Palm Restaurant - Boston
1 International Place
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/boston
- Phone: 6178679292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday, 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Moday and Tuesday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Wednesday -Friday: 3:00PM -11:00PM
Saturday, 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Karen Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Boston
For over 87 years The Palm Restaurant has been renowned for its USDA Prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, family recipe Italian entrées, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the lobby of One International Place, The Palm"s new Boston location offers seating for more than 300 patrons, extensive private dining options and a beautiful outdoor dining deck overlooking the Greenway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Palm Restaurant - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (54)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (46)great for lunch (41)romantic (33)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (22)scenic view (22)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always FantasticDogearVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always a great show, super lobster and attentive staff, wonderful experience.
- 3 times and still disappointedMikeDined on 10/16/2014I have tried to have lunch their 3 time and have found the food so lacking in flavor that it will be my last. It isn't better than any of the pubs around town that are 40%less. Maybe the dinner menu is better but I am done going their for lunch.
- Basic, very expensiveDavidDined on 10/11/2014The Palm offers good steaks, basic sides, and a competent wine list. Service is professional. Expect to pay through the nose for everything you eat and drink there. It is a nice place but nothing particularly noteworthy, especially for the price. 2 steaks (a sirloin and a filet), one of their least expensive bottles of cabernet, two sides (potatoes au gratin and brussel sprouts), and a slice of key lime pie (delicious, but more like key lime cheese cake, really): $220. Yikes.
- fabulous birthday dinnerluv2finedineDined on 10/11/2014The palm is one of our favorite places to eat. The location is perfect for jumping off the interstate and pulling right in. Valet parking is reasonable and very convenient! The food as always was fantastic! The staff is exceptional and make every table feel special! Can't wait to re-visit next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Palm.AnnieDined on 10/10/2014It was a special occasion my husbands birthday and I decided to take him to lunch at the Palm.. I thought the three course lunch was a spectacular reasonable deal.we both had the filet medallions just the best piece of steak I have eaten. Kevin our waiter was very professional and courteous. We will be back..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014I was expecting a lot more from this restaurant. I went with coworkers and it took us two hours for lunch and the restaurants wasn't even busy. Two out of the four steaks at the table were not cooked as ordered. Additionally, I ordered the steak lunch special medium, which comes with two petite filets. One came out medium rare and one came out medium well.
- Disappointing :(LovesToDineVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our 1st visit to the Boston location. The staff was nice enough, but not outstanding. We were a party of 4 + a well behaved infant. Our food was, at best, ok. The large salad I ordered was tasteless and the lettuce didn't taste fresh, so I sent it back. The steaks were prepared at the temperatures they were requested, however, they were not seasoned very well at all. The sides (creamed spinach & brussel sprouts) were lackluster, sprouts were sent back. Because we weren't happy with the food, we ended up with a lot of leftovers. Upon asking for them to be wrapped up, they were all randomly dumped into containers together, with no regard for whose food belonged to whom and mixing foods that wouldn't normally be rewarmed together.
- Fantastic dining experienceBillDined on 10/4/2014Went to Palm Restaurant for a birthday celebration. food and service was exceptional. can't wait to retunSpecial Features:
- MediocreFoodieDined on 10/3/2014The food was mediocre. The soup and steak came out warm and bland. It had no favor. The service was average. The waiter was very slow. The busboy was very attentive compared to the waiter.
- BruceMDined on 10/3/2014Good for a business lunch. Service was slow in seating for reservation. Table was not ready when we were taken to the table.Special Features:
- Had a business lunchiWearJeansDined on 9/29/2014I had second thoughts after making the lunch reservation, due to the negative comments on Yelp, but we went anyway. I didn't find any of the issues that others had commented about. The food was good, the service was prompt, and it was an overall positive experience. I've had lunch there before and I would have it again.Special Features:
- KittyDined on 9/27/2014Dined on Saturday 9/27/2014 and everything was Excellent. Joseph our waiter was EXCELLENT - had great recommendations and the food, incredible. The filet mignon just melted and the martini was very very good. Thank you to The Palm for making our Saturday evening spectacular.Special Features:
- Palm DinnerNo4PalmDined on 9/27/2014Apps beef carpaccio, fried calamari, stuffed clams, & "Gigi" salad. The carpaccio was still frozen, the stuffed clams were not little necks but count necks. Calamari good & salad was best app of all; no serving spoons provided to serve the salad nor was a spoon provided for the dressing on the side. Requested server hold putting in main courses but main courses arrived without a delay. Table not cleared of appetizer dishes & crumbs prior to the main course. We didn't feel that fine dining experience we expected.The filet mignon ordered medium rare. Edges dry, & center had no flavor or juices. Veal bland. Waited for lemon slices. Swordfish NOT edible-dry & flavorless.The lamb the only good entrée of the night.Special Features:
- Dry lobsterNeedham47Dined on 9/26/2014I ordered the lobster salad. Was on a business lunch-couldn't complain. The lobster was very dry and mealy. Not fresh. Must have sat in the cooler a few days. Aweful! Service and ambiance were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakPoz59VIPDined on 9/24/2014Nice to have a Palm near the Long Wharf area. Had the NY Strip which was tender and tasty. Typically great Palm service from knowledgable professional waiter. Great place for a business dinner.Special Features:
- Steak were overcookedsvo2004Dined on 9/24/20143 out of 5 steaks that we ordered were overcookeed...ordered medium-rare...got medium...didn't send mine back only because we were late for our after diner plans
- Good lunch, but not my favoriteBTBOSVIPDined on 9/23/2014I just don't find my meals at the Palm to be "great". They are good, but not great. And the bar is just too small for the size restaurant.Special Features:
- Quite a findoccasionaldinerDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was a pleasant surprise. We went for a Birthday celebration and enjoyed the liveliness of the crowd as well as the food and the personnel. We had a case of our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and will now enjoy the leftovers for at least 2 additional meals each. The food and atmosphere were excellent. I would highly recommend for a special occasion or for a group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for power lunch!BritDined on 9/19/2014The Palm in Downtown Boston is a great place for people watching, hobnobbing with professionals in the downtown Boston scene, and an enjoyable lunch. The burgers were fabulous, wine list is extensive and the service was excellent. It is the place to go when you want to linger and possibly consider a second glass of wine. The Palm has a private room for business lunches which also works very well. The decor is attractive but not intimidating. It has an ambience of comfortable elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014When you factor in: location, price, service and quality nothing beats the new addition that The Palm brings to the Financial District. It has been a staple in my arsenal of go-to places when a last minute, "where should we eat is tossed out to the group." On the other hand, when deciding whether to go to the Back-Bay for a steak or the Palm, convenience usually wins with The Palm. Favorites: Double Cut Lamb Rib Chops, Bone-In Rib Eye, Bone-In Filet for meats. In terms of Seafood - the oysters are always outstanding. The swordfish steak is always cooked to perfection and is never dry. For those that would never thing so, the Veal and Chicken Parmigiana (I know it is a steakhouse) are out of this world.Special Features:
- SHOCKEDmicleo78Dined on 9/12/2014The food was very good by Boston standards, However I was SHOCKED when I receuved the bill the waiter failed to tell us that a 9 oz, glass of cabernet that he recommended by the way was $35.50 and a glass of chardonnay was $25.50. $60.00 for 2 glasses of wine, seriously. ?.... he should have recommended a bottle. This COMPLETELY ruined my dining experience. I am not a novice diner I get Boston or other metro city pricing but come on. I did not bring it up to management as it was a birthday celebration a did not want to make a scene. I do plan on calling out the management out on this. Driving up the tab is not acceptable in my book. Consumer's don't mind paying for a dining experience but DO NOT want to be taken advantage of.Special Features:
- Night at The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Decided to try the "new" Palm because I remember loving the Palm in Back Bay. I must say they have done a great job with the new space, high ceilings are a plus, the artwork, marble, wood floors & finishes, all very beautiful. The food was as I remembered, large juicy steaks, creamed spinach a must, the sin city martini was amazing. Steaks were cooked perfectly, my carrot cake was outstanding. I must say the service was lacking. Needed to ask another waiter for a steak knife, and my husband prolly touched the wine bottle 7 times. Our server, (with the Mohawk mind you), was often too busy laughing & speaking incoherently with other guests, very unprofessional. I like the new location and we will be back and ask for the little italian man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We were celebrating my sons 27 th birthday. My husband and I drove up from cape cod and met my son there. Never been to this restaurant before, the staff made it a very pleasurable experience. Food was excellent and the waitress was very good and made us feel so relaxed and she was very knowledgable with the menu. Sitting out side was the topping on the cake, LOVED it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistant.ARTIEGDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28 year anniversary. We had a terrific dinner and our waiter was the best. Ask for Leonardo if ever you plan to dine at the Palm Restaurant in Boston. We cannot wait to go back. I plan to entertain my clients there. They have a great lunch menu and also private dining rooms if need be.Special Features:
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Loved that there was pasta and seafood also! Bartender was very friendly..food was delicious..loved the shrimp franchise app. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We had a terrible experience on Sunday night. 4 out of 5 entrees and sides came out and waited 45 minutes for Lobster to arrive and when it did it was RAW. Hardly saw our waiter. Had to flag down another waiter to refill water glasses. Unless the dinner was free, I would not go back here. Very expensive and got better service at Friendly's.
- Not anywhere near palm Las VegasrllvDined on 8/30/2014Service sucked crab cakes cold in center and does not come near palm in Las Vegas for a good steakhouse
- Always the bestShassiDined on 8/30/2014Even on Labor Day weekend The Palm was at its best. Service is always first class and the meal never disappoints. As usual, Ruth rises to the top as the best server in Boston.Special Features:
- Food, Service & AmbiancedinealotDined on 8/28/2014Whenever we go out for a special occasion the Palm is our destination. The Ambiance and Service are excellent but most of all the menu selections and food are also tasty and excellent. We went this week for Dine Out Boston and got great food for $38 a person. Filet was tender and cooked to exact temperature. Salad, side and dessert that were included in prices were regular portions and we didn't leave Hungry. Our meal was properly paced and we were not rushed through dinner. Great place.Special Features:
- Great restaurantcars0153VIPDined on 8/27/2014Our server Stephanie is the best! Attentive and caring for the customer. The lobster special was great! This restaurant deserves more attention than given with all the steakhouses around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1ST TIME VISIT NOT THE LASTDivingDivaDined on 8/27/2014Had a good friend in from Seattle and have been wanting to come try the restaurant for lunch. IT DID not disappoint. The decor is spectacular, the entire staff was super friendly and helpful. The food was very yummy and we only got chopped salad with steak and the Cobb salad. I was quite full after that lunch. Well worth the $$$. Will definitely use this as a go to for days I need something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMellowDined on 8/26/2014Again, absolutely terrific! Lobster special is amazing! You must try it!Special Features:
- LindaDined on 8/25/2014First time visit to Palm Restaurant. My husband and I were celebrating a 29th anniversary. We were there early in the week so it was a quiet night with a few larger groups. The noise level was fine...it was enjoyable to have a dinner and conversation which is not always easy at many restaurants. The service was excellent. Leonardo was our server and he was attentive and very professional. He presented us with an Anniversary card signed by the staff which was a thoughtful touch. We sat outdoors on a perfect night..it was very relaxing. The food was excellent. Had an amazing steak garnished with lobster meat..yum. Our beverages, meal and dessert were outstanding. We will definitely return and I would recommend Palm restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehjennabirdDined on 8/24/2014I had the filet special topped with lobster. The filet was good but the lobster was bone dry and disgusting. They forgot one of our sides and the desert was nothing special. Service was also incredibly slow.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantYumintumDined on 8/23/2014The food...amazing. The service...great. The ambiance...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past reviewsBobGee47Dined on 8/23/2014I had read past reviews and found them ALL without merit. It was obvious that these people don't eat out much. Our server ( Sacco ) was spot on with the whole meal. He was knowledgeable about everything on the menu. The dinner came out hot and great. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was not the quietest place to eat but not really loud.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!!1HappyCustomerDined on 8/23/2014Waitress was awesome! Very on point with service. (I'm a server) Very friendly. Busser needs to smile more. He wasn't very friendly. I smiled a couple times, he didn't smile back. Great food!!! Need a little more variety on appetizers though to much seafood. (I don't eat seafood) I will definitely be visiting again. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014Returned to the Palm tonight to enjoy a wonderful meal! Fantastic food-crab cakes and filet mignon cooked to perfection and the BEST chocolate cake around to top it all off! Not to mention the manager Brian-the consummate host-along with VERY attentive staff! Thanks Leonardo!Special Features:
- Consistently goodWAG4404VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have been coming here for years because menu suits us and all guests we bring, even our vegetarian daughter! We are partial to the veal dishes but the steaks are great and the lobsters are fabulous. Love the Gigi and Monday night salads.Special Features:
- Good but not as great as I'd hopedLaPageDined on 8/21/2014For being an upscale restaurant, the food was just mediocre. Would rather dine at Ruths Chris or Capital Grille for steak. However, the service was top notch. Our waiter might be one of the only draws for going back there over one of the other restaurants.Special Features: