237 Union Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 3A1Neighborhood:
VegetarianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theparkervancouver.com/
- Phone: 6047793804x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - Late
7 days a week beginning this March
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Global, International, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Curtis Luk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Parker
Elevated Vegetarian dining focusing on the best of our season and region. The Parker is a sexy and sustainable restaurant with a casual fine-dining feel. World class cocktails by Steve Da Cruz and a well thought out wine program featuring the best of BC and beyond pair perfectly with Top Chef Canada's Curtis Luk's playful and inventive cuisine. We look forward to hosting you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Parker reviews from OpenTable diners
- Small portions Big billVeggieFoodieDined on 5/6/2014The food was good but the portions were too small and over priced. The dishes had a creative presentation. I wouldn't go to the Parker again because the food is too expensive for what it is.
- My Favourite REstaurantkftempDined on 5/4/2014I just love bringing new people to The Parker. Without exception each new guest has been ecstatic about the amazing food at this dear little restaurant. It is a delight to the taste buds, and vision to the eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic veggie foodDuranDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I had a great date night here and we were pleasantly surprised at how delicious each plate was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegans shouldn't be pretentious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014Food was decent, overpriced but good. The servous was pretentious... Vegans have a bad enough rep we shouldn't be cold to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysSTH1Dined on 4/26/2014Our second visit to The Parker. We had the tasting menu. Everything was absolutely superb. It's great to support a business that puts their best foot forward all the time, and is really good to the environment to boot. Just last week they won the award for the greenest restaurant in the city.
- PerfectLukeDined on 4/25/2014My fiance and i are both vegetarian snd she is gluten free. I could not ask for a better place to take her for her birthday! We will absolutely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sold!dabombDined on 4/24/2014The Parker treated us exceptionally well! Dined with a friend and we enjoyed numerous unique cocktails as well as a couple glasses of very good wine (BC brut and muscadet), plus the degustation of 5 dishes, chef's choice. Wow. Just wow! The food was beautifully prepared, and tasty as all get out. Good for veggies and carnivores alike because it is just so impressive and flavourful. Thank you Curtis and your exceptional staff!Special Features:
- great fine dining for vegetariansevakDined on 4/23/2014We had chef's table. Everything was very tasty and beautifully presented. Even so individual dishes were small, we left vey full. This restaurant is very small, just 8 tables pretty close together so I would recommend getting a window table if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just delightfulkvfoodDined on 4/23/2014Love the Parker for the excellent food! Finding "gourmet" vegan and GF food can be a challenge but the Parker never fails. Service is super attentive and friendly too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner...EvolvedDined on 4/20/2014The Parker never fails to present the most amazing food and the fact that it is healthy, vegan and gluten free makes it even better. We have taken some diehard carnivores there and they too have been astounded at what comes from the plant world. Each dish looks like a piece of art and the things they do with common vegetables will surprise even the most selective palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining at The ParkerdinodelvinoDined on 4/19/2014As vegans we appreciated the well thought out menu of the Chef's Degustation. Beautifully prepared entrees provided incredible sensations for the taste buds! Thank you so much! We'll be back and will spread the word!Special Features:
- SandsDined on 4/14/2014Great for foodies, whether you are a veg or not. I personally am veg, but mostly for health reasons. So it's not the ideal place for me because I felt it was rich for someone who likes food prepared very simple and not interested in the foodie experience that often. However, I must say it was delicious and flavourful. displayed nicely on my plate. We ordered "Degustation" - the $30 per person 5 course shared menu. It allowed us to try a whole bunch of dishes, which was great because it was hard to figure out what we wanted off the menu (everything looked so interesting but also unfamiliar). The ambiance is nice though - clean, lightness, white, fresh. Loved the chaat... did it very well and I've had my fair share of chaat. Def recommend.Special Features:
- Chef's tasting menu!KristinDined on 4/13/2014I searched for Vegetarian restaurants in Vancouver and lived everything I read about this place. I went with my girlfriend who is a fine dining chef and we both thoroughly enjoyed our entire experience. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The chefs tasting menu is a STEAL. The quality completely outshines it's meager price of $30 a person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegetarianVADBCDined on 4/10/2014Love this restaurant for its excellent food and casual ambiance. You don't even realize that you are eating vegetarian because everything is so well made and presented. Service is attentive and friendly. We never felt rushed, even though one of the diners at our table arrived late. I would go here all the time if I could!Special Features:
- Fun eveningTydahDined on 4/4/2014Went with friends, one of whom is a 20 year vegetarian. We thought we should throw him a bone and try this place out. Impressed. Food was tasty service was okay. Only hiccup we had was being seated almost 30 minutes after our scheduled reservation time. Would go again though for a casual night out.Special Features:
- great foodbixbeeDined on 4/3/2014The food was great, service was attentive, but it was so hot in the restaurant as the kitchen is right at the front. It got so uncomfortable that we left as soon as dinner was over. Next time dress for the desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't wear your nice clothescrossoverVIPDined on 3/28/2014The overall quality of food was decent but boy was the portion small or what?! We tried the tasting menu for 6 courses, and each course was prepared to be shared between 2 adults. The portion was really small. Perhaps vegetarians eat less =) ? Anyway the kitchen was right behind the bar and it's wide open. We could totally smell the food from our clothes and that's not very pleasant. It's a neat little restaurant but it's not good enough for us to return.Special Features:
- great place. vegetarian foodgayleDined on 3/27/2014great place. vegetarian food with flavor. good cocktails.Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in Vancouver!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2014My husband and I had the 5 course tasting menu here and it was amazing.. My hubby is pescatarian so he was somewhat hesitant to come here, but he raved about every course. Presentation and taste were both outstanding, and each dish was unique, the kind of thing I wouldn't even know how to begin to make. Service was decent, but could have been better. In particular, we felt like it took forever for dessert to come, then she brought the cheque before clearing our dessert plates. Food is light and I left feeling satisfied but not overly full. If you are looking to feel stuffed, this is not the place for you.Special Features:
- Vegetarian Food ArtWizardDined on 3/24/2014This is not my first visit to The Parker, it is my fifth and I have each time taken a new friend to their overwhelming delight in the food, presentation, service, ambiance and spectacular taste combinations. To watch the chef create each dish with total attention to detail and balance in every possible way. It is creation of food art. I am a vegetarian who is delighted to find a restaurant that knows how to feed and please. My friends are not, will not become vegetarians any time soon, but they will never forget their fabulous experience of The Parker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was decent. Went in withdanielllllDined on 3/20/2014It was decent. Went in with little knowledge they existed and was blown away from their five course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was very simpleMelb26Dined on 3/19/2014My recent visit to this restaurant I found to be well presented but there was no flavour and I found the food both bland and very small
- Excellent but small portionsvsbyVIPDined on 3/18/2014Overall it was very good, though we were seated 20 minutes late after having to wait outside while it was so cold and raining. Two of us had been there before and we were completed amazed by the food and service, so we came back and brought our parents. Food was still superb; however the portions were more like 2 people's (we had the tasting menu both times), so some of us left hungry :( We may come back, just perhaps not for the tasting menu or no more than 2 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, but a bit priceyMarkDined on 3/18/2014Girlfriend found it too precious, and a couple dishes a little too sweet, but figured it may be due to the amount of root vegetables. She was even still a bit hungry afterwards. We spent about $50 per person, so you'd hope to be full for that. Regardless it was still nice meal and I'd go back if we were taking somebody out for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make me a regular!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2014The Parker is fantastic. The food is sublime and the service is impeccable! I am not a vegetarian but I could eat here everyday and never crave a steak. Also for allergy sufferers like me, they have gluten free, vegan, lactose free dishes galore! The Parker I would say is a fusion between East and West, drawing upon flavours from authentic Chinese, Korean, etc dishes melded with local vegetables and a modern twist. The atmosphere is classy, romantic and the staff are so incredibly welcoming. The first time I went to the Parker, I had my puppy with me. They seated us outside and provided Merlin with water and even allowed him to sit with us when a dog attacked him while he was lying outside the outdoor seating area. Let me be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and delightful experiencegastronomicDined on 3/14/2014This place stood for all the reviews hyped it to be and went beyond that!. The restaurant is pretty small, with about 6 tables. The owner, Steve Da Cruz, and his crew's hospitality and service were excellent! You can see chef, Curtis Luk, cooking and diligently plating every food. The drinks Steve suggested, were freaky innovative and tasty. The degustation - a chef's choice 5-course shared meal for the table - was carefully chosen to our taste. The quantity of the entire meal was just about right. At my special request, the dessert arrived with "I Love You" written in dark chocolate beautifully along the plate and a hungarian wine to go with it. My fiancee was breathless and the look on her face was priceless for me! Thank you Parker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan plus!MilkmanDined on 3/14/2014I am no vegan, so it was with some trepidation that I went to the Parker. However, the food is quite tasty, and presented with some style. I found the courses to be a little small, but as they recommend a person should have about three of them. This then becomes a moderately pricy affair. But, when you consider the quality, care, and service that doesn't bother me. For vegans, a must. For others, worth a try to sample something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would love to go back!garg28Dined on 3/12/2014The food was amazing, we shared 4 dishes, 2 desserts and all was made and presented so beautifully and tasted perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelin Star VegetarianCavendishDined on 3/8/2014The Parker is gastronomic genius. We had the Chef's 5 course meal and we could not believe the level of sophistication, depth, and complexity that each and every dish displayed. As the non-vegetarian at the table who has little to no interest in vegetarian food, I was in absolute awe of what was being created here. Easily one of the top 3 restaurants in the entire city/region right now and I've been almost everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 'MUST-GO-TO' RESTAURANT!!GrandmaroseDined on 3/6/2014Tried the TASTERS MENU with my friend and we both LOVED IT!! The flavours were awesome and looked pleasing to the eye. The cost was very fair: $29/person and included 5 main dishes + dessert. The servers were so very attentive but not intrusive and friendly! The décor is extremely simple but you aren't there for that purpose - it's the food and you will not be disappointed! Go at your earliest convenience and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non vegetarian will enjoy it!MagsDined on 3/4/2014First time at The Parker. I highly suggest you make a reservation. The place is cozy and small and wont fit big group. They will accommodate any food allergy or intolerance and gladly adjust their menu to satisfy your taste.We took the tasking menu for $29. We got to try all kind of interesting veggies cooked different ways; salsify, jicama, Jerusalem artichoke. The desert was to die for; chocolate truffle and chocolate brownie, lychee sorbet with tapioca, roasted pineapple with hazelnut ice cream. Coffee is serve with almond milk. The quality of the food and the flavors were exceptional. Give this place a try, it is worth it and the price is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceCanadianVegansDined on 2/28/2014The 5-course Dégustation menu is a must. You wont be disappointed. The food is some of the best (veg) food you'll have the pleasure to enjoy. Definitely one of the continent's top restaurants. With about 30 seats and an open concept kitchen that's smaller than most home kitchens, The Parker is small but filled with life. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable and can guide you towards appropriate dishes in case of allergies. Reservations are recommended and they seem to only take parties of 2 or 4. Large groups need not apply.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just let 'em feed you!RandallDined on 2/28/2014I wanted a really special dinner with my husband, who is a phenomenal cook and doesn't like to eat at restaurants because it's more fun to cook at home and we can control the ingredients. He rarely feels a restaurant is "worth it." Plus we are healthy eaters, and gluten-free. After feasting our way through The Parker's degustation menu--which is a five-course, constantly changing affair, we agreed this is a phenomenal, vegetarian foodie experience even my husband would be hard-pressed to duplicate. And at $29/person, outstanding value. You WILL need a reservation; once you're seated in the intimate, mirror-walled dining room, just let the top-rate staff serve you whatever the chef recommends. Pure bliss.Special Features:
- The food and presentationJeanDined on 2/26/2014The food and presentation was excellent. The 5-course dining menu was very generous and filling even for non-vegetarians ;) The service was lacking - the waitress brought the dishes promptly but only explained some of them and never indicated which course the disk was (there were multiple courses per dish). The billing was also a pain as the bill was incorrect twice. The restaurant is not able to divide up the bill and did offer to at least just tell us what our totals were. The entire billing process took about 30minutes. The food was really amazing and the vibe was not pretentious so it is unfortuante the service was so bad. hopefully just an off night in that regard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate, innovative and deliciousjrjoziDined on 2/22/2014The Parker redefines vegetarian food. Prepare yourself for a new type of experience where vegetarian ingredients are prepared in an innovative, delicious manner and served in an intimate atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!JoyfulDined on 2/20/2014We were so pleasantly surprised by our meal at The Parker. The service was impeccable without being too much and the food was divine. We had the tasting menu which I would highly recommend. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Amazing experiencecollinDined on 2/15/2014The Parker is a restaurant that I both want more people to be raving about and also want less people to be talking about (because I always want to be able to get in as the food is SO good). From their sustainable methodology to their thoughtful preparation of the food and drink list to the amazing execution of all the food, this place is a true hidden gem. Topped off with attentive and thoughtful service and I don't see what anyone can't like here. Note: For those looking for large portions, you need not come here: The Parker is a place where thoughtfulness and complexity trumps gluttony (not to say you won't leave satisfied, because I sure was!). Love this place. I'm already looking forward to my next time back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time at TheMalloreighDined on 2/15/2014We had a great time at The Parker. Some of the dishes on our degustation menu were amazing while some were just pretty good. An experience every diner, especially every vegetarian diner, should have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unprofessional service/exc. foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014How I'm treated at a restaurant shapes the whole experience. Rude and pretentious service, including being asked to leave for the next guests….? That was a first; so unprofessional. And we were not lingering in the least. Really really too bad because food was spectacular, but overall experience very negative.Special Features:
- Creative and deliciousMrForbzDined on 2/8/2014There was 4 of us and one with dietary restrictions (no nuts or seeds)...the portions provided us all with a mounthful and nothing at all for one of us (twice)... With 8 courses in total (6 for one of us)... The food was delicious and creative, but expensive for what we got, and way too expensive to have get something to eat elsewhere after leaving. The service was exceptional, but pretentious. The concept (zero waste, local) is great but they would benefit from not belittling their patrons for making requests for things they do not carry. All in all a good experience, but would not likely be back or recommend to any friends unless they are vegan... We also mentioned in our reservation it was one of our birthdays, which went unacknolwedgedSpecial Features: