118 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theparknyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 352-3313
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 5pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday 5:00pm - 12:00am Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Special Events: email@example.com
A word from The Park
The Park stands out from the rest. This hip spot in the heart of the meatpacking district is bound to impress even the most jaded of the New York elite. Each room evokes a different theme--from the rainforest-style dining room to the Red Room infused with Asian aesthetic. The dining room encircles an immense cluster of bamboo, with other tropical plants stand strategically placed. The organic nature of the setting is complimented splendidly by the healthy, adventurous dishes of new American cuisine on the menu. A glass enclosed Atrium offers a secluded and chic spot for any private event or party. The penthouse leads to a rooftop patio with a hot tub, also suited for social gatherings. In addition, a heated outdoor garden with Japanese maple trees gives diners the chance to enjoy the Park's distinct cuisine outside any time of year. Come to the Park and escape from the norm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Park reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (73)great for brunch (62)great for outdoor dining (58)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (45)great for lunch (43)special occasion (38)scenic view (33)vibrant bar scene (29)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (26)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Consistently great!DebFDined on 11/17/2014I've been to The Park a few times, and recently visited for a business lunch. They consistently deliver on food, service, and atmosphere. I've also hosted a girls' night dinner in the past - they were really accommodating of our large party, and treated us like gold. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid-friendly and romantic at the same time!!FoodhunterVIPDined on 11/15/2014It is a great place in Chelsea near the highline. Great option for brunch with kids, but also a very romantic and hot place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely returnLindsayDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful spot with several different types of rooms that could easily accommodate for large groups. Large brunch menu, with something for everyone. Everyone enjoyed their food, service was good. Only complaint was our table was a bit tiny for 4, so it was hard to fit our plates.Special Features:
- Unique gemMikedespoDined on 11/4/2014I had not been to The Park in a while and had dinner there the other night. Such a unique layout that's a perfect plce to go out on a date or meet a group of friends. Food is basic, but good. Great atmosphere. The one thing they used to always lacked was attentive and pleasant help, but I have to say there's been a big improvement on that front. Waiter was excellent and nice. Hostess was spot on and the manager even came by the table to ensure everything was fine (it was). I'll definitely be back more often now that I'm living in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Fun for brunchpamkVIPDined on 11/2/2014Nice selection from the salmon hash with poached eggs to breakfast pizza. Service was a little slow but it was nice not to be rushed. Asked for spicy Bloody Mary then needed to ask for horseradish to help it. Avoid the Bloody Mary if you like it spicy. French fries are the best. Was informed secret is powdered vinegar! Nice feeling you are eating outside without the wind and cold.Special Features:
- N/AAnonDined on 10/27/2014The Park has a wonderful ambience but the food unfortunately does not match the surroundings. The food is really not that good.Special Features:
- RB123Dined on 10/25/2014Went for a birthday dinner with my boyfriend. We had a wonderful experience! Amazing food and drink choices. The ambiance was perfect - the lighting and decorations added a romantic and sophisticated touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biggest dining disappointed in 5 yrOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Very bad food, bad atmosphere - do not go here if you want to enjoy a weekend in NYC.
- Unique venue with good foodRFL212Dined on 10/23/2014Was at The Park for a 30th anniv dinner with friends. We shared 2 appetizers,(Baked Artichoke Dip, & Marinated Mediterranean Olives),each had an entree,(2 salads & a pasta dish),ordered a Brussels Sprouts side, & shared dessert over our espresso/cappuccino. We rated the food good to excellent, especially Seafood Strozzapretti & Butternut Squash Bread Pudding. The Sprouts & roasted cauliflower in 1 salad were both done al dente. We would have preferred them more well done, but just a personal preference. I saw several negative comments about the service & wait times for food; we didn't experience any problems. A little wait for apps, but not bad, & our waiter was quite good & attentive, all this despite a wedding party in the other 3 rms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2014The Park is always a special experience. The food is very good and tastes even better in the extraordinary space. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, food is goodjeszDined on 10/18/2014The ambiance is great, with the trees and large space and outdoor seating. Can be very romantic, too. The food is good - some dishes are absolutely delicious, others are merely good, not all are winners. But I'd be back for the ambiance!Special Features:
- slow servicecoloradogirlDined on 10/17/2014This was a neat looking restaurant. The food was pretty good, but the service was extremely slow. I ordered steak frites and they tried twice to give me a steak salad instead. I said "no, I ordered steak frites". 15 minutes later they tried to give me the same steak salad! I ended up eating long after the rest of the table was done eating, no apologies or compensation. The server would buzz by, look at our table and see the empty wine glasses, empty plates,etc. He never looked at us, let alone stop to see if we wanted anything. Another 15 minutes to wait for the bill, another 15 minutes for the credit card to come back. I wouldn't come back here.Special Features:
- A walk in the ParkJoniBeeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Lovely restaurant, the food was so disappointing! The gnocchi were the only good plate. Plates are pricy for the mediocre quality. Service was good, very pleasant ambiance. Seems they are noted for brunch and are a hot spot for late night partying. I doubt we'll try brunch after the disappointing dinner.Special Features:
- servicevkrm1101Dined on 10/12/2014Our waiter wasn't the best this time. In the pass they have been excellentSpecial Features:
- Great once you're theregigiDined on 10/12/2014We loved the food and the service was great. Only downfall was that I could not get a reservation for 6 online. Called twice and was sent to a voice mail where I left two messages and was never responded to. Therefore, I made 2 reservations-1 for 4 and 1 for 2- we were able to sit together - but inside only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Parkjeanpaul93Dined on 10/10/2014It´s a great restaurant for special occasion, and excellent attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to visit and entertainNMichelsonDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful ambience, reasonable prices, tasty good, leisurely pace of service I.e. not rushing you out the door, attentive service, We jad a great visit with old friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So prettyDK90Dined on 10/10/2014I brought my mom and sister here who were visiting from out of town and they loved it. The Park is a beautiful place to grab dinner and there are a lot of options for people who don't really like meat.Special Features:
- Choices & VariationsFoodHunter1Dined on 10/8/2014Of all the Chelsea NYC restaurants, Park offers a wide enough selection of dishes - something for conervos, vegaterians, and vegans. The enclosed garden space gives the diner an outdoor feeling. Bartender has a knack for making great cocktails. The service was efficient without making you feel the house needed to turn the tables. Table layout is good so diners are not in each other's conversation.Special Features:
- ababVIPDined on 10/5/2014The service was very poor, from the waitress to the person bringing the food. we got bumped into several times during the meal and no one apologize. the hostess wasn't friendly at all when we got there. the food was barely ok, the burger was awful.
- Brightens the day!ErinawilsonDined on 10/4/2014I came here on a raining day and the ambiance immediately changed my mood! It literally seemed as if I was outside in a park. Service was excellent, it was quiet enough to hear conversation, but lively enough I felt like there was great energy in the whole restaurant. The food is very basic and wholesome, but I prefer this for breakfast. I love traditional breakfasts and it can be found here nestled in this cozy, comforting, nature inspired space! Five stars. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Service was mediocre and food not fresh. The space was pretty cool though and at mid day the place was quiet enough to hold a small business conversation.Special Features:
- beautiful indoor settingjojoDined on 9/27/2014love the ambience of this spot... looks like an outdoor area taken inside. the food is always dreamy and a delight. fun people.Special Features:
- pretty but not worth itushouldknowDined on 9/27/2014Really fell short of my expectations. From the moment we sat down to the moment we left. After sitting for 15 minutes, the manager had to come to take our order. The first banana bread that came over was hard the second was warm and soft. The mimosa was 90% OJ and 10% champagne. My eggs florentine was luke warm but edible. The waiter had a nice smile but that was it.Special Features:
- slow unacceptable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Waiter was good felt bad for him . He was given way to many tables due to low scheduling of servers. Management was clueless and not sorry for there faults. Drinks took 15 minutes each to come out when bar was 20ft away!Special Features:
- Very good !!!ManonDined on 9/13/2014Very nice restaurant. The pizzas are good. I recommend to stay for the night club after dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great dinner, great rooftop bar!JacqDined on 9/13/2014Always a fun time at The Park. I would recommend dinner then rooftop bar!Special Features:
- Bland food, cute interiorwannabefoodieDined on 9/13/2014Food was all over the place. The cheese platter was lacking anything of interest, and my dish had zero seasoning. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great decor horrible service!!BluevirgoDined on 9/6/2014Hostess was very accomadating with the lateness of my party. Once seated for dinner our first waiter was amazing!!!!! He was great energetic polite and full of life.. Once we received our new waiter due to a shift change service was downhill from there. Not once checking in. To see if we were ready nothing. I asked for the menu at which he gave after 15 i asked the. Didnt even wait to see WHAT i wanted. He then disaappered. Not only was reservations made for 8 and due to my late party was t seated until 9 however we did t eat until 10:15. And it wasnt even busy which was another thing i didnt understand.After speaking to management he spoke to the waiter. Service was better however very forced and with a snip attitude.Special Features:
- Nice StaffGentryDined on 9/3/2014The staff was amazing. Very nice peeps. I'll go back in a heart beat. Great ambiance with a sexy vibe.Special Features:
- Great garden diningNYCfeinschmeckerDined on 8/30/2014A huge, spacious location with very high ceilings that is visually very interesting. If you like outdoor dining, this is a great spot. The steak salad was excellent, the pasta was good but undistinguished.Special Features:
- Beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Attentive staff and delicious dining. Also beautiful to look at. The garden indoor/outdoor dining is my favorite part, lined with twinkly lights and trees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant but...alfresco44Dined on 8/29/2014...a bit disappointed in the food. My lamb was very salty and too spicy. My friend's steak sandwich was average. I love the restaurant and would go back to try another dish and certainly would recommend to friends because so close to High Line and very pretty place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Park!aparker22Dined on 8/23/2014The Park is such a different restaurant hidden in the middle of the city. The ambiance is beautiful and it is great for a date night. The food is amazing as well which makes it a 5 star restaurant :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor brunchMarkusDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful saturday brunch at the Park. The Chelsea hot spot is a former taxi garage converted to a hip outdoor locale. Host was attentive and very friendly, allowed me to request an outdoor table and accommodated my last minute request to change location. Our server was ultra professional and engaging. Curious busser/ ecpediter. Great personalities . Waffles and syrup were yummy. Great timing and delivery . See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food w/ an indoor viewFridaynighteatsDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our evening and food was very good. I ordered salmon and The Park is one of the few places that asked how I wanted it cooked. The dish, overall, was one of the best salmon dishes I've had in NYC. My only complaint is that I felt rushed. Three times we were asked if we were ready to have plates taken when it was pretty clear based on amount of food remaining that we were not. I know that servers/wait staff, etc make money on table turnover and this is something I always take into consideration when I tip, but I also believe that if I take the time to make a reservation, then a bigger 'window' should be allowed to enjoy a leisured dinner. I believe this speaks volumes about how salary for servers needs to be revamped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingIheartshoppingDined on 8/17/2014I don't really consider this outdoor dining, but it's better! You don't feel the AC and you are among trees and natural light, but you are in an atrium rather than street side. I love being outdoors but I don't like eating near the exhaust of cars and buses, nor being to close to passer-bys. So for me, The Park offers a very nice setting. The food is really good, although there was an odd looking brown square that came with my omelet. The waitress said it was their version of hash browns. It did not look appetizing so I didn't try it. Sorry if that's unfair to even mention. Very nice place...go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaddieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Good food, very reasonable, great service, wonderful place to have a party, loved the scenery, drinks were great, lots of appetizers to choose from but not enough of a selection of entrees ...great lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great space is not enoughnydinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014The main dining room and especially the garden are a draw for the atmosphere but unfortunately the good experience ends there. The service was curt and sporadic and the food took way to long to arrive (45 minutes after our appetizers were finished.) The main dishes (the chef's burger and the risotto) were disappointing. They tried so hard to be different and unique that it just ended up being interesting at best. Neither one of us finished our meal. To be fair, the chicken pate appetizer was very good which probably made the main dishes all the more disappointing. Probably won't go back which is too bad as it is one of the few places in Manhattan with enough space that you don't feel crowded.
- Nice restaurant.Z8361Dined on 8/14/2014It took our waitress a little bit of time to warm up to us. Service was a little slow. One thing that I really disliked was the fact that our appetizers, salad and entrée serve at the same time. I would not recommend the cheese platter. The Hummus and the Pizza were delicious. Drinks were on point. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.