The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
601 Vine St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.palacecincinnati.com/
- Phone: (513) 381-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe West
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fine Art of Hospitality. The Cincinnatian Hotel & Palace Restaurant are committed to the fine art of ensuring that your catered affair is executed with the optimum quality, value and service.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Lockwood 8886539784
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday and Saturday evening 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Special Events:
A word from The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
Welcome to The Palace, offering fine dining within the historic Cincinnatian Hotel. Our elegant dining room, innovative menu and seamless, classic service create a one-of-a-kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (49)romantic (45)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014Planned a special occasion lunch with a dear friend. Picked the Palace thinking it would be a perfect spot. Service was very slow-staff seemed overwhelmed. Disappointing-thought it would be better.
- Palace RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Enjoyed the 5 course meal....every dish was interesting and delicious. From being greeted by Maitre d', John McLean to the Wait Staff...it is such a very special dining experience. My friends and I thought everything was delicious...and of course the presentation was wonderful. Hat's off to the new chef - Joe West. The food was creative, interesting and different but delicious. Chris was our waiter and he did a great job explaining each course to us. We always kick off the holiday season with dinner at the Palace Restaurant. It truly is a Cincinnati gem.Special Features:
- dlschnDined on 11/15/2014I was not pleased that you not only allow but seem to promote the area where we wait for the valet to bring our car around as your smoking lounge. I drop ten bucks for my car AND get to pay for our coats to be dry cleaned as a bonus.Special Features:
- As always, great service and wonderful food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Make sure you review the menu on line before you go. The menu is fixed as is the pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenuAshleeDined on 11/15/2014The tasting menu was delicious except for the desserts that neither of us cared for. Service was great and the live music from the lounge was the perfect touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014I had been disappointed the last couple of times we had dined at The Palace. This has changed with the new chef! We has the five-course meal and it was fantastic. Every course was perfect. I will return with pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our style but nicelandonswanDined on 11/8/2014We are mid 30s couple who ended up at the bars til 1am. Just so you know who's writing this :) Food: Tasty, unusual and small portions. Service: Great except one lapse where our waiter disappeared for about 15mins, leaving us thirsty. Ambiance: Quiet, and a little stuffy for our tastes. Value: Not bad. $75 for 3 or 5 course. We did the 3. I think it was $95 for 9 course but he said that would take close to 3 hours! Bottom line, we're giving it 5 stars because it deserves it. It is absolutely not our style and we will not be returning, but we can recommend it to foodies or perhaps people with more class than us. We ended up going to Jeff Ruby's afterwards to fill up on both food (quantity) and fun, which we felt the Palace lacked both ofSpecial Features:
- Great food, poor servicenatifoodDined on 11/8/2014The poor chef is getting sandbagged by his service. Did the 5 course with wine pairings. The wait staff couldn't get the wines paired with courses. We were ahead a pairing to course the whole night. Never saw a sommelier to discuss the pairings. The amuse-bouche's between courses were presented by wait staff that would not tell the table what there were. When asked, they would have to get the waiter. At one point, the amuse-bouche was placed at the same time a course was served. Weird. They served one course when a majority of the table was in the rest room.Special Features:
- A Devine ExperienceBuzzDined on 11/8/2014We were not aware of the price fix menu and the option of having 3-5-7 or 9 courses!! The four of us all ordered the 5 course meal and were absolutely thrilled with our choice. Everything was exquisite, served well and just the right proportion. While it was pricey, it was well worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestLee44Dined on 11/8/2014From the minute you walk in to the minute you leave, the gem of the Cincinnati, The Palace Restaurant is there to provide a classic dining experience. Attention by staff, presentation of food and the new various course options make for a pleasurable evening of dining. Always the place to dine whether it is a special occasion or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palace, the finest in fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014Simply some of the finest cuisine in Cincinnati. The plates are a work of art.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionDeeandBillDined on 11/1/2014we have dined here several times and have always found everything from the staff to the servers to the food to be impeccable! The waiters especially have been informative and personable. Although the Palace is on the higher end of places we usually dine, the experiences have always left us feeling special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linda51VIPDined on 10/24/2014Very small portions. variety is poor. only two options per course. a lot of ingredients repeated in courses. (i.e. chestnuts, mushrooms). we really did not enjoy the food. I felt the chef was trying to be artistic and upscale but, very few courses were appealing. $75.00 per person was not worth what we received.Special Features:
- Great food.LoieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We all have the chicken pasta dish. It was delicious! We were there for lunch. Our service was very good as was the food. Nice change to the usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, great food!EBNinCVGVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent. They have changed the menu to a 3, 5 or 9 course pre-fixe menu. The courses were original with great presentation. Our server, Chris, didn't rush us and had a great knowledge of the wine pairings and the ingredients. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- New Menu & Chef..very disappointingcswatson98Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have been coming to the palace for many years. The quality of food and menu selection was always something that we could count on, however, that's no longer the case. Each guest in our party of four all had the same reaction to our recent visit. The food was mediocre, the overwhelming theme of the menu was fish and things "smoked". We will not be visiting the restaurant in the future given the new limited menu and bland tasting food. Very disappointing!
- Wonderful ExperiencematurepalateDined on 10/15/2014What a wonderful experience! We celebrated by going to dinner at The Palace restaurant last night. As always we felt welcomed in the quiet, luxurious “white table cloth” surroundings. Initially the menu structured to “Strongly” encourage a 5 course tasting menu for $75 per person surprised us. We jumped in and were rewarded with a frolic thru tastes and styles punctuated with surprise amuse-bouches. It passed through our minds that “the chef is having entirely too much fun”, but then so were we. We strongly recommend The Palace for a fine and exciting dining experience in beautiful quiet surroundings with superb service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Wonderful tasting menu, great staff and young chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal of my life!Natashia8911Dined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was the absolute best dining experience of my life! My boyfriend had been checking the menu every day for weeks because he was so excited. The service was amazing starting with the Maitre D' who was adorable and so nice, presenting us with a card for our anniversary. Music and a romantic atmosphere made it perfect for date night. The complimentary dishes were above and beyond. Our server was very personable and willing to talk about the dishes and the chef in general. It was a great experience. It was definitely a restaurant for a special occasion as we ended up spending over $200 for the both of us without alcohol, but every cent was worth it! I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adventurous eatingoutonthetownDined on 10/4/2014Innovative 5 course dinner with fabulous flavored. Dining is an event in itself. Leave time to savor the experience. Must be an adventurous diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative CuisineluvgoodfoodDined on 9/25/2014We ordered the five course tasting menu, and all the courses were creative, delicious and presented beautifully. The staff accommodated our 1.5 hour dinner timing as we had theatre tickets.Special Features:
- EllenDined on 9/23/2014Food was not as warm as I prefer. The bread pudding had peanuts (!) in it and that was not noted on the menu. (They were out of our first choice as the item had sold out over the weekend.) Multiple people came to our table to take our order and to check on us throughout the meal and they didn't communicate with one another. It made for a very confusing lunch--and this was a special luncheon for a friend. I was not impressed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service. I have not visited the restaurant in a year, what a great surprise!Special Features:
- lubdubVIPDined on 9/17/2014The ambiance is luxury, from the greeting by John,the maitre D to the room to the elegant table settings to the exquisite service we received (and always do, from Brenda). We had the 5 course tasting menu. In addition the fantastic young chef provides 5 amuses bouche, so the 5 5 course meal is actually much more. The food is exquisite in taste and beautifully presented, and unique to this part of the country. Easily the equal of Michelin 2 and 3 star restaurants in Paris. Higher recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Anniversary DinnerDaveVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Palace restaurant is certainly one for special occasions. We had the 5 course meal and the executive chef provided a wonderful culinary experience. He was able to accommodate a Gluten Free requirement without impacting the overall quality or experience. The service was top notch and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite presentation & flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/4/2014We ordered two 5 course tasting dinners - every dish they had on the menu. Each course was beautifully presented and full of a wonderful mix of flavors to delight our taste buds. We were brought tastings between each course that were also perfection. We agreed that this was one of our favorite meals ever, and definitely the best goetta dish - Vietnamese style.Special Features:
- Exceptional DiningHobbyFarmerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our recent meal at The Palace was among one of the most memorable of our 30+ years living in Cincinnati. The fixed-price menu was varied in its options, and each course was exceptionally prepared, presented and executed. (And they tasted pretty good, too!) Service was impeccable, and the hours slid by course after course. Highly, highly recommended!Special Features:
- Very nice experienceCarlaDined on 8/29/2014The person who served us was excellent, the food was - well, it put us in a food comma, the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Good food, good wine, good familydinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our family party of 6 enjoyed an excellent dinner at the Palace. The tasting menu portions were plenty and cooked to our liking. Special requests were accommodated with kindness and grace. There were wine pairings for each course which were graciously reduced in portion for some in our party. Service was well-executed. It was so enjoyable to try dishes beyond the normal salad and main course that were balanced and full of flavor. The live music on Saturdays does not overwhelm and makes an evening where you can actually have conversations. Too many restaurants are so loud that you have to shout to be heard. John McLean's gracious welcome makes you feel like an old friend. This is a hidden gem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, JoeAdjunctWizardDined on 8/22/2014Chef Joe West IS the best. An excellent anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment!Rav123VIPDined on 8/21/2014Food not good; service poor. It is a lovely place, but the food and service are reflected in the sparse gathering.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Creative offerings, impeccably prepared, and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerRebeccaDined on 8/16/2014We had a great dinner at The Palace. Brenda was an excellent hostess. We went for Restaurant Week and took advantage of the $35 for 3 course meal deal. There were two options for each course and we tried them all. The skirt steak meal was AMAZING and we really enjoyed the little appetizers that came out between courses. Of course it is a restaurant in a hotel, and that is what it feels like (tables were not very intimate) but the piano music was enjoyable. We will come again!!Special Features:
- WonderfulschuVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was anxious to try The Palace again and with a new chef. It was fabulous. Every course was a treat and we were offered several little savories between each course. I would highly recommend The Palace as a first rate place to dine in downtown Cincinnati.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceorlaDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely fantastic experience in every way. We had a fantastic server who couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.Special Features:
- Little Tastes are Big DifferenceflywamsrDined on 8/13/2014Restaurant week opens many places to try. We have been to The Placace many times so all the little tastes (amuse bouche) between courses seemed usual. This was our third Restaurant Week evening out. Neither the other dining experiences included any such extras--All were FINE evenings. The portions were small but were just right our night out. The also offered wine pairings that were a $35 up charge. IT WAS THE IDEAL addition to the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was deliciousdockmbDined on 8/13/2014The prefix choices for restaurant week were outstanding. We'll be coming back for the regular menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen blunderscrazy4wineVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had several foul- ups in our order from the kitchen. They said they were having trouble with their print outs. Our waitress covered for their errors with a little extra wine each time.Special Features:
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceLynn27Dined on 8/12/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and came to The Palace for Restaurant Week. The service was excellent, and the staff very attentive. We had a wonderful evening and enjoyed our dinner!Special Features:
- Extremely unsatisfactoryfingers37Dined on 8/12/2014We wanted to dine at this known restaurant during Restaurant week and had a reservation for 6:45pm for 3 people.We arrived on time and left at 10:30 & had the 3 course for $35ea The service was extremely slow despite the fact there were many empty tables and quite enough staff. When I asked when the dessert would be served after waiting 30", the waitress seemed curt and annoyed. The main course arrived at best lukewarm and the beef looked like leftovers. One of the party order the skate and it too was not hot. between the first and second course (we surmised because of the slow service) we were served tasteless tiny orders one of which tasted like a spoonful of cold cream of corn soup and watermelon juice. Our bill was $225. without tip.Special Features: