The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy
5675 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89146-0310Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caposrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (702) 364-2276
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Sat. 11:00 am - 3:00PM. Dinner: Mon-Thurs. 3:00pm - 10:00pm Fri-Sat. 3:00pm - 11:00pm. Sun. 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Neftali Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lounge singers 7 nights a week
A word from The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy
Welcome to Capo’s Italian Cuisine! We have a speakeasy entrance. Age-old tradition and timeless recipes that have been passed down through generations, the restaurant successfully combines cuisine and atmosphere to create a dining experience that won't soon be forgotten. Quiet and elegant, Capo's Italian Cuisine is the kind of place that could be your home away from home - smells of spices and homemade cooking fill the air while a friendly and knowledgeable wait staff bends over backwards to cater to your every need. The menu is vast and impressive showcasing traditional specialties as well as modern adaptations. There is something here sure to tempt every palate even the most discriminating of gourmets! No matter what the occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Capo's Italian Cuisine promises to make your next dining experience truly unforgettable. This mob theme restaurant is sure to be a real unique evening out!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (86)special occasion (81)neighborhood gem (71)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (48)late-night find (37)hot spot (25)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food, drinks, and atmosphere were great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Service was very good--until the end of the meal. Server was MIA when I wanted a dessert. Took a long time to receive it, but it was well worth it. The whole meal was delicious!! Then it again took a long time to receive check and then the credit card slip. Otherwise it was a wonderful find!! We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a favorite; something has changedVegasresidentDined on 11/17/2014Have been going periodically to Capo's over a number of years; our latest visit was quite a disappointment. The Mob's Meatball Salad turned out to be incredibly hot, burning the mouth with what? Red pepper?....with no warning of that. The chicken Caesar was just so-so, nothing outstanding. One appetizer WAS passable. The singer (on a Monday) was not up to the standard of a previous singer we have heard at Capo's and should NEVER be allowed to attempt "My Way" again. It will be some time before we attempt Capo's again.
- Highly Recommend!!!Morgan56Dined on 11/15/2014Great restaurant! I would definitely recommend trying. We like the mob theme and Italian food. Great service, live music, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Unique ExperienceMatter76Dined on 11/15/2014We had dinner here and it was fantastic. Caesar Salad was phenomenal. We also enjoyed the atmosphere, decor, singer and magician. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & Unique AtmosphereMojo73Dined on 11/9/2014We enjoy eating at Capo's. The food is really good and it's a great place to take out of town guests to for the "Las Vegas Mob Feel".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Dining ExperiencePoorservice0811Dined on 11/8/2014We had a 5 o'clock reservation for three. I think we were put at the "forgotten" table by the bar. The evening started OK with our server explaining the specials and taking our drink order. That is where things started to go south. Our server never came back to give us our drinks and the "manager" ended getting them from the bar and giving them to us. The bus boy ended up doing all the work at the table, and because our server was great at disappearing we gave our next drink order to him. The server re-appeared (for the last time) to serve our meals. She never once came back to check if we needed anything, never got our drinks - again - and never showed up to give us our bill. Incredibily bad service!!!!!!Special Features:
- great restaurantSphinxDined on 11/2/2014Really enjoyed dinner here. The really got into the gangster theme at the door. Frank Sinatra type singer was great ambiance. A little dark inside but I think it added to the experience. Food was good and reasonably priced. Service level was great including the ride we got back to our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in my mealdisappointedDined on 11/1/2014We ate at Capo's Rest. for my son's birthday. I was disappointed with my choice of food. The clams over linguine had way too much liquid in it & some of the clam shells were empty. I was still hungry when I left the restaurant. My son enjoyed his dinner of veal cutlet. I also think the lighting should be better especially when the check arrives. I couldn't read it. Luckily my husband had a mini flashlight on his key ring so it came in handy.Special Features:
- Nice Strip alternative, but ...OmBaby80302Dined on 10/30/2014It was nice alternative to The Strip, but the food was fair at best. If you are looking for a great meal, this is NOT the place; If you are looking for fabulous decor and a great lounge act this IS the place. It's a fun Speakeasy experience!Special Features:
- A classy blast from the pastFit4foodiesDined on 10/30/2014If you're looking to step in to the past with a classy vibe, fantastic food and great wine look no further than Capo's speakeasy italian restaurant. Capo's has a great menu with many choices of pasta that you can compliment with poultry or seafood. In the background there is an elegant pianist who sings the old tunes of frank Sinatra. This restaurant is good for couples,parties and if your looking to just stop by and have a quick drink the nostalgia of the bar brings you back to the feel of old vegas. Come on down and experience it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MVP of Las Vegasluvgr8foodDined on 10/28/2014Capo's is the best Italian restaurant in Las Vegas; the atmosphere and food are unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must VisitSweetjimmyDined on 10/25/2014If you are justing sticking to the strip, then you are missing one of Las Vegas' greatest places.Special Features:
- Time of my lifeMariethehammer07Dined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere alone took me back to the area i said i lived in, in my past life. Mobsters left and right. Food was delicious like no other restaurant I've ever tried. I cant wait to go back. The Frank Sinatra singer was amazing. He really set the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 10/24/2014We brought four friends because we enjoyed ourselves so much the first time. The experience was terrible. The food took n hour and forty minutes to arrive, the service was poor and it was so loud by the kitchen with everyone yelling we could not hold a conversation. Very disappointing.
- Usualy GoodChiefbuffDined on 10/24/2014We have been here several times bringing guests from out of town. Usually consistent in food and service. We had a good time but the kitchen was very slow this night and dinner took almost 45 minutes to serve. Just a note most seating is booths so if you have any larger guests make sure to request a table for comfort and fit. The servers were friendly and kept checking on us through the night. Music is live with an entertainer but is loud so be prepared to shout at the table. Overall a good time when we go.Special Features:
- It's ItalianGrandpaAlDined on 10/21/2014Great Italian food and service, our waitress was Italian from Chicago. Great greeting at the door, had a table for us and the manager came by while we were eating and asked how everything was. Nice touch. Prices very reasonable. Highly recommend Capo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my new favorite restaurantsBillyPDined on 10/19/2014The speakeasy entrance was both novel and fun. The ambiance was great. The lighting was spot on and the dinning area was just the right size to give you a friendly feeling. The menu provided several selections. The food was very good and of ample proporations. The service was just right, not lacking and not intrusive. The entertainment was also every good, especially for Sinatra fans. It was nice to be sung to at table side. A magician impressed everybody with his close up card tricks also at table side. The Capo experience was one of my best in LV and I will definitely revisit it the next time I'm in town. I have aleady recommended it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeV2iperDined on 10/19/2014If you book around 5:30 pm you will have the place to yourself. Can say nothing bad about this place. You have the ambiance of time past when the Gangsters ruled the night life. The live crooner is a special touch to your time spent. Also you are not rushed out the door but left to converse in your leaser after a meal. Don't forget they have a 2 for price of one night during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Vegas!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Love everything about this spot. Been coming here since 1983 and love it more each year! Awesome experience and love the food and entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Great food in a very special restaurant with a twist to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capo's was a delightBorn2EatDined on 10/16/2014Dining at Capos was a great experience. The food was very good and the speakeasy theme was GREAT. My husband and I had the Monster Shrimp Scampi which was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Fun ConceptfunfindDined on 10/14/2014The food was delicious, service was very attentive but not overbearing, the singer was very engaging and personal, and the mob theme was fun.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly pleasedChocolateDined on 10/9/2014Got a recommendation from the Italian restaurant on the strip. The building outside had a bit run down look but myself and the entire group was extremely happy with the food and the atmosphere of the restaurant. The piano player and singer were very good and the music was at level you could enjoy but still have conversation. I ma from the east coast and Italian food is great. Capo's had maybe one of the best Eggplant Parm dinners I have had in long while. Upon leaving my party of 6 people all said they would return and recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Homey atmosphereShadow49erDined on 10/9/2014A coworker recommended this restaurant as a local gem. The ambiance was unique. From the entry (ringing a bell) to the decor inside, I felt like I was in South Philly again. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Takes you backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The ambiance was great, staff was great, the food was delicious and reasonably priced. Lovethe high back booths! Took friends from out of town and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGaryDined on 10/7/2014We took out of town guests here and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I love Capos!!luvfoodDined on 10/7/2014Food is delicious. Mushroom risotto is best I've ever had. Service is impeccable. Everyone is attentive and friendly. And the environment is romantic and love the live music. And the locals 2 for 1 deal is the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capo's still a gemFredreviewsDined on 10/7/2014Been around for 50 years and still a Vegas gem. The anbiance is amazing with flashbacks to the early years in Vegas. The food is old school Italian and is scrumptious!! I would recommend that you visit!!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and excellent foodDanaDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant delivered its promise on the speakeasy atmosphere. It was a cozy environment with very friendly staff. Sometimes going to a themed restaurant means that the food may not deliver but not the case at Capo's. The food was delicious and fresh. The Caesar Salad was one of the best that I've had in Vegas. I highly recommend Capo's for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80th birthdayKarbearDined on 10/5/2014Great food and the decor is fun. No kids menu but very friendly accommodating staff had my 8 and 4 year old enjoying their time and sharing a plate. Even sharing there was so much food! Come hungry and still expect left overs. Will do it again, maybe as a date night with hubby and a trip to the mob museum to just round out the day.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014we specifically came in on Tuesday At lunch for the 2 for 1 and our waitress didn't know what was going on we ended up not getting very disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The total packageTotalpackageDined on 10/2/2014This Restaurant was the total Package. From the moment you step into the 1st door, the experience begins. The entertainment was fun, old vegas (which I love) the food was delicious (and I'm Italian both sides), the service was good (unfortunately nothing exceptional, but friendly enough) the ambiance is fun and romantic if need be, so all in all it's just a great Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capo's ExperienceKMarie34Dined on 10/2/2014Fantastic. We loved it and will be back. Def for couples wanting rimantic personal sexy vibe. Love love. Ive already recommended you to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014our group heard of Capo's from a friend who went here and said we should go. So we set up the reservations and I'm so glad we went. The food was outstanding, we ordered the meatballs for appetizers they were heaven. Dessert was cheesecake and it was perfect in every way. So good I thought how much other friends would enjoy as well as us, so I will be recommending this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally CoolGigiDined on 10/1/2014It was not in a location that I expected but it was totally cool. It trully felt like a speakeasy, less the the smokey haze. Our waitress was awesome. There was some occasion live music. The portions were huge!!! We would go back again.Special Features:
- Fun Dinner experienceWomanonthiniceDined on 9/28/2014My friend and I saw this restruant on Mob Wives. We wanted to check it out while we were there. It was FANTASTIC, the ambiance, the music put us back in the day of old Vegas. You can almost see Frank Sinatra and company sitting in a booth enjoying drinks and food. It was absolutely an enjoyable experience. The food was amazing, better than I anticipated. I will recommend Capo's to anyone of my friends visiting Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This place is a hidden gem ! Get ready for a one of kind place with terrific food. I would definitely recommend to anyone going to Las Vegas !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place away from the StripPartyof7Dined on 9/27/2014Away from all the hoohaa on the Strip where you tend to forget what a meal should actually cost, Capo's Italian Cuisine actually offered a very good alternative for a group of friends. The atmosphere is fun with the mob gangster deco and funny host up front. The place is dark, but menus are all equipped with an LED light to enable you to read. We brought our own wine, for $25 corkage, so I have no comments about the wine list. The food is very good, and the service is very friendly. The singer that wonders around the restaurant is terrific and the magician that performs at your table for a tip is entertaining and pretty good. It is a terrific place for a decently priced meal and still have some fun in Vegas.Special Features:
- best way to start the nightgirlsweekendDined on 9/27/2014From beginning to end fantastic time. The secret door opening was such fun, especially not knowing the location. The manager is a fun loving person. Food is delicious!! Must try the banana martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeItaliangirlDined on 9/25/2014Great service waiters very attentive food was excellent! Entertainment fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.