The Parson's Table
4305 McCorsely Avenue
Little River, SC 29566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Parson's Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parsonstable.com/
- Phone: 8432493702
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Edward R. Murray, Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Rooms available for 12, 32 or 54 Guests. Banquet menu available for Private Parties.
- Private Party Contact: Edward R. Murray, Jr. 8432493702
A word from The Parson's Table
Not only can you get a juicy roast prime rib at The Parson"s Table, but you can eat it inside a church, too. The location remains very much the same structure that it was in 1885, when Little River Methodist Church was built. The cherished establishment first opened its church doors as a restaurant in the late 1970's and has been serving exquisite American steakhouse fare ever since. The restaurant's decor is positively Southern-charm antique, complete with dark wooden walls, stained glass windows and an original Tiffany glass lamp in the main dining room. An award winning wine list graces The Parson's Table as well as an outstanding fresh seafood selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Parson's Table - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
The Parson's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)romantic (145)notable wine list (109)fit for foodies (99)neighborhood gem (99)good for groups (66)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ESLOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrating an anniversary. Food was wonderful, service was terrific. Very relaxing. Just 2 of us and spent 1-1/2 hours. No long waits for food. Very relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 9/19/2014As always the food and service were outstanding. Took friends for from Maryland to dinner for their first trip and they loved the food and ambiance. They were really impressed. I sure on their next visit they will be heading to The Parsons Table. Thank once again for a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation TraditionGoodDined on 9/18/2014My family loves this place. Every visit we end up dinning at The Parson's Table. Alway great food and wine selection.Special Features:
- Yum!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The Parson's Table is amazing from the wood and stained glass to the knowledgeable staff to the amazing food. The best prime rib I have had in years. Everything we ate was perfection:)Special Features:
- A Must!SkipDined on 9/17/2014Every time we are in the area we are dining here. We vacation here from Massachusetts, and it's amazing how many people from our area know of your establishment. Excellent service, ambiance, and of course the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!YumYumDined on 9/16/2014I have eaten here a few times and it is always great food and drink. Probably the best filet I have ever had, didn't need a steak knife to cut, perfect!Special Features:
- Meeting friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014This was our third time dining at the Parson's Table. We have yet to be disappointed. Food is always great and service outstanding. We like that it is unique and offers a good setting for visiting with friends and family. We always recommend this restaurant to those visiting Little River or surrounding areas of North Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBigKahunaDined on 9/13/2014We had The Parson's Table recommended to us by a friend. The reviews were very good. Very cool restaurant in an old church...atmosphere was great. Our waiter greeted us as soon as we were seated. He did a great job all evening. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there. It took us over an hour to be served our main course from the time we were seated. We were on vacation...no hurry...no problem. My wife ordered the swordfish and it was good. I ordered the broiled seafood platter and it wasn't very good. The crabcake was good. Everything else either didn't have much flavor or tasted like it wasn't fresh. I know The Parson's Table has a great reputation and we probably just caught them on a bad night, but we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Best of the BestlocalshideawayDined on 9/13/2014As a Local in Myrtle Beach it's hard to find a place to leave the tourists behind but this is it. Wonderful menu reasonably priced. Excellent service from Mark. We have had him as our server twice and plan to request him each and every time from now on. His recommendations were spot on. Also it was my husband's birthday and he assisted me in making it special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RatingBeachviewDined on 9/12/2014Excellent restaurant with great service and wonderful food. Dessert was out of this world (brownie pie).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation FindNonaDined on 9/10/2014Want one place for a special dinner? This is the place to go. The chef is very creative and the food superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLove2eatDined on 9/8/2014Was recommended by a local bartender. It was the best meal. Filet mignon was soooo tender and the seared tuna was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TLBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Great food and service. Waiter was attentive and provided the appropriate level of service. Food was presented in a fantastic fashion and tasted even better. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great until the food arrivedBrianWDined on 9/6/2014The Parson's Table offers a unique setting with a quality wine list. Everything was great until the food arrived. The lamb chops were thin, oddly seasoned, and covered with a brown sauce that tasted like a mixture of coffee and Worcestershire sauce. Two other members of our party ordered the "fresh" local flounder topped with lump crab. They flounder was watery (as if it had been frozen) and the crab tasteless (as if it were pasteurized). All of the food was overly salted and highly seasoned. The table service was polite and efficient. However, the kitchen service is obviously in need of help! This was our second and last visit at the Parson's Table.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentBimmerdriverDined on 9/6/2014Been coming here for over 20 years when we vacation at the beach. The food quality and preparation is excellent and the service matches. Great ambiance...love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014As always the food was excellent. Parson's Table has a great menu, great service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLocalfoodieDined on 9/5/2014The service was amazing. We were very satisfied with the wait time and courteous staff members. It was very loud however due to the people sitting around us. If it was a different crowd the atmosphere would have been more pleasant. I ordered the beef ribs and there was hardly any meat and 90% fat. I was disappointed with it but, I would like to go back and try other dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mikeocco111Dined on 9/5/2014Environment was great and memorable. Service was very good. Food was very good, but not great. Quality place to go in total. Prices are rational for the experience.Special Features:
- GreatAbsoluteDined on 9/4/2014Just a absolute great place to dine from entering the front door to exiting.Special Features:
- ExcellentJandJDined on 9/3/2014We took friends from out of town for a special dinner. They loved everything about it. The food was excellent the wait staff was very good the atmosphere is really lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LvtoeatoutDined on 9/2/2014I ordered crab cakes, not what I expected thought they would be made with jumbo lump crab meat. It was more like minced crab meat and a little to much filler for my taste. The fingerling potatoes were to salty. We also had fried green tomatoes for an app and they were very good a couple more on the plate would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Great martini before dinner and the food is more than fantastic. So nice to go to a restaurant that you can talk and hear what the person across the table is saying. Add to that a staff that is friendly and knows how to serve a table properly. This was our second trip to the restaurant but will not be our last. Thank you for a fantastic evening to all at the restaurant from the chief to the rest of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingdeb19VIPDined on 9/1/2014I read many positive reviews before recommending this place to my spouse on our vacation in Myrtle Beach. But, as he commented afterwards, "what did from people vacationing at the beach?" Our food was drowned in classically heavy, creamy French sauces. Waiter was superficially friendly but not attentive. Decor was gimmicky. Ambience was the most attractive element of our dining experience. Good wine list.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014Very enjoyable evening. Our server was fantastic, very attentive! The food was delicious and plentiful.Special Features:
- Tutu06Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service each time we go. Like the Early Bird choices. The wait staff is attentive yet does not hover around the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThammerDined on 8/29/2014Everything was above average, 3rd time there. Will go againSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/29/2014First time visitors who have dined all over the world. PT is up with the best...outstanding decor ...terrific food... excellent wine list and outstanding service. Don't miss it if your in MBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- petermcmDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I are visiting Myrtle Beach from Ottawa, Canada. We both found the food, service and general ambiance of the Parson's Table top notch in every respect. In fact it was one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at anywhere. Secondly the prices were very reasonable taking into consideration the quality of the restaurant. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to have a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for FourCoachDelDined on 8/28/2014Service was so-so. Prices and selection were good. We ordered Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer and they were burnt, cold and lacked taste. The salad was OUTSTANDING. Entries were good. Deserts were OUTSTANDING. Overall, the place is very noisy and the food is just OK. Maybe we just hit it on a bad day... Who knows....
- special celebration5startravelerDined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit to this very unique spot and we had high hopes for our special occasion. Unfortunately the restaurant was packed with very large parties and it was noisy and somewhat chaotic. We thought they needed additional servers to handle the crowd. While our waitress was very nice, it was very obvious that she was extremely stretched. We were pleased with our meals, but I was terribly disappointed with my dessert, peach crème brulee. We will definitely visit again, hopefully next time on a slow evening, if there is such a night for this charming spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!VWDUKEDined on 8/25/2014Apps are incredible! Soups are creative and delicious.... Take the risk and try them. Swordfish is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant but slightly overratedEarnestEaterDined on 8/25/2014This was a restaurant recommended to us by a relative and the reviews online looked promising. The ambiance was above average and the service was excellent. We were warmly greeted and our reservation was timely met. The food was just nothing special. We chose completely separate items but shared a taste of everything. The soup servings were very generous but bland, lots of thickener. The entrees again were generous but blah. Certainly not what we expected given the menu prices. The wine menu was extensive and competitively priced. So, I guess if this was your focus, the flavor of the food would not be as important. It was a passable meal but I would not visit again.Special Features:
- AbcmermaidDined on 8/23/2014We have repeatedly taken friends to The Parson's Table, since we live in the area. The wait staff is very professional. The food is usually excellent. Thank goodness our guests this evening said their meals were very good. Unfortunately my husband and I both ordered the prime rib. It was terrible. My husband went as far to say it was the worst he had ever had. It was full of gristle and tough. Neither of us could cut our meat with the sharp knives they provided. We did not complain to each other or our server until after our bill was paid. Of course the server was disappointed that we had not brought this to his attention. We didn't want to make a big deal, but we won't be back for a long long time.Special Features:
- a wonderful rediscoveryBbbbDined on 8/22/2014It is rare to find a restaurant with this unique character serving terrific food, exhibiting a fine well chosen wine list at prices that are beyond fair. The stained glass windows help create a special ambiance . Romantic? Absolutely. The fine assortment of breads after finding crackers and a special dip very nice. The mixed salad with a terrific house dressing is exceptional. They, also leave an extra amount in a bowl on your table, should you want more; and we all did! We have tried the recommended fish entrée as well as the short ribs and the prime rib. Our guest ordered the pork chop and was extremely pleased only sorry she could not find this quality back home. The Prime Rib was the quality usually reserved for the best beef houses.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good FriendsjimsputaDined on 8/21/2014A great place to take friends or family to a place that has a piece of Southern history and charm. Food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Great food! Service was very good but the kitchen's timing was off. I'm sure this was a freak thing not the normSpecial Features:
- very nice eveningKarlaDined on 8/20/2014Food was great, a bit rich. Entree prices were very reasonable. I will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low barInezDined on 8/18/2014Great little restaurant the bar/bartender was a little lacking. Stick to the wine and beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living on an old reputationSmilnerDined on 8/15/2014Years ago, The Parson's Table was a high spot of nicer dining in the area around Sunset Beach, NC. Calabash restaurants tend to the "fried and true", and PT has had little competition. It shows. The cooking and presentation were lazy. The meal began with store-bought crackers (!) and dip. The rolls were not house-made. The salad was passable. The lobster tail was overdone, the fish special was heavily sauced and too salty. The green beans were undistinguished. The bill for three with one bottle of mid-priced wine and one dessert was $125. Not worth it by a long way.
- Quite a surprisedwillDined on 8/15/2014There a ton of restaurants on the Grand Strand but this is not one of the chain, fast food, cookie cutter places. It is a first class fine dining restaurant with a local and very casual vibe in a beautiful old building. Don't come here if you're in a hurry. You'll want to savor the experience. And, it's not very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.