The Olde Pink House Restaurant
23 Abercorn St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Olde Pink House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/savannah-dining.htm
- Phone: (912) 232-4286
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Saturday 11:00-2:30
Bar Menu: Tuesday – Saturday 2:30-5:00
Dinner: Monday – Sunday 5:00-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Vincent Burns
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Olde Pink House is available for your special occasions 365 days a year. We offer rooms for a table of two up to a party of four hundred reserving the entire mansion. With as many as ten private rooms, our event planner and executive chef work together to create a new and unique experience for every event.
- Private Party Contact: Bianca Raub x
- Entertainment: Live music nightly beginning at 7:30pm in our tavern bar
A word from The Olde Pink House Restaurant
Located in the heart of historic Savannah, Georgia, The Olde Pink House, Savannah's only 18th century mansion, is famous for memorable dining experiences featuring seafood caught daily in local waters, prime aged beef and traditional southern fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Olde Pink House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
The Olde Pink House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1111 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (846)romantic (732)fit for foodies (598)neighborhood gem (467)notable wine list (276)good for groups (269)hot spot (181)vibrant bar scene (142)great for lunch (116)scenic view (107)late-night find (63)great for brunch (54)kid-friendly (39)great for outdoor dining (34)Show More
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2014very easy to get to. We were promptly greeted when we arrived and taken to our reserved table immediately on the second floor. The decor was charming and we were seated by one of the fireplaces. Our waitress, Meghan, was attentive, helpful and delightful. The shrimp and grits and the fried green tomato salad as starters were beyond compare and extremely tasty. The fried chicken and fish special of the day were lovely although the entree portions are quite large. Good wine list. Wonderful dinner and evening. In all, good value for money. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014The atmosphere of this beautiful restaurant saved an otherwise lackluster meal. If you are a hard core foodie, you might want to check your expectations at the door. That being said, the food was good (if served old, twice) the service excellent, and the ambient noise level was perfect....the low hum meant that other people's conversations were never intrusive, yet the place was lively and vibrant. I might return, but honestly, I would take the server's recommendations next time - they seem to have trouble with the execution and timing otherwise. I would have liked a server or sommelier who could have made a wine recommendation. The Oregon Rieisling we chose was oily and petroleum-like. They did comp us for two of the three cold dishes, but it kinked the evening, we would have preferred to pay for hot food, than get cold food free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Olde Pink House is a Savannah taste sensationmissvidaliaDined on 11/24/2014It never fails to deliverer a memorable meal and ask for one of the quieter small rooms upstairs if you want to make conversation. Wait staff are attentive and helpful. The menu choices are reliable and recommend the Crispy Scored Flounder as a top choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014We had an incredible experience at the olde pink house. Started with drinks at the restaurant bar on side of building then ate dinner then ended the night with music in the tavern (basement of house). It was so enjoyable. Service was excellent. Ambience perfect at all three places - two bars and restaurant. It's a must do when visiting savannahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The restaurant was everything I expected it to be. The service was excellent and the food was amazing! The ravioli and fried chicken were perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We always go to the Pink House while visiting Savannah- it is amazing! The staff are all welcoming and extremely friendly. Q, the madre dee is above and beyond. we always get the same thing- cheese tray- which is fantastic- the scored flounder, heavenly- and my husband has the shrimp and grits as an entree which they are happy to prepare even though it isn't on the menu as a dinner. I highly recommend the pink house- from the relaxed bar area for a casual atmosphere, to the beautiful dining area for a more dressed up dinner- you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Southern GoodnessOliviajDined on 11/23/2014We had a tasty meal at the Pink House! Fried green tomatoes and crab cakes, butter beans, cornbread, twice baked potatoes - all the classic Southern foods were really great. My husband has the snapper stuffed crab special, which he said was one of the best meals he's ever eaten. The restaurant was very busy and crowded, which took away a bit from the intimate romantic dinner I was expecting. The service felt rushed too. But all in all a great place to stop in when you're in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulEPNJDined on 11/23/2014From the first step into the beautiful building, we knew the experience would be one to remember. Our waiter was friendly, helpful, and extremely pleasAnt and efficient. The food was absolutely delicious.Can't say enough. Go if you are in Savannah and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staple and always greatRobertDined on 11/22/2014Best place in savannah...always great and food and service is top notch.Special Features:
- A magical evening.MelboDined on 11/22/2014The food was amazing. Try the southern sushi and the chef's fried chicken! House was magical with old flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a memorable occassionJimWDined on 11/22/2014This is a "must do" when visiting Savannah. It's a great place to have a good meal or to celebrate a special occasion. The food and service is outstanding. The restaurant has two bars that are well suited for those who arrive early and like to relax at the bar while waiting for their table. The menu is suitable for "foodies" as well as the tourist who just want to sample the local cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Olde Pink HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014What a wonderful experience; despite very high expectations the overall experience exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still amazingJtropicsVIPDined on 11/21/2014It's been a while since I was last here. Nothing has changed. Still outstanding food, service and wine. What a great romantic gem. Highly recommend. Make reservations for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatmelloDined on 11/21/2014Had some friends in from Pittsburgh. Had to bring them here. Food and service was spot on. As usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014We were visiting from out of town and were recommended to this restaurant. THIS is the reason you go on vacation. Everything was perfect; the food, the ambiance and the service. Definitely try it if you have the chance (it's not cheap).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be bettterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Greeting service a little over the top. Food was OK and presentation was very well done. Chicken dish was pretty good, but I don't know how you can dry out a Flounder, but it was very dry despite a wonderful sauce on top. Hopin John was acceptable, but the most boring one I have ever eaten and mostly compromised of rice. Staging of food and beverage was very poor. Did not get wine to drink with dinner until dinner was over. Similar things happened with other parts of the meal. Nicest staff you would ever want to meet, but food and staff training need a big improvement. You should expect a lot more when you pay this much.
- Might give it another tryzebraDined on 11/20/2014We were rather disappointed with the food at the Pink House. While the setting and service were very good, the food was just fair. Maybe we did not order the right things. Fried green tomatoes over corn sauce bland, crab cake with fried green tomatoes good but do I need to flip the tomato to get a scant amount of sauce onto the crab cake? My husband had fried chicken with collards and sweet potato with pecan sauce which was good, but way too sweet for me. I had duck, the skin was barely cooked fatty, not crispy and the duck tasted like it was cooked a few days before, I could not eat it. Also at $14 a glass of wine, a more generous pour would have been expected. The restaurant was packed so maybe we did not choose the best they have to offer, might go there again, but there are other places in Savannah we would go to.
- Great spot in downtown SavannahBruncherDined on 11/19/2014The building itself is gorgeous and huge. It's an old house so there are multiple dining rooms, and ours was beautiful. It has a very classic feel without being dated. We got a drink downstairs in the bar first, which was crowded but had a nice atmosphere. The food was delicious, and they accommodated our wish to share lots of dishes so we could try a lot. While it's pretty fancy, I've been to fancier restaurants. But the Olde Pink House is very welcoming and not at all snooty, so I would definitely return here on another trip to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodviclavigneDined on 11/18/2014Fabulous menu and superb service. My go-to restaurant when I want to celebrate a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperiencetigreyezVIPDined on 11/17/2014This is a dining must while in savannah. Waitstaff are incredibly accommodating and friendly. We sat by the fireplace and mngt went to great pains to get the fireplace turned on during that chilly night. Ambiance is old school southern charm with some original paintings and small intimate room settings. Cocktail list is quaint, and we ordered much of the menu from apps to dessert - nothing disappointed in the slightest. Definitely order the Mac n Cheese and cheese grits, salads very fresh, and the fish and the pork shank were superb, but do not leave without trying the signature pecan crust dessert. It is divine! If you get a table downstairs in the basement bar by the fireplace - do it! Totally romantic and a little more casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near perfectToniDined on 11/17/2014Hostess was not friendly at all and as the first contact U have with the establishment, this should be remedied - food and service were excellent as was the decor and history - only complaint, for the price of the cocktails, they seemed to have skimped on the liquor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table makes reservations so easy....DCriderDined on 11/17/2014We were ready for a leasurely dinner and Chadwick was so helpful with recommendations. Must try the oysters on half shell, very creative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedSavannahLoverDined on 11/16/2014Though the restaurant is in a beautiful historic mansion, the host staff are smiley and friendly and the candle lighting on the tables are welcoming, that's the best part of this restaurant. Our waitress seemed clumsy and unpolished. The food seemed under seasoned and desserts were not what I expected from a great southern restaurant. The cheese plate was spot on and I will give kudos for the accompanying honey comb. The wine list seems pricier than necessary, though the appetizers are reasonably priced. The salad with goat cheese wontons and pecans and bread were delicious, but that's the best I can offer. Not much of a return on my investment.Special Features:
- Amazing!!MAL1928VIPDined on 11/15/2014Best part of our stay in Savannah!! We went late night at around 10 and it was still packed! The bar downstairs was so neat, the atmosphere was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KelleyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We dined at the Olde Pink House last weekend, and everyone had amazing food. I didn't personally find the calamari to be the best, though the sauces it was served with were delicious. The only other complaint is that we had a 9:00 p.m. dinner reservation and we didn't get a table until 9:30 p.m. The hostess never gave our group a time frame, so we thought it would be a just a few minutes. Had we been told, we would have grabbed a drink at the bar. For food, we collectively had the fried chicken, the pork chop, the scallops & shrimp over fetticini, the trout, the duck, and the fried green tomato "salad." The duck and the trout got the best reviews. The salad was good but I would label it as an appetizer more than a salad. I would recommend it to friends, and I would go again if in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for touristsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Beautiful but overpriced with average food. They ignore open table requests so be aware or call directly.Special Features:
- A must see!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014Not to be missed, so many beautiful rooms inside. Great for any occasion. The basement bar was just my seen, go for a drink if it's not to crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Came to Savannah with my friend of 30 years, left husbands and grown children at home. We were told by friends that we had to go to the Ole Pink House. Everyone was right, the atmosphere was amazing, the food was so delicious and our waiter was very sweet and knowledgeable. This is a definite place stop when we come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dining experienceAmandaDined on 11/15/2014Went to Olde Pink House for my fiancé's birthday dinner and our first romantic dinner as an engaged couple. Our waiter Brett was amazing and really made us feel like we were very important. He was on the ball at all times and always checked in on us to make sure our experience was perfect. Would come back to the Olde Pink House in a heart beat. Can't wait for my next trip to Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hipgal1Dined on 11/15/2014The food was fabulous and the house loaded with atmosphere. Wonderful place to dine at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDannytronVIPDined on 11/14/2014I went with my girlfriend for our three year anniversary. We go there early and had a drink at the bar first, it was busy but it was a Friday night so I would expect that. We got seated like five minutes early and we sat near the fireplace so that was nice because it was chilly that night. Out food was fantastic we split the salad with the apples on it to start and she had the flounder and I had the steak and it was fantastic. Overall it was a wonderful experience and we cannot wait to return, although it wasn't our first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AnnaGreyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Had dinner at Olde Pink House for my husband's 75th birthday and it was perfect. Everyone in our party was pleased. Service was not rushed and elegantly served. Food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Olde Pink House did not disappoint!AMJ76Dined on 11/14/2014Delicious food, wonderful service, and a beautiful restaurant. A definite must if your in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rpatrickyeattsDined on 11/14/2014The Pink House is a typical tourist restaurant that capitalizes on it location in a charming city. We asked to be seated in a downstairs dining room since we were told that the upstairs dining rooms were loud by the personnel at the B&B were we were staying. They were kind enough to try to honor this request if were willing to wait. We were lead to the bar. Although tables at the bar were available, we were told we were not able to sit at them. When my wife stated we had reservations, the waiter changed his mind and said "they did not know what they were doing". During diner, our conversation was interrupted not less than a dozen times by at least 4 different individuals asking if all was OK. The food was mediocre. The she-crab soup had no crab or flavor. The flounder was good The dessert was stale (chocolate cake) and/or dried out. Would not recommend this restaurant.
- Fabulous evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014The ambiance of this gem is amazing! Upon walking up the steps to this house you are greeted with enthusiasm, and it doesn't stop there. Everyone is attentive and friendly and very eager to give you the history of this lovely home...ghost tales included. The food was amazing. This place is a must for every visit to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service and delicious foodRJJ2014Dined on 11/14/2014This was our second visit and could not have been more satisfied. The service was exceptional. We arrived early and were immediately sat at a perfect table next to the fireplace in 2nd floor. Had a special dish that night; veal chop on dreamy mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots and parsnips. One of the best dishes we've ever had - should make it a regular. It was also presented beautifully.Special Features:
- amazing meal, amazing houseTheMaudDibDined on 11/14/2014Absolutely loved the pink house. It will definitely be a regular on my trips to savannah. Not much needs to be said about the food other than its perfect, and you wont be disappointed. The ONLY downside is you will probably be next to a table talking about hedge funds, and designer bags.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuintessentialBerkeleyVIPDined on 11/14/2014A must lunch stop while in savannah. Don't be in a hurry. Though the service is very good, you want to soak in the surroundings and enjoy the competent staff welcoming you in southern style. The food is very good and well presented ...some great southern dishes! I like the crab cake between two fried green tomatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LSBHDined on 11/14/2014On our last day in town we stopped by for a quick lunch and it ended our vacation on a high note. Our waitress took the time to explain the history of the house and make lunch that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not DisappointBridgeplayingfoodieDined on 11/13/2014We were afraid that we might think The Pink House too much of a tourist trap. While it is full of visitors to Savannah, we were delighted by our dinner. You can't believe how good the service is given the huge size of the restaurant. The food is very good Southern cuisine. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.