The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
601 Vine St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.palacecincinnati.com/
- Phone: (513) 381-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe West
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fine Art of Hospitality. The Cincinnatian Hotel & Palace Restaurant are committed to the fine art of ensuring that your catered affair is executed with the optimum quality, value and service.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Lockwood 8886539784
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday and Saturday evening 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Special Events:
A word from The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
Welcome to The Palace, offering fine dining within the historic Cincinnatian Hotel. Our elegant dining room, innovative menu and seamless, classic service create a one-of-a-kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (51)romantic (44)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Unique & fun experienceLishDined on 4/25/2014We really enjoyed this meal, especially getting to taste some unusual & unique foods, some of which were offered complimentary. I was impressed by the flavors, creativity, and unique ingredients that went into our meal. What a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Maybe my expectations were too high for this $50 brunch, I was not impressed with either the quality of the food and definitely not the service. My daughter and I were there for several hours, we had to ask several times to order a drink. After 2hrs I asked for more coffee, the waitress just added new coffee into the coffee that had been sitting there. I expected a fresh cup. In addition, I had to remind her I wanted more coffee three times…we were the only table in her service area, so it wasn't that she was that busy!!!! I did leave a 20% tip, which in retrospect was We both agreed we would never recommend to our Cincy friends or go back again. For the price, I think there are much better options
- ElegantJu1244Dined on 4/20/2014Not to be overlooked is this elegant, upscale restaurant that serves solid european fare in a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchDazzlingdanVIPDined on 4/20/2014The room was great, very warm and elegant. The service was erratic at best, had t ask for coffee a couple of times, and the wine took an interminable amount of time to arrive. We skipped the breakfast items. The entree courses particularly the salmon was very good. While the beef and lamb were tasty, it seemed as though the carver was rationing the portion size. Also, the asparagus pan was empty, and when we went back in 5-10 minutes it was still not replenished. Dessert selection was skimpy, and there was a line because creeps were made to order so it was difficult to get to the few other items that were ferried.Special Features:
- Not fit for a Easter bunnyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was very disappointing to our entire family. This latest rendition is a far cry from its' glory days of 10 + years ago. Food was poor, servers and managers seemed amateurish and in over their heads.
- A night to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We could not have had a more enjoyable dining experience. The he'd is a master at pairing flavors, creating unique seasonal dishes that won us both over. We looked at each other after our meal and said "lets do it again tomorrow!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceBashDukeFanDined on 4/18/2014My partner and I went to The Palace to celebrate 15 years together and her 50th birthday. We were the only table in the restaurant for an hour before anyone else arrived. We thought the food was unique and tasty and the presentation was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestAppenzellerDined on 4/10/2014This was our 3rd visit ( even tough we live 250 miles away. They where all memorable. This new chef has a good emphasis on flavor combination. I find the only comparable is the Picasso restaurant in Vegas. This place would be booming if it was in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palace DiningGratefulDined on 4/9/2014Had a great lunch at the Palace. Staff is extremely friendly while remaining professional. Food preparation is excellent and tastes wonderful. Definitely worth a visit to experience truly fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were only 8 diners incupidDined on 4/5/2014There were only 8 diners in the entire resturant and two left shortly after we got there. For a Sat night, it was very empty. Service was outstanding. The Palace needs to advertise if they want more diners. i don't know how they stay open. The portion sizes were good on everything but the steak. The steak was way to small for $23 - only about 4 bites.Special Features:
- Don't wait for a special occasion!Nightin65Dined on 4/5/2014So apparently the Palace Restaurant had been struggling a bit since Jose Salazar left to open his new restaurant. Well now they have a new chef, Joe West, and he is very talented. I would especially recommend the Tuna with fresh chive & boccerones dressing appetizer & the Lamb with blood orange, gem lettuce and black garlic. Both were fabulous and there are many more innovative, beautifully presented dishes on the menu. Chef West also sends out complementary amuse-bouche in between courses that were amazing. Our favorite was an Asparagus panna cotta with Meyer lemon and pickled mustard gelee. The flavor exploded in your mouth! Many think of restaurants only on special occasions. If you like great food, why wait? We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs workheroVIPDined on 3/29/2014Approach is lovely with amuse bouche interspersed throughout each course; but timing is off and meal was good vs great. Chef needs to rework the recipes for more flavor/punch/blending. Kitchen staff needs to keep on top of their orders. took 1 1/2 hours to get to our entree and that was more time than we had given other activities in the evening. If food gets reworked, this could end up returning to a destination, that is your evening, place
- Wonderful ExperienceLuv2dineDined on 3/21/2014I can not say enough about the wonderful dining experience at the Palace Restaurant. The menu is inventive and absolutely delicious. Every course was special from presentation to perfect taste. The staff was friendly and attentive, and the chef is truly gifted. We will definitely return on our next visit to Cincinnati.Special Features:
- Playing with FoodJSiskDined on 3/15/2014This was my first meal at The Palace. This hotel restaurant came well recommended. However, its recent change to a "tasting menu" should have forewarned me. The menu consists of very small portioned courses, so the meal comes to the table incrementally. We arrived at 5:30p for a pre-concert dinner. I advised the waiter of our time schedule. By 6:20, we had seen only first course, so I had another conversation with the waiter and things got going. But no time for a dessert. With tip and no alcohol, this was a $125 meal for two. Some of the food was interesting, but for me it bordered on weird at times - like a bored chef, playing out his food fantasies at my expense. Unsuccessful experimentation. Playing with my food.
- Foodie FindTFBIGVIPDined on 3/14/2014If you love to experiment with a tasting menu this is the best place in the citySpecial Features:
- Major disappointmentdeejal01VIPDined on 3/8/2014Having been a patron for years, the newly designed Palace Restaurant has completely missed the mark altogether. While the service is attentive, borderline, annoying, the food leaves a lot to be desired for. The cute little appetizer spoons are cute...and nothing else. The food itself...just simy uncalled for and is a true.embarrassment to the restaurant. Portion sizes are extremely tiny and completely disproportionate to the prices of the food. The menu provides a very limited selection of foods and an allergen menu is unavailable. Due to teeeeny tiny portions (I ate ALL of scallops in less than one minute) and lack of menu variety, this restaurant does not meet the standards of being personally recommended.
- Birthday CelebrationkkcincyDined on 3/8/2014We came to the Palace for an 80th birthday celebration. The service was wonderful and we had a nice private room. The food was delicious, although the portions are somewhat small for the price. Other than that, it was a fabulous evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blondie's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Service is excellent. John McLean is perfect for his role as the front man for the Palace. Brenda and her support group do an outstanding job of taking care of us. Food is very good but portions are smaller if you have not been since January. They tell you up front so if your hungry get two entrees. Soufflé for desert is worth the trip . We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new menu is disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/1/2014The new menu is disappointing and too expensive for the portions. If I want snack food I can get it cheaper many other places.
- utmost service; small food portionslukerDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed our date night, and appreciated the attentive service from the entire staff. We had good kid-free night and conversation, which we appreciated. But we didn't expect the dinner portions to be so small. Our server warned us that they had a new chef, and menu changed to be tasting portions. Chef presented the food well, and taste was good. But I literally went home and made a sandwich.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014I am a vegetarian the waiter recommended a few sides that the chef could specially prepare for a vegetarian and he recommended I leave the entree up to the chef so I did and it was wonderful! Loved it and my husband and I will definitely return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef is amazingsamanthaDined on 2/22/2014I can't believe the difference a year makes! Last year my husband and I had a nice meal at The Palace; this year, a MEMORABLE one! Congratulations to Chef West. We hope t meet y on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have eaten at the PalacebethVIPDined on 2/18/2014I have eaten at the Palace and Cricket for years. I was disappointed, as way my guest, to learn of the menu change that did not include any salads that were substantial enough or interesting enough for a meal. I used to order the Cobb salad or some variation. The current salad with goat cheese, even with the chicken was not enough to fill us up. Honestly, I doubt I will return with the menu as is.
- Small Plates, Big BillFishyVIPDined on 2/12/2014New chef is right on with the small plates concept. Room is as quiet and lovely as always. Not cheap, but this kind of quality never is.Special Features:
- The Palace is Chef -Less AgainAuntBarbDined on 1/3/2014We come to the Palace Regularly for Dinner and wanted to give it a try for Breakfast and we were not disappointed. As usual service was spot on and the food was served hot and beautifully. We were however disappointed to learn that Chef Beaudin was leaving the following week to pursue outside ventures. It seems that the hotel has been having a hard time keeping a chef. Not sure what the food will be now but we will not be going back until they find a new chef. I am sure they will get one soon and we look forward to trying their food.Special Features:
- New Years Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2014While what was served was fine, we were expecting a more extensive array of choices. Scrambled eggs where the only choice, no omelets. No waffles or pancakes, only dry French toast. The food we had was fine it just didn't measure up to other downtown hotel brunches.
- Food is not good at allOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I had New Year Eve dinner here. For Entree I choose the Lamb Shank with "rissotto", my husband the Tenderloin. My lamb + rissotto was really bad, no taste, the "rissotto" was not even close to a rissotto. They ran out of tenderloin so gave us a ribeye steak, was ok in taste, and the asparagus were overcooked. Definetely for the price they were charging and the type of restaurant they are this was a big disappointment. They took one meal charge out of thebill to make it up to us and the service was very good. We used to go on a regular basis when Chef Salazar was in charge and the food was always excellent.
- New Year's Eve packageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Purchased a New Year Eve Package. Very disappointed with the food in the Palace Restaurant. The dinner was massed produced , reheated . When we went to the Palace for brunch, the food was almost gone and not presented very well. Half way thru the brunch a server ask if we would like coffee . Way over priced for that caliber food. The staff at the hotel were great and very impressed with the room. Next yr I will stay at the hotel but eat elsewhere .
- Perfect for entertaining guestsdinerVIPDined on 12/27/2013We were a party of 7 seated in the private room in the very back of the restaurant. It was a late reservation and our servers stayed until we were completely finished - no pressure. We ordered scallops, venison, filet, salmon and pork and all were incredible. Chef Matthew uses simple ingredients - there aren't strange and unfamiliar flavor combinations but food that reminds you of family cooking, but presented with such quality and flair that you know it's a top-flight restaurant. John McClean helped us select a Merlot from the cellar to pair with a variety of main courses. Brenda coordinated service with the perfect personal touch. Overall, another great evening of conversation with our guests - not too stuffy and quite memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at The PalaceMichaelDined on 12/24/2013We have dined at The Palace several times over the years. Food, service and ambience are always top notch. The maitre d' is outstanding. On our first anniversary, he was excellent in arranging some special service and attention and he is a big reason why we return to The Palace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNFRIENDLY, LONG WAITS, OVERPRICEDCHRISTMASEVEDined on 12/24/2013I CAN'T SAY IT ANY BETTER THAN THE REVIEW TITLE IMPLIES
- Christmas EvekennDined on 12/24/2013Last year on Christmas Eve service was a bit slow but the food was excellent. This year even with a price fixed menu with limited choices the service was worse.. It took 15 minutes for menus. It took 45 minutes for appetizers which were ordinary. Soups lacked cream and were lukewarm. The beef entre was warm but not hot . The short rib entrée was not even warm . Both the waiter and maitre'd apologized profusely and comped the wine and one entrée. But the real problem is the new chef is not up the high quality of the previous one. The food was not even ordinary. I realize it is not fair to judge on any one visit. But consistency is the hallmark of a fine dining restaurant. At its prices it was not worth it.
- Beautiful, food not so hotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013Food was just not very hot. After first 2 courses we told server, she apologized and said she tell them. But the main course again was a little on the cold side of lukewarm. We usually go to orchids for special occasions but thought we'd try the Palace for a change, Christmas Eve. It was a nice change but food just not up to par. I think they were having an issue in the kitchen, looked like some wrangling between servers and MD. We'll try again since it was lovely spot but if food is not better, that will be it.Special Features:
- not for brunchzappleVIPDined on 12/22/2013Great lunch and dinner restaurant. It was terrible for brunch with a limited selection on the buffet and items not replenished. Some of the very limited items that were supposed to be offered were empty. We waited too long to be seated and our party of three was seated at a table set for two. It was, however, very inexpensive for the limited brunch.
- Disappointing and poor serviceQbanitaVIPDined on 12/22/2013We won't go back. We called ahead to ask for two high chairs and they were not ready for us. When we arrived no one greeted us. It was over 15 minutes before someone checked in to take our drink order. The buffet ran out of muffins and plates. My daughter had to go several times to the buffet. No one introduced themselves by name. Finally the server came over to take our order. It was over 30 minutes before we were served from the menu. There were a lot of staff but no one cared to help us. We heard that they were going to be very busy for afternoon tea. There was a lot of confusion with other orders. So disappointing!!
- The Palace Restaurant is outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013The Palace Restaurant is outstanding!! Words can't describe the food or attention to detail. I will return often and you will toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Date!Andy10115Dined on 12/20/2013The service was a bit slow, but acceptable because the food was worth the wait. My wife and I both had the Pork. It was very good however my wife's pork loin was cooked much better than mine. Although mine was still delicious. The desert tart however , was to die for!!!!!! Very nice place for a relaxing date. Live music really sets a nice tone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blame the chefbunbunDined on 12/20/2013Were seated immediately,seemed to be alitttle rushed to order.apetitizers arrived in due time,butternut squash soup was divine.now the wait began.almost ONE HOUR AFTER APETITIZERS,our waiter apologized for the fourth or fifth time the chef had overcooked the sole and had to start over-ergo one hour to entre time ,but all is well the dinner,drinks,and desserts were complimentary.a welcome treat believe me .my filet mignon was cooked perfectly,the sole with caper butter was delicious.desserts wete okay mousse choc.cake and cheesecake the restaurant is beautiful.acouple seated next to us were alittle too close.you coul easily hear conversation.this was our fourth time there,and the first time with such a problem therefore i still recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013We had a wonderful dining experience., the service was exceptional and the new chef is excellent. Only request, bring back happy hour until 7.Special Features:
- Alternative to the OrchidHungryVIPDined on 12/14/2013We stayed at the Hilton Netherlands and were looking forward to eating at their famous Orchid restaurant. The restaurant was sold out which left us stranded and hungry for an elegant meal elsewhere. Thanks to Open Table we discovered The Palace restaurant nearby; and I am so glad that we did! Excellent accross the board!Special Features: