The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy
5675 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89146-0310Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caposrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7023642276x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Sat. 11:00 am - 3:00PM. Dinner: Mon-Thurs. 3:00pm - 10:00pm Fri-Sat. 3:00pm - 11:00pm. Sun. 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Neftali Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lounge singers 7 nights a week
A word from The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy
Welcome to Capo’s Italian Cuisine! We have a speakeasy entrance. Age-old tradition and timeless recipes that have been passed down through generations, the restaurant successfully combines cuisine and atmosphere to create a dining experience that won't soon be forgotten. Quiet and elegant, Capo's Italian Cuisine is the kind of place that could be your home away from home - smells of spices and homemade cooking fill the air while a friendly and knowledgeable wait staff bends over backwards to cater to your every need. The menu is vast and impressive showcasing traditional specialties as well as modern adaptations. There is something here sure to tempt every palate even the most discriminating of gourmets! No matter what the occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Capo's Italian Cuisine promises to make your next dining experience truly unforgettable. This mob theme restaurant is sure to be a real unique evening out!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy - Best Restaurants in Las Vegas ›
The Original Capo's Restaurant & Speakeasy reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (83)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (68)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (39)late-night find (33)notable wine list (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- one of my new favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The speakeasy entrance was both novel and fun. The ambiance was great. The lighting was spot on and the dinning area was just the right size to give you a friendly feeling. The menu provided several selections. The food was very good and of ample proporations. The service was just right, not lacking and not intrusive. The entertainment was also every good, especially for Sinatra fans. It was nice to be sung to at table side. A magician impressed everybody with his close up card tricks also at table side. The Capo experience was one of my best in LV and I will definitely revisit it the next time I'm in town. I have aleady recommended it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014If you book around 5:30 pm you will have the place to yourself. Can say nothing bad about this place. You have the ambiance of time past when the Gangsters ruled the night life. The live crooner is a special touch to your time spent. Also you are not rushed out the door but left to converse in your leaser after a meal. Don't forget they have a 2 for price of one night during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Vegas!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Love everything about this spot. Been coming here since 1983 and love it more each year! Awesome experience and love the food and entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Great food in a very special restaurant with a twist to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capo's was a delightBorn2EatDined on 10/16/2014Dining at Capos was a great experience. The food was very good and the speakeasy theme was GREAT. My husband and I had the Monster Shrimp Scampi which was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Fun ConceptfunfindDined on 10/14/2014The food was delicious, service was very attentive but not overbearing, the singer was very engaging and personal, and the mob theme was fun.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly pleasedChocolateDined on 10/9/2014Got a recommendation from the Italian restaurant on the strip. The building outside had a bit run down look but myself and the entire group was extremely happy with the food and the atmosphere of the restaurant. The piano player and singer were very good and the music was at level you could enjoy but still have conversation. I ma from the east coast and Italian food is great. Capo's had maybe one of the best Eggplant Parm dinners I have had in long while. Upon leaving my party of 6 people all said they would return and recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Homey atmosphereShadow49erDined on 10/9/2014A coworker recommended this restaurant as a local gem. The ambiance was unique. From the entry (ringing a bell) to the decor inside, I felt like I was in South Philly again. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Takes you backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The ambiance was great, staff was great, the food was delicious and reasonably priced. Lovethe high back booths! Took friends from out of town and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGaryDined on 10/7/2014We took out of town guests here and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I love Capos!!luvfoodDined on 10/7/2014Food is delicious. Mushroom risotto is best I've ever had. Service is impeccable. Everyone is attentive and friendly. And the environment is romantic and love the live music. And the locals 2 for 1 deal is the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capo's still a gemFredreviewsDined on 10/7/2014Been around for 50 years and still a Vegas gem. The anbiance is amazing with flashbacks to the early years in Vegas. The food is old school Italian and is scrumptious!! I would recommend that you visit!!Special Features:
- 80th birthdayKarbearDined on 10/5/2014Great food and the decor is fun. No kids menu but very friendly accommodating staff had my 8 and 4 year old enjoying their time and sharing a plate. Even sharing there was so much food! Come hungry and still expect left overs. Will do it again, maybe as a date night with hubby and a trip to the mob museum to just round out the day.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014we specifically came in on Tuesday At lunch for the 2 for 1 and our waitress didn't know what was going on we ended up not getting very disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The total packageTotalpackageDined on 10/2/2014This Restaurant was the total Package. From the moment you step into the 1st door, the experience begins. The entertainment was fun, old vegas (which I love) the food was delicious (and I'm Italian both sides), the service was good (unfortunately nothing exceptional, but friendly enough) the ambiance is fun and romantic if need be, so all in all it's just a great Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capo's ExperienceKMarie34Dined on 10/2/2014Fantastic. We loved it and will be back. Def for couples wanting rimantic personal sexy vibe. Love love. Ive already recommended you to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014our group heard of Capo's from a friend who went here and said we should go. So we set up the reservations and I'm so glad we went. The food was outstanding, we ordered the meatballs for appetizers they were heaven. Dessert was cheesecake and it was perfect in every way. So good I thought how much other friends would enjoy as well as us, so I will be recommending this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally CoolGigiDined on 10/1/2014It was not in a location that I expected but it was totally cool. It trully felt like a speakeasy, less the the smokey haze. Our waitress was awesome. There was some occasion live music. The portions were huge!!! We would go back again.Special Features:
- Fun Dinner experienceWomanonthiniceDined on 9/28/2014My friend and I saw this restruant on Mob Wives. We wanted to check it out while we were there. It was FANTASTIC, the ambiance, the music put us back in the day of old Vegas. You can almost see Frank Sinatra and company sitting in a booth enjoying drinks and food. It was absolutely an enjoyable experience. The food was amazing, better than I anticipated. I will recommend Capo's to anyone of my friends visiting Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This place is a hidden gem ! Get ready for a one of kind place with terrific food. I would definitely recommend to anyone going to Las Vegas !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place away from the StripPartyof7Dined on 9/27/2014Away from all the hoohaa on the Strip where you tend to forget what a meal should actually cost, Capo's Italian Cuisine actually offered a very good alternative for a group of friends. The atmosphere is fun with the mob gangster deco and funny host up front. The place is dark, but menus are all equipped with an LED light to enable you to read. We brought our own wine, for $25 corkage, so I have no comments about the wine list. The food is very good, and the service is very friendly. The singer that wonders around the restaurant is terrific and the magician that performs at your table for a tip is entertaining and pretty good. It is a terrific place for a decently priced meal and still have some fun in Vegas.Special Features:
- best way to start the nightgirlsweekendDined on 9/27/2014From beginning to end fantastic time. The secret door opening was such fun, especially not knowing the location. The manager is a fun loving person. Food is delicious!! Must try the banana martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeItaliangirlDined on 9/25/2014Great service waiters very attentive food was excellent! Entertainment fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingdinaDined on 9/22/2014Always a great time!!! The food is incredible and the staff is so friendly we love coming here!!!Special Features:
- Capo'sMoniDined on 9/22/2014Loved this place! Best Italian food I've ever had! Awesome atmosphere! Loved the mob theme!Special Features:
- speakeasyCafeDined on 9/22/2014Four of tried it on week day. Piano was a nice touch, just don't sit too close if you want to talk. Food a bit pricy. All dishes have interesting names. Service was great. Dark ambiance but provide flashlights with menus. Linguini with clams(white sauce) with real clams was best at the table. Mug shot of Sinatra & other images fun to viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back2CanoliChrisDined on 9/21/2014We had a blast....from the entrance and the secret door, to the singer. We felt like we were "back in it." I could see my menu without the light, some complained it was too dark. The cheesy garlic bread was yummy there, and for breakfast the next morning. We will for sure be coming back to this gem.Special Features:
- rmtmarriottDined on 9/20/2014one of the best dining experiences I had in Vegas. Loved it!! Food, atmosphere, and vibe were awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeSandyercVIPDined on 9/19/2014The music was nice if the guy just stayed put and sang. He was too much in your face when you are trying to eat. The magiciian was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was amazing!!!VeejanDined on 9/17/2014From the time we rang the bell to the very last bite, everything was amazing. The food was delicious, we were full but could not stop eating. We will definitely be back, and have definitely been letting our friends and family know about this great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sept 16, 2014JtstaoDined on 9/15/2014A fun place to go, great food, chearful and knowledgeable servers who made us feel good to be there. We look forward to going again and again. Booking through Open Table we missed the chance to get the "secret passward" to get into the Speakeasy. I recomend getting that, it ads to the funSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerDonnaDined on 9/14/2014We drove up from San Diego to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday here. Awesome food and entertainment. I highly recommend it. Authentic Italian food and delicious!Special Features:
- Great food....lousy service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was really looking forward to my first visit to Cappos. Really enjoyed the lasagna and the cocktails. However, the service leaves a lot to be desired. We were told the bread was in the oven and would be out soon. Well, the even must have been in a restaraunt across town because it took 20 minutes to get it. After the meal we were asked if we wanted dessert. We declined and waited for the check. And waited....and waited....and waited. We finally got it and left. I must give credit to the busboy, as he was very attentive and helpful. In my opinion, he and the waitress should switch jobs. I will go back, but will definately ask for a different waitress.Special Features:
- Best place EVERIlovecaposDined on 9/11/2014We come to Vegas once a year for our anniversary & every year we go to Capo's. It would not be a vacation without this place! Easy to make a reservation, the best servers that know the menu, relaxed, romantic, Italian atmosphere, with the God Father playing on the tv, what more could you want! You'd be a fool not to go & get the risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and friendly!gauthrgmDined on 9/10/2014My mom and I had been waiting a year to come here after seeing it on TV and finally made it, so we had pretty high expectations because of our excitement! It definitely lived up to them! It was delicious and everyone was so friendly! Many different staff members not assigned to our table came to check on us and just to say hello! Next time we back in Vegas we will most definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Great NightsharkboyandlavagirlDined on 9/9/2014This is our second time to Capo's and we really enjoy everything about it. Great deal for locals Tuesday 2 for 1.Special Features:
- great italian food...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Best food that I had my whole time in Vegas definitely going back to capos my next time backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBandGUtahVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our friends brought us to this fun and entertaining restaurant. When we first entered, I thought this place was a bit cheesy in a fun way, but probably not the best food. Boy I was wrong. The food was fabulous. My pasta cooked to a perfect al dente and the meatball was one of the best I've had in the West. The staff was friendly and attentive. The singer was all over the restaurant engaging with the diners. Not the place for a quiet romantic dinner, but definitely a great date spot. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved this place!ShawnDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was very well decorated and the staff was great and friendly! The good was almost too good. Almost had to roll us out of there. Entertainment was also very cool, Magician and signing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's Amore!PhooleDined on 9/2/2014Highly recommended! Excellent food, the zingiest caesar salad I've ever had, great service, and the best ambiance and entertainment! Live crooners interact with the crowd and absolutely nail vocal standard tunes with excellent interpretation. Capo's is now the reason I want to go back to Las Vegas - if you love the Rat Pack, semi-circular tufted booths, low lights, a huge quality wine list and a memorable, classy night out, Capo's is for you! Tell 'em Phoole sent you. :)Special Features: