5412 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.orangeryknoxville.com/
- Phone: (865) 588-2964
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, International
- Executive Chef: John Bryant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With Several Private dining rooms to choose from, we can accomodate private dining parties of 2 to 500 in the best possible accomodations.
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen Anderson 8655882964
- Entertainment: Live Piano music every Friday and Saturday and Jazz/Blues bands every Thursday night.
- Special Events: Five differernt private rooms to choose from that will seat parties of 2 to 300. The Phoenix ballroom is well known for wedding receptions and private events.
A word from The Orangery
Welcome to The Orangery!! Since 1971, we have been offering our guests a truly unique dining experience featuring classic French and International Cuisine presented with elegance and flair reminiscent of the Old World. Whether seated in our main dining room or one of the other 7 private dining rooms, our guests experience an ambience and dining experience like no other. We encourage you to use our online OpenTable reservation system to reserve your table at The Orangery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Orangery - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
The Orangery reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (30)romantic (24)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Anniversary #32LLamamomandpopDined on 11/13/2014I needed a special place for our anniversary dinner for just us two. We live about 50 miles from Knoxville, so I looked up places and decided on the Orangery. It is everything they and other people said about it. Peter gave us excellent service, helpful on wine selections. No rushing--real dining-- a special evening out. My wife had the rack of lamb and I the parmesan encrusted scallops. We are "Chopped" fans and found both our dinners could have won.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- colusmcDined on 11/10/2014A superb evening; excellent food, service, and ambience with Jimmy the piano player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014My wife and I were celebrating my birthday and it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Delicious French CuisinePartyof2Dined on 10/28/2014This was the first time my husband and I ate at The Orangery, even though we have lived in Knoxville for almost eight years. But I think it was a good thing since, according to our server, there is new head chef providing an exciting update to The Orangery with a true passion for making fantastic food. We both started out with the tomato bisque, which we both absolutely loved. For the main course, I ordered the filet mignon. It was savory, rich, flavorful; all the things a filet mignon should be. For Knoxville, it is a romantic restaurant with class. A little older building, but that adds to its charm. Wonderful meal and experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real food, real cooksGusterandmimiDined on 10/21/2014We dined early on a Tuesday night so the restaurant (not surprisingly) wasn't at all crowed. There were only 2 other parties in the main dining room, but they seated us a comfortable distance away from the other parties so we (and they)could enjoy our own conversation. Nice touch. But what we like most is the food. You can get items like veal, veal stock reductions which are wonderful, and lobster crepes that have real lobster in them. Of course everything is cooked exactly as requested (eg, medium rare). It's always a very pleasant experience to visit the OrangerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPinkeyDined on 10/11/2014Attentive service. Live piano player during dinner. Mixed drinks were good. Wine was good and half price by the glass for happy hour. We had the chateaubriand after a Bistro salad. A very nice medium rare. Scallops with our salads. Finished off with a fruit cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife's birthday nightDrBobDined on 10/8/2014Telling my wife we'd be celebrating her birthday at La Orangery made her giggle and go 'ooooh!' Ordering flowers thru the Opentable website made everything quite convenient and the waitor had the table and flowers waiting for us. The background music from the pianist was really special and added to the ambiance. The food of course was excellent and the novelty of preparation was excellent. Unfortunately, the appetizer crab was laden with too much oil. All else was wonderful. We highly recommend this.Special Features:
- May be the best restaurant in townCharlieDined on 10/4/2014This is our first time dining at The Orangery and it has become our favorite restaurant in Knoxville. Ambiance is Belle Epoque - it may strike some as over the top but it's fitting for a fine dining French restaurant. Interesting menu, good wine list, polished but friendly service. Food preparation and presentation are outstanding. Pianist provided enjoyable mood music and was not intrusive - i'm told the pianist is there several nights per week not just weekends. My only regret is that we don't visit Knoxville often enough to be able to enjoy this restaurant as frequently as we would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price!Lgm1978Dined on 10/4/2014Seated by hostess but given no menus. Waited 10 minutes before waitress even acknowledged our presence. Two of the four cocktail orders were wrong and when brought to the attention of the waitress she said "we have a new bartender." Filet was delicious but potatoes were cold.Special Features:
- BruceDined on 9/23/2014Excellent lunch. Service a bit slow due to large group in side room. Overall, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceTennmanDined on 9/19/2014The staff are tremendous as is the food. The overall experience makes this restaurant a must do for any time you want to pamper yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We decided to enjoy the burger night with the expectation of good food and a reasonable price along with the opportunity to support a local charity. Was surprised that we were not asked how we wanted our burgers cooked. The waitress put all the orders in at one time and we got a variety of doneness for the meat. We also got fries that were a bit limp and just warm. A bit disappointing for a restaurant that looks so amazing.
- Very good brunchbrunch4meDined on 9/14/2014I really enjoyed the quality of the food and its presentation. If I have any negative comments it would be that the variety of the food was not as extensive as I have had at other brunches in the area. Also, the omelet I had was a disappointment. It took a very long time to get it and it was not very well prepared.Special Features:
- Great Google FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I am new to the Knoxville area, and when a special occasion came up, I googled fine dining in Knoxville. The Orangery was the top result, and so I checked it out. The website wasn't perfect, but it allowed me to see that this truly was a fine restaurant. I then made my reservation through the website (which was very simple). The outside of the building isn't anything fancy, but as soon as you step inside, you know you are in for an amazing dining experience. We were quickly greeted, and shown to our table. Our waitress was very friendly and informative. The food was AMAZING! If I had to complain about anything, it would be the prices, but that is only because I am a semi-broke college kid. The prices are actually quite reasonable.Special Features:
- what we hoped it would beFlash1944Dined on 9/9/2014We were looking for a memorable evening for our anniversary and The Orangery came through. It was nice to be in a place again where service was provided without having to request it. The food, service and ambiance were just what we were wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I have never been offered wild mushrooms at a restaurant before. They were good. All the food is as it should be, but the big thing is that the staff is as they should be also - polite, friendly, and never aloof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels were a MinusTraveleatsDined on 9/4/2014Service here was not the best. After inquiring, we were told the mussels were medium size. They were the size of raisins.it was a"joke". We would definitely not recommend going here.Special Features:
- Beautifulpass2leftDined on 8/18/2014The Orangery is among the best of Knoxville restaurants. Carpet, tablecloths, and fabric walls (!!) equal an elegant, quiet atmosphere. But most memorable of all is superb food, each dish so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBuckeyeSteve1Dined on 8/14/2014The Orangery was our favorite restaurant in Knoxville when we lived there over 30 years ago. We were so pleased that they were still in business. Previously a 5 star restaurant, all but the food was most disappointing. There is a cocktail bar attached with very noisy music, service was more akin to a local BBQ restaurant, with a cocktail there was no swizzle stick - a straw in a paper wrapper, etc, etc. I was looking for the "old Orangery". Maybe that wasn't fair. The food was quite good, but the experience lacking.
- Wonderful!KTownDinerDined on 8/9/2014Very romantic, great food, and great service. . . .what more could you ask? We dined in the Courtyard with all the twinkle lights aglow above the tables and candle-light, white linen table cloths, and fresh flowers on our table along with live piano music in the background. Pair that with great service and the best food and wine in town, and you can't beat it! The lobster crepes themselves served with that rich, creamy sauce were great, but they also came with a whole lobster tail on top! Yummy!Special Features:
- Great food, Slow serviceFood4LifeDined on 8/2/2014Always hard to beat the experience you get at The Orangery. This visit was the exception. Service was incredibly slow. Food was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014if you want a great dining experience in an elegant environment at a reasonable cost - go to the orangery in knoxville!! we tried the beginners wine diner. five courses of good wines and good food. it's open seating with other foodies and wines lovers so we already had something in common. as each course was presented (beautifully, i might add) an explanation of the wine choice went with it. we had a great time.Special Features:
- LuvnewyorkdiningDined on 7/29/2014The Orangery has "Burger Night" every Tuesday featuring a Kobe beef burger & fries for $10. Half of the proceeds go to charity. The burger is fantastic & for a good cause.Special Features:
- exceptional foodAAsRestaurantGuideDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I shared a NY strip and an order of salmon. all of the food was outstanding. service was quite good. we were there late and the place was nearly empty. service would probably be a bit "stiff" during prime hours. Price was high, but in this instance I'd call it getting what you're paying for.Special Features:
- Great dinnerFredVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great dinner. We had chateaubriand which was prepared excellently. Service was also very good with the service personnel working well together. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 400 reviews are from the The Orangery reviews archive.
- Burger NiteLuvnewyorkdiningDined on 7/15/2014Took granddaughters for Burger night. It was very special for them. The staff made them feel "grown up". The burgers were great & it was an added bonus that half the cost of the burger went to charity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We have had lunches and dinners at the Orangery for many years; but this was the first experience with Sunday brunch. The brunch was not up to Orangery standards. We were there for the final scheduled hour. It seemed that the food had been excellent but had been out too long. The error appeared to be preparing dishes that were too large and therefore remained on display for too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a celebrationhokiedinerDined on 7/11/2014Met with friends for a special celebration. Their first time here; our second. Great food, wine, atmosphere, staff, and service. All enjoyed their meals and we split desserts, which were pretty good. Four different entrées - all excellent. Wait staff there has great timing. We were not rushed at all, yet never felt like we were waiting for the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to The OrangeryMemoriesDined on 7/11/2014Our first visit to The Orangery was a very pleasant experience. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the food was wonderful. The pianist provided quiet music, appropriate for dining, and our request was played beautifully. The waitstaff was friendly and efficient. It was a nice way to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary. We would definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to rememberdelightedDined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed the evening immensely - a relaxed but elegant atmosphere enhanced by the pleasant piano music. Our waiter was appropriately attentive. The size of the food portions was perfect and everything tasted delicious. We plan to return.Special Features:
- Very nice findTNDinersDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to the Orangery, the food was fabulous, the pianist was a special treat.Special Features:
- An enchanting dining experienceSmilingDined on 6/28/2014We had slipped away from the seminar that brought us to Knoxville to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary. From the friendly greeting, to the collection of unique architectural elements in the decor, to the wonderful pianist playing the Steinway, to the charming waitress, to every course (Vichyssoise, filet medallions with bearnaise sauce, amaretto brownie) being delicious we were delighted!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsHubbysBirthdayDined on 6/25/2014The Orangery is always top-notch in food quality, ambiance and service. They are also trying to stretch into a wider market with more casual options, discounts and community outreach. They even have a vegetarian entree now! The Asiago Eggplant was well prepared and very tasty, but was a very large portion of eggplant with a very light accompaniment of spinach and tomato. A more balanced plate with a choice of side (pasta would be traditional) would have been more pleasant. But with the addition of an appetizer and salad it was more than enough of a meal, and the service was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- Business lunchPinnacleSDined on 6/24/2014From the moment you walk in the door and receive a warm greeting you know your Orangery experience will be great. I requested a private room for a business lunch and it was a perfect setting. Food was fantastic and service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeedbackakakathleenDined on 6/20/2014Very good - great history but not what it used to be! You expect over-the-top and it was very, very good but not special.Special Features:
- trs57Dined on 6/15/2014I go to The Orangery about once a month. It is probably the best restaurant in Knoxville. But this was my first time going for Sunday Brunch. It was good. I just don't think it was up to their usual quality. However, the service was just as outstanding as it is the rest of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Icon in KnoxvillegottogoDined on 6/11/2014The Orangery has been in Knoxville for many years providing residents a special place to dine and celebrate occasions. They have always striven to provide quality and delicious food for their patrons. As one of those patrons I can say they have succeeded. There is no better restaurant or venue to bring business people to show them what Knoxville has to offer.Special Features:
- Wonderful cuisineColtSLDined on 6/11/2014The food is elegant; exceptionally prepared and presented with unusual and delicious notes not often found in today's American restaurant. I highly recommend the Traditional Caviar Service. The presentation and taste is simply exquisite! The atmosphere is perfectly suited for a romantic meal and is never rushed. Hearty portions in steak and meat entrees with flawlessly chosen complementary side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedSavvyDined on 6/8/2014Unfortunately, we went for brunch, granted it was late, within an hour if brunch ending, however, the food looked like it had been sitting out for hours, it was cold, some if it was good, but cold. There was only one other table and yet our waitress stopped at the table only once after she brought our coffee. It was not a broad selection particularly in the desserts, they had brownies and cookies. It was odd that they had a spread for Lox and bagels, but had no bagels or breakfast pastries of any kind. The servers milled about chatting with each other, in front of our table, waiting for us to finish so they could clear the brunch. Because the food was so poorly presented and cold we left within 20 minutes of our arrival. Disappointed.
- Excellent BrunchSuzieQDined on 6/1/2014I love the brunch at the Orangery. They have so many items to choose from, and everything is always delicious. I especially love the pork loin, prime rib, and the bananas foster - they are the highlights of my meal! My husband and I really enjoy visiting the Orangery for brunch. We have been there several times, and we will continue to come back. The service is excellent, and the staff are always very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.