The Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theplazany.com/dining/palmcourt/
- Phone: 2125465300x
- Hours of Operation:
Currently Open for Breakfast Only:
Monday-Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am- 11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Lockard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Plan your next Birthday, Bridal, or Corporate Event at the iconic Palm Court. The Palm Court accommodates parties of 10 - 130.
The Palm Court also offers an exclusive venue for receptions and dinners.
For additional information, please contact Cathy Grahame at (212) 546-5311 or email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Cathy Grahame 2125465311x
A word from The Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel
Geoffrey Zakarian has re-launched the iconic Palm Court at The Plaza hotel with a complete renovation helmed by Master Architect Thierry Despont. Zakarian showcases classic American menus from morning to evening, and while staying true to its original design intent, Despont has brought the grand feeling of Central Park indoors, with garden elements such as caning, large potted plants, four soaring palm trees and an oval trellised bar anchoring the room, creating an ambience that feels warm, private and glamorous. Bespoke furnishings provide a relaxed, yet elegant setting well-suited for either a professional breakfast meeting or an evening of cocktails crafted by infamous mixologist Brian Van Flandern. Afternoon Tea truly shines as well with custom tableware, a tea list with worldly depth, and of course, a bit of Eloise too. This elegant room marked with its stained glass dome and impressive height adds a touch of old New York to a very polished and modern sense of hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (20)romantic (12)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- civilized way to spend an afternoonchokpockyVIPDined on 10/26/2014the tea service was lovely, with a tasty and abundant amount of food for the tea set. it is very tranquil and provides a calm environment for a group of friends to spend a leisurely afternoon.Special Features:
- Better Than We Remembered!MeeeVIPDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I had been to The Palm Court before. This time it was just after the restoration. It's better than before because the restoration included the Court itself, menu and (somehow) they improved the service and the friendliness of the staff! Now, more than ever, The Palm Court is a NYC institution. Congratulations!Special Features:
- Special occasions diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The Plaza is a special place. The ambience and character of the Palm Court is distinctly old world. The decor is magnificent, while the quality of the food and service is first class. Don't miss the Palm Vourt for your next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!luvTroomsDined on 10/21/2014If your a tea room enthusiast its a must! An absolutley elegant experience in a New York iconic restuarant.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The most spectacular brunch that left you speechless. I couldn't have ask for anything better from The Plaza Hotel. The french toast and latte was to die for.Special Features:
- Best eggs Benedict bar none!LNMtravelDined on 10/19/2014Our breakfast at the Palm Court was one of the best ever. In fact their eggs Benedict has now become my bench mark for any other restaurant. They also have a wonderful tea selection those of us that do not enjoy coffee.Special Features:
- DisappointmentMaxkat1224Dined on 10/19/2014I always wanted to have my son have a breakfast with me at Plaza. The service was good, the restaurant itself is beautiful. We had an early breakfast, so there were not so many people. My son's pancakes from Eloise menu were absolutely great. However, my eggs Benedict were brought out cold. The ham was chewy and also cold. The potatoes were over fried and hard as rocks. Overall it was a good experience, but it was not worth $60 check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous BirthdayARTceyDined on 10/18/2014Came to The Palm Court to celebrate my 25th Birthday with my boyfriend. Everything about our experience there was remarkable. From the helpful service of our waiter, to the surprise macacroons (a treat from the restaurant for my birthday), to our outstanding tea service and the generous amount of food, we still are blown away by our time here. The atmosphere was unlike any place we had visited before, and it certainly felt as if every detail was perfectly thought of and this transported us, while subtle notes of big band music played in the background. A huge thank you to The Plaza Hotel, and Palm Court staff for making this a birthday to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea at the Palm CourttouristDined on 10/17/2014It was the opening day and everything seemed to run very smoothly. We enjoyed ourselves very much. A little on the high side for price but it was on the bucket list of a member of our party. My only suggestion, other than price, would be to offer a selection for diabetics. We had tea at the Empress Hotel on Victoria Island and they asked about specific dietary restrictions and were very accommodating. You asked about special needs - but did nothing to meet that need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My oh My!!!!FoodloverDined on 10/12/2014It's been a dream of mine to visit the Palm Court after seeing it in so many old movies. On this, my first visit to New York, I was thrilled to learn the Palm Court was open for breakfast and I was able to snag a reservation for breakfast. The food was fabulous -- Eggs Benedict like none I've ever eaten before -- a beautiful setting that I will remember for many months to come. I highly recommend it even tho it was quite pricey. It's a wonderful special occasion meal out.Special Features:
- $24 OJOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014don't get a refill on your $12 orange juice....that 5 oz's will cost you $24 when you get another glass.
- classydinersDined on 10/5/2014We anxiously awaited our trip to NYC which included breakfast in the newly renovated Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel, and were not disappointed. Details are absolutely beautiful and exceeded website description. We highly recommend making reservations for this lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience808foodieDined on 9/23/2014Made reservations through Open Table...very convenient. Upon arrival, greeting by the host was extremely courteous and sincere. Initial service (water, coffee, juice) was done efficiently and pleasantly. Waiter was courteous and very pleasant. Food came in a timely manner (although it wasn't crowded). Follow-up inquiries at our table were just right (not too frequent). Overall, a good dining experience. Although the overall breakfast was pricey, the ambiance and service was nice and I would recommend this place to anyone that wants a classy dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This is an elegant, pricey spot in a beautiful hotel. Presentation is wonderful with not your usual fare however, be aware that this is an expensive meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the The Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel reviews archive.