The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
601 Vine St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.palacecincinnati.com/
- Phone: 5133813000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe West
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fine Art of Hospitality. The Cincinnatian Hotel & Palace Restaurant are committed to the fine art of ensuring that your catered affair is executed with the optimum quality, value and service.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Lockwood 8886539784
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday and Saturday evening 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Special Events:
A word from The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
Welcome to The Palace, offering fine dining within the historic Cincinnatian Hotel. Our elegant dining room, innovative menu and seamless, classic service create a one-of-a-kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (55)romantic (46)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesome Anniversary DinnerDaveVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Palace restaurant is certainly one for special occasions. We had the 5 course meal and the executive chef provided a wonderful culinary experience. He was able to accommodate a Gluten Free requirement without impacting the overall quality or experience. The service was top notch and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite presentation & flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/4/2014We ordered two 5 course tasting dinners - every dish they had on the menu. Each course was beautifully presented and full of a wonderful mix of flavors to delight our taste buds. We were brought tastings between each course that were also perfection. We agreed that this was one of our favorite meals ever, and definitely the best goetta dish - Vietnamese style.Special Features:
- Exceptional DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Our recent meal at The Palace was among one of the most memorable of our 30+ years living in Cincinnati. The fixed-price menu was varied in its options, and each course was exceptionally prepared, presented and executed. (And they tasted pretty good, too!) Service was impeccable, and the hours slid by course after course. Highly, highly recommended!Special Features:
- Very nice experienceCarlaDined on 8/29/2014The person who served us was excellent, the food was - well, it put us in a food comma, the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Good food, good wine, good familydinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our family party of 6 enjoyed an excellent dinner at the Palace. The tasting menu portions were plenty and cooked to our liking. Special requests were accommodated with kindness and grace. There were wine pairings for each course which were graciously reduced in portion for some in our party. Service was well-executed. It was so enjoyable to try dishes beyond the normal salad and main course that were balanced and full of flavor. The live music on Saturdays does not overwhelm and makes an evening where you can actually have conversations. Too many restaurants are so loud that you have to shout to be heard. John McLean's gracious welcome makes you feel like an old friend. This is a hidden gem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, JoeAdjunctWizardDined on 8/22/2014Chef Joe West IS the best. An excellent anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment!Rav123VIPDined on 8/21/2014Food not good; service poor. It is a lovely place, but the food and service are reflected in the sparse gathering.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Creative offerings, impeccably prepared, and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerRebeccaDined on 8/16/2014We had a great dinner at The Palace. Brenda was an excellent hostess. We went for Restaurant Week and took advantage of the $35 for 3 course meal deal. There were two options for each course and we tried them all. The skirt steak meal was AMAZING and we really enjoyed the little appetizers that came out between courses. Of course it is a restaurant in a hotel, and that is what it feels like (tables were not very intimate) but the piano music was enjoyable. We will come again!!Special Features:
- WonderfulschuVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was anxious to try The Palace again and with a new chef. It was fabulous. Every course was a treat and we were offered several little savories between each course. I would highly recommend The Palace as a first rate place to dine in downtown Cincinnati.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceorlaDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely fantastic experience in every way. We had a fantastic server who couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.Special Features:
- Little Tastes are Big DifferenceflywamsrDined on 8/13/2014Restaurant week opens many places to try. We have been to The Placace many times so all the little tastes (amuse bouche) between courses seemed usual. This was our third Restaurant Week evening out. Neither the other dining experiences included any such extras--All were FINE evenings. The portions were small but were just right our night out. The also offered wine pairings that were a $35 up charge. IT WAS THE IDEAL addition to the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was deliciousdockmbDined on 8/13/2014The prefix choices for restaurant week were outstanding. We'll be coming back for the regular menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen blunderscrazy4wineVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had several foul- ups in our order from the kitchen. They said they were having trouble with their print outs. Our waitress covered for their errors with a little extra wine each time.Special Features:
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceLynn27Dined on 8/12/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and came to The Palace for Restaurant Week. The service was excellent, and the staff very attentive. We had a wonderful evening and enjoyed our dinner!Special Features:
- Extremely unsatisfactoryfingers37Dined on 8/12/2014We wanted to dine at this known restaurant during Restaurant week and had a reservation for 6:45pm for 3 people.We arrived on time and left at 10:30 & had the 3 course for $35ea The service was extremely slow despite the fact there were many empty tables and quite enough staff. When I asked when the dessert would be served after waiting 30", the waitress seemed curt and annoyed. The main course arrived at best lukewarm and the beef looked like leftovers. One of the party order the skate and it too was not hot. between the first and second course (we surmised because of the slow service) we were served tasteless tiny orders one of which tasted like a spoonful of cold cream of corn soup and watermelon juice. Our bill was $225. without tip.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ExperienceLovesteakVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had the 7 course meal with wine pairing. Excellent choice, our server Chris did a fantastic job describing the wine and how it was paired with each course. Service was great and very attentive without being overbearing. After the meal we were invited into the kitchen and got to meet the chef Joe West, and discuss the courses and how they developed them. One of the best dining experiences in Cincinnati, will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening!BillDined on 8/7/2014Starting with great service from John, combined with excellent food from the kitchen, the tasting menu was an excellent choice.Special Features:
- palace diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I have never experienced fine dining before. This was a very special occasion for several family members. I was one of the best dining experiences I have ever encountered. My family was impressed and memories were made, thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a delightful surprise!KenwoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014I hadn't been there for ages. My mistake - the experience was as good as the day it opened! The new menu is incredible.Special Features:
- Fabulous new menu!JsimDined on 7/26/2014We visited the Palace last Saturday and were AMAZED at the wonderful prix-fixe menu. While it is a little overwhelming at first, the experience is wonderful. Every dish is a work of art! If you are a foodie, this is the place for you. If you just want to eat a steak, go somewhere else. This is an evening you will never forget. Besides the great food, there is a jazz quartet to serenade you through your meal. We were there almost 3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it! Congratualtions to chef Joe West and his team, as well as John McLean the Maitre'd. Service is wonderful, an elegant evening. Be sure to valet park, they keep your vehicle right outside! We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014The new chef is doing an outstanding job as is the pastry chef. The Palace is back on my dining list.Special Features:
- Great evening!thatoneguyDined on 7/18/2014Excellent service, amazing and delicious food. The staff was friendly and spot on, and the chef is doing some amazing things. My only regret is NOT choosing the 9 course option! I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014We were there for the Thursday Buffet. I was looking forward to sampling creations of Joe West, and was slightly disappointed. We thought may be he had the third Thursday of the month off. I also could not believe that dinner was on paper plates and with plastic utensils. Regardless of the occasion, silverware would of been nice. I am not saying I will not go back. I am sure the regular menu is wonderful. We were not impressed with the buffet though.Special Features:
- Nice but expensiveElizabethDined on 7/5/2014The food was delicious but the prices were very high for what we got. The atmosphere was very formal and elegant, and it was a good choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Incredible!MaggieVIPDined on 7/2/2014Kudos to Joe West! My husband and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary at the Palace restaurant by ordering the nine course tasting menu. It was amazing. They were very accommodating by adjusting some of the courses for my husband since he is not a lover or Foie Gras or lobster. The food and the service were spot on! We will be back before the next anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!AlesuVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had the 5 course Tasting Menu. The dishes tasted enough, but waited for at least 40 minutes. We were given free 2 cups of hot tea. They never explained why. Also, Chef needs to work on his presentation of the dishes. The dishes looked little blah. I must say though for a long time now, none of the restaurant we have been to seemed to bother reading our note on the reservation. They alway bring us their big wine list, they have no idea we like tea, or what kind of tea. Jennifer, our server however was spot on. With the cost of the meal being so expensive, and several cliches that need to be improved, we will definitely withhold our recommendation to our friends. We did enjoyed the lovely live piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will go back, but we won't rushCincySkierDined on 6/28/2014My boyfriend and I dined at the Palace for dinner on a recent Saturday night. The waitress we have had in the past - Brenda - was outstanding as usual. However, this was our first time dining at the Palace since it switched to a fixed-price menu with different course selections (choose 3, 5, or 9) - a change from its old a la carte menu. While the food was very good, we didn't think the portion sizes were as generous as they used to be and overall there were fewer options from which to choose. We have some dietary issues (vegetarian, no pork, protein conscious, etc.), so this was a little bit of a bummer for us. We appreciated the separate vegetarian menu, but it fell short of inspiring.Special Features:
- Amazing food, but priceyexzaklyDined on 6/27/2014Food was amazing, service was amazing - but it is quite pricey! For the price, I wouldn't say that it is significantly better than a restaurant like Abigail Street, Salazar or Sotto - where the food is just as good, but half the cost. The live jazz music was a great touch for a Friday night. And the wait staff was impeccable.Special Features:
- Excellent ChefMikeDined on 6/27/2014You can choose a 3, 5 or even a 9 course dinner. I highly recommend going to the website to see the Chef's menu before you go. All the Courses were tastefully prepared and the service was excellent. The only thing I would watch is where the Maitr'd seats you. If you are looking for privacy, make sure you get a free standing table. The tables along the wall with the bench are not private and you can hear other diners conversations. The live music was a very nice. When we return, we will try the "Third Thursday Cookout."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary Dining ExperienceExceptionalDined on 6/26/2014A friend and I met for dinner on Thursday night. We both felt that the service was impeccable and our 5 course meal was an interesting and eclectic masterpiece. Brenda, our waitress and John, the host were exceptional. I am still salivating over the smoked ice cream I had during desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palace Restaurantbeyer89Dined on 6/25/2014STAY AWAY! No groupon deal is worth this experience. While service and ambiance was nice, the food was horrible. The rolls were microwaved and came to our table hard as a rock. The gnocchi came with 8 pasta shells and then a pile of raw large cut vegetables in the middle of what tasted like store bought ragu sauce piled on top. This was supposed to be a nice lunch out with my 13 year old daughter and was a disaster. It was a waste of time and parking money and a huge disappointment of an outing. DO NOT GO!
- Chef Joe rocksdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our family of 4 splurged on the 9-course tasting option. That meant a perfectly timed succession of amazing cuisine that made the evening. The quantities were perfect to not overwhelm. Fresh produce, incredible meats and sauces that we haven't experienced in a long time. The front and back of the house were in perfect timing. Fine dining meets high-end small-plate cuisine. In the hustle and bustle of working round the clock, we really value a quiet evening where John and Brenda recognize you and treat like family. Chef Joe came out to meet us and there were a number of guests that had returned several times just to try his dishes. The Lamb and flat-iron steak are unbelievable. The egg and pasta and artichoke dishes are fantastic as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BestFamilyandFriendsVIPDined on 6/21/2014The Palace has gone over the top with superb service and unparalleled food. Congratulations!! We will look forward to returning!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningccurranVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is still a place where fine dining is alive and well. The dining room is elegant with innovative menu selections not found any other place.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food by Chef Joe WestALocalFoodieFanDined on 6/14/2014Everything was great for dinner Saturday night. Chef Joe West had a brilliant array of fine foods and excellent presentations. I highly recommend The Palace, but have two annoying nits to mention: (1) The prices listed on their web site at $60-70-90 were incorrect; actual prices when we arrived at the restaurant were $65-75-95 . . . that's sort of a bait and switch, and shouldn't happen with a fine restaurant; and (2) The price for a bottle of Perrier was over $10 . . . that is a rip-off . . . which the restaurant does not need. I don't mind paying over $500 for a fantastic dinner, but for the principle might not return to The Palace because of a $10 rip-off !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & amazing foodfoodisfunVIPDined on 6/5/2014We were very pleased to meet and talk with chef Joe West after sampling his new tasting menu. It was refreshing and fun, but still in a fine dining atmosphere. The staff has always been very accommodating and it was a treat to celebrate my birthday with them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodfifichanDined on 6/5/2014Bacon chilli peppers are awesome.chicken Francais was so so, the chicken was really bland. White chocolate bread pudding was really good. All the stAff are really polite and professional. Only issue is they seem kind of disconnected, we had three different servers, not sure why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie notcheeseconeyDined on 6/4/2014the food was super our waitress was kind of uppity when she found out we had a grouponSpecial Features:
- excellent new chef!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/29/2014We ate at the Palace for the first time since Joe West, who trained with Thomas Keller, has taken over the kitchen. What a wonderful surprise! The food was delicious, the presentation was beautiful, and there were lots of little "gifts of food" from the chef. There is a lot of imagination in the tastes, and all of it was excellent. I had artichoke chips with artichoke hearts and artichoke sauce for my appetizer...outstanding! The menu is suggested as 3, 5, or 9 courses, very reasonably priced. My husband had 5 courses, and was very happy with all of them. The service is impeccable, friendly, and our server, Brenda, very helpful and knowledgeable. We will definitely go back soon!Special Features: