Palm Restaurant - Boston
1 International Place
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/boston
- Phone: (617) 867-9292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday, 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Moday and Tuesday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Wednesday -Friday: 3:00PM -11:00PM
Saturday, 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Karen Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Boston
For over 87 years The Palm Restaurant has been renowned for its USDA Prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, family recipe Italian entrées, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the lobby of One International Place, The Palm"s new Boston location offers seating for more than 300 patrons, extensive private dining options and a beautiful outdoor dining deck overlooking the Greenway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Palm Restaurant - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)good for groups (59)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (41)romantic (34)hot spot (28)scenic view (19)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014Best wedge salad I've ever had! The steaks and sides were delicious too. Friendly service and a nice atmosphere. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Season the meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014Portions were very large however, the lamb chops has no taste. Cooked to perfection but no taste. Last time I ordered the filet and again no taste. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Tastes great looks okaytasteynotvisualDined on 11/14/2014We were looking forward to dinning here after seeing the restaurant featured on Phantom Gourmet. Food looked so good. great ambiance. We checked out the picture gallery and menu on there site so we could have an idea what we were going to eat. Based on the photos we picked our appetizer and entree. When it came tyo the table we were a little disappointed it didn't look as appetizing as the photos or as what we saw on Phantom. Still tasted great. Drinks at the bar were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service attentive, but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/13/2014Service was very attentive, but very slow. Plan 90 minutes for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/ Great serviceScottVIPDined on 11/12/2014Steak is the focus but a good selection of other dishes. We split a lobster that was good but a little pricey given it's Boston. Great wine list- prices were reasonable. Service was outstanding. We will definetly eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicDerbsterDined on 11/8/2014The Palm is always wonderful! Great new location!Special Features:
- palmdickDined on 11/8/2014great food, large portions, shareable, expensive wines and cocktails,excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBillDined on 11/8/2014We have been to the Palm in Boston several times before and really enjoyed it. Not so this time - service was slow and poor!! And we asked how the 3lb lobster was prepared and was told it was steamed and would be cracked send easy to pick out. It was baked (overbaked) and very tough and dry. $75 disappointment. We should have sent it back.Special Features:
- Very underwhelmingGosomewhereelseDined on 11/8/2014This is not the place to go for a quality meal and great service. I ordered the 14 oz Filet and it was tough and tasteless. Would never order this again or go to this restaurant. The waiters helper knocked items over on our table and rather then pick them up he left them alone. Not a high quality dining experience.
- mrpineDined on 11/1/2014Our fifth time at the Palm, this time we did not get what we paid for. My chicken parm was not as good as the local restaurants in the North End I could only eat a small part of it. The Sword fish and the Salmon were way over done. The Hash Browns were so Salty you could only enjoy a small amount of them. The Cream Spinage was great and steak was fine but also a little over done. I know we should have advised the waiter of our concerns but we just did not want to wait another half hour.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MellowDined on 10/29/2014Wonderful, as usual! Can't go wrong with The Palm! It's a pleasure to dine.Special Features:
- Signature Palm ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014The Palm Boston has a fantastic location and ambiance. As a fan of the Palm Los Angeles, I was not disappointed. Attentive service and (overly) generous potions of great comfort food. The menu could use a bit more variety on the light/healthy side. The only real down-side is the check, which is driven skyward by predatory pricing of extras. My son ordered fabulous chicken parmesan which was large enough to feed two-three. the waitress noted when ordering that the item didn't come with pasta, and would he like to add a side order of penne. Sure, sounds good. When the bill arrived the cup of boiled pasta added 70% to the entree cost. Still, a great experience.Special Features:
- outtolunchDined on 10/27/2014Great specail lunch menu. Service was outstanding. The wait staff was very friendly and accomadating. Seating for a large group was better than most places we have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food Nice RoomKevinJoshDined on 10/25/2014I was disappointed by my steak, ordered medium rare and it was medium, could have sent it back I suppose. It wasn't awful but I expected better at a "steakhouse". The others at the table were also not blown away by the food. The waiter had a jacket with Kevin as the name tag and the bill was signed "Thanks Josh" We had a fine time and would go back.Special Features:
- GregariousGluttonDined on 10/25/2014Overpriced average sea bass, new location with high ceilings not as cozy as Copley location. Too bad.Special Features:
- Poor food in a caveNeedhamdinerVIPDined on 10/24/2014I've had better food in a high school cafeteria before. Bland to slightly nauseating flavor served in a echoing cavern of a room. The glare from the streetlight outside was the crowning glory. Waitstaff's frantic efforts to decant a mid-range bottle of wine did nothing to upgrade this pitiful experience. RUN--don't walk--away from this atrocity.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerNayNayWhiteDined on 10/22/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at The Palm. Stephani was our waitress and she was excellent. I had the lamb chops and my husband had the filet and they were both cooked perfectly. With yummy brussel spouts as a side dish. We also had calamari and ahi tuna appetizers that were done perfectly too! I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, as it is a little pricey. But you do get what you pay for and they have good size portions. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, but okChuckVIPDined on 10/22/2014Oysters were fresh. Latte was horrible. Steak salad was decent, but felt like it was sitting around for a bit as it was really dry. I wouldn't go back. Thought the lunch was really overpriced too.
- Food was trumped by wait staffDrDaveDined on 10/21/2014The food is always the best at The Palm, whether in Boston, NYC, or many other cities. However, our recent eating experience at the Boston Palm had excellent food - the bone-in filet didn't even need a knife - but the wait staff, in particular Jessica, made the night. We enjoyed great food, service, ambience, and of course, our company. We'll be back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AniversaryLastoneDined on 10/20/2014We went here for our aniversary and it was fine. it is a nice downtown steakhouse - however it was only just fine. The food was good but average. My wife wanted to try the chicken Parm. Her quote " Had better" is was very good size and was $34.00 (doesn't come with anything) so we ordered the penne ( 10.50). I know steakhouse = pay for sides, but a little pricey. And another item that was a little off was paying for desert coffee - separately - coffee = 4.50 and irish cream (11.50). I think they should work on their menu items and how it is presented. I had a filet for dinner and scallops for app. Not great - not Bad - The drinks were right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticDogearVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always a great show, super lobster and attentive staff, wonderful experience.
- 3 times and still disappointedMikeDined on 10/16/2014I have tried to have lunch their 3 time and have found the food so lacking in flavor that it will be my last. It isn't better than any of the pubs around town that are 40%less. Maybe the dinner menu is better but I am done going their for lunch.
- Basic, very expensiveDavidVIPDined on 10/11/2014The Palm offers good steaks, basic sides, and a competent wine list. Service is professional. Expect to pay through the nose for everything you eat and drink there. It is a nice place but nothing particularly noteworthy, especially for the price. 2 steaks (a sirloin and a filet), one of their least expensive bottles of cabernet, two sides (potatoes au gratin and brussel sprouts), and a slice of key lime pie (delicious, but more like key lime cheese cake, really): $220. Yikes.
- fabulous birthday dinnerluv2finedineDined on 10/11/2014The palm is one of our favorite places to eat. The location is perfect for jumping off the interstate and pulling right in. Valet parking is reasonable and very convenient! The food as always was fantastic! The staff is exceptional and make every table feel special! Can't wait to re-visit next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Palm.AnnieDined on 10/10/2014It was a special occasion my husbands birthday and I decided to take him to lunch at the Palm.. I thought the three course lunch was a spectacular reasonable deal.we both had the filet medallions just the best piece of steak I have eaten. Kevin our waiter was very professional and courteous. We will be back..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014I was expecting a lot more from this restaurant. I went with coworkers and it took us two hours for lunch and the restaurants wasn't even busy. Two out of the four steaks at the table were not cooked as ordered. Additionally, I ordered the steak lunch special medium, which comes with two petite filets. One came out medium rare and one came out medium well.
- Disappointing :(LovesToDineVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our 1st visit to the Boston location. The staff was nice enough, but not outstanding. We were a party of 4 + a well behaved infant. Our food was, at best, ok. The large salad I ordered was tasteless and the lettuce didn't taste fresh, so I sent it back. The steaks were prepared at the temperatures they were requested, however, they were not seasoned very well at all. The sides (creamed spinach & brussel sprouts) were lackluster, sprouts were sent back. Because we weren't happy with the food, we ended up with a lot of leftovers. Upon asking for them to be wrapped up, they were all randomly dumped into containers together, with no regard for whose food belonged to whom and mixing foods that wouldn't normally be rewarmed together.
- Fantastic dining experienceBillDined on 10/4/2014Went to Palm Restaurant for a birthday celebration. food and service was exceptional. can't wait to retunSpecial Features:
- MediocreFoodieDined on 10/3/2014The food was mediocre. The soup and steak came out warm and bland. It had no favor. The service was average. The waiter was very slow. The busboy was very attentive compared to the waiter.
- BruceMDined on 10/3/2014Good for a business lunch. Service was slow in seating for reservation. Table was not ready when we were taken to the table.Special Features:
- Had a business lunchiWearJeansDined on 9/29/2014I had second thoughts after making the lunch reservation, due to the negative comments on Yelp, but we went anyway. I didn't find any of the issues that others had commented about. The food was good, the service was prompt, and it was an overall positive experience. I've had lunch there before and I would have it again.Special Features:
- KittyDined on 9/27/2014Dined on Saturday 9/27/2014 and everything was Excellent. Joseph our waiter was EXCELLENT - had great recommendations and the food, incredible. The filet mignon just melted and the martini was very very good. Thank you to The Palm for making our Saturday evening spectacular.Special Features:
- Palm DinnerNo4PalmDined on 9/27/2014Apps beef carpaccio, fried calamari, stuffed clams, & "Gigi" salad. The carpaccio was still frozen, the stuffed clams were not little necks but count necks. Calamari good & salad was best app of all; no serving spoons provided to serve the salad nor was a spoon provided for the dressing on the side. Requested server hold putting in main courses but main courses arrived without a delay. Table not cleared of appetizer dishes & crumbs prior to the main course. We didn't feel that fine dining experience we expected.The filet mignon ordered medium rare. Edges dry, & center had no flavor or juices. Veal bland. Waited for lemon slices. Swordfish NOT edible-dry & flavorless.The lamb the only good entrée of the night.Special Features:
- Dry lobsterNeedham47Dined on 9/26/2014I ordered the lobster salad. Was on a business lunch-couldn't complain. The lobster was very dry and mealy. Not fresh. Must have sat in the cooler a few days. Aweful! Service and ambiance were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakPoz59VIPDined on 9/24/2014Nice to have a Palm near the Long Wharf area. Had the NY Strip which was tender and tasty. Typically great Palm service from knowledgable professional waiter. Great place for a business dinner.Special Features:
- Steak were overcookedsvo2004Dined on 9/24/20143 out of 5 steaks that we ordered were overcookeed...ordered medium-rare...got medium...didn't send mine back only because we were late for our after diner plans
- Good lunch, but not my favoriteBTBOSVIPDined on 9/23/2014I just don't find my meals at the Palm to be "great". They are good, but not great. And the bar is just too small for the size restaurant.Special Features:
- Quite a findoccasionaldinerDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was a pleasant surprise. We went for a Birthday celebration and enjoyed the liveliness of the crowd as well as the food and the personnel. We had a case of our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and will now enjoy the leftovers for at least 2 additional meals each. The food and atmosphere were excellent. I would highly recommend for a special occasion or for a group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for power lunch!BritDined on 9/19/2014The Palm in Downtown Boston is a great place for people watching, hobnobbing with professionals in the downtown Boston scene, and an enjoyable lunch. The burgers were fabulous, wine list is extensive and the service was excellent. It is the place to go when you want to linger and possibly consider a second glass of wine. The Palm has a private room for business lunches which also works very well. The decor is attractive but not intimidating. It has an ambience of comfortable elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014When you factor in: location, price, service and quality nothing beats the new addition that The Palm brings to the Financial District. It has been a staple in my arsenal of go-to places when a last minute, "where should we eat is tossed out to the group." On the other hand, when deciding whether to go to the Back-Bay for a steak or the Palm, convenience usually wins with The Palm. Favorites: Double Cut Lamb Rib Chops, Bone-In Rib Eye, Bone-In Filet for meats. In terms of Seafood - the oysters are always outstanding. The swordfish steak is always cooked to perfection and is never dry. For those that would never thing so, the Veal and Chicken Parmigiana (I know it is a steakhouse) are out of this world.Special Features: