Palm Restaurant - Boston
1 International Place
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/boston
- Phone: 6178679292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday, 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Moday and Tuesday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Wednesday -Friday: 3:00PM -11:00PM
Saturday, 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Karen Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Boston
For over 87 years The Palm Restaurant has been renowned for its USDA Prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, family recipe Italian entrées, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the lobby of One International Place, The Palm"s new Boston location offers seating for more than 300 patrons, extensive private dining options and a beautiful outdoor dining deck overlooking the Greenway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Palm Restaurant - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)great for outdoor dining (68)notable wine list (49)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (40)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (24)scenic view (23)hot spot (17)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Food, Service & AmbiancedinealotDined on 8/28/2014Whenever we go out for a special occasion the Palm is our destination. The Ambiance and Service are excellent but most of all the menu selections and food are also tasty and excellent. We went this week for Dine Out Boston and got great food for $38 a person. Filet was tender and cooked to exact temperature. Salad, side and dessert that were included in prices were regular portions and we didn't leave Hungry. Our meal was properly paced and we were not rushed through dinner. Great place.Special Features:
- Great restaurantcars0153VIPDined on 8/27/2014Our server Stephanie is the best! Attentive and caring for the customer. The lobster special was great! This restaurant deserves more attention than given with all the steakhouses around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1ST TIME VISIT NOT THE LASTOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Had a good friend in from Seattle and have been wanting to come try the restaurant for lunch. IT DID not disappoint. The decor is spectacular, the entire staff was super friendly and helpful. The food was very yummy and we only got chopped salad with steak and the Cobb salad. I was quite full after that lunch. Well worth the $$$. Will definitely use this as a go to for days I need something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMellowDined on 8/26/2014Again, absolutely terrific! Lobster special is amazing! You must try it!Special Features:
- LindaDined on 8/25/2014First time visit to Palm Restaurant. My husband and I were celebrating a 29th anniversary. We were there early in the week so it was a quiet night with a few larger groups. The noise level was fine...it was enjoyable to have a dinner and conversation which is not always easy at many restaurants. The service was excellent. Leonardo was our server and he was attentive and very professional. He presented us with an Anniversary card signed by the staff which was a thoughtful touch. We sat outdoors on a perfect night..it was very relaxing. The food was excellent. Had an amazing steak garnished with lobster meat..yum. Our beverages, meal and dessert were outstanding. We will definitely return and I would recommend Palm restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehjennabirdDined on 8/24/2014I had the filet special topped with lobster. The filet was good but the lobster was bone dry and disgusting. They forgot one of our sides and the desert was nothing special. Service was also incredibly slow.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food...amazing. The service...great. The ambiance...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past reviewsBobGee47Dined on 8/23/2014I had read past reviews and found them ALL without merit. It was obvious that these people don't eat out much. Our server ( Sacco ) was spot on with the whole meal. He was knowledgeable about everything on the menu. The dinner came out hot and great. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was not the quietest place to eat but not really loud.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!!1HappyCustomerDined on 8/23/2014Waitress was awesome! Very on point with service. (I'm a server) Very friendly. Busser needs to smile more. He wasn't very friendly. I smiled a couple times, he didn't smile back. Great food!!! Need a little more variety on appetizers though to much seafood. (I don't eat seafood) I will definitely be visiting again. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014Returned to the Palm tonight to enjoy a wonderful meal! Fantastic food-crab cakes and filet mignon cooked to perfection and the BEST chocolate cake around to top it all off! Not to mention the manager Brian-the consummate host-along with VERY attentive staff! Thanks Leonardo!Special Features:
- Consistently goodWAG4404VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have been coming here for years because menu suits us and all guests we bring, even our vegetarian daughter! We are partial to the veal dishes but the steaks are great and the lobsters are fabulous. Love the Gigi and Monday night salads.Special Features:
- Good but not as great as I'd hopedLaPageDined on 8/21/2014For being an upscale restaurant, the food was just mediocre. Would rather dine at Ruths Chris or Capital Grille for steak. However, the service was top notch. Our waiter might be one of the only draws for going back there over one of the other restaurants.Special Features:
- what can you say? It's the Palm?linderluuDined on 8/20/2014awesome. went there for restaurant week (now called Dine out Boston) and was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- lobstergalVIPDined on 8/20/2014We always enjoy dining at this restaurant. The staff is most attentive to special requests and the food never disappointing. Take advantage of the August lobster dinner for 837 Club members. It is delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!MellowDined on 8/20/2014Fabulous food! Wonderful service! Great ambience! Lobster special is amazing! What more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I've been to the Palm 4 or 5 times since it has opened in Boston. I always have a great meal and experience. Love the dounts for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not busy rest week food blah.tntrichoDined on 8/17/2014Not what I expect when I go to Palm. 1st time/last time at the Boston location. Too bad, they have a outside eating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belated BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Went to celebrate a belated birthday and had the three pound lobster plus the large filet. They were kind enough to split them so we had an excellent surf and turf. Staff is very accommodating and ready to please. Food is always top notch. They even signed a birthday card and presented it at the end of the meal. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Summer in the CityDot1Dined on 8/16/2014Four of us had dinner on the patio and we couldn't have been more fortunate with the weather on this past Saturday night. Had a gift certificate, that The Palm Restaurant donated to the Big Sister's of Massachusetts, so kudos to them for giving back to our community, Had a great dinner with friends got to look out at the nearby Boston SkylineSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014better background music, not the jazzy teen noise you play, more like a sports bar. Pavarotti and co. or some classical would suit your classy scene better does it have to cost so much ? Love your room, the scene , the location, especially the window booths keep out the riff raff that do not wear collarsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Good service and good food. Nice up-scale restaurant and good location.Special Features:
- Not to Palm standardsHot4OKCDined on 8/10/2014I love the Palm; however, my steak was a little overcooked and yet not hot when it got to my table. That could have been the waiter given that he was not frequently coming around. I typically get better service at the Palm.Special Features:
- Horrible service mediocre foodfoodie77Dined on 8/10/2014Food was warm, service was horrible, GM is cold, no welcoming feeling. We waited 15 for a breadbasket where only about 6 tables were being serviced. The GM was unresponsive to my email of feedback. The food was mediocre. The potatoes gratain for example was chopped potates drowned in cream and no flavor oversalted. Drinks are small and boring at $14. The steak was overcooked and we were told it would 20 min for a new one. The best steaks in Boston are at Abe & Louise's. The Caesar salad was salty and lettuce had red pieces and wilted pieces. Definitely not worth $260 on a meal for 2. Menus were dirty. Glasses broken and dirty. Horrible experience!Special Features:
- Great dinner...nice outside porchRSBDinerDined on 8/7/2014As always, the Palm knows how to serve a GREAT steak...along with good wine and excellent sides. Additionally, sat outside and it was an excellent change of pace for dining. I'll be back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014The waiter got a few things wrong and for a business lunch unless you have two and half hours to spend on a business lunch go right ahead, but if you don't have the luxury of being away for that long skip it. We only wanted one desert and repeated that and the waiter brought two and charged us for two. Not even worth arguing over as who knows how long that would have taken to resolve.
- Great meal experiencegus2sibVIPDined on 8/2/2014A regular to the Pal, but first time in Boston. Great service and good food as expected.Special Features:
- Business lunch=awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Tried your restaurant for the 1st time for a client luncheon. My server was not as knowledgeable as I'd have expected given the level of establishment. I had the crab cake sandwich, which was served on a stale roll. Also, the side of cole slaw was all of 2 bites served in a small metal ramekin, hardly what I'd expect for a lunch that cost close to $20. There was no value for price paid and the experience was extremely forgettable. Won't be back.
- Noisy Highend SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/31/2014The noise level is what's most problematic at this Palm locaton. Hard surfaces present the problem. Otherwise, much improved since my first visit soon after they opened. Salads/apps good. Steaks and lobsters very good. Sides excellent. Love the cranberry walnut bread.
- Just another steak houseLocalDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Except for the remarkable space that it's in, a huge semi rotunda, we found Palm to be underwhelming. If you REALLY like anchovies order the Caesar salad. We got a handful on each salad; a bit too much even for our anchovy eater. The french fries were excellent. Otherwise, the steaks were good but very overpriced and the veal parmesan was basic. Too much salt on everything, we thought. We had a vegetarian in our group who can usually do quite well at grills because there are so many sides and salads - but that approach didn't work here. I probably wouldn't recommend Palm because there are so many other good restaurants in the area, but if you want a pricey steak house with an interior that catches your eye, this would be a good spot.Special Features:
- Power lunchDianneDined on 7/29/2014Enjoyed lunch with a new colleague. The ahi tuna salad was delicious with the chunks of mango. The servers were attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly awfulCTWBDined on 7/26/2014As a customer of the Palm for 20 years- we had there most surprisingly horrible experience. the service is impeccable. We ordered Salmon and Prime Rib. the Prime Rib was spoiled and smelled- is was discolored. When bringing it to the managements attention- they apologized- BUT CONTINUED TO SERVE THIS CUT! Can you Believe it? Another person at the next table- the same complaint. My wife's salmon was all fat and she did not eat it. They did bring me a NY strip which was very tasty- but having lost me appetite- ate 3 bites and asked to wrap it up to go home and throw the salmon out. when we got home- the salmon was in the bag and they threw the steak out. Gladly when I called back and spoke to Beth the manager she gladly refunded our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner DelightEBLunchesDined on 7/23/2014Great service, delicious food. Great environment to talk. House wine is fabulous!Special Features:
- Mostly goodHeartburnDined on 7/22/2014Friendly attentive waitress. Salmon very good. Broccoli and hash browns good. Calamari weak and red sauce (ragu?) terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014loved everything about this restaurant. we had the steaks which were outstanding,cooked perfectly. service was wonderful. everyone pleasant and attentive without being intrusive. definitely will return.Special Features:
- First time at PalmEllieDined on 7/18/2014Waiter recommended prix fix menu. We obliged. Petite filet with lobster and Bernaise was melt in your mouth tender. Lobster bisque was a standout and was gluten free (thickened with rice). Green beans were yummy with pancetta and pine nuts. Goat cheese mashed potato was tasty, as well. No room for dessert, with generous sides and a drink. Had a gift certificate which helped defray the cost. Would normally be on the high side for us. Will have to do cheap eats for awhile to make up for the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truely Happy AnniversarydinealotDined on 7/18/2014We had made note of fact this was our 50th anniversary when we made our Open Table reservation but were pleasantly surprised by all the attention paid to us on this special occasion. Brian Brosnihan, the manager, made sure to visit us several times and the Executive Chef also paid us a visit. We have dined here before and our server Joseph Rhoudou has served us before. He is professional, efficient, and friendly. Everything went perfect from our greeting at the door to our leaving. The best part though was the food. We had a lump crabmeat crab cake and it was the best we have ever had, and that includes those we had in Baltimore a couple of years ago. Filet cooked perfectly and 1/2 lobster were delicious. A great spot for a romantic meal.Special Features:
- Always a joyBensTakeVIPDined on 7/17/2014but very pricey, be prepared. The food is excellent and they will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy with the preparation.Special Features:
- JB 109OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We have dined many times at several Palm Restaurants and this was one of our best experiences. We had a reward certificate that had recently expired,but the manager Brian honored it. Our server Pasquale was great, and best of all was the Prime Rib which was a special and outstanding.
- AnneDined on 7/12/2014Service was great. Tim was very attentive. Food was good but very pricey. very noisy sitting out side. Four ambulances went by during our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014i took my wife for our 10th wedding anniversary. everything about this place was amazing, they even gave us a card signed by the staff wishing us a happy anniversary which was a really nice touchSpecial Features: