Our servers were attentive and accommodated all of our needs including making a dish minus the octopus for one in our group and customizing the coffee for another. The only caution is that this isn't a restaurant to go to when you are in a hurry. Each meal is prepared individually so patience will be rewarded if you have the time to wait.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance/Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2014I learned of this restaurant via Groupon, however after enjoying an amazing authentic Latin dinner and outstanding service (the hostess/server greeted me by name, was very personable and attentive throughout the evening); I will definitely come back again and tell others about this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedPleasedDined on 3/1/2014I certainly hope this new restaurant is successful. The food was very good, service was so kind, and portions more than adequate. I had never heard about The Parva until I bought the Living Social but will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!AdriDined on 2/26/2014The food was delicious, the natural juices are wonderful , and the service is excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall our experience hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014Overall our experience here was good. The service was polite, kind, and informative. However, there was only one server for the whole restaurant that evening. At times we needed something (spicy salsa) but no one was available. When the server came by we no longer needed it (finished out appetizers). I ordered the passion fruit juice- it was delicious and refreshing. The food we had was fresh (esp the veggies that came with the entrees) and the veg items were well seasoned (medley of squash/carrot, brown beans). But the appetizers and main meat items lacked a flavor/punch that we expected from Latin American cuisine. We requested hot sauce with our entrees, but it wasn't the same without the food being made with the flavor.Special Features:
- Nice place, disappointing foodTurnerDined on 2/15/2014The food could have been a lot better and it looked like it was prepackaged and frozen. My girlfriend asked if they could take out the peppers from her arroz con pollo and they said it all comes together and you can't do that. The flan was also disappointing as it also looked like it was a frozen tv dinner. Nice atmosphere but some disappointing food. The waitress was nice. The inside is very small actually but interesting decor. Don't judge it by the dumpy look it has outside. Its a cheap place to go but I still recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad choice for my dateErk79Dined on 2/14/2014I took my date to Parva and everything went well until another couple decided that bring a baby out for valentines day dinner would be a good ideal. After 15 mins of trying to talk to my date over a crying baby, the staff did not say anything to the people. This killed the romantic night I set up. When you are paying good money for a place that has a automatic gratuity, I tend to expect that they respect 99% of the customers and ask for the people with the crying baby to either quiet the baby or leave. The food was good and the staff was very nice, but the crying baby thing has me never going back.
- Great food, friendly serviceLisaDined on 2/8/2014I went for dinner with my husband and we thought the food was great. There weren't too many people, but there was only one server running around. She did a great job, but I never got to ask some questions I had since she was so busy. Overall, we had a great experience and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemNYCmamaDined on 2/6/2014Good food, good service - a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quinoa Risotto wow!AdamDined on 2/1/2014This dish is so good, it will be hard for me to try anything else.Special Features:
- Completed our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014Best restaurant I have ever dined in. Great food , warm atmosphere and immaculate service completed the night for my wife and I 4th year anniversary. Will definetly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Latin Food in BethesdaAuburnRhysDined on 1/25/2014Too bad The Parva is just past Woodmont Triangle and a little off the beaten track, because it's certainly worth a visit. Interesting menu goes beyond the usual Latino dishes. Excellent black sausage appetizer with lovely crispy baby potatoes, gambas al ajillo in creme sauce that are to die for (never had garlic shrimp in creme sauce before but am now an afficianado), and fresh ceviche. They didn't skimp on the margarita's tequila either. They were out of a couple things I wanted to try, but what we had was fine stuff. Prices were reasonable. Low key ambience in a pretty room. Attentive service. They have great discounts during happy hours. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Bethesda GemJulieGVIPDined on 1/24/2014Wide selection of different Latin American dishes from various countries - Peru, Mexico, Cuba. Tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedReviewerDined on 1/17/2014Food was mediocre. Drinks were good. TVs around room with a fireplace dvd.
- AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!saraDined on 1/5/2014This place was awesome. Food was amazing, the staff was amazing. Nothing but great things to say about this place. Will def go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperiencePickyEater57Dined on 12/31/2013My first time here was New Year's Eve. I ate early. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was outstanding. I'm not a big fan of French Fries and they like to serve them in the two dishes I tried. I would of preferred a differently prepared potato dish. However, the fries were crispy and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodKEArionDined on 12/27/2013All in all, I like the food at Parva, and the mojitos are very good. They have great dinner deals for during the week, but you can't get those on Friday or Saturday nights. The restaurant is very under-staffed, so the service can be slow, although all of the wait staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedKEArionDined on 12/18/2013The only reason I went to Parva in the first place is because I had a living social deal. The first thing I noticed was that the restaurant was understaffed; no one was there to seat us, and when we walked in, we saw absolutely NO staff members: no bar tender, no waiters/waitresses, etc. After seating ourselves, a waitress introduced herself and was very helpful with the menu. But she also was the bartender, so the service was slow. I also received my tilapia WITH THE HEAD still on the fish. We were also over-charged on the drinks. I didn't end up using the living social deal (our waitress said it would be better to save that for a Friday or Saturday when there are no food specials), so I WILL be back to use the deal, but that's it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had a LivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/13/2013My husband and I had a Living Social voucher to use, hence trying The Parva. The meal was one of the best we've had in a long time. The service was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive. We will definitely return (even without the voucher!!). I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly staff.LindsayDined on 12/6/2013Great food, friendly staff. Right in downtown Bethesda. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS FOOD!Be156Dined on 11/23/2013My boyfriend and I finally Parva out the other night and our meals were DELICIOUS! I had a quinoa mushroom risotto and I can honestly say that it was one of the best dishes I've ever had. Seriously I have not stopped thinking about it. I immediately came home and got more coupons and am already plotting my next visit. As if the meals weren't good enough, the service was outstanding. Maria was our server and she was so sweet and checked in at all the right times without being intrusive. The busser was also super friendly and on top of things the entire meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colombia in BethesdaneighborVIPDined on 11/22/2013Very nice to find a Latino restaurant outside of Adams Morgan. The food was very good and the staff all seemed to really appreciate that we liked it. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- TVs all over the place. ItEatoutalotVIPDined on 11/17/2013TVs all over the place. It actually is laid out more like a bar than a restaurant. Despite the unappealing surroundings, the food was very good.