The Parson's Table
4305 McCorsely Avenue
Little River, SC 29566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Parson's Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parsonstable.com/
- Phone: (843) 249-3702
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Edward R. Murray, Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Rooms available for 12, 32 or 54 Guests. Banquet menu available for Private Parties.
- Private Party Contact: Edward R. Murray, Jr. 8432493702
A word from The Parson's Table
Not only can you get a juicy roast prime rib at The Parson"s Table, but you can eat it inside a church, too. The location remains very much the same structure that it was in 1885, when Little River Methodist Church was built. The cherished establishment first opened its church doors as a restaurant in the late 1970's and has been serving exquisite American steakhouse fare ever since. The restaurant's decor is positively Southern-charm antique, complete with dark wooden walls, stained glass windows and an original Tiffany glass lamp in the main dining room. An award winning wine list graces The Parson's Table as well as an outstanding fresh seafood selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Parson's Table - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
The Parson's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)romantic (132)fit for foodies (99)notable wine list (99)neighborhood gem (95)good for groups (54)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Absolutely my favorite restaurant in this aera..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014Food is always consistent and service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carolona GemCarolina46Dined on 11/21/2014Favorite place to eat! Food excellent, wait staff informative & professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrRickyDined on 11/19/2014The food and server were excellent. The entrée seemed to take a long time to arrive, even though we had an appetizer. The place wasn't crowded that night either. Other than this the Parson's Table was a GREAT place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Myrtle Beach!LillieDined on 11/17/2014This is one of the best restaurants in MB. We had the Prime Rib, Broiled Seafood platter, oysters, crab soup, creme brulee and brownie and all were outstanding. Service and food are excellent. You won't be disappointed. Even though it's located just outside MB in Little River we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Gem we stumble across!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Definitely will be back! Wonderful food, great ambiance and attentive wait staff. What a pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHRIMPY SHRIMP APP !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I chose PT as the place to dine to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We secured on line reservations on the PT website and filled in the box for special comments requesting suggestions for something romantic. When we arrived we were seated in a general dining area right next to a doorway where the wait staff travel back and forth from the kitchen. Not exactly a romantic spot to be seated. We ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp for our app which were delicious. However, at $12 we received only ( 3 ) shrimp. Not only does that come out to $4 per shrimp we had one each and had to split the third one. If the number of shrimp had been stated on the menu we would have passed,not a good value. The rest of our meal was indeed very good and were treated to a complimentary dessert. Most likely will return however, more questions will be asked before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceBeachloverDined on 11/13/2014This was our first visit after hearing about the restaurant from several friends. We were very pleased and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parsons table dinnercolonelkabobDined on 11/12/2014Excellent setting, quiet and very comfortable. Food very good and the house salad one of the best ever. Great desserts too. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingemm430Dined on 11/8/2014The online reviews were not wrong! When my girlfriend (a famously picky eater) says "that might be the best all around meal I've ever had" after eating at the Parson's Table, I knew I had picked a winner. Cheese and crackers to start the meal, salad and bread that comes with an entree, a fantastic bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer, and two fantastic entrees made this an all around perfect meal. The filet was cooked perfectly as were the short ribs. The great prices on the wine list didn't hurt either. We just got a new condo in Little River and The Parson's Table will be a go-to stop each and every time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Reliably greatFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014We dine at The Parson's Table each time we visit the Myrtle Beach area and have done so for many years. The restaurant is one of our very favorite restaurants anywhere. The food and service are always excellent. On this night I had the she-crab bisque and mahi mahi. The bisque was delicious and the mahi mahi the best I have ever tasted. Often mahi mahi is overcooked and dry but The Parson's Table got it perfectly. My wife had salmon which was also delicious. It seems that each time we dine at the restaurant it is more crowded than the last time. This night was no exception. Kudo's to the restaurant for seating us within several minutes of our scheduled reservation. They don't take reservations just to get the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlotte27Dined on 11/7/2014Had reservations and was seated at the best table in the restaurant. The wine, appetizers, and filet mignon were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in SCvolfanDined on 11/6/2014Great food and service. Unique setting in a former church with stain class windows. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripRanger6Dined on 11/5/2014Superb food. Pleasant, very attentive service. Great value all around. We get into this area at least once a year and always make it a point to dine at the Parsons Table. The wiener schnitzel was delicious, the sirloin tips perfectly prepared and the rib eye, sumptuous. We have recommended Parsons Table to our friends and they, too have found it to be a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- EnchantingHappy2dineDined on 11/4/2014Enchanting says it all. The menu had so many choices it was difficult to choose. The server was very pleasant and well versed on the menu items. We will visit again when we return to Myrtle Beach in April. It was fine dining at an affordable price. The cocktail special of the day was really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QUAINT RESTAURANTfoodiesDined on 11/4/2014The Parson's Table was a great find in North Myrtle Beach. Highly recommended by friends, it didn't disappoint--a very quaint 1800's church building with very good food and service--not one of the usual "beach" type restaurants. A nice touch also was the chef who came out and made the round of tables at the end of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be returning!MikellyDined on 11/3/2014The food was excellent. I never miss a chance to dine here when I'm down on Vacation. Romantic, and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Continued fine diningmiloDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have been here several times, occasionally bringing friends. Without exception we have been more than pleased. Food, ambiance, service, all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 11/1/2014The service was impeccable, we ordered Filet Mignon and Prime Rib, fork tender and delicious served with salad ,garlic mashed potatoe and tender baby green beans . Absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCarolina46Dined on 11/1/2014The Parsons Table is fabulous. This is one of my favorite places to eat. The food and atmosphere is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an Outstanding ExperienceSteveDined on 10/29/2014There is a benefit to dining during the week and that is the undivided attention of the chef and wait staff. My wife and I each had wine by the glass that was good, fairly priced and an honest pour. We shared a wild mushroom appetizer that was amazing and enough for 4 people to share. The salad was served family style, and we added blue cheese dressing. My wife chose the petite portion of sea scallops that she loved, and I had a ribeye steak cooked to perfection, and a legitimate 16 oz.s. Everything was excellent, the waiter very attentive and the total cost very reasonable considering our choices, the appetizer and wine. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a special meal, in a pleasant surrounding. Lovely setting.Special Features:
- JoelDined on 10/28/2014Our server - Rich - was a delight. Quite knowledgable and attentive. Mushroom appetizer was excellent. Dinner was spotty. Members of our group all loved the shrimp and scallop in different dishes. Unfortunately, 2 of us had flounder -it seemed overcooked and was rather tastless, both straight up and pecan coated. But overall it was a nice dining experience and I would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayandCarolfromNYDined on 10/27/2014One of the best dining in the Myrtle Beach area. We were a party of five and we all raved food and the service was superior. We come to Myrtle Beach annually and this is on our must visit list. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in the arearestaurant4meDined on 10/25/2014Stumbled upon this restaurant in 2012. Had dinner there three times during my month's stay. Ate there four times last year during my October vacation. Tonight will be my fourth time this year. The food is excellent, and the service is good! If, by chance, they are serving the mushroom soup, don't pass up the opportunity to order. It is divine!! Unfortunately, they don't serve it often enough for me. The Parson's Table is definitely my restaurant of choice when in the area!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parson's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had last eaten at the Parson's Table in 1988. It is still a great dining experience and will return soon since we are now living in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we had in Myrtle BeachahasselVIPDined on 10/24/2014our friends took us here because it's one of their favorites. Our first trip to NMB. We had an outstanding meal. Excellent service (Mark), great food, nice wine list, and we really felt we got loads for the price. We will definitely return next trip.
- Swordfish and blue cheese...BoulengerinaDined on 10/23/2014Had a great experience with the evening's special. Outstanding service, great value, and someone knows what they are doing back in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRomanticDined on 10/22/2014My husband's salmon was delicious but I was disappointed with my filet. It was tough and didn't have much flavor. Great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverrateddansmomDined on 10/22/2014We were disappointed. Three of us ordered the prime rib. The entire meal arrived cold. The men sent theirs back to be warmed. I ate mine cold, as I know reheating prime rib does not improve it. My sister had the rack of lamb, and said is was good. The portions were generous enough. The she crab soup was exceptional. I found the dessert menu lacking, so I opted for ice cream. My husband and I are locals. I suggested we give the place another try sometime. He nixed that idea, as there are so many other restaurants to try.Special Features:
- Great place!cowdyDined on 10/21/2014Excellent food and service. We were celebrating our anniversary and the setting was perfect. One of our favorite places to eat!Special Features:
- Excellent!BlutoDined on 10/20/2014One of our best finds around the Myrtle Beach area. Worth the drive - excellent food, wine list & service. The building is unique and added to the ambiance.Special Features:
- DivineCeriDined on 10/20/2014Every part of our experience was grand and the food was superb and the waitress was great as well as a joy to have with us.Special Features:
- Always Great!foodconnoisseursVIPDined on 10/15/2014A regular to Parson's Table and always a pleasure to come here and bring friends that have never been. They always leave so impressed by the food, the service and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restoration, good foodsarafaekVIPDined on 10/15/2014A must try wehn in the North Mrytle area. Enlighten your eyes with the beautiful stained glass windows from original chuch while enjoying large portions complete with cheese spread, corn bread and salad! Entrees were all very tasty, especially enjoyed shrimp/scallop mushroom dish. Keep up the grea work...neat place!Special Features:
- great placeluftkamptDined on 10/13/2014We ALWAYS go to the Parson's Table when in the area. The food is consistently great and the service attentive but not intrusive. One member of our party was disappointed with the limited selection (almost none) of salad dressings but the house dressing was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findTishmDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful food,great menu Beautiful old stained glass windowsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDWONDERFULTIMESDined on 10/11/2014We have dined at Parson's many time since moving into the area. We have never had a bad meal, service has been great and whenever friends or family come to visit that is one of the first places we recommend for dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in Myrtle Beach Area!SWVAFoodieDined on 10/10/2014You can't go wrong with dining at Parson's Table! Their wine list is extensive (they do a wine special on Fridays and bottles are half price). All of their food is carefully prepared with a combination of ingredients that are so flavorful I cannot put it into words. Don't miss out on Parson's Table...I promise you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food ane experiencetrubludocDined on 10/9/2014It is one of those places you could easily miss with its unimposing exterior, but once you are inside everything changes! The building's core is from a church built in the 1800's (thus the name Parson's Table), and each of the dining rooms has stained glass windows, chandeliers and other lovely antiques from old churches around the area. This creates an almost reverent atmosphere. Our server was very cordial but not imposing. The menu is extensive including fish, fowl and beef. It is an inclusive menu with salad, starch, vegetable and homemade bread and cheese spread included with all entrees. The food is excellent: of New York or Chicago quality without the high prices! We will definitely go back anytime we are in the area.Special Features:
- GrandmaPDDined on 10/9/2014Once again, a very pleasant evening at The Parson's Table. We make it an annual visit when ever we are in Myrtle Beach. The service was extraordinary, the food excellent and the atmosphere pleasant. Recommend for a quiet, delicious meal.Special Features:
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014My husband and I came to early bird special with two other couples. We have never been there and were on vacation. We all the restaurant and will tell our friends and family about going there. Our waitress, I'm sorry I forgot her name, was very friendly. She was from Fairview, Oh like were are. We will be back!!Special Features: