The Pantry Restaurant -The Verve-Crowne Plaza
1360 Worcester Rd.
Natick, MA 01760Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pantry Restaurant -The Verve-Crowne Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vervehotelnatick.com/holiday-events.htm
- Phone: 5086538800x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alastair Mclean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Pantry Restaurant -The Verve-Crowne Plaza
The Pantry is an ode to American Cuisine with modern flare. This casual dining restaurant, located at The Verve Crowne Plaza Hotel, has a wide selection of menu options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Pantry Restaurant -The Verve-Crowne Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- NaplesfoodiejohnDined on 9/26/2014food was okay to good. Servers seemed new but helpful and friendly. We would go again and try something else on the menu. We have been before and had the burgers, which were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for breakfastAnnieVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have been here many times for breakfast, very good menu and food. Nice to bring guests. We were were for dinner this time, and it was our second time dining. Sirloin strip steak was very good. Salmon not so great. Service has never been good, at any meal.Special Features:
- Cute restaurantAudgerdhDined on 9/18/2014I stayed at the hotel for a night and decided to have dinner here. I was greeted by a lovely hostess who also took my order. Service was prompt and the food was delicious. Loved the decor of the restaurant, especially the Julia Childs videos on the tv. Definitely would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The service was very good, the ambiance was sort of cafeteria-like even though there was waitstaff service. The food was okay. I asked for a medium rare hamburger and got it done without even any pink. The French fries were ordinary and tasteless. I won't go back.
- ThomasDined on 9/12/2014It's a really nice kitchen themed restaurant inside a hotel with awesome food but their service feels like they were never trained and fresh off the street. Service was very slow (it wasn't even crowded at all!!), even the hostess acted as a waitress too. I would recommend this restaurant solely on their food but be prepared for the slow service!
- Well Done BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/10/2014The eggs were well seasoned, and it was a great value at $ 14.00 per person for the brunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a late night dinner w/ someonefranzheskaDined on 8/8/2014we reserved a late night dinner for two at around 8pm, i've been here before that's why i insisted my boyfriend to eat here. the restaurant was quite busy because of the big tables that were occupied by businessmen and women. we chose the tables in the edge that were high and private. the server noticed us immediately and asked for what drinks we would like. after giving a bottled beer and a glass of pinot noir, she took our order from appetizers to desserts. food was pretty delicious and unique. inspite of the busy night, the server always asked if we needed anything else. their manager also helped her serve the food to the big tables and also our desserts. the staff was so kind and good. we enjoyed our stay and wish to come back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent foodChileno70Dined on 7/21/2014This restaurant exceeded my expectations. Great food and a the place is nice. Recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent!LuluDined on 7/19/2014My husband went to see a band that was playing at the hotel. When he said he wanted to eat at the hotel I was a bit skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was nice and the food was excellent. We started with the Calamari which was cooked perfectly. The asparagus with the lemon vinegarette was a nice touch. We also split the watermelon/feta salad which was also very good. My husband got the Sashimi Tuna Crust and altho he said it was really good. I did try the asian slaw that was with the tuna and it was very yummy. Lastly he got the scallops and I got the striploin. He said the scallops were excellent and I thought the steak was amazing (potatoes-yum). Service was good too. I would highly recommend The Pantry.Special Features:
- dinner datefranzheskaDined on 7/17/2014we had a reservation for two in the pantry. the place had a nice theme and was really cool. we ordered a steak and a salmon which tasted really good. the host seated us in a comfortable table and the server served us some popcorn and water without us asking. service here was really good and with no doubt, we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- an experience that was beyondyvesDined on 7/2/2014what i have imagined. i once ate at the pantry for a buffet breakfast last may 2014. but i noticed that there was only two servers. it took too long before we were sat by the servers in a table that was not yet been polished. we were so annoyed by that but when the server came into me and still gave a smile despite of the busy shift that she has. the server was so polite and responded to all my request. it took so long for the server to grant my request but i understand because the pantry lack staff that day. i think that service here was really good and food i think was great. then i went back this june 2014. i saw the improvement of staff service. the pantry had enough staff and was able to respond to all my request quick and flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing selectionWAdinerDined on 6/29/2014Thought the brunch selection would include more than yogurt, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes with bread selections especially for the price of nearly $30 a person. This is less of a selection you can get at Embassy Suites, and that comes with the room! While the food tasted fine it was nothing special and not worth the hit to the wallet.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the The Pantry Restaurant -The Verve-Crowne Plaza reviews archive.
- Not goodJOHNVIPDined on 6/20/2014Service was awkward, our server wanted to stand right next to our table while we decided what to order until I sent him away. Otherwise service was ok. I like that they leave a container of water at the table, but we has to ask for ice- the water was warm. Appetizer was good (Bruschetta). Our meals (we ordered the steak frittes and the sirloin. Both pieces of beef were over tenderized and came to the table barely warm. The one that was supposed to be medium rare was cooked grey, the one that was supposed to be medium was medium rare. desert was pretty tasteless.
- Disappointed.couldhavedonebetterVIPDined on 5/10/2014Made reservations for an early mother's day brunch on Saturday. Very disappointing. Staff seems clueless but friendly. They gave us the regular breakfast menu, but by the time we were ready to order they said the kitchen was closed for breakfast/brunch and then handed us the lunch menu, switching gears. Did not get any silverware. No butter served, bread only after asking. Not sure where the "Julia Child" theme comes in. I apologized to my wife since it was not special at all ....
- For brunch, go elsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014Where do I start? Our table was not ready when we arrived. When we were finally seated, the table next to ours was covered with dirty dishes. We were told that the kitchen was very backed up and that we should get the buffet. We did so reluctantly because the only items on the buffet were scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, home-fries, some dried-up looking breads and pastries and bowls of cut-up and yogurt. The buffet looked picked-over, and with the exception of the fruit, at no time was the food replenished while we were there. After being told that the buffet was closing, we requested our check, but it did not arrive until we requested it twice over a ten-minute period. Save yourself some aggravation and go to brunch someplace else.
- breakfast buffetjetkuDined on 4/27/2014Sunday breakfast buffet not restocked unfortunately. Seemed to be no one clearing tables eitherSpecial Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My son and I had Easter Brunch there this year and it was delicious. There was a great assortment of food and the service was very good. We would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordinary breakfastJulieDined on 4/13/2014While a pot of coffee awaited us on our table, beyond that the service was not particularly attentive and slow. The food was disappointing. It had been a while since we had dined at the hotel. We will not rush back. The food looked nice, but had little flavor. All three of us had the same experience.
- GREAT breakfast!RitagonzVIPDined on 3/3/2014Interesting and flavorful selections. GREAT corned beef hash! Im such a sucker for cbh and they really have a lean and flavorful/hearty serving - with 3 eggs, enough for sharing! I come back for it time and time again!!Special Features:
- Working LunchFrankFDined on 2/20/2014This visit was the 3rd or 4th meal ranging from family lunch and dinner to brunch for 4. Needed to have a convenient location with good food for a business meeting of MetroWest leaders. Definitely the place for good food selection, well prepared in health portions and comfortable working lunch setting. Will visit again for work or pleasure.Special Features:
- Great wine tastingMreadDined on 2/18/2014Great night out in metro west. The wine tasting is unique and fun . Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pitiful Performance at PantryzachDined on 2/14/2014When my girlfriend and myself arrived at the restaurant, our hopes couldn't have been more optimistic. We had eaten at Pantry only once prior, and received outstanding service and quality food from the staff there. Only this time, things had been drastically different. Right off the bat, we had sat for a whopping 25 minutes before having to grab the attention of the hostess TO BE GREETED! This is unacceptable, not only at an upscale restaurant like Pantry, but anywhere. Bar none, the worst service I have ever received at any restaurant. However, I do understand they may have been quite understaffed, but it is a ludicrous notion that a couple could go for 25 minutes in a, lets face it: not-so crowded restaurant, completely unnoticed.
- We will go back.FrequentDinnerDined on 2/14/2014F&B manager a great guy and very attentive.Food was great, service friendly but slow.Special Features:
- Don't be in a hurry to eat!mrsriss1Dined on 12/31/2013This cute restaurant has great potential, however their service is extremely slow and their server needs training. Very polite, but never refilled our drinks and items that came with the meal had to be asked for. Food was pretty good, but they need to update their website as many items we wanted to order are no longer available. It took us 40 minutes to get our dinner with 3 tables occupied.
- Good place to grab a quick bitebabuDined on 12/21/2013Service was awesome and the food choices were good. The place is so hidden away unless you are looking for it, you will not know it is there.Special Features:
- Ok comfort foodDiningout14VIPDined on 12/7/2013This restaurant wasn't bad but it was nothing spectacular. There are so many other great restaurants in the area the only reason I would go to this restaurant again is if I were staying at the hotel. The flavors were so so on the food - nothing bad but not worth the slightly elevated pricing.
- If you are in Natick, thisFoodieVIPDined on 11/29/2013If you are in Natick, this is reasonable option. The decor is hotel bland, but the food is very good. Our waitress was very nice and did a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad serviceJayyDined on 11/22/2013The food was delicious and everyone loved every thing they had. I don't want to blame the waiter because he wasn't rude, just incompetent. Our plates were not cleared at the end of any course until we packed them up and handed them to him and he confused some of our drink orders. Gotta train your staff Pantry management!
- Great Food and ServiceBirthdaypalDined on 11/22/2013First time going to the Pantry. Was so pleased with the quality of the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lousy serviceFramLocalDined on 10/12/2013Food, location, and decor/ambience are great. In the 2-3 times I've been here, service has been consistently slow to non existent. Servers are nice, but food took 30 minutes to arrive when we were the only guests (b/n 11 and 12 on a Saturday). Food itself is very good, as are the prices, but don't go hungry unless you are there during buffet hours. Buffet itself was limited, but fresh/good.Special Features:
- Left a sour taste in our mouths...JCoxDined on 9/20/2013When we first arrived our waitress was attentive and brought our drinks right away. When it came time to order our food she was still doing a great job and was especially eager to help me make a decision between 2 entrees on the menu that I had narrowed it down to. As we were eating a few more tables filled up and all of a sudden we couldn't pay to have someone notice us. The manager on site spoke to every other table besides ours until it was time for us to pay. We would go back, but probably only for drinks and appetizers - maybe try the burgers. The dinner was good, but pricey for what you get. Both dinners (scallops and steak) probably should have been about $7-$10 less per plate. Overall, it was OK, but nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- The staff seemed confusedlovetoeatDined on 9/19/2013The staff seemed confused and unorganized, but the food was absolutely delicious so we were able to overlook the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Networking Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2013Our 10+ person monthly networking group has been going here for a while - terrific food, excellent service (waiter even does individual checks for us without a qualm), great atmosphere and convenient location as some of us work in Boston and others in the 495 Belt. We are able to talk shop and have a wonderful lunch at a very reasonable cost - about $18-20 including tip. The restaurant is part of an upgrade to the entire hotal throuoghly modernizing it and giving it a hip vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night Meal on a Saturday NightHolliDined on 9/14/2013We changed our reservation from 6:30pm to 8pm since this was an available option on Opentable...this was a mistake. Come to find out the restaurant closes at 8pm even on a Saturday night! The waitress was very nice and still sat us (we were only ones in the restaurant) ...bar took forever to get drinks to us since they were short handed and busy. Once received half way through dinner the drinks were wonderful! Appetizer and dinners came out almost on top of each other but everything tasted great...was not surprised by this since chef probably wanted to get the heck out of there. Did expect to have kitchen shows playing on large tvs since this was the point of the restaurant but they had soccer on each one :-/
- Bad choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2013Mediocre food and service that matched the food. I would not recommend this restaurant unless you were going to starve to death if you did not eat. If you have a choice go to Outback Steakhouse the food and service are better
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2013Nice brunch buffet. Good a-la-cart selection of breakfast offerings. My sister loved the light and flavorful pancakes. Great Service and pleasing, contemporary décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had dinnerCarlyDined on 8/30/2013My husband and I had dinner at Pantry on Friday night. The decor and ambiance was great and I especially loved the Julia Child quote on the wall, "everything in moderation, including moderation." What was interesting was how few people there were in the restaurant at 8:30pm, which we chalked up to the fact that it was a hotel restaurant. The prices were very reasonable and I loved that they brought popcorn over to the table when we sat down. We ordered the pasta carbonara and a braised beef stuffed burger. We rated the food a "B" overall. Our service was great, the prices were reasonable and the vibe of the restaurant was fun and a little quirky. It would be a great venue to host a shower or a cooking demo as well. We would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemSkyturtleDined on 8/27/2013The Pantry is definitely a hidden gem. I learned about it on Phantom Gourmet and wanted to check it out. Three of us went in on a Tuesday evening and enjoyed excellent food, paired with wonderful service. The decor is bright and inviting, adding to the experience. The presentation of the food was stunning and the tastes and quality met your eyes expectations. We ordered three apps to share (shrimp cocktail, wings, and fries) and found each was done with care and a little something extra. For example, the basket of fries had four dipping sauces, while the wings came with pickled carrots and celery and a small portion of cole slaw. As for entrees, everything was great, but I want to highly recommend the Pork and beans. Must have desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is SLOW n need ImprovementYoginiHDined on 7/25/2013This was the first time I've been here. The server was new, so he doesn't have much recommendation for the food and couldn't answer the questions on the menu. Considering he is new, I am OK with that but I don't understand why it will take almost half an hour for the drink to come. Sure, the drink order needs to be placed at the bar, but it was literally right outside the restaurant. I personally think the Bar Menu looks more interesting. My friend was thinking of ordering a second drink but quit the idea after seeing how long it took for my second drink to arrive. The food was OK, good, but I am not WOW-ed by it. The decoration in the restaurant seems interesting but I will probably not return for the second time.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a go!!NorthendfanVIPDined on 7/18/2013I had not been to the hotel in years but it has been completely updated and the restaurants have some great menu items! The bar has a gothic flair but was a nice change.Special Features: