The Parker House
104 SE Madison Dr.
Ridgeland, MS 39157Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Parker House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theparkerhouse.com/
- Phone: 6018560043
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Closed: Sundays and Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full service catering for any occasion, from private parties to business luncheons, weddings, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties and anniversaries.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 3 private dining rooms, our Executive Dining Room can seat up to 12 people. Our Blue Room can accommodate up to 25 people and our Allegra Room can seat up to 50 people. We also offer wireless internet and have projector screens in each room.
- Private Party Contact: Marc Brewer or Tim Cook 601-605-0420
- Entertainment: Come check out our patio scene for local live music- weeknights during spring, summer and fall!
A word from The Parker House
Welcome to The Parker House Restaurant, located in the heart of The Jackson Street Historical District of Ridgeland, MS. We are located in a former English Cottage Style home. Our restaurant features the artwork of local artists, from the Jackson Street Gallery. Come enjoy award winning wines from our Wine Spectator Award winning list. Our menu changes seasonally, and offers modern Southern fare with some New Orleans twists, as well as USDA Prime Steaks. Relax on our back patio and have a drink under the beautiful Wax Myrtle trees, for a one of a kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Parker House reviews from OpenTable diners
- So sorry to hear you are closing.Luv2dineDined on 10/26/2012So sorry to hear you are closing. Wish you would reconsider!Special Features:
- Last but not leastOufoftownArchitectDined on 10/25/2012The Parker House is the best kept secret in the Jackson, MS area. Its too bad they are closing Saturday, October 27, 2012. Always a favorite and their food, ambiance, and service will be missed. Looking forward to the new ventures of Andy and Tim Cook.Special Features:
- Wanted to eat with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012Wanted to eat with friends at my favorite restaurant one last time. It saddens me that it is closing. Food was excellent...as usual.Special Features:
- The Parker House is closingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012The Parker House is closing at the end of October so they were short staffed so the service was slow. Other than that, it was great.Special Features:
- To badthis fine restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012To badthis fine restaurant is about to close the doors on the 27th of October. The food was unparalleled in that area.my wife and I had our wedding reception there and everyone talks about how great the food was. I will miss going there but have good memories, too bad I can't eat the memories.
- Parker House recently announcedpublisher73Dined on 10/20/2012Parker House recently announced it would close at the end of October. We paid a final visit to enjoy the crab cakes, grit cakes and redfish one more time. We wish them all the best. The service was fast and friendly and the cuisine didn't let us down. We'll miss them!Special Features:
- Really good food for a prettyjhs1985Dined on 10/6/2012Really good food for a pretty reasonable price. We enjoyed the private booth we had. It was a really good dining experience.Special Features:
- Very very disappointing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Very very disappointing. The food was unimaginative and hardly of the caliber as advertised. Horrified to see ketchup served on the plate with steak even though it accompanied limp cold French fries. The grits with the pork chop were under cooked and like cement on the plate. Extremely expensive for what we experienced. Very dated decor and almost scary artwork. The plates danced around on the glass table. Please get real if you would like to survive. Several empty tables on a Friday night , should tell management something.
- Great DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The bread pudding was some of the best I've ever eaten .Special Features:
- Sweet Potato RavioliOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2012The sweet potato ravioli is divine !!! Seriously. Sweet. Potato. Ravioli. It's an appetizer but such a generous portion that it could be dinner. Go to this restaurant and order it !! Sausage, sweet potatoes, OMG. Oh --- and the other food is incredible, also. Porkchops, fish, crabmeat maccaroni. The chef is most inventive and every creation WORKS !!! Great wine list. Great ambience. If the weather is good, sit outside on the patio and enjoy that beautiful area !! Great experience. Thanks !!Special Features:
- Service and quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012Service and quality of food was outstanding. Great restaurant ... as usual.
- The Parker House is alwaysKala2163Dined on 8/31/2012The Parker House is always our first choice for anniversaries and birthdays! We love it.Special Features:
- General notesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012The service by Tracey was excellent. The Redfish ala Parker House was well presented and quite tasty. The green beans and mashed potatoes were well seasoned and very good. The pork chop was well prepared but a little to well seasoned for the taste of some at the table. The birthday dessert was outstanding.Special Features:
- It was our anniversary andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012It was our anniversary and we enjoyed a quiet dinner in one of the booths they offer. The food and service was great. Trey M, was our server and he did an excellent job.Special Features:
- Excellent for an intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012Excellent for an intimate dinner on your anniversary. Hostess and servers are exemplary.Special Features:
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Excellent service, atmosphere, and food! HIGHLY recommend the bread pudding!!!Special Features:
- We had 7 people for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012We had 7 people for a family birthday dinner and everything was really nice- food, service and atmosphere- we all thoroughly enjoyed our evening there.Special Features:
- We had a blast with the MurderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2012We had a blast with the Murder Mystery Theater. The food and service was really good especially with a crowded room.Special Features:
- Disappointing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2012The last time that my husband and I came here, we declared it the best restaurant in the Jackson area. Sadly, last night that did not hold true. My snapper was really tough, and it had a large blood line. The mashed potatoes were luke warm at best. The taste was pretty good, but it was hard to get excited about it with the problems. My husband's shrimp and grits were so hot (spicy) that he could barely eat them. He declared them the best ever the last time. The salad was extremely small. The brownie was so hard that it made a clinking noise when you finally got the spoon through it. The server had a large party, and our drinks sat empty several times. There was also a very loud meeting in the other room, and service took forever!Special Features:
- ALways a Good ExperienceJKMISSISSIPPIDined on 7/24/2012In all the years I have never been dissapointed with the Parker House.Special Features:
- Not so great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2012Resturant had a nice atmospher. The food was good. The only dislike that my husband and I had was the service. The waiter took his time getting our order. It appeared that he was focused on another table more than us. I took him about 15 minutes to take out dinner order after we had gotten out drinks and there was only a total of 2 tables were we where sitting. I almost walked out, but did not want to ruin my husband's birhtday.Special Features:
- First time dining with atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012First time dining with at the restuarant with my husband; it was romantic.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent...escotbandDined on 6/26/2012Food and service were excellent...end of story. I did use the flower service available through Open Table. The arrangement was unique and a great addition.Special Features:
- the food was fantastic, everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012the food was fantastic, everyone enjoyed thier mealSpecial Features:
- We chose the best for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012We chose the best for our anniversary. The meal was wonderful! The atmosphere and service are second to noone.Special Features:
- Parker House is an overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Parker House is an overall great restaurant. Awesome atmosphere, service and food! Celebrated my 1st, 5th, and 10th wedding anniversary there.Special Features:
- I haven't been here in manyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012I haven't been here in many years but assumed since they were still around that it must still be great! Well, I was so wrong. I felt like I had walked into an episode of Restaurant Impossible! Saturday night at 730- only 2 couples present in the entire restaurant. Musty smell, decor had not been updated obviously since my last visit 10 years ago! food was awful! Very prepackaged taste! OMG don't go! This place needs to be gutted and start all over!!!!!
- Patio Dinning at it's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012Patio Dinning with one of the best steaks I've had in a while... can't beat it. Always great food and when the weather is nice there's nothing better than having a good meal on the patio. If you want great service and consistently good food then quit reading and make a reservation... you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- It took a little long forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012It took a little long for us to get our drinks and for our order to be taken, but we were not in a rush at that time. If we had theater tickets, or something else planned, that would have been a problem. The food was good. I had the shrimp and grits. It was good, but too much grits and not enough shrimp for that price. If my friend did not have a gift certificate, the cost would have been waaay to much for the food (grits!). I get more shrimp on my kungpau at Mr. Chens, and for only $10.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012went for the mystery theatre - it was awesome! service was great even with all of the activity around the actors!Special Features:
- My friends and I had a reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012My friends and I had a really nice time. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend The Parker House .Special Features:
- The white chocolate breadJWH48VIPDined on 5/3/2012The white chocolate bread pudding is the best thing I've ever eaten and topped off great entrees. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed The Detective MysteryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Enjoyed The Detective Mystery dinner show. Lot's of fun.Special Features:
- I wish I remembered our waitersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012I wish I remembered our waiters name on April 24'th but he was fabulous. The food was just as delicious as my previous visit. It was my birthday and Parker House made it a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Always have a great meal whenPiperDined on 4/21/2012Always have a great meal when dining here. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Our waitress was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2012Our waitress was excellent and very helpful. Her suggestions for food and drinks were great!Special Features:
- I came in for a business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2012I came in for a business dinner with a group of six. This group included six people from six states ranging from south Dakota to Florida. We found something for everybody. To start we where sat in the main dining area, knowing we had some catching up to do we asked if there was a more secluded spot. The bar and patio where reserved so they offered us a private room that was not taken. My group being primarily from the north had little experience with southern seafood. The chef gave us cray fish to taste, and they also fell in love with boudin balls, soft shell crab, and shrimp and grits. None they had tasted before. Many where thinking of the ribeye but chose steak frites, best steak of all to choose! Thanks! Perfect night!Special Features:
- The Parker House is definitelyRuffianDined on 4/7/2012The Parker House is definitely on our 'rotation' for places to eat out. The service is excellent with knowledgeable servers, the cocktails are well made and the ambience lends itself to good conversation rather than having to scream over loud music or loud people. We are vegetarian and vegan and were able to give the staff a heads up on our Open Door Reservation request. Shortly after we were seated with our friends, the chef came to the table and offered a variety of options, even willing to make a risotto with vegetable broth instead of chicken stock. We could not have been treated better and the final entree was delicious. Our non-vegetarian friends were also very happy with the soft-shell crab and lobster tail. It was a most fun time!Special Features:
- One of my group celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2012One of my group celebrated a birthday on 4-4-12, and we selected the Parker House for this special occasion. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our evening, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012We enjoyed our evening, and the food was delicious.Special Features: