The Olde Pink House Restaurant
23 Abercron St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Olde Pink House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/savannah-dining.htm
- Phone: 9122324286x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Saturday 11:00-2:30
Bar Menu: Tuesday – Saturday 2:30-5:00
Dinner: Monday – Sunday 5:00-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Vincent Burns
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Olde Pink House is available for your special occasions 365 days a year. We offer rooms for a table of two up to a party of four hundred reserving the entire mansion. With as many as ten private rooms, our event planner and executive chef work together to create a new and unique experience for every event.
- Private Party Contact: Bianca Raub x
- Entertainment: Live music nightly beginning at 7:30pm in our tavern bar
A word from The Olde Pink House Restaurant
Located in the heart of historic Savannah, Georgia, The Olde Pink House, Savannah's only 18th century mansion, is famous for memorable dining experiences featuring seafood caught daily in local waters, prime aged beef and traditional southern fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Olde Pink House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
The Olde Pink House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1139 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (882)romantic (773)fit for foodies (593)neighborhood gem (501)notable wine list (289)good for groups (265)hot spot (187)scenic view (148)vibrant bar scene (138)great for lunch (126)late-night find (66)great for brunch (60)kid-friendly (55)great for outdoor dining (39)Show More
- Nice foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014We arrived 10 minutes prior to the booking time and were required to wait by the door or outside until our table was ready, no problem but not a stylish way to begin an evening at what we had been told was the best restaurant in Savannah. Our table was ready 15 minutes after the booked time. We were not told there was a bar where we could have a pre-dinner drink. The server was knowledgable about the menu items, the food was good and tasty, I would have preferred my hot main course to have been served on a hot/warm, not cold, plate. All the staff were charming and attentive.Special Features:
- Historical Plus Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014This place is a MUST go to for tourists who want great somewhere with amazing history and food as well. The staff is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savannah visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Wonderful dining experience from beginng to end. This historic old home is charming, and elegant. We were greeted on the porch; and service remained friendly and prompt without being intrusive. Our server, Bridget, was knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. We would definitely eat here again on our next visit, and have recommended it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PennyDined on 10/27/2014I was expecting more of a "fine dining" experience. But it was fun, high energy -- and we had a fun wait person. Unfortunately, we kept choosing wines that were out of stock, but finally settled on one that they actually had in stock! The location was delightful. And the food was quite wonderful.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Everyone here is extremely nice and polite and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The food is fantastic, everything we had tasted sublime.Special Features:
- Very good but not greatLewisVIPDined on 10/27/2014The Pink House is a very large restaurant. The menu is sizeable and the kitchen gets the food out quickly. Our server was pleasant but not attentive but took care of a wine problem when she came back to the table. It is a very nice venue and they do a great job of handling large number of patrons. I would recommend requesting a smaller room. We were seated in the ballroom and the smaller rooms looked to be much more appealing. Better yet, ask to be seated on the side street near the bar or in the lower level barroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2014Our first visit to Savannah began with dinner at the Olde Pink House. All dining was downhill from that night. The food was incredible, we had dishes that we never had before, prepared creatively; our waitress was lovely, caring and helpful; and the building was beautiful. What a wonderful beginning to an outstanding vacation.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Chadwick was incredible, his knowledge of the history of The Old Pink House was amazing, every word he spoke screamed for more. Incredible young man Food was unbelievably good - nothing bad to say about anything - ambience and all staff we encountered were gracious and helpful, must be the southern charmSpecial Features:
- Very special gem of restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014Was a wonderful place to dine with our friends from Hilton Head......ate in the dining room which was awesome.....took tour of this beautiful gem of a house with the hostess and each room had it's special ambiance......would definitely go back and try eating outside.....service was super and catered to your every need!! Wonderful experience......missed this special place on our last visit 20 years ago.....to make it even more special, we were within walking distance from our hotel The Hampton Inn!! Would give it 5 stars!!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We had our anniversary dinner at the Olde Pink House and the experience was excellent, our server was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Location is in the historic district and in a well lit, safe area of the city, we were very comfortable leaving the car on the street and walking back and forth. We were seated immediately even though we were early for our reservation. Staff is well dressed and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- world travelerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My girl friend and I travel the globe in search of great dining experience in short I'll say the food is good the story behind the building is very interesting however I would say they can step up on the servers to be fine dining savvy. Over all it was a good lookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfuljawa375Dined on 10/26/2014This restaurant is so very charming. Romantic and has an "old style" feel which so many restaurants lack today. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We arrived for an 8:45pm reservation at 8:40pm and were finally seated at 9:10pm. Our waitress constantly stumbled over her words in an awkward attempt to maintain a formality that might be expected at a restaurant serving such a heftily priced menu. My filet mignon was properly cooked to order although it was rather dry and bland. The potato and asparagus were just as bland. The fried chicken was decent, the cheese plate was too. The macaroni and cheese was particularly the highlight. Overall, dropping $120 for a dinner that might be gotten better at a ruby Tuesday was discouraging for the expectations we had going in. Perhaps it was just an off night but I won't bother returning on my own accord.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dinner last Saturday. We had eight thirty reservations and only waited a short time to be seated. Our server was attentive and helpful. Our meal was very good. Loved the ambiance. Would certainly dine here again.Special Features:
- Returned to where we eloped.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014We were so impressed with the Olde Pink House in 2009 that we booked this reservation months in advance. Returning to the city where my wife and I eloped 5 years earlier, the Olde Pink House ranked high on our list of places to visit. The staff was friendly and professional. The wine, main course and dessert again exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014I went to The Olde Pink House with a group of friends for a girls weekend. We loved The Olde Pink House! The ambiance was wonderful and the food was delicious! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not Greatduke872Dined on 10/24/2014With our reservation we were seated promptly and the hosts were gracious. There is a singer who comes around from table to table; she is excellent. However, we were seated in a dining room with several big tables, and when the singer came around, these tables made it an extended set and joined in with her. The food is excellent, but dinner is more than just food. We were looking for a romantic Savannah evening, this was not. Our waitress was attentive but not prompt, may have had too many tables. It was so loud that she had difficulty hearing us as we did her. This is not a restaurant to go to if you want a quiet romantic dinner but it would be a fun party place. It's all about what you're looking for.Special Features:
- An experienceCarllDined on 10/24/2014The food was good to very good, the desserts disappointing, but the ambiance and overall experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014It was our 50th wedding anniversary and our waiter made our special day by taking very good care of us during our dinner. He offered recommendations for the wine and also with the dessert selection.Special Features:
- Okay but not fine diningBadhatDined on 10/23/2014Food is good but way too noisy especially in large dining room. I can't believe it was voted best fine dining in city last year. Bar is hoppin'Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014My husband and I had a fabulous dinner at The Olde Pink House. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was lovely. The evening was topped off with the amazing voice of the "singing lady". I do not remember her name, but she has a lovely voice as she goes around to each table welcoming the guests and singing requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BalloongirlVIPDined on 10/23/2014From the moment we entered, the staff was warm and welcoming. The service by Alex was excellent as was his knowledge of the building. He went out of his way to get us a taste of she crab soup. The fried green tomatoes were the best we had ever had and the peacan pie for dessert was the perfect ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Savannah RestaurantWallyBDined on 10/23/2014this is great restaurant with excellent food and service. Everyone is very attentive. We had the two specials of the night; venison and soft shell crab. Both of these were excellent; the soft shells were huge. I had to take one home. Salads were good. Dessert selection was all made in house. My only complaint would be the wine list prices are higher than I am used too and higher than necessary in my opinion. Wait staff were great as they explained history of the building and talked about the history of the individual room you are dining in. It is a definite place to dine while in Savannah. I recommend it. And to comment on some other reviews; we had a 6:30 reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceMikeDined on 10/22/2014Coming from NYC, we have a high expectation for service and we do not tolerate bad service at all. Our expectations were far exceeded. When my wife noticed a bit of cork in her wine glass, it was replaced and we received personal attention from the maitre d'. The food was excellent; some of the best we've ever had in any restaurant. Everybody was friendly, helpful, and attentive. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody coming to Savannah.Special Features:
