5412 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.orangeryknoxville.com/
- Phone: 8655882964
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, International
- Executive Chef: John Bryant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With Several Private dining rooms to choose from, we can accomodate private dining parties of 2 to 500 in the best possible accomodations.
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen Anderson 8655882964
- Entertainment: Live Piano music every Friday and Saturday and Jazz/Blues bands every Thursday night.
- Special Events: Five differernt private rooms to choose from that will seat parties of 2 to 300. The Phoenix ballroom is well known for wedding receptions and private events.
A word from The Orangery
Welcome to The Orangery!! Since 1971, we have been offering our guests a truly unique dining experience featuring classic French and International Cuisine presented with elegance and flair reminiscent of the Old World. Whether seated in our main dining room or one of the other 7 private dining rooms, our guests experience an ambience and dining experience like no other. We encourage you to use our online OpenTable reservation system to reserve your table at The Orangery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Orangery - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
The Orangery reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (26)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Beautifulpass2leftDined on 8/18/2014The Orangery is among the best of Knoxville restaurants. Carpet, tablecloths, and fabric walls (!!) equal an elegant, quiet atmosphere. But most memorable of all is superb food, each dish so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBuckeyeSteve1Dined on 8/14/2014The Orangery was our favorite restaurant in Knoxville when we lived there over 30 years ago. We were so pleased that they were still in business. Previously a 5 star restaurant, all but the food was most disappointing. There is a cocktail bar attached with very noisy music, service was more akin to a local BBQ restaurant, with a cocktail there was no swizzle stick - a straw in a paper wrapper, etc, etc. I was looking for the "old Orangery". Maybe that wasn't fair. The food was quite good, but the experience lacking.
- Wonderful!KTownDinerDined on 8/9/2014Very romantic, great food, and great service. . . .what more could you ask? We dined in the Courtyard with all the twinkle lights aglow above the tables and candle-light, white linen table cloths, and fresh flowers on our table along with live piano music in the background. Pair that with great service and the best food and wine in town, and you can't beat it! The lobster crepes themselves served with that rich, creamy sauce were great, but they also came with a whole lobster tail on top! Yummy!Special Features:
- Great food, Slow serviceFood4LifeDined on 8/2/2014Always hard to beat the experience you get at The Orangery. This visit was the exception. Service was incredibly slow. Food was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014if you want a great dining experience in an elegant environment at a reasonable cost - go to the orangery in knoxville!! we tried the beginners wine diner. five courses of good wines and good food. it's open seating with other foodies and wines lovers so we already had something in common. as each course was presented (beautifully, i might add) an explanation of the wine choice went with it. we had a great time.Special Features:
- LuvnewyorkdiningDined on 7/29/2014The Orangery has "Burger Night" every Tuesday featuring a Kobe beef burger & fries for $10. Half of the proceeds go to charity. The burger is fantastic & for a good cause.Special Features:
- exceptional foodAAsRestaurantGuideDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I shared a NY strip and an order of salmon. all of the food was outstanding. service was quite good. we were there late and the place was nearly empty. service would probably be a bit "stiff" during prime hours. Price was high, but in this instance I'd call it getting what you're paying for.Special Features:
- Great dinnerFredVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great dinner. We had chateaubriand which was prepared excellently. Service was also very good with the service personnel working well together. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger NiteLuvnewyorkdiningDined on 7/15/2014Took granddaughters for Burger night. It was very special for them. The staff made them feel "grown up". The burgers were great & it was an added bonus that half the cost of the burger went to charity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We have had lunches and dinners at the Orangery for many years; but this was the first experience with Sunday brunch. The brunch was not up to Orangery standards. We were there for the final scheduled hour. It seemed that the food had been excellent but had been out too long. The error appeared to be preparing dishes that were too large and therefore remained on display for too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a celebrationhokiedinerDined on 7/11/2014Met with friends for a special celebration. Their first time here; our second. Great food, wine, atmosphere, staff, and service. All enjoyed their meals and we split desserts, which were pretty good. Four different entrées - all excellent. Wait staff there has great timing. We were not rushed at all, yet never felt like we were waiting for the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to The OrangeryMemoriesDined on 7/11/2014Our first visit to The Orangery was a very pleasant experience. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the food was wonderful. The pianist provided quiet music, appropriate for dining, and our request was played beautifully. The waitstaff was friendly and efficient. It was a nice way to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary. We would definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to rememberdelightedDined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed the evening immensely - a relaxed but elegant atmosphere enhanced by the pleasant piano music. Our waiter was appropriately attentive. The size of the food portions was perfect and everything tasted delicious. We plan to return.Special Features:
- Very nice findTNDinersDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to the Orangery, the food was fabulous, the pianist was a special treat.Special Features:
- An enchanting dining experienceSmilingDined on 6/28/2014We had slipped away from the seminar that brought us to Knoxville to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary. From the friendly greeting, to the collection of unique architectural elements in the decor, to the wonderful pianist playing the Steinway, to the charming waitress, to every course (Vichyssoise, filet medallions with bearnaise sauce, amaretto brownie) being delicious we were delighted!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsHubbysBirthdayDined on 6/25/2014The Orangery is always top-notch in food quality, ambiance and service. They are also trying to stretch into a wider market with more casual options, discounts and community outreach. They even have a vegetarian entree now! The Asiago Eggplant was well prepared and very tasty, but was a very large portion of eggplant with a very light accompaniment of spinach and tomato. A more balanced plate with a choice of side (pasta would be traditional) would have been more pleasant. But with the addition of an appetizer and salad it was more than enough of a meal, and the service was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- Business lunchPinnacleSDined on 6/24/2014From the moment you walk in the door and receive a warm greeting you know your Orangery experience will be great. I requested a private room for a business lunch and it was a perfect setting. Food was fantastic and service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeedbackakakathleenDined on 6/20/2014Very good - great history but not what it used to be! You expect over-the-top and it was very, very good but not special.Special Features:
- trs57Dined on 6/15/2014I go to The Orangery about once a month. It is probably the best restaurant in Knoxville. But this was my first time going for Sunday Brunch. It was good. I just don't think it was up to their usual quality. However, the service was just as outstanding as it is the rest of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Icon in KnoxvillegottogoDined on 6/11/2014The Orangery has been in Knoxville for many years providing residents a special place to dine and celebrate occasions. They have always striven to provide quality and delicious food for their patrons. As one of those patrons I can say they have succeeded. There is no better restaurant or venue to bring business people to show them what Knoxville has to offer.Special Features:
- Wonderful cuisineColtSLDined on 6/11/2014The food is elegant; exceptionally prepared and presented with unusual and delicious notes not often found in today's American restaurant. I highly recommend the Traditional Caviar Service. The presentation and taste is simply exquisite! The atmosphere is perfectly suited for a romantic meal and is never rushed. Hearty portions in steak and meat entrees with flawlessly chosen complementary side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedSavvyDined on 6/8/2014Unfortunately, we went for brunch, granted it was late, within an hour if brunch ending, however, the food looked like it had been sitting out for hours, it was cold, some if it was good, but cold. There was only one other table and yet our waitress stopped at the table only once after she brought our coffee. It was not a broad selection particularly in the desserts, they had brownies and cookies. It was odd that they had a spread for Lox and bagels, but had no bagels or breakfast pastries of any kind. The servers milled about chatting with each other, in front of our table, waiting for us to finish so they could clear the brunch. Because the food was so poorly presented and cold we left within 20 minutes of our arrival. Disappointed.
- Excellent BrunchSuzieQDined on 6/1/2014I love the brunch at the Orangery. They have so many items to choose from, and everything is always delicious. I especially love the pork loin, prime rib, and the bananas foster - they are the highlights of my meal! My husband and I really enjoy visiting the Orangery for brunch. We have been there several times, and we will continue to come back. The service is excellent, and the staff are always very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationkbsbwDined on 5/30/2014My twin sister and our husbands had dinner for our birthday. Love Judy playing piano. Our families go way back. Great food, wine, music and service. There was a rather rowdy wedding reception in the next room which could have been more buffered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WuddlyDined on 5/24/2014Fancy tables and food was quite good. My scallop appetizer was too salty but we all shared so it could just be me. Very nice wines and liqueurs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Thick Eggplant!USCHokieVIPDined on 5/8/2014Ordered eggplant that was thick as a brick, although was last serving out of the chef's pan. Worst ever. Waited and waited for everything, except last glass of port! While food is generally very good, the service and wait times are highly inconsistent, even for a Knoxville restaurant. High dollar won't guarantee supreme dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 380 reviews are from the The Orangery reviews archive.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The atmosphere for the visit and greeting was excellent.The food, as always,was excellent too. Service was not quite as good as on previous visits.In fact we have never not enjoyed a meal at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a dining experiencechuckbowersDined on 4/25/2014the review process is awkward and prevents me from writing the favorable review earned by the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Romantic EveningRandyDined on 4/12/2014I chose to share out 34th wedding anniversary at the Orangery, as a special surprise to my wife. I knew that not only would we receive great food, but an environment that would set the mood for a romantic evening. Our server was wonderful as was all the staff. Excellent very talented musician at the piano topped the evening. Great food, great facility, great environment started a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch!SuzieQDined on 4/6/2014The Orangery has the most amazing brunch I have ever had! The ribeye (and/or beef tenderloin on some Sundays) is delicious, as are all the other dishes, such as shrimp and grits, lobster mac and cheese, and spinach quiche, as well as regular breakfast items. I also love the bananas foster, the key lime pie, and the chocolate rasberry parfait for dessert. I will continue to come here often. The service is excellent, and all the employees are extremely nice. I would recommend this to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is wonderful!SuzieQDined on 3/30/2014I love the brunch at the Orangery. They have everything to choose from, the price is great, and the service is excellent. I especially love the chef hand-cutting the beef loin for the patrons, as well as the bananas foster - they are the two highlights of the meal for me. I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014My wife and I visited for the first time and really had a enjoyable meal. The staff was profesional and vary upbeat. The cousin that we ate was Exquisid to say the least. It is a nice quite cozy atmosphere and if you havent had a chance you should make and effort to give it a change. Vary satified customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding, RomanticJuneDined on 3/15/2014Do share the new Cheese Tray appetizer, you won't be sorry. I had my favorite, Lobster and Mushroom Crepes; so good, and the only place I know of that serves them. My partner had the two-boned (frenched), pork chop which he always enjoys. We were very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Restaurant WeekJudyDined on 3/7/2014Had a lovely 5 course dinner (including amuse bouche) during restaurant week. Every bite was delicious and the portions were appropriate. Of course it is a beautiful restaurant with a great atmosphere, and the service was perfect. Our reservation was at 6 - who would have guessed that The Orangery would have half price wine during happy hour. Great experience - glad this place is back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part of Second Harvest Fund RaiserTenneesseeJulieVIPDined on 3/6/2014Glad to see Orangery take part in this worthy cause. Select menu was good. Place was full of diners. Thursday music did not fit the ambiance of this beautiful eatery. Piano on Wednesday would be nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot!CLG13Dined on 3/5/2014In the Knoxville sea of chain restaurants, this place is a delight. Unique food, attentive service and a great happy hour. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night, food is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Why have we not been to The Orangery before now? Wonderful date night experience. Tried the Restaurant Week menu with different selections so we could each try something different. Best meal we've had ever for Restaurant Week. One of the best meals we've had anywhere. Great place for foodies!Special Features:
- We did the resturant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014We did the resturant week special and the portions were much smaller than normal dinning. This was not the first time we had been to orangery so we had excpected the normal size plate, the food was still good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect place to celebrateMandosDined on 3/1/2014The perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. Service is always top notch and the food is truely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteTaene2Dined on 2/28/2014As always, the food was superb. We had our requested waiter and he was awesome but slow. It appeared that he had way too many tables. Very unusual. Piano player is great. Love her music.Special Features: