The Parson's Table
4305 McCorsely Avenue
Little River, SC 29566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Parson's Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parsonstable.com/
- Phone: 8432493702
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Edward R. Murray, Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Rooms available for 12, 32 or 54 Guests. Banquet menu available for Private Parties.
- Private Party Contact: Edward R. Murray, Jr. 8432493702
A word from The Parson's Table
Not only can you get a juicy roast prime rib at The Parson"s Table, but you can eat it inside a church, too. The location remains very much the same structure that it was in 1885, when Little River Methodist Church was built. The cherished establishment first opened its church doors as a restaurant in the late 1970's and has been serving exquisite American steakhouse fare ever since. The restaurant's decor is positively Southern-charm antique, complete with dark wooden walls, stained glass windows and an original Tiffany glass lamp in the main dining room. An award winning wine list graces The Parson's Table as well as an outstanding fresh seafood selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Parson's Table - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
The Parson's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (193)romantic (161)fit for foodies (120)neighborhood gem (117)notable wine list (111)good for groups (75)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always Great!foodconnoisseursVIPDined on 10/15/2014A regular to Parson's Table and always a pleasure to come here and bring friends that have never been. They always leave so impressed by the food, the service and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restoration, good foodsarafaekVIPDined on 10/15/2014A must try wehn in the North Mrytle area. Enlighten your eyes with the beautiful stained glass windows from original chuch while enjoying large portions complete with cheese spread, corn bread and salad! Entrees were all very tasty, especially enjoyed shrimp/scallop mushroom dish. Keep up the grea work...neat place!Special Features:
- great placeluftkamptDined on 10/13/2014We ALWAYS go to the Parson's Table when in the area. The food is consistently great and the service attentive but not intrusive. One member of our party was disappointed with the limited selection (almost none) of salad dressings but the house dressing was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findTishmDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful food,great menu Beautiful old stained glass windowsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDWONDERFULTIMESDined on 10/11/2014We have dined at Parson's many time since moving into the area. We have never had a bad meal, service has been great and whenever friends or family come to visit that is one of the first places we recommend for dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in Myrtle Beach Area!SWVAFoodieDined on 10/10/2014You can't go wrong with dining at Parson's Table! Their wine list is extensive (they do a wine special on Fridays and bottles are half price). All of their food is carefully prepared with a combination of ingredients that are so flavorful I cannot put it into words. Don't miss out on Parson's Table...I promise you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food ane experiencetrubludocDined on 10/9/2014It is one of those places you could easily miss with its unimposing exterior, but once you are inside everything changes! The building's core is from a church built in the 1800's (thus the name Parson's Table), and each of the dining rooms has stained glass windows, chandeliers and other lovely antiques from old churches around the area. This creates an almost reverent atmosphere. Our server was very cordial but not imposing. The menu is extensive including fish, fowl and beef. It is an inclusive menu with salad, starch, vegetable and homemade bread and cheese spread included with all entrees. The food is excellent: of New York or Chicago quality without the high prices! We will definitely go back anytime we are in the area.Special Features:
- GrandmaPDDined on 10/9/2014Once again, a very pleasant evening at The Parson's Table. We make it an annual visit when ever we are in Myrtle Beach. The service was extraordinary, the food excellent and the atmosphere pleasant. Recommend for a quiet, delicious meal.Special Features:
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014My husband and I came to early bird special with two other couples. We have never been there and were on vacation. We all the restaurant and will tell our friends and family about going there. Our waitress, I'm sorry I forgot her name, was very friendly. She was from Fairview, Oh like were are. We will be back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014This was our first time here and we found the food and atmosphere delightful. Can't wait to go back again and try something different on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as I rememberedfoodcrazyDined on 10/7/2014We found this place accidentally 22 years ago, and it has remained a favorite in my mind. I have sent many people there over the years, but never had the opportunity to be in the area again until this week. I was afraid I would be disappointed, since memories have a way of growing in importance. However, I was delighted to find it was as excellent as I remembered. The she crab soup is the best I've ever had, as was the prime rib. The ambiance is amazing, being located in a 130 year old church, and the service was superb. We do not drink alcohol, but there seemed to be a good wine selection.Special Features:
- OutstandingeatingoutinsouthcarolinaDined on 10/6/2014Great service, excellent food, beautiful restaurant. This was my first time at Parson's Table but I plan on being a regular. I was unable to sample the wine list as I was the driver but I plan on going back with my husband so I can try one of the wines on their extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Super experience.Friendof2andwifeDined on 10/4/2014We had an incredible meal Sarurday night at The Parson's Table. Love the ambiance...the stained glass windows are beautiful! But the food...oh, yum!!! Cindy was a great waitress. She waited on us this summer when we came to the beach. We were so happy to have her again. We just kept talking about what a nice evening it was. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereFunaftergolfDined on 10/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The food was excellent. Service was a little slow. It seemed as if our waitress had too many tables or else the kitchen had too many orders at one time. Our waitress was very good, she just seemed extremely busy.Special Features:
- Excellent AgainCarolina46Dined on 10/4/2014We had a wonderful waitress, the good was excellent. As always very accommodating !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining Experience, AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We needed an early dinner, so we took advantage of their Early Bird menu. Shawn took care of us, reciting the specials and interacting appropriately but not intrusively. The oysters on the half shell were very tasty, as well as the salad course. My meal was enhanced by a glass of riesling, while my wife had a rum punch cocktail - both of which were very good. I had the rib eye steak entrée with fingerling potatoes while my wife ordered the chicken marsala. We both enjoyed the meal completely. We have enjoyed eating at the Parson's Table before, and this meal was very enjoyable also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014Everything you would want in a great restaurant - great service , food and prices!!Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014just happened to be driving past and saw the "church-like" building. Looked it up on our phones, checked out the website, and decided to try it out for dinner. Once we got past the glitch of the hostess forgetting to sign us in when we arrived and sitting for 45 minutes before getting a table, the rest of the experience was great. Great service, great atmosphere, great food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- An area favoriteBrianMasiDined on 10/2/2014When we visit the area about once a year we never miss the Parson's Table. The food is excellent with creative and interesting specials. Well worth a visit. Already looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014This is the third time I have dined at this restaurant in the past year. I was visiting the Myrtle Beach area from California to play golf with a group of friends. This has become a "must go" place every time we visit. Excellent menu choices, phenomenal food, and attentive service.Special Features:
- My favorite place to dine.Carolina46Dined on 9/27/2014Everytime we go here the service is impeccable , the food is delicious . One of my favorite places & we bring all family & friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014New to the area-and on a person's recommendation we made a reservation and so glad for the expereince! Great night and good food-we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!emmyDined on 9/26/2014Very much enjoyed our dinner at the Parson's Table. Service was attentive and the food was very good. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of our TripRavensManiacDined on 9/25/2014We learned of this from a fellow golfer last year but didn't have time to visit. This year, we remembered to give it a try. We liked the bar as you enter so you can have a drink while you peruse the menu. Nice seating area and love that they accept reservations. This meal was exceptional. Our group didn't want to leave! It was unbelievable and quite a surprise as it seems to be advertised only by word of mouth. Everyone had something different and there were no complaints. I had one of the chicken specials with shrimp. The taste was outstanding and two culinary sorts at our table were equally impressed. We will be sure to share the news and visit next year. Also, Patty was our server and she was very efficient.Special Features:
- great place to eatptgolferVIPDined on 9/24/2014we travel from ct to myrtle beach every year for the past 20 years and always make The Parson's Table one of our stops. The food is great and the service is excellent. We have never been disappointed with our meals.Special Features:
- Treat yourself to a special night!ZzblissDined on 9/23/2014From start to finish this is one of the finest restaurants! The ambiance, food, service all are top notch. The building and decor are so unique with the stained glass windows. Treat yourself to a special evening of fine dining with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yearly Must Eat ChoiceslkinzDined on 9/22/2014Our group of ladies come to Myrtle Beach yearly & The Parson's Table is a must visit for dinner! Fabulous food selections, always excellent service & a very asthetically pleasing dining area. For us it is a must visit recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSki5rDined on 9/22/2014Birthday Dinner for my wife was absolutely great. My wife is GF and our server understood and made several trips to the kitchen to find out if certain menu items were available GF. Dinner was fabulous from the champagne to the dessert. The Parson's Table will be tops on my list for every trip to the area and we intend to return often. Thanks for a memorable evening and meal.Special Features:
- Our 24thLowrider67Dined on 9/22/2014We cannot say enough great things about Parsons. We'll definitely return for the outstanding food and service. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Great food and service contribute to a wonderful dining experience. Rack of lamb is outstanding as is the prime rib and filet. Reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- ExcellentgrjoDined on 9/20/2014This visit was our fourth to the Parson's Table. We have visited twice with groups of 8 and twice with my wife. Each time the food has been excellent, the service outstanding. We will make many more visits here in the future, and recommend it highly for a fun casual dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We went for a very special occasion , chose over a couple other venues and we were very happy with our choice . Fantastic food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ESLOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrating an anniversary. Food was wonderful, service was terrific. Very relaxing. Just 2 of us and spent 1-1/2 hours. No long waits for food. Very relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 9/19/2014As always the food and service were outstanding. Took friends for from Maryland to dinner for their first trip and they loved the food and ambiance. They were really impressed. I sure on their next visit they will be heading to The Parsons Table. Thank once again for a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation TraditionGoodDined on 9/18/2014My family loves this place. Every visit we end up dinning at The Parson's Table. Alway great food and wine selection.Special Features:
- Yum!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The Parson's Table is amazing from the wood and stained glass to the knowledgeable staff to the amazing food. The best prime rib I have had in years. Everything we ate was perfection:)Special Features:
- A Must!SkipDined on 9/17/2014Every time we are in the area we are dining here. We vacation here from Massachusetts, and it's amazing how many people from our area know of your establishment. Excellent service, ambiance, and of course the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!YumYumDined on 9/16/2014I have eaten here a few times and it is always great food and drink. Probably the best filet I have ever had, didn't need a steak knife to cut, perfect!Special Features:
- Meeting friendsBeachfamilyDined on 9/15/2014This was our third time dining at the Parson's Table. We have yet to be disappointed. Food is always great and service outstanding. We like that it is unique and offers a good setting for visiting with friends and family. We always recommend this restaurant to those visiting Little River or surrounding areas of North Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBigKahunaDined on 9/13/2014We had The Parson's Table recommended to us by a friend. The reviews were very good. Very cool restaurant in an old church...atmosphere was great. Our waiter greeted us as soon as we were seated. He did a great job all evening. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there. It took us over an hour to be served our main course from the time we were seated. We were on vacation...no hurry...no problem. My wife ordered the swordfish and it was good. I ordered the broiled seafood platter and it wasn't very good. The crabcake was good. Everything else either didn't have much flavor or tasted like it wasn't fresh. I know The Parson's Table has a great reputation and we probably just caught them on a bad night, but we were disappointed.Special Features: