The Palmtree Grill @ Embassy Suites North Charleston
5055 International Blvd
North Charleston, SC 29418Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Palmtree Grill @ Embassy Suites North Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Palm-Tree-Grill/428945857138851
- Phone: 8437471882x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 9:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin McCarthy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Palmtree Grill @ Embassy Suites North Charleston
The Palmtree Grill, our hotel restaurant, features the finest steaks, fresh seafood and Low Country dining favorites created with our own innovative fare. Strategically situated by our open air atrium, our casual café setting is the ideal place to gather for a delightful lunch or dinner. This is South Carolina dining at its best!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Palmtree Grill @ Embassy Suites North Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Surprisingly Great!FoodExplorer843Dined on 5/11/2014Took my girlfriend there for mother's day and it was amazing. The food was awesome, we got the fried flounder as the main entrée, and the crab sliders for starters. Everything was delicious. It was a little more than I wanted to spend at first but the food, atmosphere, and the service was worth it. Definitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the The Palmtree Grill @ Embassy Suites North Charleston reviews archive.
- KarenVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great place to go before a show at the performing arts center.
- A Hidden GemTravel2DayDined on 3/15/2014Wonderful restaurant when staying at the hotel and its convenience next door to the Performing Arts Center & Coliseum. Great staff, food is very good. Be sure to make a reservation 1-1/2 to 2 hours before a facility event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising . . .BroadwaySPYDined on 2/19/2014We made reservations because of the proximity to the Performing Arts Center and the wine special. Some in our group tried to find a menu on-line, but weren't able to. So, we had no expectations of what we'd find. The menu was interesting and all four of us got something different. Everyone was more than pleased with their choice. Price was a little bit higher to make it a regular stop, but with only two more shows, we'll more than likely come again soon. The value / price wasn't bad; just not something we can do every time we go out. Very pleased overall. Enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- DINNER BEFORE SHOWVickiDined on 2/18/2014It was advertised to come have dinner by 6pm and have plenty of time to make the show at the Performing Arts Center. We arrived at 6pm but service was very slow. We asked for the bill right when dinner was served and still we had to go up and ask for it again. I did not even get to finish my dinner. I would only recommend this restaurant if you arrive at 5pm (if attending show) or no play at all to see.
- Night OutDisappointedDined on 2/18/2014Might give this restaurant another try due to the fact that there were 12 in the group with only two waiters on staff. The reservation had been made for an early dining hour so they should have been prepared. Also, it was an evening when there was an event at the Coliseum - another reason they should have been well staffed. When food arrived about 15 minutes before we had to leave it was decent.Special Features:
- Price was good. Other thanShabawilDined on 2/18/2014Price was good. Other than that I have nothing good to say.
- Nice hotel restaurantDebbieNDined on 1/27/2014Met a group of ladies there. The restaurant was not busy. We have eaten there 3 or 4 times and have never had any complaints. The service was good, the food was good, and the decor is nice. It's a good spot for business meetings and/or committee meetings. I wouldn't go there for a special occasion.Special Features:
- SeatingSandyDined on 1/25/2014Asked for a quiet table in corner. We were seated in middle of room. I questioned hostess she said all other tables were reserved. My guest and I were there till 8 and a great many of the tables remained empty. Despite this we both did enjoy our dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service at this EmbassyMachessVIPDined on 1/24/2014Food and service at this Embassy is always excellent. Every time I stay there I make sure I eat one dinner there. The portions and variety of food, along with quality justify the pricing. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before Concert place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014If you are looking for a wonderful place to eat before an event at the North Charleaton Collisium - check out this place! You can park your car at the Collisium and then walk to eat and walk back without having to move your car. You get to the event in time to eat and not have to fight the heavy traffic later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific idea to offer wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2014Terrific idea to offer wine with entrees when going to the theatre thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and convenientlianekayeDined on 12/12/2013Not an outstanding experience, but very nice. We needed a convenient place to grab dinner before a show. Because there were two events happening--one at the PAC AND at the Coliseum the same night, we knew parking was going to be a nightmare. We figured eating at the Embassy Suites would be easy and convenient--and we were right! Surprisingly large restaurant, tucked away from the Atrium bar scene--the food choices were varied and the service excellent. Prices were a little high on the entrees, but there were enough choices to fit any budget. If pressed for time before an event--and you don't want to grab drive through or sit in a noisy strip mall/shopping center restaurant, I highly recommend the Palmtree Grill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding everything!JudyMDined on 11/28/2013We ate here twice on our Charleston trip because we stayed at the wonderful Embassy Suites. Food was fabulous! Southern hospitality all the way. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than optionsjohnVIPDined on 11/16/2013This is a nice place that is better than the surrounding places and a good stop before a show at the performing arts centerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to Eat and go to showJanCharlestonDined on 11/6/2013Great deal. Free bottle of wine with 2 entrees. NiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/20131. Selection of table-reservation was for 5PM, given table by hostess station even though others empty and available. Told they were completely booked and this was the table to be had. 2. Rolls dry and no flavor 3. Bread with French onion soup tasteless 4. Prime rib unseasoned and too large-one pound 5. Pork chop very salty-should have been sent back 6. Thought there was time to have dessert as we were taking in a show,but took half hour to bring out even though we asked hostess to tell server to cancel and bring bill. Advertisement for show special dinner stated if we were in by 6PM.we would be out in time for show. We were there at 5PM and did not get out until 7PM
- We have dined at the PalmtreeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013We have dined at the Palmtree Grill twice and had great food and excellent service both times!! We will definitely return..Special Features:
- a little pricey. food excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013a little pricey. food excellent but can get as good for a lot less. server did good job.Special Features:
- We have eaten at the PalmSuzieQDined on 2/23/2013We have eaten at the Palm Tree several times and it is always good, if not getting a little expensive. Unfortunately, the service this time was very slow. I don't know if this is the fault of the wait staff or the kitchen, but the restaurant was not full and we should not have had to wait as long as we did for our food. Since we had tickets for Les Mizerables, we were on a time restriction, but allowed 1-1/2 hours for dinner. The food, however, was excellent with more than generous servings.Special Features:
- Typical Hotel Chain dining.....woulgooziemomVIPDined on 2/22/2013Typical Hotel Chain dining.....would only recommend beef; steak, Prime Rib, etc. Wine list is surprisingly good! Next to N. Charleston Coliseum, so pre-show dinner is fine.Special Features:
- School Lunch!HiltonHeadNavyVIPDined on 2/14/2013Decided to eat here because it was next to the concert hall where we were going to see Rascal Flatts. Bad mistake on our part! Food was like a school lunch! Short rib looked like dog food and was very fatty and tough to chew. Service was also very slow that night
- Great for dinner before a show.CKDyallDined on 1/25/2013Not a bad place to grab dinner before a show at The North Charleston Performing Arts Center. Taste-wise it can't compete with the fine dining of downtown Charleston, but the food is good, portions good, and the host and wait staff were really excellent. Super convenient to the PAC and FREE parking!
- Dinner before a show. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Dinner before a show. Excellent food and service. Portion (prime rib) was a little too big.
- A neighborhood ladies groupjeanineDined on 12/20/2012A neighborhood ladies group had Christmas Lunch there. The buffet was excellent and the ambiance for Christmas was lovely.Special Features:
- I visited on a quiet SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2012I visited on a quiet Sunday evening. There were only a few patrons in the restaurant, and the atmosphere was peaceful and relaxing. The service was excellent and the food was also. I had the french onion soup which was good and the fish and chips, which was excellent. I also recommend the bread pudding for dessert if you still have room. I thought the portions were plentiful, but not overwhelming. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant if you are staying or visiting the North Charleston area.Special Features: