The Park Steakhouse
151 Kinderkamack Road
Park Ridge, NJ 07656Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Park Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://theparksteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2019301300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John A. Halligan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Park Steakhouse also has two beautiful rooms for corporate/private parties from 10-80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cole 2019301300
A word from The Park Steakhouse
The Park Steakhouse has been receiving numerous accolades and awards since owners Chef John Halligan and Randy Carson opened its doors. The New York Times was quoted as "Unassuming Steakhouse is the Real Deal" and New Jersey Monthly Magazine awarded The Park Steakhouse, The number one steakhouse in Northern New Jersey by its readers in a yearly poll. The Park Steakhouse is a Modern American Steakhouse located in Park Ridge, New Jersey. Serving 21 day dry aged Certified Black Angus Sirloins and Porterhouses as well as a sumptuous selection of fresh seafood. The impeccable service and outstanding food are sure to impress friends as well as business associates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Park Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Park Ridge ›
The Park Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)romantic (15)notable wine list (14)good for groups (8)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Pricey But Excellent Food2cre8Dined on 8/16/2014The Park Steakhouse is an excellent choice for the steak and seafood lover! The appetizers were equally delicious! We sat upstairs and had a corner seat which was perfect for the 6 of us. The noise level was moderate which was refreshing and the ambience reflected a high-end restaurant. The drinks are pretty pricey, however I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceArizona35Dined on 8/15/2014Food, service , ambience was all mediocre. It is no where near a steak house quality one would expect with their menu prices
- Three out of four dinners=thumbs upKnifeandforkonthegoDined on 8/9/2014Appetizers and drinks were excellent. However one main course did not meet the diner's expectation. The staff replaced the main course with another and the diner was all smiles again. The service was cordial and the evening ended on a happy note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal evermarlenaDined on 8/9/2014While the Caesar salad was just ok, I got the hangar steak with chimmichuri sauce. Easily the best steak I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great food, but service a bit offOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014We go to Park Steakhouse from time to time and have always been very happy. The menu variety and food quality were again awesome, but it seemed that by 9:30 the wait staff pretty much gave up for the night on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Steak at it's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014This restaurant is a find. From appetizer to dessert,try their soufflé ,the only other restaurant that can. Cook a welldone steak is in BurmudSpecial Features:
- CONSISTENTLY GREATHappyDinerDined on 7/25/2014THE FOOD, THE SERVICE, AND THE AMBIENCE ARE CONSISTENTLY GREAT!! A FANTASTIC RESTAURANT CLOSE TO HOME!! NEVER, EVER A LETDOWN!!Special Features:
- Steakhouse?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014If you want a good steak, Park Steakhouse is not the place. I had the 24 oz Porterhouse for $53.00. Way overpriced for a 1/2" to 3/4" thick tasteless piece of meat. The staff did offer a full refund and was very accommodating. I refused and finished the steak. The rest of the food was mediocor at best.
- Best game in townmss22VIPDined on 6/21/2014Always top notch consistent service & food. Friendly and comfortable from management to wait staff. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- excellent alwaysprm8VIPDined on 6/14/2014Greatest waiters are food in this place. And the food is always excellent. I love this place...always consistent and flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantdebdonDined on 6/14/2014Really enjoyed our first visit to The Park Steakhouse....we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- RmayRq1234Dined on 6/11/2014Usually very good, this time food was subpar and service was unacceptable
- Exceptional!LisaDined on 5/30/2014This was our first visit & our expectations were exceeded. The atmosphere was lovely. The service was friendly and professional. The food was superb. For app's we had a very nice chopped salad & the pork belly, for dinner we had sea bass & short ribs, and for dessert we had chocolate souffle. All of the food was expertly prepared, beautifully seasoned, and absolutely delicious. We heard several nearby patrons raving about their food, as well. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- always a pleasuremigpooVIPDined on 5/29/2014the clam and mussel appetizer was delicious, the pieces of bread in with the dish were seasoned very nicely. the tower as always was delicious. the cocktail and wine were excellent and the dessert, was great, the little Italian donuts. both Scott and Diane were charming as usual.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014Although the restaurant was nearly empty on a week night, service was not what would have been expected. Sirloin steak was slightly above average and the fish special had a fishy taste. Expected more for the price.
- Great steakmitchVIPDined on 5/23/2014If you have a jones for a well prepared, good cut of meat, you won't be disappointed at Park Steakhouse. The NY Strip was cooked and served to perfection and although they didn't let me substitute mashed for the shoestring that came with the steak, the mashed were fresh and delicious. Definitely a do over!Special Features:
- Foodie2Dined on 5/14/2014The food was absolutely delicious. Everything was cooked and brought out to perfection. Desserts were delicious as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2014I used to frequent this place for business some years ago. Went there for an anniversary dinner and this place is still top notch. We had a wonder dinner and were treated especially nice.Special Features:
- We keep going backAnnieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Restaurant was awesome as usual. We keep returning and they have the best porterhouse steak for two in NJ.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014I have been to park steakhouse several times. the atmosphere is relaxed. service is attentive without feeling rushed. food is always very good from the steaks to the sea food. If you want to impress someone this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseMlasserVIPDined on 5/2/2014Have not been there in 13 years but decided to go because the appetizers seemed unique and desserts seemed good. One couple with us just shared appetizers and I have to say all we tried were amazing, especially the sliders, scallop with foie gras, lobster tacos just to name a few. Desserts were also very very good, different than the normal steakhouse which is a good thing. The only thing that disappointed was the steak itself, we shared a porterhouse for 2, it was dry and cooked beyond medium, was tough and didn't have much flavor. At $84 and being a steakhouse I would have expected more. I will return but will do as the other couple did and share several of the amazing appetizers.Special Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the The Park Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Birthday giftOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We chose to go to The Park to celebrate my birthday. We have gone there before , usually on a week night to celbrate a special occasion. This was Saturday night , and it was pretty crowded. We were in between the early birds leaving and the next group of folks waiting. Although we had a reservation for 8:30 we were pushed back some, but the staff was very supportive and provided alternatives, we were happy staying at the bar and having a drink. Finally when the table was ready, the offered us a round of drinks on the house, which we were appreciative, and it also made the night a little more special. Thanks to the professional team , from the waiters, bartender, and entire staff for a great night - food was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Steakhouse always deliversJTnJHDined on 4/24/2014Don't go to the Park Steakhouse very often but several times a year and it always delivers. Starting off with an ice cold martini helps. Food is always delicious and service is generally top notch. I would recommend Park Steakhouse to anyone.Special Features:
- A disappointing experienceNJgourmetDined on 4/18/2014We've been going to the Park Steakhouse for year and have had good initial experiences. This time around, we were 5 and when we arrived we were quickly showed to our table. We started with the steakhouse salad, which this time was off. Previous times, were really enjoyed it - but this night it was off. As for the mains we all ordered steaks. A couple of filet mignons, a hanger steak and a cowboy (bone-in rib-eye). When we were served 4 of the steaks arrived on one time - but the hanger steak was MIA. It arrived 5 minutes later. We then discovered two of the steaks were undercooked. All in all - a very disappointing experience and no proper response by the restaurant. We will not be back.
- Surpassed expectationsCIA1980Dined on 4/12/2014I had a reservation on a Saturday night, the person I was meeting was slightly late. The host was more than pleasant about the delay which really started the evening off well. Things just got better after that, the food was wonderful and the wait staff was truely professional. My only wish is that I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuesday nightDavepegDined on 4/1/2014First time visit for husband's birthday. Only a few tables were busy. Waitstaff was excellent. Steaks were perfect, sides were good,not great. Food arrived very hot. Great wine. dessert on the house for birthday. A great place for a special meal, very expensive, we knew that when going. Save it for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoritemss22VIPDined on 3/29/2014Great food & service. Cordial & friendly management. Scot, the manager, does a fine job. we always have a great dining experience at The Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience,2poodlesDined on 3/8/2014Excellent dining experience, excellent steaks. Great food and service.... Did not rush us through our meal. Extremely courteous staff ..will definitely be coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint feel and great menuMangia4EverDined on 2/28/2014The Park Steakhouse has such a great menu you will want everything. The seafood is just as good as the steak. The scallops with foie gras are legendary but we tried raw oysters and little necks and they were perfectly fresh and sweet. The chopped salad was a nice lighter salad with blue cheese crumbles but I would have preferred a different salad if the server described it better to me when I asked the difference between it and the bib. The flavors of the fish special with risotto with leeks and a lobster butter sauce and kale were so good I ate every bite. Salmon skin was not crispy though. The cowboy steak is great, make sure you get it medium or it gets too charred on the outside. Get the ENGLISH TOFFEE PUDDING CAKE! Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryLalaDined on 2/22/2014We had a really nice dinner. Had seafood tower, salad and steak. Food prepared on point. Wine recommendation from bartender was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was not prime;althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014Steak was not prime;although the price Was prime.guess one has to cross GWB To get prime.Avoir Nj
- Food was excellent. Food runnersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent. Food runners and bussers were very nice. Waitress was not that friendly. Seemed overwhelmed and felt like she forgot about us. Sat for twenty minutes waiting for food to be cleared and coffe to offered. She was much more attentive to other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!mdm0910Dined on 2/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed our food and wine very much! We will be back!Special Features:
- Great dateJohnDined on 1/24/2014My girlfriend and I have been very busy. We wanted to go out for dinner and decided on Park Steakhouse. We had a very good social and dining experience. We were able to have meaningful conversation without having to shout while enjoying top notch food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceprm8VIPDined on 1/24/2014Place is a favorite of mine. The food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my "special occasion"914guyDined on 1/16/2014Enjoyed my "special occasion" night out with my wife. We wanted to go somewhere different and be treated to a special dinner. We got both, just not to the degree you would expect. The ambience and service was perfect. Really don't think you could ask for better without it being uncomfortable. The food was good, just not as good as the restaurant's reputation. There are other near by Bergen County restaurant's that I would gladly visit for our next "special occasion", and know I'll enjoy the food more, and, pay a little less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.mss22VIPDined on 1/4/2014The manager, Scott, and the staff made sure we had a wonderful birthday experience for my wife. We always come back.Special Features:
- We dine at the park quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/3/2014We dine at the park quite often and always have a great experience. Never have we been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great date spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013The interior was nicely decorated. Food very good and innovative..... I had the special salad w apples, figs, pears, candied walnuts , blueberries which was outstanding and my date loved his duck and zeppoles.Special Features:
- Business As Usual?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013My first visit was taking a client's family for dinner. First sign of trouble - my wife could not find any credible pieces of octopus in the "grilled octopus" appetizer. The waitress poked around the overly abundant sausage slices insisting that there was octopus "in there". We sent it back. She should have just done that without trying to prove the customer wrong. Downhill from there. Three surf and turf dinners came out with the meat at room temperature. All 3 were sent back. So we ate in shifts - three guests ate their meals while three of us waited for ours. Once they were done, our meals were re-served. There were no apologies or accommodations from the manager, as if this was business as usual. I know 6 people who won't be back.