The Parlour Gastropub
101 Wellington Street
Stratford, ON N5A2L4Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Parlour Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theparlour.ca/
- Phone: 5192712772x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:30am - 10:30am
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, International
- Executive Chef: Max Holbrook
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: If you are not already familiar with us, we are a 240 seat, historic restaurant in downtown Stratford, 1 block from the Avon. We have lots of free, easily accessible parking. Our dining room consists of beautiful woodwork and stained glass, reminiscent of the 1800's when the building was originally built. We have a number of private dining rooms available for groups of 20 to 100 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available for groups of 2 to 100 people (rental charges may apply)
- Private Party Contact: Randy Simpson 5192712772x
A word from The Parlour Gastropub
For over 30 years the Parlour has been a dining favourite of visitors and residents alike. We offer an inviting atmosphere with innovative twists on classic fare that stress quality and freshness with every recipe and every ingredient. We also offer a relaxed lounge and patio to compliment your dining experience. Open 7 days a week year round.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Parlour Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Stratford ›
The Parlour Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (23)romantic (19)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- 42 Wedding Ann.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014I chose this place for a celebration, for my wife and I. We had an early supper before going to the 8 pm Stratford show, Crazy for You. We had no trouble parking and setting and food were just what we wanted. Best Ceasar Salad I have tasted in a long time . We hope to return on our next trip to Stratford, from Guelph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PavlovahappystomachDined on 8/30/2014Overall outstanding in every way from the simple burgers all the way up the food menu to the ambiance, and to the friendly and charming wait staff. If you are a frequent Stratford goer or going for the first time try the Parlour once and I'm certain it will become one of your must restaurants. A word of advice. It is absolutely essential that you leave room for the melt in your mouth Pavlova.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but needs more vegetarianFrenchieDined on 8/29/2014This was our first visit there, dining - as were many - prior to a show. The service was attentive and friendly, and the food - while not knock-your-socks-off great - was enjoyable. Our only complaint was the limited number of vegetarian options. There was one on the menu (a mushroom ravioli), and a vegetarian special that we had to ask about (note to restaurant: your servers should be instructed to disclose the vegetarian special while also presenting the regular specials, since even non-vegetarians might be interested in it). Otherwise a very pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlobetrotterDined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I chose the restaurant for dinner after a show. Although we arrived later than the time I'made the reservation, they kept our table and made us feel welcome. The service was slow but the food was excellent! A nice touch would be some soft music in the dining room.Special Features:
- Cozy. Very cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Good food and we experienced great service pre-theatre. However the density of seating means you can't have a private conversation here. There's some nice creativity in the food, though personally I think nouvelle is, well, passé. I had dessert because I was still hungry. I think you can be creative and still provide some value by nourishing diners before a 3-hour theatrical siege. The play was fantastic.Special Features:
- DisappointingSea111Dined on 8/17/2014The building has been nicely restored, and it's located in a central part of Stratford (close to shops and the Avon Theatre). Another bonus is free parking. The food/service, on the other hand, could have been better. To start, we ordered the soup of the day. Another type of soup was mistakenly delivered to the table, and then we were told that our soup was no longer available. We then ordered a chopped salad, which was poor quality (it seems that all processed meat and iceberg lettuce was served). The main course, prime rib, was served lukewarm with so-so mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Great food, terrific serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our pre-theatre dinner at this very nice restaurant. We ordered the daily special (prime rib) and it was served very quickly. Very tasty, presented nicely. We also very much enjoyed delectable desserts. Service was terrific - personable wait staff, appropriate attention. The restaurant was busy with the theatre crowd and they managed traffic and food serving very well.Special Features:
- Change is not always betterFoodloverDined on 8/10/2014Have always loved this restaurant and make a point to dine there when in Stratford. On our recent visit all three of us did not enjoy our meal. The menu had changed dropping old favourites like fish and chips. My companions ordered the lamb curry that came in an unseasoned tomato sauce and no curry. I ordered a pasta dish that was swimming in oil and filled with bits of eggs making it terribly unappetizing to look at as well as eat. Even the coffee was bitter. I liked our waitress but she was completely indifferent to our complaints about the food and the restaurant offered no response. It was so disappointing. Given my past good experience with this restaurant it is worth giving it a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First on my list next timeKm32Dined on 8/1/2014Next time I'm in town this will be my first choice. Food was good and creative (curried potatoes--yummy, and with a bit of a kick) with pork loin. We were there a bit early for diner, so it was quiet, but as it got more full it seemed to still be an environment where one can hear table conversation without straining. Location is convenient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not as good as it wasCleoVIPDined on 7/31/2014Usually have at least 1 meal here while staying at the hotel. This time we noticed a distinct drop in quality. Miss the Reuben which is off the menu so tried the spinach soup, which was nothing special and the frisee salad with roasted pears and blue cheese dressing. Had to request extra dressing as there was barely any on the salad. Husband ordered the Cuban sandwich, but it was bland. One morning he ordered yogurt and berries and was served a bowl with just one berry. After pointing out the menu says berries he was given granola and berries to go with the yogurt. A little heavier than he wanted, but didn't want to make a fuss. Vintages hotel chain has recently purchased the hotel, surprised that it wasn't as good as before.
- Before theatre dinnerDinerfromLondonDined on 7/29/2014We had a group of 8 for dinner here before attending a show. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. The menu had a good selection. The only drawback was the service. I think since we were a larger table our waitress was stuck with us, but did not appear to have any other tables in our area, so we went a long time between seeing her. I think it took her 15 minutes to bring a bottle of wine! I just think she was too busy, she tried very hard, but was very rushed.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerWeWouldGoBackDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I had hit the escape button for a couple of days. Our dinner at the Parlour was a very positive experience and met our hopes for the evening. I had the Prime Rib, my wife the Pork Loin. Both of us finished our plates. The kitchen kindly split the Caesar salad for us and provided two spoons for the Pavlova which disappeared much too quickly.Special Features:
- Great Place - one of the best.FreddyDined on 7/27/2014This is a great place to dine for any occasion. The food is top notch and the service and atmosphere is well above your family restaurant environment. We have eaten here several times for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and have never been disappointed. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. You will not go away hungry or disappointed in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Parlour GastopubWinnifriedDined on 7/27/2014My dinner had to be sent back (Bangers and Mash) as the Lamb sausage was burnt and the mashed potatoes tasted awful due to the huge dollop of flavoured mustard dumped on top. My replacement dish, the Mussels in Chipotle cream sauce was good. My daughter ordered the club sandwich, she could not eat the chicken (turkey?) breast in the sandwich as it was very dry. The dessert was good. (Pavlova)Special Features:
- Fabulous dessertpdb62Dined on 7/26/2014If you have a sweet tooth, the pavlova dessert is delicious -- light as air baked meringue, served with fresh whipped cream, almonds, and both a lemon and raspberry sauce. The main courses I've tried over the years (this is our 22nd year of attending the Stratford Festival) range from very good to ok. I like the maple glazed port loin. The fish part of "fish and chips" is good, but the fries always seem to be soggy. I've enjoyed the prime rib and Yorkshire pudding. To be honest though, the main reason why we dine here every year is for the Pavlova.Special Features:
- WonderfuljantarDined on 7/19/2014I absolutely love the Parlour. It was my boyfriends first time going and I had been ranting about this restaurant for a while. We had a lovely time and the food was exquiste. Our server Steve was phenomenal, personable and very polite when it came to us asking for certain things to be brought to the table. We will be recommending the Parlour to our friends and family. Thank you for a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!ComeintotheParlourDined on 7/17/2014Had dinner at the Parlour on Thursday July 17 before going off to the theatre. Our fish and chips were great, the batter was really crunchy. And then my friend and I splurged and shared the famous pavlova dessert. Out of this world! And then we had breakfast on Friday morning and were equally as happy with our meal. We will be back .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner between Theatre eventsBautzenerDined on 7/17/2014Each time we go to theatre in Stratford, we reserve at The Parlour Gastropub for dinner. We have never been disappointed in the food or the service. The selection is varied especially for the celiac among our group who needs gluten-free food. The wines and beers are wonderful. We also never miss out on the Pavlova dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray CandlerArcan99Dined on 7/16/2014Have been dining here since you opened in ?.. We lived in Stratford at the time, now in Brantford. We make yearly visits to the festival and ALWAYS make it to the Parlour at least once. Have introduce friends to the Pub and have never been disappointed with food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait was unacceptableTravel2by2Dined on 7/15/2014We arrived at 5:45 pm, one hour and 15 minutes after dinner service began. When I ordered the chicken special I was informed by our waitress that they were already sold out! How can they be out of a special 75 minutes after opening? I switched to a substitute chicken dinner and my wife ordered the pork tenderloin. It was now 6:00. We waited and waited and waited and......over an hour! Our waitress was no where in sight nor was the manager. Finally at 7:10 our meals arrived. No apology or comment at all about the long wait or lack of attention. When we asked about the wait, we were told it was just a little busy. The food was ok, but nothing special. The manager finally arrived and offered to comp us $20 which didn't make up for the wait.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014A most pleasant dining experience. The décor reminds one of your own 'parlour; so you do feel quite at home. Staff is friendly, efficient & helpful. Will look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnersdisturberDined on 7/15/2014We went to Dinner pre-theatre and the waiter asked if we were going to the show (so he could make sure we were out on time) Our service and the meals were excellent with the exception of one which did not come as requested. The server was very apologetic offered, a free dessert, then took gave a discount on my friends bill. I have one suggestion; if you plan on dining here save room for their signature Dessert "Pavlova". It alone is worth the drive to Stratford !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining in StratfordOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I selected 4 dining venues for a girl's day and evening performance in Stratford. This one was selected by the group. Excellent menu. Salads we chose were: One beet & arugula & goat cheese other one with greens & honey pears with blue cheese dressing (best dessert salad) . Entrees we chose were: Two mushroom raviolis, one salmon with basil fettuccine and one pork loin with asparagus and smashed potatoes. The wine was excellent, nice selection and quite reasonable. Excellent service as well.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the casual restaurantNUFANVIPDined on 7/13/2014We returned to The Parlour after having been away for awhile. We were happy with the menu selections for our casual dinner. Good beers and wine list. Service was excellent! Great location. We would return.
- Open post-theatre on SundaysprimaVIPDined on 7/13/2014The prime rib is offered most Sundays, and is a pretty good deal. I found the vegetarian pasta special a little too oily. I'll probably stick to pub standards or prime rib on my future visits.Special Features:
- Luxurious Dining ExperienceTheatreCricketDined on 7/13/2014The Parlour Gastropub provided me with a near idyllic visit on a Sunday afternoon. The decor is charmingly old fashioned but lovingly maintained with newer elements where it counts. Our half booth, half table was comfortable, spacious and yet provided enough separation from the rest of the restaurant to let conversation flow freely. We found our waiter to be attentive without being smothering and that all of the staff was most gracious in accommodating one of our guests who has several dietary restrictions. The end result was a top-notch quality meal in a relaxing atmosphere that made for a fantastic experience. Will definitely return and I encourage everyone else to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friends!LuvpavlovaDined on 7/10/2014Very enjoyable dinner out with friends! Atmosphere was good, Parlour Slushies were great & the Pavlova was delicious as usual! It was a great night out with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Service was friendly and efficient, food was local and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014My daughter and I enjoyed our dinner before attending King Lear at the Stratford Festival. The servers were friendly and helpful. There was a good selection of options on the menu at a variety of price points. We both enjoyed our food choices very much. I would definitely return to this restaurant on a future visit to Stratford.Special Features:
- petuniaDined on 7/3/2014Great food, at a reasonable price, in an elegant dining room. It has an upscale feel, but the owners haven't felt the need to dream up fancy names and jack up the prices to be impressive. They just impress with good food and service.Special Features:
- Terrible Service!!!DelishDined on 6/21/2014Food took an hour to arrive, although it was good when it did. Not suitable for pre-theatre dinning. Had 6 o'clock reservations, ran into the show at 7:57pm. Didn't have time for dessert. Appatizer arrived before my drink order. Than we were brought bread after our appetizer. Not Reccommended! We were not the only customers in our area that were unsatisified. Go to "The Church".Special Features:
- Friday lunchstc1966Dined on 6/20/2014Fish was excellent but the salad I ordered in place of french fries was miniscule and the lettuce was limp and looked sad and unappetizing when it arrived. It really wasn't a salad - just a pile of sad lettuce. My friends ordered soup which they said was delicious but the bowls were so shallow, that the amount of soup turned out to be very little - considerably less than a cup.Special Features:
- Very noisy -- not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2014Normally go to Prune or Rundles. Parlour was suggested but cannot compare with the other two.Special Features:
- Good dinner with friendsReviewwizardDined on 6/12/2014Loved the upbeat atmosphere, you did not have to worry about it being quiet. Told that Thursday is wing night. Very expressed with attentive service. The chicken supreme was very tasty and moist and the Caesar salad was one of the best I have had recently. Hubby had the flat iron steak special and very pleased. Friend enjoyed the mushroom ravioli and thought the lamb sausage was just okay. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Service was painfully slow. Food was good but over priced for what it was, not a big shock in Stratford though.
- Great PlaceRamekDined on 5/31/2014all of our food was amazing.Didn't know what to expect when we made reservation. One of my friends is thinking of bringing her mom there when she visit stratford later in the year. will most likely visit this restaurant again when i visit stratford.Special Features:
- Wonderful findbillfromguelphDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I visit Stratford regularly to attend Festival plays. We were too late to make a reservation at our first choice, so searched TA for an alternative. Well, we were well advised on this one. The Parlour has interested decor, tables suitably spaced, friendly and helpful service (server Steve did a great job), an excellent selection of wines and beers, and good menu choices. We had the short ribs special and it was first rate. Since TA reviews recommended the house special dessert - pavlova - we had to give a try. We shared, and good thing. it's huge and delicious - mostly air we were assured. We are meeting friends in Stratford for dinner soon and I know it will be at The Parlour.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre DelightRHtravellersDined on 5/29/2014We had dinner before going to the theatre on Thursday, recommended by our host at the Grandville Manor B&B... Our waitress was wonderful, helpful with both wine and meal selection. The meal was excellent, the dining room fabulous and while enjoying a leisurely meal, we still had more than enough time to walk to the theatre for the show. Definitely a place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much ImprovedSandiandArtDined on 5/29/2014Have dined here off and on for over 25 years. The last visit (over two years ago) was disappointing in the dishes presented. This visit my dish was prepared to a "T"! A flatiron steak with frites and a side salad - done to order and PERFECT! My husband ordered what he thought was a main dish, Crispy Chicken, that came as a salad (he has never eaten so much water cress in his life)! While plentiful, not quite what was expected. BUT -he also had VERY nice cheese cake dessert - he was most pleased with that!Special Features:
- worth a visitranchofanDined on 5/26/2014Our frites with aoeli dip was delicious and the slim fries were wonderful. The salad with house dressing was also excellent. Our service was first rate as well. This was paired with a flat iron steak and we all loved it. We were full and did not try any dessert. I would revisit this restaurant the next time I go to Stratford.Special Features: