The Park Restaurant
1400 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Park Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thepark1400sunset.com/
- Phone: 2134829209
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Monday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm; Tuesday: 6:00pm - 9:45pm; Friday: 6:00pm - 9:45pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Siegel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Most of our menu items can be prepared in 1/2 tray or full tray portions, please call for details & pricing.
A word from The Park Restaurant
A friendly neighborhood bistro offering an eclectic seasonal menu with something for everyone including omnivore, vegetarian & vegan options. Open 7 days for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch - closed in the afternoons between services. In addition to our seasonal dinner menu we offer great nightly specials plus a very reasonable selection of beers & wines from around the world. Corkage $10 per bottle for wine only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
The Park Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Echo Park ›
The Park Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (36)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (22)good for groups (11)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good eats!kariotakiDined on 8/25/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our food at the Park. If you don't already know that Echo Park is an "iffy" area, you'll find out if you come here or visit the neighborhood. Parking is also very difficult. I hope this place makes it because the the food and service were really great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently surprisingSaybrookGrantDined on 8/19/2014Some restaurants are great at a few things, but The Park seems to do everything well. Southern fried chicken, fish tacos, lamb kabobs, BBQ, Jidori chicken, brisket -- they're all amazing. All of those things aren't on the menu every day, but that's a reason to go back.Special Features:
- Perfect eats before Dodger stadiumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We selected this place before teh Paul McCartney cancert and it was spot on! Nice dinner for a nice price - GREAT service and we literally could have walked to Dodger stadium. Only problem....parking was quite a hike up the hill.Special Features:
- Lunch Pork Belly Banh MiNessajVIPDined on 8/8/2014Came in for lunch the other day. I hear the Chef is working on a new lunch menu, and I am glad as I feel the sandwiches need some updating (at least for my taste). I had the Banh Mi, which came with Pork Belly, some carrots, an aioli/mayo of sorts, cilantro, all on a baguette. The mistake I made was not reading the whole description of the sandwich, which indicated it had Pork Belly. I enjoy pork, but I do not enjoy the layers and layers of fat pork belly has with very little meat. This was not The Park's fault, and I should have been more sharp. When trying to find a sandwich though, I feel the lunch is limited in creativity and doesn't represent The Park like how their dinners do. Service was top notch, and I do intend to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014The Park is that neighborhood gem that you are always looking for. They keep the menu interesting and I've loved everything I've had there. Service is always friendly and the atmosphere is great! I've been going since they first opened and it just keeps getting better!Special Features:
- Good foodPickyeaterDined on 8/2/2014I like the restaurant. No waiting. Accepts reservation. The only thing about it , there is no parking and I have to park in the nearby residential area and a walk up hill to get my car !!!Special Features:
- Good, but not great.pickyaboutrestaurantsDined on 7/27/2014Given some of the reviews, I was a little disappointed. Everyone's food was good, but I was expecting more. The restaurant is small, so making reservations was a good idea, especially for our group of eight. But the floor is tile and the sound really reverberates, so I had a terrible time hearing anything at the table (which is generally not an issue for me). We probably won't be going back unless we need a place to eat down the street from Dodger Stadium. But I wouldn't make a special trip.Special Features:
- New FindTeriBVIPDined on 7/19/2014I was looking for something interesting with a food rating on Zagat of 24 or higher, where we could go on to the Greek Theater from there without a huge effort (15-minute drive), and found The Park Restaurant. I'm stunned that I didn't know about this restaurant with the many Dodger games we attend! We had a delicious dinner, found the menu to have many options that are not run-of-the-mill, and the server was just lovely. They accommodated our request for a bit larger table after we told them we weren't going to staying for more than just a quick bite. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did it againMimiVIPDined on 7/15/2014This restaurant blows my mind. The food is amazing. Buttermilk fried chicken was the best ever. Savory strawberry rhubarb tart was delicious and surprising. And the general atmosphere is like a party. Every table having fun. And as one of our party said, "Everyone here seems like I would want to be friends with them". Bravo Chef Josh. The Park is a gem. Shhhh.Special Features:
- What a gem!!ScallywagkweenDined on 7/8/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant. We went here prior to going to the Pantages. It's not far and they got us taken care of in time even though we arrived late. The Tuesday Prix Fixe special is such a great deal for such a nice plate with soup or salad and dessert to boot. For only $20 is fantastic. The waiter/pseudo-owner Rob is so attentive and full of information and suggestions to help narrow down your wine and food selections. He does such a great job!! We had the chicken piccata and the mushroom risotto. Both were very good. The wines made the meal. Ancient Peaks '11 was the best.Special Features:
- Great new specialSaybrookGrantDined on 7/1/2014We've had The Park's brisket and the pot roast is just as amazing. The food isn't at all weird, but a bit unexpected in a great way. Chef Josh pays so much attention to every aspect of the meal and every dish is memorble.Special Features:
- Another chanceYummyDined on 6/30/2014We got the sushi, which was a disappointment. Service was slow. I will try it again though as several friends have recommended it.
- winedamselDined on 6/27/2014Friday night supper is a great deal: 3 courses for $25. I had the chile relleno, polenta and butterscotch pudding, all were fabulous! The Sechuan calamari was not crispy and was too chewy, but it had good flavor. Parking is a problem.Special Features:
- Very Tasty!Foodie135Dined on 6/22/2014Wonderful little place to go to. Food is phenomenal and the service was great. Definitely recommend it for couples or small groups.Special Features:
- Monday Night SushiNessajVIPDined on 6/16/2014Came in to dine for their Monday Night Sushi Special. They have a selection of sushi rolls for $5 and vegetarian ones for $4. The sushi was very delicious, with quantity and presentation basically identical to how you would find it at a typical sushi restaurant...except you aren't paying $12 a roll. You won't find any 'out of the ordinary' rolls, just the basics that most people know and love, such as Rainbow Rolls, Spider Rolls, Spicy Tuna, etc. All of the non-veg ones are fantastic. For example, the Rainbow Roll came complete with 8-10 pieces and with all the same fixings you see at sushi restaurants. I can't comment on the vegetarian ones since I didn't try any. FYI, selection is limited to about 5-6 non-veg rolls, and 4 veg rolls.Special Features:
- Spectacular Specials7692FVIPDined on 6/14/2014My wife, she likes soft-shell crab, they kinda creep me out. Solution? When The Park offers a special that piques your interest, go! Last night their special entrée was a lightly battered soft-shell crab with a flavorful yet subtle smoked tomato butter along with grilled cauliflower salad. She loved it and I loved the tomato butter. For me? Manila clams steamed in the most amazing clam broth I've ever had, deep with flavor, but not overwhelming the sweet, delicate, delicious clams. They generously gave me another piece of charred bread to soak up every drop of broth! This was a generous appetizer dish that with the addition of their butter lettuce salad made a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fineSaybrookGrantDined on 6/10/2014You always get a great meal at The Park. The place is small but the cooking is mighty.Special Features:
- 20$ Fixed PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014We enjoyed the fried chicken special. The Park does a fixed price dinner every Tuesday. You get a choice of soup or salad, meat or vegetable entre, and dessert. All of the food was excellent, came quickly and the service was great.Special Features:
- Always greatSLdinerDined on 6/3/2014As always the food was excellent and the Tuesday three-course dinner is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Park is one of the bestLordginVIPDined on 5/27/2014The Park remains one of the best restaurants in the city with great service and AMAZING food! We visit here quite frequently and have NEVER been disappointed with the food. Everything is fresh and flavorful and on Tuesdays we are treated to new creations! This week was the Lamb Mousaka which is better than anything I've had at any Greek restaurants! Thank you Rob for great service and thank you Josh for the best food ever!Special Features:
- Feels Like Home!dahaleDined on 5/24/2014Such a warm and welcoming neighborhood treasure! The food is stellar and creative. The experience is reasonably priced and service amiable and good. Such a pleasure to return to The Park!Special Features:
- MimiVIPDined on 5/17/2014Outstanding in every way. This chef is cooking extraordinary food. Everything on the menu is a wonderful culinary treat. It is worth a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/10/2014will return, excellent freshly prepared food, generous portions, very nice service, nice selection of French wines,very casual, only downside is finding parking on the hill by the restaurant with many apartments and houses nearby, so allow extra time for that. menu was very fun and eclecticSpecial Features:
- Still the best bites for the buckSaybrookGrantDined on 5/6/2014Sad, they increased the price of the Tuesday prix fixe menu, but it's still amazing. How does one little place serve killer fried chicken one week, melt in your mouth brisket the next and then amazing Baja-style tacos? I don't know how they do it, but they do do it.Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the The Park Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food-Service-DealsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014This place has great and great service. They also have different deals throughout the work.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I loved my food, my husband didn't :( We both agreed that the Rhubarb crisp and Vanilla ice-cream was amazing.Special Features:
- Good menu, nice flavors. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Good menu, nice flavors. Not otherworldly, but reliably delicious and a good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The ParkRobinVIPDined on 4/1/2014The food and cooking are always high quality. The atmosphere is chill. The clientele is wonderful. I love The Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !I LOVE THE PARK RESTAURANT!CkimDined on 3/30/2014BEST SERVICE! BEST FOOD! DOWN TO EARTH VIBES! The service is so amazing, they really care and pay attention to you! Also I have a gluten/dairy sensitivity and they were super accomodating about that!!!! I will never stop coming to the PARK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014This is an LA gem -- a true go-to restaurant for brunch or dinner. Great service on weekends and at night. Plenty of specials. High quality food, and an interesting menu. WE LOVE THE PARK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute neighborhood spotOkayDined on 3/23/2014Funky Echo Park restaurant. Szechuan fried calamari was different and yummy. Hangar steak was typical--teriyaki sauce was good; tempura broccoli was tasty--and I'm not a fan of tempura. Other family members were happy with their lobster pasta appetizer, pork chop entree and fried polenta entree. IMO, the Bourbon Butterscotch pudding was kind of tasteless; I tasted neither bourbon nor butterscotch. Apple tarte was chock full of almonds and super sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffFunndijDined on 3/22/2014Had a very pleasant experience, good food, close by, nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!KiannaDined on 2/22/2014I"ve never had a bad experience at The Park. I always order one of their fish entrees and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and valueSaybrookGrantDined on 2/18/2014The staff at The Park is well-organized in the kitchen and dining room. Everyone is pleasant and professional. The food is terrific, varied and well-presented. It's amazingly affordable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!chomperDined on 2/14/2014I went to the Park a couple days before valentines day and had the best meal I've had in a long time! I actually said the words "it's like a party in my mouth!".everything from appetizer to dessert was amazing. Each item was put together in a way I've never had before. I look at their chef as a scientist with food. We had such a good meal that we cancelled our original Valentine's Day plans to come here. Go try it and get anything on the menu to see what I'm talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been a long timechomperDined on 2/8/2014It's been a long time since I had a great dining experience like I did this night. Everything was perfect. I'm always looking for something different and my taste buds were having a party!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Innovative cuisine, informed service (ask for Anekke), unique and interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside Lunch in WinterNessajVIPDined on 1/28/2014Naturally, in the dead middle of winter it is perfectly appropriate to eat outside in the wonderful warmth of SoCal weather. Came in for lunch with an old friend since he had never been to The Park. Got the Lamb Gyro sandwich, and was very pleased with the decision. I was expecting strips of lamb, but it was more like ground lamb made into strips. Absolutely delicious. I was expecting some more tzatziki in the wrap, so I just asked some more on the side. I highly recommend asking for some tzatziki on the side, because it complimented the sandwich quite well. Again, The Park does not disappoint. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- Monday Night SushiNessajVIPDined on 1/21/2014I noticed there wasn't a lot of reviews for the Monday Night Sushi...so here one is! Here is the rundown. 5 different rolls, offered for $5 each, with another 3-4 vegetarian rolls offered for $4 each. I've never told a waiter/waitress I want to "order the whole menu" and mean it, but that is exactly what my fiance and I did! We said we'll take one of everything, and ended up getting 8 different rolls of sushi. Here's the breakdown: Each roll is 8 pieces, with the exception of the spider roll, which is 4, but is much larger in comparison. The rolls include typical rolls you find at 'typical' sushi joints, except for an amazing bargain. The chef formally worked at Sushi-Roku. Flavor was good, price is amazing, definitely worth a try.Special Features:
- Came in on a random SaturdayNessajVIPDined on 1/18/2014Came in on a random Saturday evening to give their Winter menu and weekend special items a shot. We enjoyed the Oxtail stew, the 'Seafood Linguine' weekend special with Manila clams, mussels, etc., and the 'Beef Salad' weekend special appetizer. Food, as always, amazing. The attention to detail for the balance of flavors going on in the "beef salad" was incredible. It took on a Thai influence, with a wonderful mix of vegetables and beef (shoulder < I asked waitress), and levels of spicy heat, sourness, and sweet. The Oxtail Stew was incredible, but not mind-blowing incredible. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a heart-warming dish to satisfy on a cold day. The Linguine special was executed perfectly. Seafood was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.