The Park Bistro & Bar
3287 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Park Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parkbistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 9252837108x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Sunday: 7:00am - 9:30am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Carpenter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Park Bistro & Bar
The Park Bistro & Bar showcases only the freshest, local and organically grown produce as well as naturally raised meats and line-caught fish. Executive Chef Adam Carpenter has created an approachable, yet inventive menu, presenting a French twist on American fare. With a wholesome and earthy quality, many dishes elevate “comfort” food. Natural light from the romantic inner fountain courtyard, intimate alcoves, a large communal table and versatile private dining spaces. Rustic stone floors, natural wood tables, leather seating and an original art program create a warm and inviting, yet grand and inspiring, space that will create the most memorable dining experience in Lafayette. The Park Bar overlooks the recently renovated covered patio with an adjacent outdoor terrace featuring two fire pits offering both dining and casual lounge seating year round. The Park Bar offers guests traditional bar fare, a selection of artisanal beers and wines by the glass, and classic cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Park Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
The Park Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (39)fit for foodies (36)great for brunch (33)romantic (32)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (22)notable wine list (14)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Lively, fun placeBethDined on 8/20/2014We always enjoy going to the Park Bistro and Bar. We had a terrific meal as usual. Unfortunatley we had a very poor waitress this particular time, but that has not been our experience in the past. It will not deter us from coming in the future, but we will try to avoid her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary's chickenpaws10Dined on 8/15/2014This entree was delicious. Meat was tender and moist, not dried out. Skin was crispy. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful restaurantHappyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Lovely dining area...food very good...server going through the motions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edv5Dined on 8/11/2014Food was very good. Service was professional but stuck in the past ('Good evening. My name is ..... I'm your server and i am going to take care if you tonight'), not personable, amd rather mechanical. The decor and overall ambiance are quite grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchnakoDined on 8/10/2014Best place for Sunday brunch We enjoyed food & service.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualBelgianBeerDined on 8/9/2014Nice to have a place where you enjoy a good meal and some good beer. They have Pliny the Elder on tap and Duvel in the bottle. Would be nice if they added some Barrel Aged stuff but you can't wish for too much. The food and service was excellent, atmosphere is always nice and the restaurant looks onto the Courtyard in which they had a wedding going on while we ate.Special Features:
- wonderful anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Everything about our experience was excellent and tailored to celebrating our anniversary. Every staff member was professional, yet warm and welcoming. We will return and highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- Very Good Food and ServiceLarryDined on 8/5/2014The quality and preparation of the food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- gordonVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our second time here, and it was excellent. I had the tuna and it was the best restaurant meal I have had in quite some time. I loved the unique way it was prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialLuv2EatVIPDined on 7/29/2014Not much different than when it was called the Duck Club. Food was good and friendly service, but nothing special. Next time better skip the reservation and just sit in the bistro open seating by the bar.Special Features:
- Ladies Birthday LunchCacsan77VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration here with good food and great service!Special Features:
- Enjoyed it.MartyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Six of us had a good dinner here. Salmon was great.Special Features:
- Beautiful place with excellent foodEasybayfoodDined on 7/19/2014The service was wonderful, the food was one of the best meals I've had out. I had the pressed Mary's chicken and it was absolutely fantastic. Our waiter was very attentive and kind, and the restaurant is gorgeous. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningEastBayDinerDined on 7/15/2014The Park Bistro is a great spot to dine with friends. We could actually hear each other and not have to shout. The prix fixe meal was delicious! I had Salmon, my husband the short ribs. Service was attentive, but not intrusive and the room temperature was comfortable. We'll definately come again.Special Features:
- Quality BreakfastFoodywithwineVIPDined on 7/13/2014They know how to do their eggs. It is a little pricey but it is nice to go somewhere quiet and with quality food, which makes the price worth it. The service was very attentive, I never had to ask for more coffee, they came by just often enough to keep it hot and not so much that they were annoying. I would recommend this place.
- Exceptional hotel restaurantRRRHVIPDined on 7/10/2014It is a lovely restaurant with a pretty setting. Wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- born2eatVIPDined on 7/9/2014When we arrived there was one booth out of four that was occupied so we asked for one of the others but were told they were reserved and were seated at a table. For the 1 1/2 hours we were there no one sat in any of the other three booths. This is a place we have been to many times so they know us. Maybe we won't be going back anytime soon.
- Much Better than the Duck ClubJeffVIPDined on 7/7/2014I'd not eaten at the Lafayette Park Hotel for years as the predecessor restaurant, The Duck Club, was so-so at best and way overpriced. The Park Bistro is still pretty pricey, but is better justified by the offerings. Food was excellent--I had the filet and it was cooked medium rare, as ordered, but was still hot in the center and was one of the best pieces of beef I'd had in memory. Side dishes were also excellent. Service was very efficient and friendly--perhaps a bit too casual for a restaurant at this level but that is an observation, not a complaint. I'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and Creative Main DisheslovegoodfoodDined on 6/23/2014We ate in the bar area, which was quiet and intimate. The onion soup was probably the best I have tasted in a long time. The Salmon was fresh and moist. There were some very interesting menu choices. The main dining room area has a more formal atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always therewombatDined on 6/23/2014Park Bistro doesn't close on Mondays and is always good. The wait staff is friendly; the food is fine and the valet parking is efficient. It's the kind of place one goes to without thinking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2014Our group of 4 had a leisurely lunch on the patio with great food, great waiter, and were able to hear each other without shouting. We all had a different entrée, were all pleased with our meals, and the crumble we shared for dessert was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabineDined on 6/15/2014The Bistro has been updated and now has a very nice patio area - the tent was removed. We were seated in one of the window alcolve in what used to be the Duck's Club. The food was excellent, we took the prix fixe menu. Service was good and overall the experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014I've now been here 2x and everything has been good - from the bread, to the appetizers, main courses and desserts. Service has also been consistently outstanding and I would highly recommend the Park Bistro as a neighborhood gem, suitable for special occasions or just a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Took some out-of-town guests from the Midwest who like classic fare and this was a perfect breakfast spot. Very reasonable prices considering the lovely atmosphere. Service was very friendly and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014Went to dinner with a friend at 5 on a Friday, and everything from start to finish was wonderful. We were seated at a quiet table in the dining area, our server was pleasant and attentive, and our food was outstanding. Our drinks were delicious, the mac and cheese appetizer was a great start to our meal, my filet mignon was perfectly cooked, and the creme brûlée was the best I've ever had. I would absolutely recommend this place to my friends, and I look forward to going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014My friends and I meet there for dinner once a month. Love it. You can even hear each other in the Duck Club.Special Features:
- Summer diningHotelhotspotDined on 6/9/2014The recent redecoration and the new menu were a pleasant surprise. We really enjoyed have dinner on the patio surrounded by a lovely garden and views of the hillside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014The service (Kim), rest of wait staff, and the food were all wonderful. Made it a very special occasion for us. Treated like VIP's start to finish.Special Features:
- deebeeDined on 6/3/2014The dishes we had were flavorful and delicious--and beautifully presented. The staff celebrated my husband's birthdays in unexpected ways that we really appreciated. Service was excellent, and we had a lovely booth. For all this, the price was quite reasonable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MommyMoDined on 6/1/2014The service was incredible and the food was all very fresh. Very generous brunch portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencemynjoDined on 5/31/2014The Bistro had a lovely atmosphere and excellent food. Highly recommend the calamari and warmed olives as appetizers....probably enough for 4. The two of us just couldn't stop eating them. The main course pork chop was outstanding. The service was excellent and I love the valet parking. Went early for a quiet special occasion meal, and it was.Special Features:
- Love2TravelVIPDined on 5/25/2014We were greeted by a smiling and friendly hostess, Bianca. She immediately made us feel welcome. Shelly was our outstanding waitress. Explained items on menu we questioned and always made it a point to check back with us during our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!AshlovesfoodDined on 5/23/2014The Park Bistro is a foodie's paradise. I recommend the mac&cheese, short rib and ahi options. Service was great and the wine selection was on point. Looking forward to returning very soon! The chef needs to keep doing what he's doing.Special Features:
- Special FindJohn22Dined on 5/18/2014The service was prompt, very helpful in suggestions. The menu is moderate but has all the essentials. Wine list is extensive. The food quality was very good, the portions are just right size. We were there on a Sunday for special occasion, so not a large crowd. Decor is fresh, and invites you in to a warming setting. Randy the server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to like it bettercbeckj24Dined on 5/18/2014I threw a small college graduation party for my son and my family here as it was close for our elderly relatives. Service was the issue. The waiter was nice, but he was serving too many tables. I had to pour champagne twice. No one ever took the cheese plates we had for our first course off the table, even after I asked. It took 30 minutes between salad to get our entrees. Someone took all my sister-in-laws silverware after her salad, and I had to chase down the waiter to get it. I had to chase him again get spoons at desert. Someone else's desert was served to us. The food was just okay, the meat was hot, but the sides were soggy as the plates sat too long in the kitchen. Who serves bread with an over easy egg on it to a group, anyway?Special Features:
- Not Bad, Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014I needed a quick reservation on a Friday night and The Park Bistro had openings. The hotel it sits in is very nice, great feel and atmosphere. Unfortunately the restaurant, while not bad by any means, doesn't carry the same theme inside. The food was pretty good - not worthy of 5 stars, but easily 4 or 4+. My main complaint was that the service was not all that great. We were left waiting for drink and food orders - just a little slow all around. A few times I found myself looking for the waiter to refill my drink. Basics for me at a restaurant are drink orders within 5 minutes of being seated and never an empty drink. They failed on both of these.
- Worth repeat visitsfoodie1001VIPDined on 5/16/2014Excellent drinks, stellar service, always many things to choose from. We miss some of the items from the old menu, but it's a new place with new things to try. Saw no kids but there was a large group on the patio and it seemed expertly handled. The atmosphere is extremely pleasant in spite of no scenic view. Two of us wanted to share several things and they split the plates with a really nice presentation. We had the beet salad, the French dip and the soup and sandwich combo, with butterscotch pudding and crème brûlée for dessert. The coffee was excellent. There is a prix fixe that we didn't try, but one day we will. This review reflects only a lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RE: Quality and A PleasurerockytonyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Seated for our reservation right on time. Menu was varied and accommodated every dinner's wants and tolerance. Wait staff was a bit unorganized never bringing bread until late in the meal. Person who took our order was quick, efficient and listened perfectly to those who had special needs. Food was delicious and portions were ample servings for all. Never saw so many "clean"plates are having eaten. Dining area was boxcar-like and diminished the warm of the room. Fine dining experience and would definitely will return.Special Features:
- Better Than Many "Steak" PlacesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014I've been to quite a few steak places in the Bay Area (Alexanders Cupertino/SF, Morton's, Ruth Chris, A5 etc) and I have to say, The Park was definitely better than A5. We had the braised short ribs, strip steak, and filet mignon and all of them were cooked to perfection, with good flavor and texture. Everything was great - from the bread, to the appetizers, to main courses, and finally the dessert! For dessert, they also have a table side sundae bar! Unfortunately, I was too full to try but for sure, the next time! I will certainly make The Park a go to place whether for a quick bite in the bar, a cozy dinner or for special occasions.Special Features:
- 30th Anniversary DinnerCody21Dined on 4/28/2014Had wanted to try this place - used to be the Duck Club .. They totally gutted it & renamed it Park Bistro. Usually very tough to get a reservation on special occasions (e.g., Valentines Day, Holidays, etc.). We had no problem getting a reservation for this date. The Bar was jumping when we arrived at 7:45 ... the restaurant was not. There were maybe 5 tables occupied. Food was pretty good, albeit expensive. The fried Calamari was excellent. ($39 for Filet Mignon with a small potato & lake bean side, Cocktails are $10-11, 1/2 bottle of pedestrian wine = $16). We probably wouldn't go back unless it was another special day for us. The table service was excellent & attentive without being overburdening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.