The Park Bistro & Bar
3287 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Park Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parkbistroandbar.com/
- Phone: (925) 283-7108
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Sunday: 7:00am - 9:30am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Carpenter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Park Bistro & Bar
The Park Bistro & Bar showcases only the freshest, local and organically grown produce as well as naturally raised meats and line-caught fish. Executive Chef Adam Carpenter has created an approachable, yet inventive menu, presenting a French twist on American fare. With a wholesome and earthy quality, many dishes elevate “comfort” food. Natural light from the romantic inner fountain courtyard, intimate alcoves, a large communal table and versatile private dining spaces. Rustic stone floors, natural wood tables, leather seating and an original art program create a warm and inviting, yet grand and inspiring, space that will create the most memorable dining experience in Lafayette. The Park Bar overlooks the recently renovated covered patio with an adjacent outdoor terrace featuring two fire pits offering both dining and casual lounge seating year round. The Park Bar offers guests traditional bar fare, a selection of artisanal beers and wines by the glass, and classic cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Park Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
The Park Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)fit for foodies (42)great for lunch (36)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (27)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- SpecialPoobearjDined on 11/23/2014A very special place for any occasion! Always welcoming, intimate and quiet enough to hear what is said - a rare place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it for brunch!KiBeBeDined on 11/23/2014Great food, wonderful appetizer spread for prix fixe brunch (the cold salmon was to die for) with excellent entrees and a complete dessert bar. Service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014When we were seated we were seated extremely close to the diner next to us and that could have been addressed with a bit of attention to detail when the table was set. As it was, I actually pushed the table next to us away from us when the diner had finished their meal and left. I was also very disappointed that the salad my wife ordered could have easily fit on a bread plate yet it cost $13. It did come with 2 very small beats, hardly justified the price. I had the braised ribs dinner and that was fine.
- Great dining experienceluv2dineDined on 11/21/2014Our brother was in town visiting and we wanted to take him to a nice restaurant so we picked this one. The food was excellent and a very pleasant atmosphere to have a long over due visit. Keep up the great work :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aopdjpDined on 11/21/2014Food very good, Service slow and could have been more attentive as we had two 90 year old ladies with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantPurpleRainDined on 11/21/2014Restaurant is just beautiful. Bar was crowded but looked really inviting! Loved the dim lighting. Great service - everyone was so friendly and nice. Lemon drops were delicious and larger than we expected. Ordered a popcorn snack that was really good but it came in a bowl that was so tiny. Mac n cheese was very dry and over cooked. Would not order that again. Had a great time with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both a hit and a missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014One meal was excellent, the other was a disaster. It was an overpriced and disappointing evening. Too bad this place was once excellent.
- tom1938Dined on 11/16/2014Excellent food and service. Went on a Sunday night, very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/14/2014Overall was nice. Seated promptly, food was good, service was good, at least until we finished dinner. After that it was slooooowwwwww. Once the plates were cleared, it was like the server disappeared. It took too long to get the dessert menus, then too long to order dessert, dessert came quickly enough, but then too long to get the final bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Great food. Had my first fillet in ages and it was worth the wait. The scallops were fantastic. Always love the ahi tartar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Up & DownMeowyeeDined on 11/9/2014This wasn't the first time I had their Sunday brunch. Seemed they did not keep up with the service. The small plates were out on the buffet table for a while and did not get filled up until a customer asked for them. When the server brought our coffee, he forgot the cream. I just hope they could improve on these small area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun revived spotlafayetteDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014The new menu and format is fun. We went very early (5:45pm) and the place was already full -- so good energy. Food was well prepared. I recommend reservations since the popularity seems to have picked up.
- Food good, service slowWCFoodieDined on 10/31/2014We have heard good things about this place so we finally tried it on Halloween night. The restaurant was only about half full, so you would expect good service. But no, we were quite disappointed. From the time we walked in the door (had to wait 5-10 min to be seated and we had a reservation), to the first table they sat us at (right by the kitchen, why would you do that?). We requested a different table, and then it took far too long to order drinks, food, etc etc. The food was good, but there are plenty of other restaurants with both stellar food AND service.
- GabriellaDined on 10/31/2014It is a restaurant I take friends and costumers to enjoy food, wine and exceptional service.
- Nice Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014I was there for lunch with a family member. We ordered the special quiche and we were surprised to find that it came with a wonderful salad. The quiche was different from what I expected--more like a muffin--and it was delicious. I liked that it was quiet as we were catching up on family activities and didn't want to be in a place where the noise level was so loud you needed to almost shout to be heard. It was a very relaxing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CZuccoDined on 10/31/2014loved our lunch before our spa treatments. Will come back again for sure.Special Features:
- Always a joySPS1Dined on 10/27/2014Once a month my two neighbors and I treat ourselves to a delicious and special dinner together at the Park Bistro. No matter what is going on in our lives, it always feels like a special time together. Over the years we've tried several other restaurants in the area, but have made the Bistro "our place". The food is always well prepared and elegantly served by friendly and attentive staff. We don't often have dessert, but this time we treated ourselves to the trio of creme brulee. All were tasty but the huckleberry was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchluvgoodfoodDined on 10/27/2014Awesome experience! As a first time guest I was blown away. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The food practically melted in my mouth. I ordered the quiche and I have never tasted a quiche as good as this. The salad was so fresh and the dressing was delicious. We swooned over the deserts. The butterscotch pot de cream was so creamy and delicious I will make a special trip just for thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FineRickyVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went with some friends on Sat. night and had a great dinner. We ate outside and the outdoor area is a gem. We all had different items on the menu and each item was outstanding. Our drinks were great and our service was a 10. This place is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday boyNormanDined on 10/16/2014Outstanding food, presentation, and service. Fresh and appealing menu, attentive and friendly staff. A real gem.Special Features:
- Not ExtraordinaryKrisVIPDined on 10/10/2014The Park Bistro is a very serviceable eatery with excellent service and a wonderful bar. The restaurant's decor is somewhat dull and lifeless, perhaps because it's in a hotel? I enjoyed the soup of the day (corn chowder) and the wonderful dessert selections (soft serve ice cream with your choice of many toppings!), but the main course (short ribs) was too fatty for my taste. I would have been better off ordering another selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Park Bistro!lbpf54Dined on 10/7/2014In looking to celebrate a milestone birthday someplace we had never been, we tried the Park Bistro. Oh my, how'd we miss this gem? Polenta with the short ribs was dreamy and if you save room for the butterscotch pot a crème you WILL go home happy! I won't mind getting older if I get to celebrate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific mealSteveJudylovegoodfood10Dined on 10/3/2014The food (quiche, salmon burger, both with mixed green side salad) was simply terrific.Special Features:
- Perfect for an 80th!juneDined on 10/3/2014We had a delightful celebration lunch for a friend who has just turned 80. Everything was special - ambience, food, service. The staff made sure that it was wonderful in every way. Just what we hoped for our friend. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food and Service!RoddyVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was my first time at The Park Bistro & Bar -- one word -- AMAZING! I was definitely impressed with the quality of food, customer service and the environment. I will definitely recommend to others...and fantastic for special occasions.Special Features:
- Elegant yet casual atmosphereLuvfinediningDined on 9/26/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at The Bistro. Great food and wine selection and it was very nice and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealFood4thoughtDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with delicious food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014When I made the reservation, I thought it was for the bar area formerly called The Bistro. We were seated in the dining room which turned out fine.Special Features:
- Super atmosphereWconnollyDined on 9/4/2014Very nice evening. No bad place to sit here but we chose the outdoor patio. Beautiful trees full of lanterns and lights although the street noise was sometimes a distraction. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. Food is creative and menu is varied. Unfortunately, despite multiple inquiries about how I wanted my steak prepared, it was still overdone. Would certainly go back but would likely try something that was more of a house specialty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely eveningSPS1Dined on 9/2/2014This has become a favorite dining spot for my two friends and myself. We can always look forward to a well prepared and presented meal, a nice wine selection and attentive, but not overbearing service. We'll be back.... again and again.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 8/28/2014We've eaten at the Park Bistro many times but this time we were seated in the old Duck Club area. Seats are a little low but the decor is nice and bright. I had the panzanella salad which was excellent and my husband had the Park Burger which was good as always. We were there for just a light meal this time and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Overall okaychukariVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is a lovely venue and I have dined here before. However, this time I arrived 10 minutes before my 11:30 am reservation and the staff was not yet ready to open. A queue formed and the staff did not do a good job of taking people in the order they arrived. Once seated, it took what seemed like forever for the server to great us and give us our menus. Then another very long wait to place the order (and a long wait to get the check) -- even though the restaurant was far from full. The food was excellent. My salad, however, was a bit over-dressed.Special Features:
- Superb Value - Classy PlaceAskQuonDined on 8/21/2014We used to come here back when it was the Duck Club. We hadn't been here in a long while so we were apprehensive. Not to worry - it was as good as it used to be but even more so. The menu is not a big offering but everything on it seems to be selected with care and done well. This was for my wife's birthday and we had a memorable dinner just for the two of us! She started with an Old Fashioned Cocktail (not too many places make a good one even though it is a classic drink) and she was a happy camper. We both had the Cesar Salad Steak Frites and the Stone Fruit Crumble for dessert plus coffee. It was all good! An outstanding dinner, all in all! We'll be back! JimSpecial Features:
- Lively, fun placeBethDined on 8/20/2014We always enjoy going to the Park Bistro and Bar. We had a terrific meal as usual. Unfortunatley we had a very poor waitress this particular time, but that has not been our experience in the past. It will not deter us from coming in the future, but we will try to avoid her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary's chickenpaws10Dined on 8/15/2014This entree was delicious. Meat was tender and moist, not dried out. Skin was crispy. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful restaurantHappyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Lovely dining area...food very good...server going through the motions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edv5Dined on 8/11/2014Food was very good. Service was professional but stuck in the past ('Good evening. My name is ..... I'm your server and i am going to take care if you tonight'), not personable, amd rather mechanical. The decor and overall ambiance are quite grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchnakoDined on 8/10/2014Best place for Sunday brunch We enjoyed food & service.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualBelgianBeerDined on 8/9/2014Nice to have a place where you enjoy a good meal and some good beer. They have Pliny the Elder on tap and Duvel in the bottle. Would be nice if they added some Barrel Aged stuff but you can't wish for too much. The food and service was excellent, atmosphere is always nice and the restaurant looks onto the Courtyard in which they had a wedding going on while we ate.Special Features:
- wonderful anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Everything about our experience was excellent and tailored to celebrating our anniversary. Every staff member was professional, yet warm and welcoming. We will return and highly recommend to others.Special Features: