The Olde Pink House Restaurant
23 Abercron St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Olde Pink House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/savannah-dining.htm
- Phone: 9122324286x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Saturday 11:00-2:30
Bar Menu: Tuesday – Saturday 2:30-5:00
Dinner: Monday – Sunday 5:00-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Vincent Burns
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Olde Pink House is available for your special occasions 365 days a year. We offer rooms for a table of two up to a party of four hundred reserving the entire mansion. With as many as ten private rooms, our event planner and executive chef work together to create a new and unique experience for every event.
- Private Party Contact: Bianca Raub x
- Entertainment: Live music nightly beginning at 7:30pm in our tavern bar
A word from The Olde Pink House Restaurant
Located in the heart of historic Savannah, Georgia, The Olde Pink House, Savannah's only 18th century mansion, is famous for memorable dining experiences featuring seafood caught daily in local waters, prime aged beef and traditional southern fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Olde Pink House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
The Olde Pink House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1081 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (855)romantic (763)fit for foodies (514)neighborhood gem (477)notable wine list (267)good for groups (229)scenic view (178)hot spot (158)great for lunch (130)vibrant bar scene (105)great for brunch (77)late-night find (65)kid-friendly (58)great for outdoor dining (39)Show More
- this place is absolutely awesome!!!jterryDined on 8/31/2014The olde pink house is a very nice establishment. Ambiance and the history of the building is great. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and great HistoryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was so excited to finally try this restaurant. We did not have to wait at all when we arrived for our reservation. We were given a choice to walk the stairs or use the elevator. We walked. The mansion is huge but cozy. The food was great! This is a must if you are in Savannah, just make sure you make the reservation before you arrive or opt for a late evening reservation if it's booked up. The service was excellent and we really enjoyed the information and history shared about the mansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in an Old FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I try to dine at the Old Pink House often when we visit Savannah. The last couple of trips the food quality has gone downhill. This time my oysters were cold, the calamari very chewy and our salmon plates had small portions and were not very well prepared. The garlic mashed potatoes did not have any garlic taste to them. The major disappointment was the bourbon pecan pie desert. The pie was overcooked, rather tasteless and not very appetizing. The service was fine, however the employees were too attentive. We were asked how our food was before the plates hit our table. People kept coming around making banal conversation with no obvious reason to ask. Next trip to Savannah we will seek out a different restaurant.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This is one of the best restaraunts I have been to. Excellent choice for a romantic evening or special occassion. Food and servicer was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic Meal for Special DateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I went the Olde Pink House for a romantic getaway dinner, and it was wonderful The food was not only great, but the portions were astounding! We had a great table overlooking the square. Our server was charming and extremely helpful. The Olde Pink House capped off a great weekend in Savannah, and we look forward to returning on our next visit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Cody was very attentive and knowledgeable. Great recommendations!Special Features:
- Outstanding Southern HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014My husband I recently dined at The Olde Pink House. We made reservations about a week in advance, and were glad, as it was Labor Day Weekend. Our waiter , Bruno, was excellent and very attentive to our needs. My husband is gluten-free, and he made sure to give him extra help in selections. The food was delicious. The wine was excellent, too. WE were seated in a room with only couples and it had a great view. The house has so many rooms and is very historic. I also enjoyed dessert, fresh peach cobbler with ice cream. You don't get any more Southern than that. Dining at The Olde Pink House is more like an experience than just a meal. We will definitely return on our next trip to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Great restaurant but the food is overpriced and the portions are small. Service was excellent would not return there are better places to eat in Savannah.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!Texas4Dined on 8/30/2014It was the perfect romantic dinner for a special occasion! We were celebrating my husband's birthday. From the live music (the tavern bar downstairs and the amazing singer upstairs during dinner) to the food, this was the perfect evening. We made reservations ahead of time and I would suggest doing that. The wait looked to be over an hour and a half without reservations. We got there early so we had drinks downstairs in the tavern bar. It was the perfect ambiance all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We had a fantastic time at The Olde Pink House!!! The building has an interesting and important history and the decor and ambiance were lovely. The food was outstanding (the fried oysters were exceptional) and our server was very attentive and friendly. We enjoyed several courses and a bottle of wine and could not have been happier. We highly recommend this gem.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014I brought my visiting parents from out of town to this restaurant. Everything was outstanding the service the food and the maître d' even switched out a meal I had ordered when he saw my eyes light in envy over the pork shank that came to the table. I would recommend anyone coming from out of town try this savannah spot in the future. The price is good for annual visits and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The quality of the food lived up to its' reputation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014had the fish of the day thinking it would be something special but just so so
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious and the service outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Olde Pink House" a "New" favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent choice for our anniversary dinner. Loved the atmosphere. Great southern hospitality. Wish we had made reservation a little earlier as they were out my 1st choice menu item...but my 2nd choice was delicious! Beautiful old house, great food, friendly staff. Definitely a do over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLizVWRVIPDined on 8/29/2014I heard great things about the Olde Pink House but I am also a food snob so had reservations. The level of service and food far exceeded my expectations. Would love to go back and recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!BrittfoodsDined on 8/29/2014Food was incredible as always, but I did find the service was a bit annoying after the first couple of visits to our table. It was almost like they were trying way too hard. They were all kind, but I think they might could back off just a little bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Southern CharmAFPaganoDined on 8/29/2014A wonderful example of what Savannah has to offer. Food and service was outstanding. Reasonably priced with a menue to fit all taste buds. We will return here to try more of what they have to offer. Make due you make a reservation as this restaurant is very busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014THIS IS THE BEST RESTAURANT. IT IS FULL OF HISTORY & BEAUTY! THE STAFF WERE ALL SO FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING. KONDAY WAS OUR SERVER. HE WAS FABULOUS!!!! VERY ATTENTIVE, POLITE & KNOWLEDGEABLE RE: FOOD ITEMS AS WELL AS HISTORY OF THE HOUSE. THIS WAS OUR ANNIVERSARY DINNER & THE DESSERT WAS SERVED WITH THE WORDS "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" WRITTEN IN CHOCOLATE SAUCE :)KONDAY THANK YOU IT WAS SPECTACULAR!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience In SavannahAtlantafixerDined on 8/28/2014This old south restaurant is a must visit on any trip to Savannah. Food was exceptional & every member of the staff was very knowledgable of the menu & history of the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kindEricnMelanieDined on 8/28/2014Not sure which was best, the staff, food or atmosphere. The staff made you feel like you were the only people there. The food was some of the best we've had in the area. The atmosphere was terrific and the staff gave you the history on the building which made it even nicer. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful southern hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Wonderful history, excellent food, great staff. Very nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best historic and fine dining spotSwm4162VIPDined on 8/28/2014We eat out a lot and know quality food, service and value. We chose the Olde Pink House because of it being the oldest colonial mansion in the US and varied menu. The food was what you'd expect from a five star restaurant in a larger city but served by friendly knowledgeable staff (Kristen was our waitress and she was fabulous) and maintained that Southern flavor you'd expect in Savannah. We had the fried green tomato salad, pot pie, a red snapper dish in a caviar and cauliflower purée and for dessert the praline and almond basket and peach cobbler. We liked this place so much, we changed our dinner plans to return another night during our stay. Oh, we had all of this for $108. Who says you can't have it all. Don't miss The Olde Pink House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing and the service was outstanding!! True southern hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the most memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014exquisite dining experience... the staff was plentiful and attentive... so helpful in recommending and explaining the food, beautiful historic building and the food was outstanding. No one should go to Savannah without experiencing the Olde Pink HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must do!ImbusytooDined on 8/27/2014This is a spot not to miss. The food is perfect..,southern,fresh,complex. The service is very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu as well as the history of the house. Try very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodbudisturbedDined on 8/27/2014Unfortunately, for our 54th Wedding Anniversary we were seated on the second floor right next to a door going outside to outdoor dining. Opening and shutting that door was noisy and the traffic in and out by waiters was so distracting! As usual, the food was excellent, but my wife and I agreed that eating was like being a hospital patient with nurses, etc., constantly in and out disturbing sleep. We were constantly bombarded by the waiter and others with, "How is the food???" For goodness sake, serve us the food and then leave us alone to eat without constantly having to answer questions!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daisy5656Dined on 8/27/2014Service and food were excellent and staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in SavannahViktorDined on 8/26/2014Best restaurant that I have eaten at during our USA trip. All dishes was amazing and well composed. But the major positive was our waiter who told us about the history of the building and Savannah in general. He presenter each dish and explained what made them typical for the region. This was hands down the best service I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- savannahsbestIluvtoeatDined on 8/26/2014The was a fantastic dining experience. Wait staff deserves six stars and food was wonderful. Celebrated my 60th and all made it special. Highly recommend...Special Features:
- Great romantic spotMrsJonesDined on 8/25/2014Awesome experience very romantic wine cellar table a bit pricey but everything was excellent definitely wil be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Visit in Savannah!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014What an amazing experience. The home and history are captivating, and the food is spectacular. But the service is top notch, and that pushed it right over the top. Our server was nice enough to give us a tour, and the bartender gave us some great additional history. We felt like regulars and it made our trip that much more memorable.Special Features:
- TomgDined on 8/25/2014Been to Savannah several times first time to the Old Pink House.....So romantic and I come to Savannah every year ant The Pink house will now be a must..... Thamk you for the lovely evening...Special Features:
- very goodsandyVIPDined on 8/25/2014service and food was terrific. everyone was very friendly! The breads are really good but they'll ruin enjoying the rest of your meal!Special Features:
- Beautiful dinnerMSKandMRBDined on 8/25/2014The moment you walk in you will feel welcome. The wait staff are fantastic and the meal was perfect. I highly recommend the shrimp and fried grit cakes as a starter. They were a treat of crunchy goodness and creamy sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWestCoastFolksDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed everything about the place. Food great, Service wonderful, They made us feel very special for a 40th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hype!LauraBDined on 8/25/2014First time at the restaurant..I would definitely go again! Had the green tomato appetizer which was so interesting and delicious! And for the entrée enjoyed the onion and sweet potato ravioli. Which had to be one of the most wonderful dishes I have ever had! The flavors were amazing! The service was excellent. If we return to Savannah.. would try and make the restaurant part of our visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVSfromVSDined on 8/25/2014Picked Olde Pink House for obvious reasons, but were disappointed. The place is truly beautiful. Wonderful ambience! But the service is serious overkill, SO overly attentive, the continued over-friendliness (which does not feel genuine) soon becomes overbearing and obnoxious! For the price in proportion to the quality of food, Olde Pink House tries to be something it's not. Possibly the worst meal we have ever had anywhere! Bread (blah), App: Fried Oysters (not fresh)taste like the frozen food aisle. Crab Soup: bland & pasty. Ravioli: lovely presentation, no developed flavor, sweet potato wrapped in dough, tasteless sauce. Pork Tenderloin: very small portion meat, very LARGE sweet potato, bitter collards. We chose to skip dessert.Special Features:
- CathybobVIPDined on 8/25/2014Brought relatives from out of town. They thoroughly enjoyed the meal. However, we were disappointed with the wine that was recommended by the server. We asked for the sweetest of the Rieslings and the one that the server told us was the sweetest of the 3 on the menu was NOT sweet. I was totally disappointed with this wine. I am dining at the restaurant this evening for an anniversary celebration and will be very careful when selecting another wine!!Special Features:
- WowwhydoineedanicknameVIPDined on 8/24/2014Top ten restaurants that I have ever been to. Out of thousandsSpecial Features: