The Parson's Table
4305 McCorsely Avenue
Little River, SC 29566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Parson's Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parsonstable.com/
- Phone: 8432493702
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Edward R. Murray, Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Rooms available for 12, 32 or 54 Guests. Banquet menu available for Private Parties.
- Private Party Contact: Edward R. Murray, Jr. 8432493702
A word from The Parson's Table
Not only can you get a juicy roast prime rib at The Parson"s Table, but you can eat it inside a church, too. The location remains very much the same structure that it was in 1885, when Little River Methodist Church was built. The cherished establishment first opened its church doors as a restaurant in the late 1970's and has been serving exquisite American steakhouse fare ever since. The restaurant's decor is positively Southern-charm antique, complete with dark wooden walls, stained glass windows and an original Tiffany glass lamp in the main dining room. An award winning wine list graces The Parson's Table as well as an outstanding fresh seafood selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Parson's Table - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
The Parson's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)romantic (153)notable wine list (114)neighborhood gem (109)fit for foodies (108)good for groups (70)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My favorite place to dine.Carolina46Dined on 9/27/2014Everytime we go here the service is impeccable , the food is delicious . One of my favorite places & we bring all family & friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!emmyDined on 9/26/2014Very much enjoyed our dinner at the Parson's Table. Service was attentive and the food was very good. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of our TripRavensManiacDined on 9/25/2014We learned of this from a fellow golfer last year but didn't have time to visit. This year, we remembered to give it a try. We liked the bar as you enter so you can have a drink while you peruse the menu. Nice seating area and love that they accept reservations. This meal was exceptional. Our group didn't want to leave! It was unbelievable and quite a surprise as it seems to be advertised only by word of mouth. Everyone had something different and there were no complaints. I had one of the chicken specials with shrimp. The taste was outstanding and two culinary sorts at our table were equally impressed. We will be sure to share the news and visit next year. Also, Patty was our server and she was very efficient.Special Features:
- Treat yourself to a special night!ZzblissDined on 9/23/2014From start to finish this is one of the finest restaurants! The ambiance, food, service all are top notch. The building and decor are so unique with the stained glass windows. Treat yourself to a special evening of fine dining with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yearly Must Eat ChoiceslkinzDined on 9/22/2014Our group of ladies come to Myrtle Beach yearly & The Parson's Table is a must visit for dinner! Fabulous food selections, always excellent service & a very asthetically pleasing dining area. For us it is a must visit recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSki5rDined on 9/22/2014Birthday Dinner for my wife was absolutely great. My wife is GF and our server understood and made several trips to the kitchen to find out if certain menu items were available GF. Dinner was fabulous from the champagne to the dessert. The Parson's Table will be tops on my list for every trip to the area and we intend to return often. Thanks for a memorable evening and meal.Special Features:
- Our 24thLowrider67Dined on 9/22/2014We cannot say enough great things about Parsons. We'll definitely return for the outstanding food and service. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Great food and service contribute to a wonderful dining experience. Rack of lamb is outstanding as is the prime rib and filet. Reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- ExcellentgrjoDined on 9/20/2014This visit was our fourth to the Parson's Table. We have visited twice with groups of 8 and twice with my wife. Each time the food has been excellent, the service outstanding. We will make many more visits here in the future, and recommend it highly for a fun casual dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We went for a very special occasion , chose over a couple other venues and we were very happy with our choice . Fantastic food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ESLOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrating an anniversary. Food was wonderful, service was terrific. Very relaxing. Just 2 of us and spent 1-1/2 hours. No long waits for food. Very relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 9/19/2014As always the food and service were outstanding. Took friends for from Maryland to dinner for their first trip and they loved the food and ambiance. They were really impressed. I sure on their next visit they will be heading to The Parsons Table. Thank once again for a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation TraditionGoodDined on 9/18/2014My family loves this place. Every visit we end up dinning at The Parson's Table. Alway great food and wine selection.Special Features:
- Yum!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The Parson's Table is amazing from the wood and stained glass to the knowledgeable staff to the amazing food. The best prime rib I have had in years. Everything we ate was perfection:)Special Features:
- A Must!SkipDined on 9/17/2014Every time we are in the area we are dining here. We vacation here from Massachusetts, and it's amazing how many people from our area know of your establishment. Excellent service, ambiance, and of course the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!YumYumDined on 9/16/2014I have eaten here a few times and it is always great food and drink. Probably the best filet I have ever had, didn't need a steak knife to cut, perfect!Special Features:
- Meeting friendsBeachfamilyDined on 9/15/2014This was our third time dining at the Parson's Table. We have yet to be disappointed. Food is always great and service outstanding. We like that it is unique and offers a good setting for visiting with friends and family. We always recommend this restaurant to those visiting Little River or surrounding areas of North Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBigKahunaDined on 9/13/2014We had The Parson's Table recommended to us by a friend. The reviews were very good. Very cool restaurant in an old church...atmosphere was great. Our waiter greeted us as soon as we were seated. He did a great job all evening. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there. It took us over an hour to be served our main course from the time we were seated. We were on vacation...no hurry...no problem. My wife ordered the swordfish and it was good. I ordered the broiled seafood platter and it wasn't very good. The crabcake was good. Everything else either didn't have much flavor or tasted like it wasn't fresh. I know The Parson's Table has a great reputation and we probably just caught them on a bad night, but we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Best of the BestlocalshideawayDined on 9/13/2014As a Local in Myrtle Beach it's hard to find a place to leave the tourists behind but this is it. Wonderful menu reasonably priced. Excellent service from Mark. We have had him as our server twice and plan to request him each and every time from now on. His recommendations were spot on. Also it was my husband's birthday and he assisted me in making it special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RatingBeachviewDined on 9/12/2014Excellent restaurant with great service and wonderful food. Dessert was out of this world (brownie pie).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation FindNonaDined on 9/10/2014Want one place for a special dinner? This is the place to go. The chef is very creative and the food superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLove2eatDined on 9/8/2014Was recommended by a local bartender. It was the best meal. Filet mignon was soooo tender and the seared tuna was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TLBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Great food and service. Waiter was attentive and provided the appropriate level of service. Food was presented in a fantastic fashion and tasted even better. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great until the food arrivedBrianWDined on 9/6/2014The Parson's Table offers a unique setting with a quality wine list. Everything was great until the food arrived. The lamb chops were thin, oddly seasoned, and covered with a brown sauce that tasted like a mixture of coffee and Worcestershire sauce. Two other members of our party ordered the "fresh" local flounder topped with lump crab. They flounder was watery (as if it had been frozen) and the crab tasteless (as if it were pasteurized). All of the food was overly salted and highly seasoned. The table service was polite and efficient. However, the kitchen service is obviously in need of help! This was our second and last visit at the Parson's Table.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentBimmerdriverDined on 9/6/2014Been coming here for over 20 years when we vacation at the beach. The food quality and preparation is excellent and the service matches. Great ambiance...love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014As always the food was excellent. Parson's Table has a great menu, great service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLocalfoodieDined on 9/5/2014The service was amazing. We were very satisfied with the wait time and courteous staff members. It was very loud however due to the people sitting around us. If it was a different crowd the atmosphere would have been more pleasant. I ordered the beef ribs and there was hardly any meat and 90% fat. I was disappointed with it but, I would like to go back and try other dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mikeocco111Dined on 9/5/2014Environment was great and memorable. Service was very good. Food was very good, but not great. Quality place to go in total. Prices are rational for the experience.Special Features:
- GreatAbsoluteDined on 9/4/2014Just a absolute great place to dine from entering the front door to exiting.Special Features:
- ExcellentJandJDined on 9/3/2014We took friends from out of town for a special dinner. They loved everything about it. The food was excellent the wait staff was very good the atmosphere is really lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LvtoeatoutDined on 9/2/2014I ordered crab cakes, not what I expected thought they would be made with jumbo lump crab meat. It was more like minced crab meat and a little to much filler for my taste. The fingerling potatoes were to salty. We also had fried green tomatoes for an app and they were very good a couple more on the plate would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Great martini before dinner and the food is more than fantastic. So nice to go to a restaurant that you can talk and hear what the person across the table is saying. Add to that a staff that is friendly and knows how to serve a table properly. This was our second trip to the restaurant but will not be our last. Thank you for a fantastic evening to all at the restaurant from the chief to the rest of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingdeb19VIPDined on 9/1/2014I read many positive reviews before recommending this place to my spouse on our vacation in Myrtle Beach. But, as he commented afterwards, "what did from people vacationing at the beach?" Our food was drowned in classically heavy, creamy French sauces. Waiter was superficially friendly but not attentive. Decor was gimmicky. Ambience was the most attractive element of our dining experience. Good wine list.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014Very enjoyable evening. Our server was fantastic, very attentive! The food was delicious and plentiful.Special Features:
- Tutu06Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service each time we go. Like the Early Bird choices. The wait staff is attentive yet does not hover around the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulKarmacDined on 8/29/2014We've been patrons of this restaurant for 30 years and always save it for our last dinner before returning home from vacation. The food is always delicious, appetizers through dessert, and prices are fair.Special Features:
- ThammerDined on 8/29/2014Everything was above average, 3rd time there. Will go againSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/29/2014First time visitors who have dined all over the world. PT is up with the best...outstanding decor ...terrific food... excellent wine list and outstanding service. Don't miss it if your in MBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- petermcmDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I are visiting Myrtle Beach from Ottawa, Canada. We both found the food, service and general ambiance of the Parson's Table top notch in every respect. In fact it was one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at anywhere. Secondly the prices were very reasonable taking into consideration the quality of the restaurant. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to have a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for FourCoachDelDined on 8/28/2014Service was so-so. Prices and selection were good. We ordered Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer and they were burnt, cold and lacked taste. The salad was OUTSTANDING. Entries were good. Deserts were OUTSTANDING. Overall, the place is very noisy and the food is just OK. Maybe we just hit it on a bad day... Who knows....