The One Sushi +
2523 Caldwell Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
The One Sushi +
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theonesushiplus.com/
- Phone: 4048696988
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm-10pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether a celebratory evening with family and friends or a business meal with colleagues, The One Sushi + has many options for your next private event.
- Private Party Contact: Mali hu 4048696988
A word from The One Sushi +
A warm and relaxed dining experience in an industrial interior decor, THE ONE is a modern interpretation of a traditional Japanese restaurant. Sushi, sashimi, and new Asian cuisine served tapas-style with a full bar in a relaxed dining atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The One Sushi + - Best Restaurants in Brookhaven ›
The One Sushi + reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- EricVIPDined on 10/22/2014The tables by the wall are extremely too close together; it is impossible to enjoy your dinner and conversation, as you are too busy being distracted by the conversations and activities of others guests, who are just an elbow away. Although our waitress was extremely fun and attentive, I will definitely think twice before returning to this restaurant due to inconsiderate and rude comments made in response to my food allergy by the Manager that night.Special Features:
- Sushi extraordinaireSomisartistDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant has the most creative sushi menu I have ever seen. There are many combinations that are one of a kind. The restaurant is attractive and interesting. The dishes and glassware are unusual and eclectic. The food is fabulous and fresh. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014They did forget my wife's roll which we canceled after 25-30 min. but other than that everything was great!!! I will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing fun - +Flavors and +ServiceJovanSDined on 8/31/2014I picked 'The One Sushi +' because it was the highest rated sushi place on Open Table near Buckhead where we were staying. We met some family there. This is sort of Sushi meets Tapas. We ordered lots of exotic rolls and other small plates and appetizers. 9 of 10 of the things we ordered were just delicious. The drink list is imaginative, and the selection of Japanese spirits & sakes was large and seemed diverse. The service was attentive and helpful without being intrusive. I recommend the gangnam role - an interesting fusion of Japanese presentation and korean flavors. This was the only thing we ordered twice it was so popular. This is among the to 2-3 Sushi dining experiences I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and staff were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014great location, easy parking, a great neighborhood find, food and staff were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBJVarnDined on 7/11/2014Really enjoyed our dinner. I highly recommend the "Toro on fire roll". Excellent service & food. We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Sushi in Town!VAGAFamilyVIPDined on 7/10/2014We really enjoy going to Sushi 1+! The fish is very fresh and delicious and the service is always very good.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the The One Sushi + reviews archive.
- awesomenessMariettaFoodKriticDined on 6/30/2014This place was really accommodating for our group. The sushi was amazing and the staff there was great. I will be returning here with other friends lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad Servicegoodstuff414Dined on 6/26/2014My friends planned an engagement party for me at The One. Our reservation was at 8:00 and they didn't seat us until 8:25. The manager did however bring us each a glass of complimentary wine for the wait, which was nice. Our food came out at totally different times. I was finished with my sushi before my friends even got their food. Then food came out in shifts so we all were earing at different times. I will say the sushi was outstanding. Another thing I wasn't crazy about was the noise level. It was INCREDIBLY loud and in major need of some sound proofing!!! I would return for the food, but the service and noise level need some work!!Special Features:
- great sushi spot in brookhavenPriyaDined on 6/25/2014This was my first time here and we loved it. The service was great and the sushi was delicious. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Hit and misscjxxVIPDined on 6/21/2014The service was great. The picante roll was excellent! I was disappointed by Korean BBQ short rib. The beef was very tough with more fat than meat. The bench seating is not comfortable. I would eat here again, but will not be rushing back any time soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DBrownDBrownDined on 6/14/2014The staff was friendly and had good recommendations. I'm not big on raw sushi so the variety of cooked tapas was great! It is in a great location, just off of Dresden. I will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert at Sushi PlaceBabeeDined on 5/31/2014The food was excellent, but the dessert wowed me. The Apple sushi is out of this world and something I would go back for. I am going to try my best to try to make it. Very impressed. It was beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Consistently Well DoneBecauseUaskedDined on 5/30/2014Each time I have come here, from the moment we enter until we leave, the staff is attentive. The food is well prepared, the staff is knowledgeable, and the atmosphere is appropriate. Although I am not a Sushi lover, however the love of my life is, they have made the experience both pleasant and enjoyable. We both thank you for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New sushi spot in Brookhaven!SMAtlVIPDined on 5/23/2014We dined at The One Sushi last Friday night and were very pleased with our food! We got the sashimi tuna special for an appetizer, it was delicious! Recommend the Sex & the City roll, that was our favorite and the yellowtail jalapeno shots! Will definitely be going back, excited to have a good sushi restaurant in Brookhaven!Special Features:
- very nicely surprisedDwellsDined on 5/15/2014We have been going to UMI in bulkhead for great sushi BUT now we have somewhere closer to home to go that is EVERYBIT as good, if not better and less expensive than UMI. We were waited on by Jessica who did a wonderful job. The fresh catch that day was o toro and it was wonderful. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great sushi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mlt1VIPDined on 5/14/2014Great sushi ! Fun atmosphere ! We cannot wait to come back and try more items. The Yellowtail shooters were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2014Monday night it was a date night for me and wife. Our favorite food is sushi. So we were looking for some restaurant that has a good fresh sushi nice wine list and nice coktail list. Once we sat down about 2 minutes a server came over. As usual my wife ordered a cocktail for her and I look at a very interesting cocktail list so i decided to start my dinner with a cocktail. We start our dinner with asparagus fries,seared miso duck,Taiwanese ck,Gaelic roll,sashimi platter. And of course a nice red wine with my dinner.overall from the start till end was a good experience. Everything was nicely presented and nicely done. We were very impress. Service very nice. Server well trained.Like found a hidden gem in Brookhaven. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotEF721Dined on 5/2/2014The food selection was tremendous. The sushi was great. The presentation was excellent. It was my first time there, but I can definitely recommend the jalapeno yellow tail shots (not too spicy) and the cucumber lollipops. Our server was friendly, made excellent recommendations and was not intrusive. I will definitely be returning and have already recommended One Sushi + to friends.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!!HippichicDined on 5/2/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the stellar service my husband and I received at One Sushi! I saw one of the sushi chefs on a local morning show & wanted to try the restaurant. After reading reviews I was hesitant. Many reviewers complained about long wait times for seating even when they had a reservation and also 45 minute waits to get food. We had a 7PM reservation, walked in and were seated immediately. We ordered drinks, salads & 5 sushi rolls. The first roll was served as we finished our salads. They serve tapas style so as we finished each roll or just before, the next was served. Could not have been more perfect. AND the sushi was fantastic! Eclectic mix of their own signature rolls and more traditional ones. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking4goodeatsVIPDined on 4/27/2014The nigiri and sashimi were very good as was the grouper special. However, while the staff was very friendly they could not overcome the kitchen's inability to time the meal. There were 4 of us and each of our dishes came out about 10-15 minutes apart. Two had ordered cooked items and these were the first and last to be served, resulting in the first person finishing before the last person was served. One other small but annoying issue: while I don't mind tip suggestions on the check, I do object when the lowest rate is at 18% and the calculation includes the meal and sales tax. If you're in the area keep it simple and go for a drink and some good sushi at the bar.
- great dining experienceibelinpDined on 4/12/2014I haven't had such a great dining experience in a long time. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!ATLhoundVIPDined on 4/11/2014We tried The One Sushi on Friday night and had a wonderful experience. Our service was fantastic. We sat at the sushi bar with our 2 daughters. The sushi chefs were very engaging and fun. The fish, especially the sashimi, was absolutely awesome. We can't wait to return to try more of their signature rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WishesYummDined on 4/1/2014Not that they could help it, but wished for more outdoor seating. Great food though! Cool options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday LunchJai680Dined on 3/30/2014Had a nice time the server (Grace)was very nice and the food was fantastic. I would go again. For some reason the black cod took a long time to get to our table but other than that it was a great experience. They have an extensive happy hour menu too that is good on Sundays also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special Birthday DinnerSushiSueDined on 3/1/2014We chose The One for my birthday dinner because we were looking for a great sushi place near our house. We are so lucky to have this in Brookhaven. We will be back, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itChuckDined on 2/22/2014This little Sushi joint in Brookhaven really hit the spot for us. Nice fresh fish, good specials, great service. Love it and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not worth waitValentinedinerDined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation and was seated immediately. It was pretty full, but not packed. We ordered drinks first and those came out fairly quickly. Then we ordered 2 roles of sushi. It took about 45 minutes from the time we were seated. After eating those in about 5 minutes, we ordered 2 more and those took about 45 minutes, too. I could see 4 sushi chefs behind the bar. Even with being full, the restaurant really isn't that big and I honestly don't know how it took so long to roll the sushi, especially considering 3/4 of the sushi we ordered had <4 ingredients inside. Our waitress was nice, apologized several times about the wait. Reviewers make this place sound amazing, but I've been to places just as good with no wait and cheaper.Special Features:
- Outstanding. Great sushi andJdamVIPDined on 2/14/2014Outstanding. Great sushi and Asian tapas. Great neighborhood place, fit for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SushicroccaDined on 2/14/2014I was very impressed on Valentine's Day when we tried The One Sushi + The sushi was out of the norm and it was delicious. Very fresh tuna and salmon and the staff was amazing! Try it if you get a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double DateSuzyQDined on 2/1/2014They were almost 30 min late with our table even though we had a reservation & didn't apologize. The waitress was nice but extremely slow with drinks, and the food took forever. The sushi was good but not good enough to return with those prices & that service. Wished we had gone somewhere else.
- TherapyeatsAtlbesteatsfinderDined on 1/24/2014We had reservations however our food took forever!!!Special Features:
- Not your average sushiLulustuDined on 1/13/2014The sushi rolls are obviously engineered for the taste buds. It is some of the best sushi I’ve ever had and I eat sushi on a weekly basis. The ingredients are fresh and the combination of flavors are mouth-watering. I highly recommend this restaurant for your sushi cravings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and modernhatladyDined on 12/27/2013Innovative rolls and unique sushi/sashimi items. Fun, fresh, wide selection of interesting items that are well presented.Special Features:
- Great experienceDRSKDined on 12/20/2013Our waiter Sammy was awesome and the food was fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and locationHCbuckheadDined on 12/16/2013We went on a Monday night at 6:30 and it was mostly empty, but started to fill in more as the evening went on. We enjoyed the interesting and delicious food and great service (we had 2 waiters as one was in training and so were well looked after). We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handled a big party wellBirthdayGirlDined on 11/15/2013Celebrated birthday with 10 friends. Service was great, food was great, and they split the check. Highly recommend the warm sake, tempura asparagus and Gaelic roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sushi and service!DannywangVIPDined on 10/5/2013Food: The bluefin tuna platter was EXCELLENT with a reasonable price. Never had bluefin tuna and fresh wasabi in atlanta, maybe not many restaurants have it? The toro on fire roll was well plated and delicious. Brussels sprouts was perfectly cooked and tasty with the sauce. The "buzz bottom" flower cocktail was good and interesting(scared me at first place). Service: Our server was very friendly and professional. The manager also came to say hi. Decor: The bar looks pretty cool. Nice high ceiling and open space. Overall: Surprised they were not busy. Very trendy place. Definently going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall badABearSDined on 10/2/2013We went for my friends birthday and it was terrible! It was a Wednesday night and there were only three other tables in the place and it took three hours to get food! None of the food came out at the same time so we were all finished at different times. Then it was time to split checks and I was billed for other peoples food and food that never came. It was a terrible experience overall.Special Features:
- Good spot in BrookhavenNobodyDined on 8/11/2013We decided to give The One a shot after reading other reviews, and we were not disappointed. Whatever early kinks they may have had, things were smooth for us. The sushi was fresh, well prepared, and served well. Our server made helpful recommendations about which dishes might go better together, and I appreciated his honesty. We still miss Library Coffee Company, but The One will go into our rotation or regular dinner spots.