The Park Bistro & Bar
3287 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Park Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parkbistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 9252837108x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Sunday: 7:00am - 9:30am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Carpenter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Park Bistro & Bar
The Park Bistro & Bar showcases only the freshest, local and organically grown produce as well as naturally raised meats and line-caught fish. Executive Chef Adam Carpenter has created an approachable, yet inventive menu, presenting a French twist on American fare. With a wholesome and earthy quality, many dishes elevate “comfort” food. Natural light from the romantic inner fountain courtyard, intimate alcoves, a large communal table and versatile private dining spaces. Rustic stone floors, natural wood tables, leather seating and an original art program create a warm and inviting, yet grand and inspiring, space that will create the most memorable dining experience in Lafayette. The Park Bar overlooks the recently renovated covered patio with an adjacent outdoor terrace featuring two fire pits offering both dining and casual lounge seating year round. The Park Bar offers guests traditional bar fare, a selection of artisanal beers and wines by the glass, and classic cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Park Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
The Park Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (34)good for groups (30)great for brunch (22)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (14)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Birthday boyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014Outstanding food, presentation, and service. Fresh and appealing menu, attentive and friendly staff. A real gem.Special Features:
- Not ExtraordinaryKrisVIPDined on 10/10/2014The Park Bistro is a very serviceable eatery with excellent service and a wonderful bar. The restaurant's decor is somewhat dull and lifeless, perhaps because it's in a hotel? I enjoyed the soup of the day (corn chowder) and the wonderful dessert selections (soft serve ice cream with your choice of many toppings!), but the main course (short ribs) was too fatty for my taste. I would have been better off ordering another selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Park Bistro!lbpf54Dined on 10/7/2014In looking to celebrate a milestone birthday someplace we had never been, we tried the Park Bistro. Oh my, how'd we miss this gem? Polenta with the short ribs was dreamy and if you save room for the butterscotch pot a crème you WILL go home happy! I won't mind getting older if I get to celebrate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific mealSteveJudylovegoodfood10Dined on 10/3/2014The food (quiche, salmon burger, both with mixed green side salad) was simply terrific.Special Features:
- Perfect for an 80th!juneDined on 10/3/2014We had a delightful celebration lunch for a friend who has just turned 80. Everything was special - ambience, food, service. The staff made sure that it was wonderful in every way. Just what we hoped for our friend. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Elegant yet casual atmosphereLuvfinediningDined on 9/26/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at The Bistro. Great food and wine selection and it was very nice and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealFood4thoughtDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with delicious food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014When I made the reservation, I thought it was for the bar area formerly called The Bistro. We were seated in the dining room which turned out fine.Special Features:
- Super atmosphereWconnollyDined on 9/4/2014Very nice evening. No bad place to sit here but we chose the outdoor patio. Beautiful trees full of lanterns and lights although the street noise was sometimes a distraction. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. Food is creative and menu is varied. Unfortunately, despite multiple inquiries about how I wanted my steak prepared, it was still overdone. Would certainly go back but would likely try something that was more of a house specialty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely eveningSPS1Dined on 9/2/2014This has become a favorite dining spot for my two friends and myself. We can always look forward to a well prepared and presented meal, a nice wine selection and attentive, but not overbearing service. We'll be back.... again and again.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 8/28/2014We've eaten at the Park Bistro many times but this time we were seated in the old Duck Club area. Seats are a little low but the decor is nice and bright. I had the panzanella salad which was excellent and my husband had the Park Burger which was good as always. We were there for just a light meal this time and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Overall okaychukariDined on 8/22/2014This is a lovely venue and I have dined here before. However, this time I arrived 10 minutes before my 11:30 am reservation and the staff was not yet ready to open. A queue formed and the staff did not do a good job of taking people in the order they arrived. Once seated, it took what seemed like forever for the server to great us and give us our menus. Then another very long wait to place the order (and a long wait to get the check) -- even though the restaurant was far from full. The food was excellent. My salad, however, was a bit over-dressed.Special Features:
- Superb Value - Classy PlaceAskQuonDined on 8/21/2014We used to come here back when it was the Duck Club. We hadn't been here in a long while so we were apprehensive. Not to worry - it was as good as it used to be but even more so. The menu is not a big offering but everything on it seems to be selected with care and done well. This was for my wife's birthday and we had a memorable dinner just for the two of us! She started with an Old Fashioned Cocktail (not too many places make a good one even though it is a classic drink) and she was a happy camper. We both had the Cesar Salad Steak Frites and the Stone Fruit Crumble for dessert plus coffee. It was all good! An outstanding dinner, all in all! We'll be back! JimSpecial Features:
- Lively, fun placeBethDined on 8/20/2014We always enjoy going to the Park Bistro and Bar. We had a terrific meal as usual. Unfortunatley we had a very poor waitress this particular time, but that has not been our experience in the past. It will not deter us from coming in the future, but we will try to avoid her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary's chickenpaws10Dined on 8/15/2014This entree was delicious. Meat was tender and moist, not dried out. Skin was crispy. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful restaurantHappyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Lovely dining area...food very good...server going through the motions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edv5Dined on 8/11/2014Food was very good. Service was professional but stuck in the past ('Good evening. My name is ..... I'm your server and i am going to take care if you tonight'), not personable, amd rather mechanical. The decor and overall ambiance are quite grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchnakoDined on 8/10/2014Best place for Sunday brunch We enjoyed food & service.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualBelgianBeerDined on 8/9/2014Nice to have a place where you enjoy a good meal and some good beer. They have Pliny the Elder on tap and Duvel in the bottle. Would be nice if they added some Barrel Aged stuff but you can't wish for too much. The food and service was excellent, atmosphere is always nice and the restaurant looks onto the Courtyard in which they had a wedding going on while we ate.Special Features:
- wonderful anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Everything about our experience was excellent and tailored to celebrating our anniversary. Every staff member was professional, yet warm and welcoming. We will return and highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- Very Good Food and ServiceLarryDined on 8/5/2014The quality and preparation of the food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- gordonVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our second time here, and it was excellent. I had the tuna and it was the best restaurant meal I have had in quite some time. I loved the unique way it was prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialLuv2EatVIPDined on 7/29/2014Not much different than when it was called the Duck Club. Food was good and friendly service, but nothing special. Next time better skip the reservation and just sit in the bistro open seating by the bar.Special Features:
- Ladies Birthday LunchCacsan77VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration here with good food and great service!Special Features:
- Enjoyed it.MartyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Six of us had a good dinner here. Salmon was great.Special Features:
- Beautiful place with excellent foodEasybayfoodDined on 7/19/2014The service was wonderful, the food was one of the best meals I've had out. I had the pressed Mary's chicken and it was absolutely fantastic. Our waiter was very attentive and kind, and the restaurant is gorgeous. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningEastBayDinerDined on 7/15/2014The Park Bistro is a great spot to dine with friends. We could actually hear each other and not have to shout. The prix fixe meal was delicious! I had Salmon, my husband the short ribs. Service was attentive, but not intrusive and the room temperature was comfortable. We'll definately come again.Special Features:
- Quality BreakfastFoodywithwineVIPDined on 7/13/2014They know how to do their eggs. It is a little pricey but it is nice to go somewhere quiet and with quality food, which makes the price worth it. The service was very attentive, I never had to ask for more coffee, they came by just often enough to keep it hot and not so much that they were annoying. I would recommend this place.
- Exceptional hotel restaurantRRRHVIPDined on 7/10/2014It is a lovely restaurant with a pretty setting. Wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- born2eatVIPDined on 7/9/2014When we arrived there was one booth out of four that was occupied so we asked for one of the others but were told they were reserved and were seated at a table. For the 1 1/2 hours we were there no one sat in any of the other three booths. This is a place we have been to many times so they know us. Maybe we won't be going back anytime soon.
- Much Better than the Duck ClubJeffVIPDined on 7/7/2014I'd not eaten at the Lafayette Park Hotel for years as the predecessor restaurant, The Duck Club, was so-so at best and way overpriced. The Park Bistro is still pretty pricey, but is better justified by the offerings. Food was excellent--I had the filet and it was cooked medium rare, as ordered, but was still hot in the center and was one of the best pieces of beef I'd had in memory. Side dishes were also excellent. Service was very efficient and friendly--perhaps a bit too casual for a restaurant at this level but that is an observation, not a complaint. I'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and Creative Main DisheslovegoodfoodDined on 6/23/2014We ate in the bar area, which was quiet and intimate. The onion soup was probably the best I have tasted in a long time. The Salmon was fresh and moist. There were some very interesting menu choices. The main dining room area has a more formal atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always therewombatDined on 6/23/2014Park Bistro doesn't close on Mondays and is always good. The wait staff is friendly; the food is fine and the valet parking is efficient. It's the kind of place one goes to without thinking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2014Our group of 4 had a leisurely lunch on the patio with great food, great waiter, and were able to hear each other without shouting. We all had a different entrée, were all pleased with our meals, and the crumble we shared for dessert was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 192 reviews are from the The Park Bistro & Bar reviews archive.
- SabineDined on 6/15/2014The Bistro has been updated and now has a very nice patio area - the tent was removed. We were seated in one of the window alcolve in what used to be the Duck's Club. The food was excellent, we took the prix fixe menu. Service was good and overall the experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014I've now been here 2x and everything has been good - from the bread, to the appetizers, main courses and desserts. Service has also been consistently outstanding and I would highly recommend the Park Bistro as a neighborhood gem, suitable for special occasions or just a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Took some out-of-town guests from the Midwest who like classic fare and this was a perfect breakfast spot. Very reasonable prices considering the lovely atmosphere. Service was very friendly and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014Went to dinner with a friend at 5 on a Friday, and everything from start to finish was wonderful. We were seated at a quiet table in the dining area, our server was pleasant and attentive, and our food was outstanding. Our drinks were delicious, the mac and cheese appetizer was a great start to our meal, my filet mignon was perfectly cooked, and the creme brûlée was the best I've ever had. I would absolutely recommend this place to my friends, and I look forward to going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014My friends and I meet there for dinner once a month. Love it. You can even hear each other in the Duck Club.Special Features:
- Summer diningHotelhotspotDined on 6/9/2014The recent redecoration and the new menu were a pleasant surprise. We really enjoyed have dinner on the patio surrounded by a lovely garden and views of the hillside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.