118 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theparknyc.com/
- Phone: 2123523313
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 5pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday 5:00pm - 12:00am Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from The Park
The Park stands out from the rest. This hip spot in the heart of the meatpacking district is bound to impress even the most jaded of the New York elite. Each room evokes a different theme--from the rainforest-style dining room to the Red Room infused with Asian aesthetic. The dining room encircles an immense cluster of bamboo, with other tropical plants stand strategically placed. The organic nature of the setting is complimented splendidly by the healthy, adventurous dishes of new American cuisine on the menu. A glass enclosed Atrium offers a secluded and chic spot for any private event or party. The penthouse leads to a rooftop patio with a hot tub, also suited for social gatherings. In addition, a heated outdoor garden with Japanese maple trees gives diners the chance to enjoy the Park's distinct cuisine outside any time of year. Come to the Park and escape from the norm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Park reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (77)good for groups (73)great for brunch (64)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (48)great for lunch (47)scenic view (41)special occasion (39)vibrant bar scene (29)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (28)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (3)Show More
- service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2014The Park is always a special experience. The food is very good and tastes even better in the extraordinary space. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, food is goodjeszDined on 10/18/2014The ambiance is great, with the trees and large space and outdoor seating. Can be very romantic, too. The food is good - some dishes are absolutely delicious, others are merely good, not all are winners. But I'd be back for the ambiance!Special Features:
- slow servicecoloradogirlDined on 10/17/2014This was a neat looking restaurant. The food was pretty good, but the service was extremely slow. I ordered steak frites and they tried twice to give me a steak salad instead. I said "no, I ordered steak frites". 15 minutes later they tried to give me the same steak salad! I ended up eating long after the rest of the table was done eating, no apologies or compensation. The server would buzz by, look at our table and see the empty wine glasses, empty plates,etc. He never looked at us, let alone stop to see if we wanted anything. Another 15 minutes to wait for the bill, another 15 minutes for the credit card to come back. I wouldn't come back here.Special Features:
- A walk in the ParkJoniBeeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Lovely restaurant, the food was so disappointing! The gnocchi were the only good plate. Plates are pricy for the mediocre quality. Service was good, very pleasant ambiance. Seems they are noted for brunch and are a hot spot for late night partying. I doubt we'll try brunch after the disappointing dinner.Special Features:
- servicevkrm1101Dined on 10/12/2014Our waiter wasn't the best this time. In the pass they have been excellentSpecial Features:
- Great once you're theregigiDined on 10/12/2014We loved the food and the service was great. Only downfall was that I could not get a reservation for 6 online. Called twice and was sent to a voice mail where I left two messages and was never responded to. Therefore, I made 2 reservations-1 for 4 and 1 for 2- we were able to sit together - but inside only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to visit and entertainNMichelsonDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful ambience, reasonable prices, tasty good, leisurely pace of service I.e. not rushing you out the door, attentive service, We jad a great visit with old friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So prettyDK90Dined on 10/10/2014I brought my mom and sister here who were visiting from out of town and they loved it. The Park is a beautiful place to grab dinner and there are a lot of options for people who don't really like meat.Special Features:
- Choices & VariationsFoodHunter1Dined on 10/8/2014Of all the Chelsea NYC restaurants, Park offers a wide enough selection of dishes - something for conervos, vegaterians, and vegans. The enclosed garden space gives the diner an outdoor feeling. Bartender has a knack for making great cocktails. The service was efficient without making you feel the house needed to turn the tables. Table layout is good so diners are not in each other's conversation.Special Features:
- ababDined on 10/5/2014The service was very poor, from the waitress to the person bringing the food. we got bumped into several times during the meal and no one apologize. the hostess wasn't friendly at all when we got there. the food was barely ok, the burger was awful.
- Brightens the day!ErinawilsonDined on 10/4/2014I came here on a raining day and the ambiance immediately changed my mood! It literally seemed as if I was outside in a park. Service was excellent, it was quiet enough to hear conversation, but lively enough I felt like there was great energy in the whole restaurant. The food is very basic and wholesome, but I prefer this for breakfast. I love traditional breakfasts and it can be found here nestled in this cozy, comforting, nature inspired space! Five stars. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Service was mediocre and food not fresh. The space was pretty cool though and at mid day the place was quiet enough to hold a small business conversation.Special Features:
- beautiful indoor settingjojoDined on 9/27/2014love the ambience of this spot... looks like an outdoor area taken inside. the food is always dreamy and a delight. fun people.Special Features:
- pretty but not worth itushouldknowDined on 9/27/2014Really fell short of my expectations. From the moment we sat down to the moment we left. After sitting for 15 minutes, the manager had to come to take our order. The first banana bread that came over was hard the second was warm and soft. The mimosa was 90% OJ and 10% champagne. My eggs florentine was luke warm but edible. The waiter had a nice smile but that was it.Special Features:
- slow unacceptable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Waiter was good felt bad for him . He was given way to many tables due to low scheduling of servers. Management was clueless and not sorry for there faults. Drinks took 15 minutes each to come out when bar was 20ft away!Special Features:
- Very good !!!ManonDined on 9/13/2014Very nice restaurant. The pizzas are good. I recommend to stay for the night club after dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great dinner, great rooftop bar!JacqDined on 9/13/2014Always a fun time at The Park. I would recommend dinner then rooftop bar!Special Features:
- Bland food, cute interiorwannabefoodieDined on 9/13/2014Food was all over the place. The cheese platter was lacking anything of interest, and my dish had zero seasoning. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great decor horrible service!!BluevirgoDined on 9/6/2014Hostess was very accomadating with the lateness of my party. Once seated for dinner our first waiter was amazing!!!!! He was great energetic polite and full of life.. Once we received our new waiter due to a shift change service was downhill from there. Not once checking in. To see if we were ready nothing. I asked for the menu at which he gave after 15 i asked the. Didnt even wait to see WHAT i wanted. He then disaappered. Not only was reservations made for 8 and due to my late party was t seated until 9 however we did t eat until 10:15. And it wasnt even busy which was another thing i didnt understand.After speaking to management he spoke to the waiter. Service was better however very forced and with a snip attitude.Special Features:
- Nice StaffGentryDined on 9/3/2014The staff was amazing. Very nice peeps. I'll go back in a heart beat. Great ambiance with a sexy vibe.Special Features:
- Great garden diningNYCfeinschmeckerDined on 8/30/2014A huge, spacious location with very high ceilings that is visually very interesting. If you like outdoor dining, this is a great spot. The steak salad was excellent, the pasta was good but undistinguished.Special Features:
- Beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Attentive staff and delicious dining. Also beautiful to look at. The garden indoor/outdoor dining is my favorite part, lined with twinkly lights and trees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant but...alfresco44Dined on 8/29/2014...a bit disappointed in the food. My lamb was very salty and too spicy. My friend's steak sandwich was average. I love the restaurant and would go back to try another dish and certainly would recommend to friends because so close to High Line and very pretty place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Park!aparker22Dined on 8/23/2014The Park is such a different restaurant hidden in the middle of the city. The ambiance is beautiful and it is great for a date night. The food is amazing as well which makes it a 5 star restaurant :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor brunchMarkusDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful saturday brunch at the Park. The Chelsea hot spot is a former taxi garage converted to a hip outdoor locale. Host was attentive and very friendly, allowed me to request an outdoor table and accommodated my last minute request to change location. Our server was ultra professional and engaging. Curious busser/ ecpediter. Great personalities . Waffles and syrup were yummy. Great timing and delivery . See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food w/ an indoor viewFridaynighteatsDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our evening and food was very good. I ordered salmon and The Park is one of the few places that asked how I wanted it cooked. The dish, overall, was one of the best salmon dishes I've had in NYC. My only complaint is that I felt rushed. Three times we were asked if we were ready to have plates taken when it was pretty clear based on amount of food remaining that we were not. I know that servers/wait staff, etc make money on table turnover and this is something I always take into consideration when I tip, but I also believe that if I take the time to make a reservation, then a bigger 'window' should be allowed to enjoy a leisured dinner. I believe this speaks volumes about how salary for servers needs to be revamped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingIheartshoppingDined on 8/17/2014I don't really consider this outdoor dining, but it's better! You don't feel the AC and you are among trees and natural light, but you are in an atrium rather than street side. I love being outdoors but I don't like eating near the exhaust of cars and buses, nor being to close to passer-bys. So for me, The Park offers a very nice setting. The food is really good, although there was an odd looking brown square that came with my omelet. The waitress said it was their version of hash browns. It did not look appetizing so I didn't try it. Sorry if that's unfair to even mention. Very nice place...go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaddieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Good food, very reasonable, great service, wonderful place to have a party, loved the scenery, drinks were great, lots of appetizers to choose from but not enough of a selection of entrees ...great lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great space is not enoughnydinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014The main dining room and especially the garden are a draw for the atmosphere but unfortunately the good experience ends there. The service was curt and sporadic and the food took way to long to arrive (45 minutes after our appetizers were finished.) The main dishes (the chef's burger and the risotto) were disappointing. They tried so hard to be different and unique that it just ended up being interesting at best. Neither one of us finished our meal. To be fair, the chicken pate appetizer was very good which probably made the main dishes all the more disappointing. Probably won't go back which is too bad as it is one of the few places in Manhattan with enough space that you don't feel crowded.
- Nice restaurant.Z8361Dined on 8/14/2014It took our waitress a little bit of time to warm up to us. Service was a little slow. One thing that I really disliked was the fact that our appetizers, salad and entrée serve at the same time. I would not recommend the cheese platter. The Hummus and the Pizza were delicious. Drinks were on point. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off its peak in Prime TimeLuvNYCDined on 8/9/2014Came for dinner at the recommendation of a friend. Made an Open Table Reservation for 6:30 and were seated reasonably promptly. Sat outdoors in atrium. Took about 10 minutes after being seated until someone came acknowledged us or came to the table. Our waiter once he got there was friendly enough. Surprised at the limited menu. 2 pages of drinks - one page of food - 2/3's appetizers and burgers. Loved the atmosphere but dead leaves kept falling in our drinks and food. Glad we came. Not special enough to return. Other waitstaff seemed aggravated and unhappy to be working there.
- Outdoor gardenEnjoyedDined on 8/7/2014The Park has a beautiful garden space that is a great area to sit in during the summer. They also have a huge bar area with seating tucked away in the back if the garden - we saw a large party take over while we were there. A great venue for groups. The food was awesome - we had oysters, a wood fire pizza, and farroh rissoto, all Awesome. My only critique is that our food took close to 40 minutes after ordering and we were starved. They might have forgotten about us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tables too smalltablestoosmallDined on 8/6/2014Ridiculously tiny table for four with no where to put gigantic platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, mediocre foodjfoodhVIPDined on 8/4/2014Out of five of us, two of the orders were delayed by 15 minutes so we all ate at different times The food was average, nothing unusual Would not return
- I love this place!AdamDined on 8/4/2014I visited the park for lunch with a dear friend of mine. The outdoorsy feel/scene was amazing and it was very relaxing. The food was very delicious and the service was very professional. I couldn't have asked for anymore. Highly Recommended.Special Features:
- innycvianjVIPDined on 8/3/2014Eaten here many times. Had a reservation. Waited over 45 minutes. Plenty of tables were open. Such a disappointed
- Terrible experienceStace11Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is beautiful and the food was good. However, the service was absolutely terrible! We had three different waiters throughout the course of the night (took 2.5 hours to have a simple dinner). We had to flag someone down to actually take our order and then wait 45 minutes for salads. No one ever checked to see how everything was or if we needed anything. I had to get up and ask the hostess to find our waiter so we could have the check and leave. He assured me he would take care of this himself right away. Fifteen minutes later our third waiter came over and brought the check of course in under a minute after we asked. We complained to the manager and he gave us his business card and said he hoped we'd come back.Special Features:
- GREATNESSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Everything about this place is amazing. The food at The Park appears simple, but the dishes have remarkable depth. The Park is known best for its range of great scenery, great food, and the reputation is well deserved. The food is fresh, and the staff and the staff are wonderful. A host of other goodies, including calamari, lamb meatballs, offering something for just about anyone. The Park is both clean and tidy—and the staff members there greeted my companions and me with smiles. I would thoroughly recommend The Park to anyone with a apitite for great american food. I know I'll certainly be returning soon.Special Features:
- better to look at then experiencesadcustomerDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful ambience however the service was not great at all. We had three Waiters and they did not introduce themselves at all. The first waiter rushed our drinks to the table. Didnt even seem like he wanted to be at work.5 mins later he tells us hes leaving because its the end of his shift and then brings another waiter. This one didnt introduce himself nor seemed pleasant or showed some type of enthusiasm to serve us. The waiter treated us as if wewerent high class enough to be there.We also waited very long for our food. The waiter was not knowledgeable of the serving sizes when asked. When we finally did get our food The serving sizes were really small.Highlydisappointed especially since i was taking my partner out for his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundFlukeDined on 7/26/2014My #1 favorite restaurant in New York City. I love this place. Fantastic ambience. Spacious. Always a great experience. Ive moved from nyc, but always come here every summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.