- coloradicalDined on 10/22/2014We enjoyed a very romantic dinner experience at The Old Pink House just after my marriage proposal. We couldn't have chosen a better spot to celebrate. The service and the food exceded our expectations in every way. We will delightfully return as our travels bring us back to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Setting Excellent FoodHoosierLady1Dined on 10/22/2014I dined here with three lady friends during our stay in Savannah. We did not have to wait for a table, due to making a reservation. We were led to the elevator by our friendly hostess, and entered the beautifully appointed upper dining room. The restaurant was full, so the noise level was fairly loud. Our waiter was witty and helpful, and we all ordered the famous fried chicken dinner, which was delicious.Special Features:
- Great FindSpicyDined on 10/22/2014Stayed in Savannah only 3 nights, but this was, by far, the best meal we had. We actually spent more at the Chart House, but this one beat it hands down. In fact, it's one of the best dinners we've had anywhere and at a fairly reasonable price. Cost about $156 for 2, including tip and about $35-38 for wine, so, depending on your budget, you could get by for about $50-55 per person if you drop the wine. And, you could go lower than that if you went with cheaper entrees. But, who wants to? The flounder was absolutely out of sight (and this is a review by someone who goes fishing in Alaska every year and brings home about 200 pounds of fresh fish). This is one place that will be on my menu the next time we go to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!NiNiVIPDined on 10/21/2014My husband and I ate here on Oct. 21, 2014. It was a wonderful way to end our trip. I just loved everything about this restaurant. We stopped by the restaurant during the day and were able to pick out the table we wanted to eat at that evening. As soon as we arrived for our reservation we were seated immediately at the table previously picked. For appetizers, my husband and I shared the BLT salad. We also shared the scallops with spinach. For my main meal I had Grouper stuffed with Crab Meat and my husband had Pork Tenderloin. We shared Key Lime Pie for dessert. Everything we ordered was delicious. After dinner we went downstairs to the basement bar where there was a singer playing the piano. I loved the atmosphere at this bar.Special Features:
- a very mixed experiencedrbillVIPDined on 10/21/2014Arrived early for our reservation the restaurant was not ready. 20 minutes later I enquired and we were seated at a table in an awkward location. The restaurant was very busy. The hostess noted that we were not comfortable and moved us to a far more desirable table upstairs. The food we had was excellent even though the order was incorrectly delivered. The overall feeling was that the restaurant was disorganized and unprepared. They were out of two of their signature desserts, one of their signature drinks, and one of their menu items at 7:30 p.m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs and lowsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The ambience, food and service was outstanding. Unfortunately my experience was marred when I lost an expensive jacket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulRichardDined on 10/20/2014Our dinner at The Pink House was great from the start...seated promptly, wait service was superb, recommendations were perfect, ambiance was so nice. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- FJMFrankDined on 10/20/2014Service was a bit disappointing. Staff's responses were too scripted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!ChefRehDined on 10/20/2014Exceeded our expectations which is rare. Food and service both great, left feeling wow can't wIt to return and try other dishes.Special Features:
- Great Food ExperienceSuperd2Dined on 10/20/2014Very knowlegable wait staff, very good food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Dining On the Main Leveltravel4foodDined on 10/20/2014Arriving early we were seated immediately. The waiter and in fact, all the wait staff were friendly and highly efficient. All our many questions about food choice were answered thoroughly. Every item we tasted was delicious. We will go back when we return to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Attentive ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/20/2014The food is great, the service is friendly, attentive, and caring. The restaurant has a rich history in a city that is noted for historic people and venues. It is clear that The Olde Pink House takes pride in its heritage. Savannah offers many experiences like this, but this restaurant is at the top of the list.Special Features:
- Savannah LegendOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014While there are better restaurants for the food itself, this restaurant is still a must while visiting Savannah. Found the food to be hit or miss. Some items very good, others lacking. The place is always hopping and found the hostess to be a little rude. Greeter and waiter and bus boys were very friendly though. Great history in those rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- milliemillieDined on 10/19/2014The food and service was outstanding. It was extremely loud, as all restaurants seem to be, and difficult to hear the person across the table. Our experience was somewhat spoiled by the fact that there was a group of 130 people going in for dinner. We couldn't enter the restaurant because of this group and the lobby area was very congested and chaotic. Had we known that this was a restaurant that catered to groups this size, we would not have dined there.Special Features:
- Not all it is cracked up to beAMG22Dined on 10/19/2014I wanted to be wowed and I wasn't. Service was mediocre - we waited over 40 minutes for dessert and our check. The ravioli wasn't anything to write home about and the pecan pie was acceptable. I think there are much better restaurants in Savannah! There is a lot of hype around this restaurant, given its history, and there is a push to get people in and out with not much focus on the food or service quality.
- favrestDined on 10/19/2014we have for the last six years visited Savanagh and the Pink house was always our favorite restaurant until this last visit we were very displeased with the way were treated and will not return or recommend to our friends and familySpecial Features: