The Palette Bistro & Bar
104 West Green Street
Snow Hill, MD 21863Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Palette Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thepaletterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4106320055
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Phillip Cropper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Call for Prices and Menu Selections
- Private Party Facilities: Private Space Available with advanced noticed for groups of 8-35
- Private Party Contact: Phil Cropper 4106320055
- Entertainment: We offer Live bands in the Gallery Loft Bar a few Times a month. Visit our web site for detailed information
A word from The Palette Bistro & Bar
Located just a block away from the scenic black water of the Pocomoke River,and Court house we are one of Snow Hill's premier restaurants. Open Year-round. Locally owned and operated by Phil Cropper and Keith Hall. Serving the finest Fresh - Local- Organic Farm to table Foods possible. The Menu Changes Nightly in an intimate atmosphere with exceptional service. The Palette is Proud to display the beautiful paintings by local artist Kirk McBride and Lynn Lockhart We would like to welcome you to visit what we feel like is our home and Gallery . With over 25 years of combined culinary experience our chef's make every effort to serve you the freshest menu possible. Our entire staff is dedicated to our purpose, which is to give you an all around excellent dining experience. With only the highest quality food and, excellent service and an amazing home town atmosphere; our wish is to serve you well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Palette Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- No more alcohol servedsnowhillguyDined on 8/16/2013The food was freshly prepared and well-presented. I have been to this restaurant many times since it opened and it was always superb, now it is just good and they no longer serve beer, wine, or spirits. We did not see the sign at the bottom of the window and proceeded to order our dinner wine. The server was very polite and informed us that they no longer serve any alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bad Rap for a Great PlacemickeybdcDined on 7/20/2013Earlier reviews were highly critical of the place for losing their alcohol privileges from local bureaucrats, who unlike many localities will not allow customers to bring their own bottle- ridiculous in a town that's trying to create more economic activity. Nevertheless the food was to die for, the service was impeccable and the setting was quite comfortable. It happens that the restaurant lost or had their license suspended right on the 4th, without much warning and understandably threw them for a loop. Give them another chance and you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wineNickDined on 7/20/2013While enjoying great food, after our arrival at this restaurant we had been told that they no longer served alcohol. I was so forward looking for a good bottle of wine to go with my meal. We have dined at this restaurant several times before enjoying a great meal with a good selection of wine, but after being informed that they will no longer carry alcohol we will no longer be dining at this establishment.
- Unfortunately, they have lostOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2013Unfortunately, they have lost their ability to serve wine and local laws do not even allow customers to bring their own., so do not be surprised. The food rated would have been a 4 star except for our tastes far too much salt was used in prep of the pork loin entree. We would return in the future if they can offer wine.
- Limited Menu and No Liquor LicenseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2013Went on a Saturday night and the restaurant was not busy. The one page menu had only six entrée items and the restaurant no longer sells wine or beer. Although they had several appetizers, the kitchen had only 2 seafood entrées (salmon and tuna, but no crab cakes), and they ran out of the tuna. The food taste and preparation, although very good, was not as appealing as it has been in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing this year!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2013We've been to the Palette many times and always had a wonderful time with GREAT food and service. This year it was very disappointing. No wine list and no ability to bring in liquor. They only had five appetizers and five main courses. And one of the main courses - the only meat they were out of by 7:30 PM. No crabmeat, scallops or shrimp on the menu. Only one server - who was hustled off his feet and the customers waited. The restaurant was ready to close by 9 PM. And their retail store next door was closed by 7:30p - even though the sign said it was open until 9p. Would not go again. Would not recommend it to anybody else.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2013We have been here many times in the past. The food as always was delicious. We sat upstairs were we always sit, on this visit it was very very warm!! The thermometer read 82* the ceiling fan did not help. Most disappointing was when we asked for one alcoholic drink we were informed they did not serve alcohol. This was not like previous visits. We overheard another patron say that the liquor license has been suspended. We drove over 30 miles for our dinner and one of our guests was not pleased about this development. Upon leaving we did see a sign posted on the front window. We will definitely call before we take the long drive there for dinner.
- Recent visitrpkpDined on 6/22/2013The food at this neighborhood gem was, as usual, very good. Unfortunately, their liquor license is under suspension. I don't know when the suspension became effective nor when it will be lifted. If alcohol is important with your meal, I suggest you call first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingFoodeleighDined on 6/7/2013Food is always spot on and seasonally thoughtful .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Liquor LicenseMikeVIPDined on 5/21/2013My wife and I planned on a nice dinner based on reviews of the restaurant. Imagine our surprise at arriving at a white table cloth restaurant with a sign out front advertising food and spirits and being told they did not serve wine. My shock was apparent and I asked whether there was a liquor store close where I could acquire a bottle to bring in. No soap on this either. We ended up having an appetizer course which arrived slowly and left for another establishment down the street.
- Mother's Day BrunchNASArocketmanDined on 5/12/2013My wife and I went for the Mother's Day Brunch and it was a treat. The food and service were excellent. Recommend reservations though they will do their best to fit you in. This was our second time there and will not be our last. They change their menu weekly so if you have a favorite dish then call ahead to see what is on the menu, though we haven't had any food that wasn't prepared and presented professionally. Our compliments to owner and chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palette was a perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013The Palette was a perfect place for a birthday brunch. Each dish was reportedly delicious and obviously prepared with care and artistry.Special Features:
- Nice salad. Chicken, potatoes,VprofyDined on 4/20/2013Nice salad. Chicken, potatoes, mushrooms. -- good comfort food. Waiter a bit quick clearing table and his answer to a question about salad was I don't know. And he wasn't taking time to find out for you.
- Very nice restaurant in abcluckyVIPDined on 3/30/2013Very nice restaurant in a small town near Eastern Shore, MD. Cozy, comfortable, small dining room wit a nice menu and very well prepared food. We will return when in the area.Special Features:
- We had a great Sunday Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013We had a great Sunday Brunch. The food was outstanding (as always )Special Features:
- Food was great..the only changeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013Food was great..the only change would be the wine list...not enough bottles prices in the thirty dollar range ..need more chard and cab on list!!
- Eaten at The Palette quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Eaten at The Palette quite a few times. Always perfect. Love it.Special Features:
- Freat food near MD's east coast!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013This small resturant in the iddle of Snow Hill, Maryland is very popular with locals (If you can call 30 miles away as we and our friends are). Located about 25 miles from Ocean City, Maryland it is well worth the drive for tourists too. Each dish is exquisitly prepared with fresh ingredients. I'd give it 10 stars if I could and then I would tack on another couple for the fresh home baked deserts. Simply amazing!!!Special Features:
- The menu was limited and aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013The menu was limited and a bit conventional; but the cooking itself was beyond reproach. I didn't know salmon could taste that good.Special Features:
- We have been several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We have been several times, overall everything has always been great. The petite filet with reduction sauce was great. I was a little disappointed with the oyster's casino, way to much breading.Special Features:
- Had a spinach salad and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Had a spinach salad and the petite filet, both were phenomenal! The chef here is fantastic, highly recommended.Special Features:
- First time at the Palette.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013First time at the Palette. We selected a bottle of wine. Our waitress (Priscilla) asked us if we would like water. She didn't bring it until we reminded her of it later in the meal. We didn't like the fact that you have to pay for bread. We still find it to be a turn off. We both ordered the filet, were not given a steak knife, however it was juicy and tender enough that we didn't need one. There were other tables getting more attention than we were, seemed they were regulars. We ended up having to wait over 20 minutes to get our change. Our waitress forgot to bring it, then it was given to the wrong table. Our food was great, yes to Oysters Casino. Overall, the food was excellent, the service lacking for the caliber of the restaurant.Special Features:
- My wife and go to the PaletteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013My wife and go to the Palette several times a month for Sunday Brunch. We have never been disappointed or left hungry. The stuffed French toast is amazing.Special Features:
- This was our fourth time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013This was our fourth time dining here. It never disappoints. The menu changes almost every season and its always a treat. The pork shank is not to be missed!Special Features:
- We have only eaten at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013We have only eaten at the Palette Bistro at lunch. We find the food to be superb. Phil Cropper knows all of the secrets for preparing delicious food with the perfect seasoning. We love dining there!!Special Features:
- Such a lovely evening! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Such a lovely evening! Great wine, amazing food, and lovely ambiance. Very good service, as well. We would definitely recommend The Palette without hesitation!Special Features:
- I met a friend at the PaletteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013I met a friend at the Palette for dinner. We had a wonderful evening with outstanding food and service. The crab cakes that I had were the best I have had anywhere!!! I tell everyone how great the Palette is and that I will always be a regular customer!Special Features:
- Great find in SnowhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We have been here for lunch and dinner several times and we always enjoy the food and the service. We travel from Salisbury to Snowhill just to dine here. The menu is diverse and the food is great!Special Features:
- This is our local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012This is our local restaurant of choice and we are regulars. Can't recommend it enough.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure dining there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Always a pleasure dining there. From the appetizers to the main coarse, everything was prepared to please the palette, a fine dining experience well worth it.Special Features:
- Food was very good. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Food was very good. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to dine out for a special occasion!Special Features:
- We had an epic meal. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012We had an epic meal. It was crowded, but not overwhelming and our food was delicious and hot and served in a timely manner. The Palette needs a bit of work on their wine list. Its a bit narrow, and we had to pick three different bottles to finally find one that they had in stock....however, service was solid and the quality of the food more than made up for the wine faux pas... We plan to return soon.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and thePeachesDined on 11/29/2012Food was excellent and the service is great. Love this place!Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012One of our favorite restaurants. Always a great experience!
- Excellent food and wine! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Excellent food and wine! Service was outstanding. Our waiter, Richard, was the best!Special Features:
- This restaurant is well worthOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/10/2012This restaurant is well worth the 35-45 min. drive!! The filet was awesome! Their small house salad is big and very yummy!! Great Asian pears,unfortunately they ran out of the Chocolate Mousse cake my husband wanted:(. We plan on going about once a month for sure!
- Wonderful wonderful wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2012Worth the drive, wonderful food. The menu is diverse and affordable .Special Features:
- Very expensive- but completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Very expensive- but completely worth it for a special night out!Special Features:
- This was our first visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012This was our first visit, & it was great. We were greeted at the door immediately & shown to our table. We were offered a drink & menu. We ordered the Farmhouse Flat bread for a starter & it was AMAZING! I would go back just for that! It had fig, two types of cheese, & caramelized onions. The soup & salad (purchased separately) were great as well. I had the chicken dish & it was delicious. The staff were very attentive, friendly & knowledgeable about the food. The downsides were the shockingly loud group next to us, & the Al-a-carte menu. The entrees started at $23 & did not come with bread or a starter. I understand local, organic food is pricier (and better), but that seemed a bit expensive to not even include bread for the table.Special Features:
- Best Restuarant on the lower shoreOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/15/2012Find Snow Hiill. Just go... You'll understand the chatter about this place once you get the food. And by all means, save room for desert .Special Features: