The Orchard House
146 Orchard St.,
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Orchard House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theorch.com/
- Phone: 2127778600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesdays - Wednesdays: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Brunch: Saturdays & Sundays 11:30am - 4pm
Lunch Coming in February
Late Night Fridays & Saturdays 11:30pm - 3:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coming soon
- Special Events: Open Bar / Birthday parties / Company parties / Brunch parties / Bridal showers / and many more...
A word from The Orchard House
The Orchard House is located in the Lower East Side. We serve Contemporary American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Orchard House reviews from OpenTable diners
- 4 for brunch at 2:00pm. OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/2/20124 for brunch at 2:00pm. Out of mussels , lox, calamari, virtually all seafood. Eggs ordered with cheese. no cheese. spacious very few customers. Drinks were good. Server pleasant and apologetic.
- A solid brunch spotFritzadamsDined on 11/18/2012Overall, a great deal. The food was good, standard brunch fare, the sangria was great and the service was excellent. I'd happily go again.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012I spent a great evening at The Orchard. Delicious food, attentive staff and relaxing ambience. What's not to like? Plus it's located in a lively neighborhood, but at a quiet street which makes it a true gem in the Lower East Side. I'll be back in New York and definitely to The Orchard House.Special Features:
- perfect lunch place and veryjlonycVIPDined on 9/27/2012perfect lunch place and very cool decor. great dinner plaace as well.Special Features:
- Great food, the food actuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2012Great food, the food actually looked identical to what was on the website. Recommendations by hostess/waitress were excellent.Special Features:
- Gorgeous place, food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Gorgeous place, food was delicious as always. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Polite staff - bartender attentive;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012Polite staff - bartender attentive; great bottle of wine (Hunter from New Zealand); good food - had mac and cheese, crab cakes, scallops, and hanger steak - all goodSpecial Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2012The food was good and the staff was reasonably nice but unfortunately way too slow. We started getting worried when a group behind us complained they had ordered 40 min prior... We unfortunately waited even longer, and they brought us a very good bread basket, but only about 30 min into the wait.Special Features:
- I would recommend this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/1/2012I would recommend this place for brunch. Service was excellent. Everyone loved the mussels. Superb homemade country fries. Surely, we will come back.Special Features:
- The restaurant was out ofL8DinerVIPDined on 8/28/2012The restaurant was out of calamari & mussels. I ordered the chicken wings. Ooops, out of those, too. Short rib, dates, striped bass, & pan roast chicken were good.
- great Sunday brunch! TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2012great Sunday brunch! They were really nice, even though my friend was 45 min late. There were enough tables that they were able to seat me right away and kept coming by to refill my coffee.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed brunch here...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2012Really enjoyed brunch here... Tried a little bit of everything and it was ALL delicious! Went on a beautiful day and the ambiance was perfect :)Special Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012Went here on a double date before going out in the LES. The atmosphere was energetic and the food was good for the pricepoint. It was affordable with a large menu. Cocktails and sangria were good. I had the beet salad to start which was excellent. Then we all split small plates -- crab cakes which were good but spicy, mac and cheese very good, fried calamari was good, and short ribs with polenta which were a little fatty, but good. Overall good experience for a casual date night.Special Features:
- Met for an early dinner beforeBouludDined on 8/6/2012Met for an early dinner before seeing a show. Food was decent. Our server was lovely and the bus staff were great. Only complaint is Bad Mood Bartender with Attitude insisting on cranking his pop EDM music. Hipster evolution I guess.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2012A great find and incredible value. The bacon wrapped date with blue cheese appetizer is phenomenal!Special Features:
- Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012the food here was very good. had a veggie starter which consisted of hummus and other mezze like items, excellent and then had a salad as a mains (I am veggie) My companion had the scallops and loved them. The only reservation she had was a starter that was made with fig which was a bit too sweet. The waitress (Angelika) was fantastic! and overall, a very good experience. The layout of the restaurant is just okay--very much like a railroad car layout (long and thin) I think if it were busier, it might not be so pleasant, but not certain. We enjoyed and definitely would go back. KSpecial Features:
- Great ambience, friendly servers,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012Great ambience, friendly servers, really good food! I saw that they had a brunch deal - I would totally come back for it.Special Features:
- A newly opened restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2012A newly opened restaurant, food excellent with good sized portion, very flavorful. Very good selection of wine & drinks at reasonable prices. Will definately return.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and surprisingamgsVIPDined on 4/21/2012Food was excellent and surprising combinations were a plus. Only downside was that they had run out of almost all the beers on the menu (which was only 8) which was unfortunate for a saturday night.Special Features:
- You can't beat their brunch!RSMMathewsVIPDined on 4/21/2012We went for Saturday brunch. You can hardly beat the price 18.95 including three drinks! My scrambled egg plate came with deliciously spicy home fries. Normally I leave these on the plate but they were irresistible. We loved the look of the place and would definitely recommend it when you want to stroll through this trendy part of town.Special Features:
- The food was really delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2012The food was really delicious, the ambiance was fun and lively, the wait staff was really nice and very accommodating. I would definitely recommended it to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- We happened to be in the neighborhoHungryJacquiVIPDined on 4/7/2012We happened to be in the neighborhood and stopped in for a bite to eat. The front of the restaurant has windows that open to the street that would make for a nice feature during the summer when the weather is nicer. My mom had the avocado salad and the sea bass, both of which she loved. I had a salad (forgot what kind) and the lamb sliders, which were quite good. The sliders were very flavorful (almost gamey, but in a good way) and were served with a handchopped relish and something avocado-ey on top. They even had a gin I rarely see, Oxley's, but unfortunately were out of it the day we visited so I wasn'ta ble to try it. I like an adventurous bar, so that they ever have it was a good sign to me.
- A LITTLE OFFSushiLoverDined on 2/17/2012I'm guessing this must be more of a late night spot, considering the other reviews. We had a bizarre experience. An over anxious host and wait staff (I know, we should be happy with the attention...but there was an air of desperation to please that felt awkward), an atmosphere that also felt like it was trying too hard, and food that while surprisingly pretty good felt like it was prepared by an amateur. I'd made a reservation...but we immediately regretted not stopping into some of the more interesting-looking spots in the area.
- While I don't recommend theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/28/2012While I don't recommend the menu here if you are looking for a memorable dinner, the restaurant is very lively and would be a good place to grab drinks before a night out.Special Features:
- Loved the fun decor -- theheathmyVIPDined on 1/21/2012Loved the fun decor -- the walls are quite clever. Menu was interesting, the execution slightly less so, but the service was attentive. Most confounding, though, was the loud top-40 soundtrack ("is that really Kelly Clarkson?"). If it was intended to be ironic, it was far too subtle for me...
- One of the best all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011One of the best all around experiences I've had. Everything blended together very well the music,food,flavors, ambiance,the drinks. All very good totally will be back!Special Features:
- My mom and I came here withFoodieVIPDined on 12/29/2011My mom and I came here with a Thrillist voucher, and we were extremely impressed. First of all, the restaurant was very accommodating with substitutes for the voucher (allowing us each to trade in our two beers for a glass of wine and a coffee with dessert). I had the white sangria, which was amazing, and the riesling, which was very good. We split the crab fondue (very tasty) and the tuna carpaccio (which was fantastic). For dinner, we split the gnocchi and the sea bas, which were both delicious. For dessert, we had an unbelievable chocolate pudding with coconut ice cream. We are definitely planning on coming back here again!Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2011Surprisingly tasty with a great seasonal menu and very cute atmosphere. The place was fairly empty at 8:30pm on a Saturday so we were a bit apprehensive at first but the food was amazing (try the blueclaw crab app), cocktails were wonderful, and the staff was friendly. Definitely go there before others figure out and start packing this place every night (I think they just opened this summer).Special Features:
- food great. decor, strange.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2011food great. decor, strange. and very empty.. sad this place not be able to lastSpecial Features:
- Well rounded - cocktails,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011Well rounded - cocktails, beer and food. Well done.