118 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theparknyc.com/
- Phone: 2123523313
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 5pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday 5:00pm - 12:00am Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Special Events: email@example.com
A word from The Park
The Park stands out from the rest. This hip spot in the heart of the meatpacking district is bound to impress even the most jaded of the New York elite. Each room evokes a different theme--from the rainforest-style dining room to the Red Room infused with Asian aesthetic. The dining room encircles an immense cluster of bamboo, with other tropical plants stand strategically placed. The organic nature of the setting is complimented splendidly by the healthy, adventurous dishes of new American cuisine on the menu. A glass enclosed Atrium offers a secluded and chic spot for any private event or party. The penthouse leads to a rooftop patio with a hot tub, also suited for social gatherings. In addition, a heated outdoor garden with Japanese maple trees gives diners the chance to enjoy the Park's distinct cuisine outside any time of year. Come to the Park and escape from the norm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Park reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)good for groups (64)great for brunch (62)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (42)scenic view (36)special occasion (32)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (22)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (2)Show More
- slow unacceptable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Waiter was good felt bad for him . He was given way to many tables due to low scheduling of servers. Management was clueless and not sorry for there faults. Drinks took 15 minutes each to come out when bar was 20ft away!Special Features:
- Very good !!!ManonDined on 9/13/2014Very nice restaurant. The pizzas are good. I recommend to stay for the night club after dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great dinner, great rooftop bar!JacqDined on 9/13/2014Always a fun time at The Park. I would recommend dinner then rooftop bar!Special Features:
- Great decor horrible service!!BluevirgoDined on 9/6/2014Hostess was very accomadating with the lateness of my party. Once seated for dinner our first waiter was amazing!!!!! He was great energetic polite and full of life.. Once we received our new waiter due to a shift change service was downhill from there. Not once checking in. To see if we were ready nothing. I asked for the menu at which he gave after 15 i asked the. Didnt even wait to see WHAT i wanted. He then disaappered. Not only was reservations made for 8 and due to my late party was t seated until 9 however we did t eat until 10:15. And it wasnt even busy which was another thing i didnt understand.After speaking to management he spoke to the waiter. Service was better however very forced and with a snip attitude.Special Features:
- Nice StaffGentryDined on 9/3/2014The staff was amazing. Very nice peeps. I'll go back in a heart beat. Great ambiance with a sexy vibe.Special Features:
- Great garden diningNYCfeinschmeckerDined on 8/30/2014A huge, spacious location with very high ceilings that is visually very interesting. If you like outdoor dining, this is a great spot. The steak salad was excellent, the pasta was good but undistinguished.Special Features:
- Beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Attentive staff and delicious dining. Also beautiful to look at. The garden indoor/outdoor dining is my favorite part, lined with twinkly lights and trees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant but...alfresco44Dined on 8/29/2014...a bit disappointed in the food. My lamb was very salty and too spicy. My friend's steak sandwich was average. I love the restaurant and would go back to try another dish and certainly would recommend to friends because so close to High Line and very pretty place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Park!aparker22Dined on 8/23/2014The Park is such a different restaurant hidden in the middle of the city. The ambiance is beautiful and it is great for a date night. The food is amazing as well which makes it a 5 star restaurant :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor brunchMarkusDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful saturday brunch at the Park. The Chelsea hot spot is a former taxi garage converted to a hip outdoor locale. Host was attentive and very friendly, allowed me to request an outdoor table and accommodated my last minute request to change location. Our server was ultra professional and engaging. Curious busser/ ecpediter. Great personalities . Waffles and syrup were yummy. Great timing and delivery . See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food w/ an indoor viewFridaynighteatsDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our evening and food was very good. I ordered salmon and The Park is one of the few places that asked how I wanted it cooked. The dish, overall, was one of the best salmon dishes I've had in NYC. My only complaint is that I felt rushed. Three times we were asked if we were ready to have plates taken when it was pretty clear based on amount of food remaining that we were not. I know that servers/wait staff, etc make money on table turnover and this is something I always take into consideration when I tip, but I also believe that if I take the time to make a reservation, then a bigger 'window' should be allowed to enjoy a leisured dinner. I believe this speaks volumes about how salary for servers needs to be revamped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingIheartshoppingDined on 8/17/2014I don't really consider this outdoor dining, but it's better! You don't feel the AC and you are among trees and natural light, but you are in an atrium rather than street side. I love being outdoors but I don't like eating near the exhaust of cars and buses, nor being to close to passer-bys. So for me, The Park offers a very nice setting. The food is really good, although there was an odd looking brown square that came with my omelet. The waitress said it was their version of hash browns. It did not look appetizing so I didn't try it. Sorry if that's unfair to even mention. Very nice place...go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaddieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Good food, very reasonable, great service, wonderful place to have a party, loved the scenery, drinks were great, lots of appetizers to choose from but not enough of a selection of entrees ...great lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great space is not enoughnydinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014The main dining room and especially the garden are a draw for the atmosphere but unfortunately the good experience ends there. The service was curt and sporadic and the food took way to long to arrive (45 minutes after our appetizers were finished.) The main dishes (the chef's burger and the risotto) were disappointing. They tried so hard to be different and unique that it just ended up being interesting at best. Neither one of us finished our meal. To be fair, the chicken pate appetizer was very good which probably made the main dishes all the more disappointing. Probably won't go back which is too bad as it is one of the few places in Manhattan with enough space that you don't feel crowded.
- Nice restaurant.Z8361Dined on 8/14/2014It took our waitress a little bit of time to warm up to us. Service was a little slow. One thing that I really disliked was the fact that our appetizers, salad and entrée serve at the same time. I would not recommend the cheese platter. The Hummus and the Pizza were delicious. Drinks were on point. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off its peak in Prime TimeLuvNYCDined on 8/9/2014Came for dinner at the recommendation of a friend. Made an Open Table Reservation for 6:30 and were seated reasonably promptly. Sat outdoors in atrium. Took about 10 minutes after being seated until someone came acknowledged us or came to the table. Our waiter once he got there was friendly enough. Surprised at the limited menu. 2 pages of drinks - one page of food - 2/3's appetizers and burgers. Loved the atmosphere but dead leaves kept falling in our drinks and food. Glad we came. Not special enough to return. Other waitstaff seemed aggravated and unhappy to be working there.
- Outdoor gardenEnjoyedDined on 8/7/2014The Park has a beautiful garden space that is a great area to sit in during the summer. They also have a huge bar area with seating tucked away in the back if the garden - we saw a large party take over while we were there. A great venue for groups. The food was awesome - we had oysters, a wood fire pizza, and farroh rissoto, all Awesome. My only critique is that our food took close to 40 minutes after ordering and we were starved. They might have forgotten about us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tables too smalltablestoosmallDined on 8/6/2014Ridiculously tiny table for four with no where to put gigantic platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!AdamDined on 8/4/2014I visited the park for lunch with a dear friend of mine. The outdoorsy feel/scene was amazing and it was very relaxing. The food was very delicious and the service was very professional. I couldn't have asked for anymore. Highly Recommended.Special Features:
- innycvianjVIPDined on 8/3/2014Eaten here many times. Had a reservation. Waited over 45 minutes. Plenty of tables were open. Such a disappointed
- Terrible experienceStace11Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is beautiful and the food was good. However, the service was absolutely terrible! We had three different waiters throughout the course of the night (took 2.5 hours to have a simple dinner). We had to flag someone down to actually take our order and then wait 45 minutes for salads. No one ever checked to see how everything was or if we needed anything. I had to get up and ask the hostess to find our waiter so we could have the check and leave. He assured me he would take care of this himself right away. Fifteen minutes later our third waiter came over and brought the check of course in under a minute after we asked. We complained to the manager and he gave us his business card and said he hoped we'd come back.Special Features:
- GREATNESSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Everything about this place is amazing. The food at The Park appears simple, but the dishes have remarkable depth. The Park is known best for its range of great scenery, great food, and the reputation is well deserved. The food is fresh, and the staff and the staff are wonderful. A host of other goodies, including calamari, lamb meatballs, offering something for just about anyone. The Park is both clean and tidy—and the staff members there greeted my companions and me with smiles. I would thoroughly recommend The Park to anyone with a apitite for great american food. I know I'll certainly be returning soon.Special Features:
- better to look at then experiencesadcustomerDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful ambience however the service was not great at all. We had three Waiters and they did not introduce themselves at all. The first waiter rushed our drinks to the table. Didnt even seem like he wanted to be at work.5 mins later he tells us hes leaving because its the end of his shift and then brings another waiter. This one didnt introduce himself nor seemed pleasant or showed some type of enthusiasm to serve us. The waiter treated us as if wewerent high class enough to be there.We also waited very long for our food. The waiter was not knowledgeable of the serving sizes when asked. When we finally did get our food The serving sizes were really small.Highlydisappointed especially since i was taking my partner out for his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundFlukeDined on 7/26/2014My #1 favorite restaurant in New York City. I love this place. Fantastic ambience. Spacious. Always a great experience. Ive moved from nyc, but always come here every summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I loved everything about the park except for the quality of our meals. The food was charred on the outside and not well cooked on the inside. There was also a lack of flavor especially with the salmon. The side orders however were fine. I would return for cocktails but not for a meal.Special Features:
- drwhoDined on 7/19/2014Nice brunch and lunch menus , good food and portions , reasonably priced . The staff was friendly and accommodating. We were not rushed,nor were we ignored. Visually beautiful environment and it's right by the Highline. Next time I'd like to try dinner.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, lousy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Disappointing, the food was uninteresting, mediocre flavors. Nice atmosphere and enjoyed sitting in the outdoor garden. Could be a fun place to dine, but they need to improve the food. The veggie burger was inedible, mushy and tasteless. Flatbread with 5 salads was uninteresting and the salads were average. The waiter was fine but the hostesses were unfriendly and
- Pretty, but that's all.NYorkieGirlDined on 7/18/2014I've passed this place a gazillion times and it's so pretty...I had to try it. The food is terrible. I ordered a hummus and avocado sandwich. There was no discernible hummus. Just a smear of avocado...and whole nuts of some kind. The nuts were not in the menu description. Can you imagine?!Special Features:
- Delicious, but timelyNikkiVWVIPDined on 7/18/2014A group of 5 of us went for lunch and while the food was good, the service was not. Could have been a fluke, but our waiter disappeared for long periods of time. We'd ask for something (water, sweetener for ice tea, mustard) and it would take almost 10 mins for him to return with it. Very inattentive.Special Features:
- Service cutting cornersalexjohnsonVIPDined on 7/17/2014The Park comes into its own at this time of year, and it doesn't hold itself out as gourmet destination. Nevertheless, this was a slightly disappointing visit. The menu had the "wrong" wine and hadn't been updated. Being asked to recycle the cutlery between courses is just poor anywhere short of a food truck, and then forgetting to bring cutlery at all for deserts just says that too many corners are being cut with bussing. We served our wine ourselves, and veggie burgers were very obviously out of a frozen packet. It's still a fun place and I will go back, but these sorts of things, while minor in themselves, make you wonder if the same choices are being made in the kitchen. Try harder Park - we like you but we've noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location + AmbiancelolitaDined on 7/17/2014Lovely!! I took my husband and in - laws there for dinner. It was just perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatfoodfutureDined on 7/12/2014The setting is lovely and great any time of year. We got out table while still waiting for friends to arrive. Service was prompt and most of all everyone loves their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting placestevecorsoDined on 7/9/2014This restaurant's decor is really interesting, no matter which room you choose to dine in. The service was very good as was the meal, although our group settled for small plates and I cannot comment on the larger entrees. What we did have was very good--the lamb meatballs, mussels and personal pizza which I shared with my wife were excellent. I would very much recommend a trip to "The Park".Special Features:
- pretty place by High Line!PattiJoDined on 7/9/2014Lovely indoor/outdoor setting. Good food. Service can be a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK, serveice needs some helptcruzinDined on 7/5/2014We had a large party that was quickly accommodated. Food was good, not fantastic. Calimari apetizer sold and chicken milanesa very good. Service, although attentive, left much to be desired. Waitress was brusk, and the man who helped clear dishes at various points in the meal was beyond rude, reaching over and under me multiple times while I was attempting to pour drinks or pass food. Really very annoying and disruptive. This is the second time we have been here - will look for another place in this area next time.Special Features:
- Loved the outdoor diningshahowDined on 7/5/2014Had a table looking out at the highline, such a different place for the city. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the Garden at the ParkRprjr1211VIPDined on 7/1/2014If your down near the Highline, make your way to The Park. The outdoor garden area is visually pleasing and comfortable. Food was far from ordinary. The gnudi was full of flavor. Half portions are available so you can try a number of offerings. Interesting drink specials make this a place where you'll be able to find something to eat and drink. Don't pass on dessert either.Special Features:
- unexpected treasure!barbaraDined on 6/28/2014I had been to The Park a while ago and had an OK brunch. This time the menu seemed changed for the better. I loved the French Toast which was very sweet and the mango mimosa. The others who were with me were also pleased with their choices. My husband had pulled pork with poached eggs and sweet potato hash which he loved. Our friend had eggs, sausage and toast which he liked. In addition it was quiet there not boisterous at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding AmbiancesoquelDined on 6/28/2014I've been to The Park twice now - once for drinks and the second for food. What keeps me coming back is the ambiance! The style, greenery, the music is so unique - I love being there!Special Features:
- So pretty!Kristina421Dined on 6/27/2014I love all of the trees inside! Very cool atmosphere! Yummy drinks and food and right by Chelsea market! Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.