The Park Steakhouse
151 Kinderkamack Road
Park Ridge, NJ 07656Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Park Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://theparksteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2019301300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John A. Halligan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Park Steakhouse also has two beautiful rooms for corporate/private parties from 10-80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cole 2019301300
A word from The Park Steakhouse
The Park Steakhouse has been receiving numerous accolades and awards since owners Chef John Halligan and Randy Carson opened its doors. The New York Times was quoted as "Unassuming Steakhouse is the Real Deal" and New Jersey Monthly Magazine awarded The Park Steakhouse, The number one steakhouse in Northern New Jersey by its readers in a yearly poll. The Park Steakhouse is a Modern American Steakhouse located in Park Ridge, New Jersey. Serving 21 day dry aged Certified Black Angus Sirloins and Porterhouses as well as a sumptuous selection of fresh seafood. The impeccable service and outstanding food are sure to impress friends as well as business associates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Park Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Park Ridge ›
The Park Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (26)romantic (20)good for groups (18)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fine EveningRobertDined on 10/22/2014High end restaurant that delivers on the promise. Great for a special occasion or romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hidden Gem in Park Ridge, NJDaisyDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant has excellent food and excellent service. I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014This place is great. The food is fantastic and matched by the service. We did all seafood but looking forward to returning for a great steak! BravoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steakmv27652Dined on 10/2/2014Big portions, great service, quiet, the steak was tender and prepared very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable place, great food.ElainaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been back to Park SH. It is a really nice restaurant and always enjoyable. We don't mind paying for high quality. This is our third time back to Park this year. The food is always very good. And love the option of organic chicken on the menu. Funny we go to a top rated steak house and don't order steak, but the menu is great with options. The Salmon is a great dish. Lobster bisque in also a favorite. Up stairs can be crowded and noisy, but the service was always great. This time we were seated downstairs. While it was much quieter, the service wasn't great. We waited very long for dinner, desert and then the check. It seemed like our waiter was always upstairs. The food was very good, as usual.
- A ClassicCookingagainDined on 9/23/2014The Park has always been a go to for a special occasion or to cure a craving for quality meats and seafood. It did not dissapoint. Excellent East Coast Oysters with homemade vinegar mignonette, deliciuos Lamb and the beat goes on....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always the bestprm8VIPDined on 9/13/2014Whenever my wife and I are celebrating something, or just in the mood to go to a great place, the Park is the place. We have never had a bad experience at this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Small but not intimate dining room. Tables close together. Service was only fairSpecial Features:
- Great anniversary treat!FoodiecoupleDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went to the Park Steakhouse for our wedding anniversary and couldn't be more pleased. The food was delicious, atmosphere nice and pleasant and the staff's service was flawless. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as usualmigpooVIPDined on 9/5/2014everything was very good, it was a pleasure to see Scott & Diane again! we brought our 2 friends with us and they enjoyed the meal very much.Special Features:
- Great spot for the area!NYCfoodieDined on 9/5/2014We came in from the city for a client lunch, and this was a really nice choice - great service, great menu, great wine. The room is nice but really nothing special (typical steakhouse), however the bar was pretty impressive! I ordered the Chopped Steakhouse Salad with steak which was good, however pretty ordinary, but everyone else's food was delicious. I recommend the Octopus Salad - it was an awesome app to start with! I will say though, this is known more as a dinner spot - it was pretty quiet for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and over priced2beeorknotDined on 8/31/2014Went to celebrate my birthday, had a great meal here a year ago, sadly, much has changed. The service was Ok, very loud group dining next to us. The food was fair at best, standard. not worth the money. We left extremely disappointed, will not return.
- Pricey But Excellent Food2cre8Dined on 8/16/2014The Park Steakhouse is an excellent choice for the steak and seafood lover! The appetizers were equally delicious! We sat upstairs and had a corner seat which was perfect for the 6 of us. The noise level was moderate which was refreshing and the ambience reflected a high-end restaurant. The drinks are pretty pricey, however I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceArizona35Dined on 8/15/2014Food, service , ambience was all mediocre. It is no where near a steak house quality one would expect with their menu prices
- Three out of four dinners=thumbs upKnifeandforkonthegoDined on 8/9/2014Appetizers and drinks were excellent. However one main course did not meet the diner's expectation. The staff replaced the main course with another and the diner was all smiles again. The service was cordial and the evening ended on a happy note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal evermarlenaDined on 8/9/2014While the Caesar salad was just ok, I got the hangar steak with chimmichuri sauce. Easily the best steak I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great food, but service a bit offOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014We go to Park Steakhouse from time to time and have always been very happy. The menu variety and food quality were again awesome, but it seemed that by 9:30 the wait staff pretty much gave up for the night on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Steak at it's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014This restaurant is a find. From appetizer to dessert,try their soufflé ,the only other restaurant that can. Cook a welldone steak is in BurmudSpecial Features:
- CONSISTENTLY GREATHappyDinerDined on 7/25/2014THE FOOD, THE SERVICE, AND THE AMBIENCE ARE CONSISTENTLY GREAT!! A FANTASTIC RESTAURANT CLOSE TO HOME!! NEVER, EVER A LETDOWN!!Special Features:
- Steakhouse?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014If you want a good steak, Park Steakhouse is not the place. I had the 24 oz Porterhouse for $53.00. Way overpriced for a 1/2" to 3/4" thick tasteless piece of meat. The staff did offer a full refund and was very accommodating. I refused and finished the steak. The rest of the food was mediocor at best.
- The following 240 reviews are from the The Park Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Best game in townmss22VIPDined on 6/21/2014Always top notch consistent service & food. Friendly and comfortable from management to wait staff. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- excellent alwaysprm8VIPDined on 6/14/2014Greatest waiters are food in this place. And the food is always excellent. I love this place...always consistent and flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantdebdonDined on 6/14/2014Really enjoyed our first visit to The Park Steakhouse....we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- RmayRq1234Dined on 6/11/2014Usually very good, this time food was subpar and service was unacceptable
- Exceptional!LisaVIPDined on 5/30/2014This was our first visit & our expectations were exceeded. The atmosphere was lovely. The service was friendly and professional. The food was superb. For app's we had a very nice chopped salad & the pork belly, for dinner we had sea bass & short ribs, and for dessert we had chocolate souffle. All of the food was expertly prepared, beautifully seasoned, and absolutely delicious. We heard several nearby patrons raving about their food, as well. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- always a pleasuremigpooVIPDined on 5/29/2014the clam and mussel appetizer was delicious, the pieces of bread in with the dish were seasoned very nicely. the tower as always was delicious. the cocktail and wine were excellent and the dessert, was great, the little Italian donuts. both Scott and Diane were charming as usual.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014Although the restaurant was nearly empty on a week night, service was not what would have been expected. Sirloin steak was slightly above average and the fish special had a fishy taste. Expected more for the price.
- Great steakmitchVIPDined on 5/23/2014If you have a jones for a well prepared, good cut of meat, you won't be disappointed at Park Steakhouse. The NY Strip was cooked and served to perfection and although they didn't let me substitute mashed for the shoestring that came with the steak, the mashed were fresh and delicious. Definitely a do over!Special Features:
- Foodie2Dined on 5/14/2014The food was absolutely delicious. Everything was cooked and brought out to perfection. Desserts were delicious as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2014I used to frequent this place for business some years ago. Went there for an anniversary dinner and this place is still top notch. We had a wonder dinner and were treated especially nice.Special Features:
- We keep going backAnnieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Restaurant was awesome as usual. We keep returning and they have the best porterhouse steak for two in NJ.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014I have been to park steakhouse several times. the atmosphere is relaxed. service is attentive without feeling rushed. food is always very good from the steaks to the sea food. If you want to impress someone this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseMlasserVIPDined on 5/2/2014Have not been there in 13 years but decided to go because the appetizers seemed unique and desserts seemed good. One couple with us just shared appetizers and I have to say all we tried were amazing, especially the sliders, scallop with foie gras, lobster tacos just to name a few. Desserts were also very very good, different than the normal steakhouse which is a good thing. The only thing that disappointed was the steak itself, we shared a porterhouse for 2, it was dry and cooked beyond medium, was tough and didn't have much flavor. At $84 and being a steakhouse I would have expected more. I will return but will do as the other couple did and share several of the amazing appetizers.Special Features:
- Birthday giftOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We chose to go to The Park to celebrate my birthday. We have gone there before , usually on a week night to celbrate a special occasion. This was Saturday night , and it was pretty crowded. We were in between the early birds leaving and the next group of folks waiting. Although we had a reservation for 8:30 we were pushed back some, but the staff was very supportive and provided alternatives, we were happy staying at the bar and having a drink. Finally when the table was ready, the offered us a round of drinks on the house, which we were appreciative, and it also made the night a little more special. Thanks to the professional team , from the waiters, bartender, and entire staff for a great night - food was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Steakhouse always deliversJTnJHDined on 4/24/2014Don't go to the Park Steakhouse very often but several times a year and it always delivers. Starting off with an ice cold martini helps. Food is always delicious and service is generally top notch. I would recommend Park Steakhouse to anyone.Special Features:
- A disappointing experienceNJgourmetDined on 4/18/2014We've been going to the Park Steakhouse for year and have had good initial experiences. This time around, we were 5 and when we arrived we were quickly showed to our table. We started with the steakhouse salad, which this time was off. Previous times, were really enjoyed it - but this night it was off. As for the mains we all ordered steaks. A couple of filet mignons, a hanger steak and a cowboy (bone-in rib-eye). When we were served 4 of the steaks arrived on one time - but the hanger steak was MIA. It arrived 5 minutes later. We then discovered two of the steaks were undercooked. All in all - a very disappointing experience and no proper response by the restaurant. We will not be back.
- Surpassed expectationsCIA1980Dined on 4/12/2014I had a reservation on a Saturday night, the person I was meeting was slightly late. The host was more than pleasant about the delay which really started the evening off well. Things just got better after that, the food was wonderful and the wait staff was truely professional. My only wish is that I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuesday nightDavepegDined on 4/1/2014First time visit for husband's birthday. Only a few tables were busy. Waitstaff was excellent. Steaks were perfect, sides were good,not great. Food arrived very hot. Great wine. dessert on the house for birthday. A great place for a special meal, very expensive, we knew that when going. Save it for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoritemss22VIPDined on 3/29/2014Great food & service. Cordial & friendly management. Scot, the manager, does a fine job. we always have a great dining experience at The Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience,2poodlesDined on 3/8/2014Excellent dining experience, excellent steaks. Great food and service.... Did not rush us through our meal. Extremely courteous staff ..will definitely be coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.