3047 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalacesf.com/
- Phone: 4156665218
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00pm-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Steakhouse, South American
- Executive Chef: Manny Torres Gimenez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Large trays of rotisserie chicken, grilled steaks, roasted pork, fried fish and seasonal vegetables. With sides of rice, beans, plantains, salad.
- Private Party Facilities: Min 20 people, up to 40 people. Starts at $150 per person.
- Private Party Contact: Katerina 4156665218
A word from The Palace
We are a husband and wife operation. We go to the Farmers market every morning and hand pick the best California has to offer. Menu changes every day based on availability and season. We source our protein also from local farmers. Even though we are not a traditional steakhouse our beef comes from Snake River Farms, Idaho. The concept of the restaurant is fine dining for hard working people inspired by chefs Venezuelan heritage while using fine cuisine techniques from around the world. It is a casual atmosphere with a feeling you are in a friends house for dinner. Therefore, your choices of food and wine are limited. You get what is recommended by a host, while all your allergies and restrictions will be gladly accommodated. The 5 course tasting menu is $50 all protein based, it starts with seafood and ends with beef. San Francisco Chronicle food critic Michael Bauer rated our food 3 stars and the deal of the year, the atmosphere of the restaurant is nothing fancy but the food is goodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Exterior belies restaurant qualitybacmVIPDined on 10/17/2014The outside of the Palace doesn't invite, it gives no hint of what is inside. But the food was amazing. It's intimate in that the chef often brings out courses and tells you about them. The staff is friendly and competent. If you prefer having more control over what you eat this might not be the restaurant for you, but we enjoy the idea of letting the chef decide on the menu for you...especially when the dishes were so tasty. Limited wines by the glass but they were quite good for the price. An altogether very satisfying meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent meal and dealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014The Palace still has the old exterior of the Palace Family Steak House, but the inside has been updated into a comfortable, pleasant setting. Changes seem to be happening incrementally. They now have white tablecloths and comfortable seating with one old booth remaining as an homage to the original restaurant. The food is exceptional. A five-course $50 prix fixe menu (plus amuse). They will accommodate allergies but do not have a vegetarian option. This is a 3 person operation. Service is friendly and gracious, with the chef and sous chef serving some of the courses. No longer BYOB, there is a $15 corkage fee. The pork with pasta, lamb, fish w/spicy slaw and beef were each favorites with members of our group. A great find!Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014I chose this place from a list provided to me by OpenTable, and boy did they get it right. Our party ended up being 9 people, and they accommodated all the various dietary requests (from vegan to 'no beets'). The food was very tasty and perfectly portioned for a five course meal.Special Features:
- Don't judge the book by its coverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The couple who are running this restaurant is an amazing couple and they prepare amazing food. Five course pre-fix menu that will not disappoint. Come early and stay late and take the opportunity to talk to the owners. They will make you feel like you are having a dinner party at your own house.Special Features:
- A dining surpriseJaniceDined on 9/24/2014There is no a la carte ordering but rather a 5 course sampler --' all of which was very tasty. Pacing and service excellent. Noise level very low do that my dinner partner and I were able to converse easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOBhappydinerDined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent. Taster menu for $50....excellent value. The problem arose because 'untruths' were told We were presented with an 'upgrade' from the chef of a small plate of wagu beef. We were very grateful and fully believed that the offering was complimentary. However $40 was added to the bill. In addition we we're let to believe that the chef would pair wine at $20 per head. Again seemed great value. We got some smallish glasses of wine with first courses but after three of these we needed a red for the beef course. I ordered one and said we would pay extra of course if we had exceeded our limit. What a suprise when we got our final bill of more than $325!!! Remember food was promised at $50 per head. Shame about the dishonesty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW, a true diamond in the roughCarrieVIPDined on 9/17/2014My colleagues and I almost kept going after driving by this place. Do yourself a favor and don't judge by the exterior. Absolutely amazing food and service. We had a five course meal fit for any occasion. It was a great retreat from the normal business dinner. My only suggestion for the restaurant is to keep the thermostat a little cooler. It did get very warm. The service was so good when we weren't fond of their wine selection (due to the type and region, not quality), they went out and bought a bottle more to our wishes. And WOW the food. I travel around 80% for business and there are few places I would make it a point to go back to visit. This is one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulstellamaris1031Dined on 9/6/2014Exquisite food, can't beat the price, you get so much value...love this place.Special Features:
- Golden every timeRdw234VIPDined on 9/6/2014Been twice now and each time 100% new and original menu. The salmon was water poached and in a watercress purée that made it melt in your mouth. In general he does exceptional things with puréed and sauces. Really creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Palace reviews archive.