The Olde Pink House Restaurant
23 Abercron St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Olde Pink House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/savannah-dining.htm
- Phone: 9122324286x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Saturday 11:00-2:30
Bar Menu: Tuesday – Saturday 2:30-5:00
Dinner: Monday – Sunday 5:00-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Vincent Burns
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Olde Pink House is available for your special occasions 365 days a year. We offer rooms for a table of two up to a party of four hundred reserving the entire mansion. With as many as ten private rooms, our event planner and executive chef work together to create a new and unique experience for every event.
- Private Party Contact: Bianca Raub x
- Entertainment: Live music nightly beginning at 7:30pm in our tavern bar
A word from The Olde Pink House Restaurant
Located in the heart of historic Savannah, Georgia, The Olde Pink House, Savannah's only 18th century mansion, is famous for memorable dining experiences featuring seafood caught daily in local waters, prime aged beef and traditional southern fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Olde Pink House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
The Olde Pink House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1078 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (850)romantic (766)fit for foodies (523)neighborhood gem (476)notable wine list (267)good for groups (236)scenic view (168)hot spot (163)great for lunch (130)vibrant bar scene (104)late-night find (69)great for brunch (63)kid-friendly (62)great for outdoor dining (34)Show More
- Highly recommend for food and servfinconcoDined on 9/16/2014We had late reservations and arrived early. Were warmly greeted and able to obtain a lovely table and invited to tour the residence. Food was fabulous, beautifully plated and abundant, and service was superb. Will return many times and bring friends. A++ Amy was our server and she was delightful.Special Features:
- WonderfulFrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Don't miss this gem and make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food and HistoryDining42Dined on 9/15/2014We had dinner here on our last night in Savannah. After trying several of the cities finest restaurants, this one was our favorite. One of the party requires a gluten free diet. The Olde Pink House offered the best options of any, including a praline basket dessert that was wonderful and worked for the gluten free need. The restaurant has 16 dining areas plus a downstairs level that offers music but each room is fairly small and intimate so you'd never know just how big it is. The waitstaff took the time to explain the history of the building to anyone interested in knowing more and they invited you to wander through to see all the interesting features at your leisure after your meal.Special Features:
- impressive!hapyexplorersDined on 9/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner and a great nite here. Beautiful historic surroundings and excellent service. The bar downstairs was a fun spot to finish our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014The Olde Pink House Restaurant is perfect for that memorable special occasion dinner. The historic setting is charming, the service is outstanding, and the food is flavorful and exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Everyone said you have to go the Olde Pink House in Savannah. They were right. The food, the service, the atmosphere were incredible. The staff encourages you to check out the 11 dining rooms. It was just beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Heard so many good reviews about this restaurant and was really looking forward to eating here. Disappointing experience. Ordered the duck which was very dry, no amount of BBQ sauce could moisten it. Service was a little too attentive. I can say I've been there but would definitely not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food and Service were exceptional. Next time would ask for a smaller room. It was quite loud in the large dining room. Would prefer something more quiet and intimate.Special Features:
- Savannah GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014I cannot say enough about this restaurant. The staff, ambiance and food were outstanding. It is my new favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Scored flounder which I usually order is amazing but fried lobster was disappointing. Our Server was very nice and very helpful with wine and dinner selections, however, the service was too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!WinesnobDined on 9/14/2014We travel to Savannah at least once a year, and we always eat at The Olde Pink House while we're there. It has great food, great staff, and a great story behind it. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Worth trying if visiting Savannah. The old house is beautiful inside, the wait staff are friendly and attentive, and the food is delicious. Well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I loved the pink house. It was recommended by a friend . The food was excellent ! My husband thought it was the best steak he had ever had. Anjail was our waitress she was awesome. The prices were that of a nice restaurant but very well worth it . We paid more at a local chain crab shack and the food was horrible . The atmosphere was beautiful ! If we are ever in Savannah again we will definitely eat here and will recommend to our friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAbigfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the Pink House great history staff and food. I plan on returning there again soon!! Thank you do much for such a memorable experience!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!JLegDined on 9/13/2014This is a true "fancy" dining experience in a historical home without the pretentious feel that we have had at similar restaurants. Jarvis greeted us an gave an overview of the home's history as he guided us thru the beautiful maze of hallways to the tavern below while we waited for our table. It was lovely with live music and a vibrant bar scene. When our table was ready, we were guided again to an absolutely wonderful table right by a window. It was a perfect choice, as I had asked for a private table for our anniversary celebration. Our waitress Maria, was a perfect example of superior service. She was energetic, professional and knowledgeable. The food was very good, especially the mac and cheese fritters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly disappointinglildevilDined on 9/13/2014I was visiting Savannah from FL to celebrate my birthday w/ 2 of my friends. Our reservation started off with a call back from the restaurant asking us if we would like to change our reservation of 8:15 pm, as they had overbooked. We arrived at the restaurant slightly before our reservation & we were seated 30 minutes later. Unfortunately, one of my friends meal was ruined because the kitchen does not know how to cook a steak with a "Medium" temperature. The first filet she received was rare, fatty & lackluster in taste. The 2nd filet, which was cooked by the head chef, again arrived rare. My friend decided not to pursue eating an entree, as we had long finished our meal. I could not in good conscious recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!StephandStretchVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was fantastic; as was the service and ambiance. We dined in the master bedroom by candlelight. Make a reservation! It was super busy on the weekend. Also read about the history of the house while you wait on your food. You're free to tour the house before you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The service and experience at the Pink House were better than expected. My new wife and I were on our honeymoon and we had a very romantic and enjoyable experience with everything at the Pink House. We were seated in the basement bar in front of the fireplace and it was perfect for our first dinner out as newlyweds. We will definitely be back to visit this fine restaurant and we will be telling everyone that they need to visit the Pink House anytime they visit Savannah.Special Features:
- Upstairs DownstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Upon checking in for our reservation that was made far in advance, we were ushered to the downstairs bar and seated at a small (27in X 27in) table next to the bar. This was far different than the formal, linen covered table that we were expecting and that is prominently shown on the website. The bar was not a disappointment in itself, but just not what we were expecting. The bar was a neat find because it was very old and rustic and primarily lighted by candle; we almost expected some "redcoats" to come walking in. The food was great and so was the service. However, had this been a special occasion like an anniversary or the dinner where you propose to your fiancée, the unexpected change in ambiance could have been a problem.Special Features:
- True Savannah Dining ExperienceSavannahFoodieDined on 9/13/2014The Pink House is the perfect place to experience dining in a historic home that offers a traditional Savannah atmosphere. The menu offers a variety of up to date options. The food was well prepared and the service was wonderful. Great place for a couples night out, tourist experience, special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch!bigmomma8Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit to this beautiful, old house. We drive up from Orlando almost monthly during the school year, and while dinner reservations are harder to get, lunch is readily available. We had a fabulous server, who gave us terrific descriptions of the unique dishes. The nachos were excellent, the signature Pink Lady cocktail was deliciously refreshing, and each one of us had a different, wonderful entree. Touring the house before leaving is encouraged, and our greeter turned out to be a very informative tour guide. His love of the house and its history is clearly evident as he showed off the place. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHughesDined on 9/13/2014Superb dining experience! I loved the place and so did my friend, the decor was beautiful and the food delicious...service was excellent Melody took good care of us. Definitely return if we go to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSujuDined on 9/12/2014Food and service amazing. Excellent menu with great food. Good size portions. Wonderful atmosphere and service. It was a little pricey, but the exceptional service was worth the extra money. Would recommend as a must during a trip to savannah. Will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itlowboilDined on 9/12/2014My wife absolutely loved it. The building is very interesting and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014A great dinner and one busy place on a Friday nightSpecial Features:
- Southern charm with amazing foodSKT2Dined on 9/12/2014One of the best restaurants in the southeast! Options for appetizers and entrees are wide ranging. We started out with the cheese board with fruit and honey comb. Delicious - and, by the way, save one of those hot southern biscuits so you can lather it with that local honey! I must admit that I had viewed the menu before my wife and I had dined and I thought I had decided on an entree selection - that was until I heard the nightly specials. I ended up selecting the jambalaya with soft shell crab and it was incredible. My wife settled on good ole southern comfort food of fried pork chop, Mac & cheese and collards. By the time we finished we were too full for dessert - my only disappointment. Perhaps when I'm back I'll save more room. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsBozOzlerDined on 9/12/2014Been here multiple times. First time we sat in the basement, however. Very intimate and historic feel. Mac and cheese bites for app was excellent. My filet-cut ribeye was fantastic. My wife was psyched to retry her BLT salad and lived up to the billing. We love going here when we're in Savannah. If I had a complaint, it would be my wish that the sides were a little more plentiful. They skimped big time on my greens and Yukon potatoes. Love this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkrtokcVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very tasty food and great decor. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- nannielammDined on 9/12/2014Loved the atmosphere. Service was great and the food was above our expectations. The dessert was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely end to our Savannah visit!diningathomeisbestDined on 9/11/2014This was a lovely and delightful way to end our week visit to Savannah! Romantic, but comfortable! All (including those with children and babies) were welcomed with open arms. From taking a photo of us on the steps to recommending desserts, the staff were friendly, kind, and generous. The house was a beautiful venue for a special evening out. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- Not worth the $Dina143Dined on 9/10/2014Arrived for 8p.m. reservation and was seated within 10 minutes.Ambiance was good. Server offered drinks, was very enthusiastic about their wine menu. We ordered a Pink Lady (didn't wow me) and a glass of Chardonnay/Chablis. Husband ordered Calamari but they were out of it. Went with a shrimp cocktail instead. For me: crab cakes and fried green tomatoes. Both were very good. Entrees were the Crispy Fried Lobster Tails and Crab stuffed Grouper. I asked to sub mixed beans for butter beans and my husband subbed butter beans with green beans. Both of us received the butter beans. We were told 3 times by our server that he was getting us bread, 1 of the House favorites. Appetizers were comped for lack of service.Special Features:
- A great dining experience.remus596Dined on 9/10/2014We've visited the Pink House multiple times over the years--it has never failed to meet our expectations. On this visit, our waitress was attentive and quickly executed our wishes. The food was well prepared, attractively presented, and delivered hot--another pleasant night of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!GonzoDined on 9/10/2014Food and service was excellent. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You had exceeded all expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Wonderful food, amazing service, beautiful historic house. Wonderful server, Kurt, very gracious and pleasant.Special Features:
- Amazingly wonderful! A true gem!!!CjarmyDined on 9/9/2014We had such a wonderful experience, both the food and service is top notch. Thumbs way up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a Must when visiting SavannahDesireeDined on 9/9/2014The Olde Pink House is a tradition when visiting Savannah. It is a beautiful historic home built in 1771. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the service was impeccable. It is very noisy however in the upstairs dining hall. If you're looking to have an intimate dinner, you may want to specifically ask to be seated in one of the more quiet dining rooms. I had the crispy scored flounder which has been on the menu for over 20 years. The fish is presented beautifully and it was delicious. You won't be disappointed in the menu. All of the dinners that we're coming out of the kitchen looked delicious. Desserts looked fabulous as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday CelebrationsjpuckDined on 9/9/2014There is no better food, hospitality, and service in the Savannah area. Our server was Lindsay. She was very attentive and made sure our every need was met. Matt was also assisting and attending to our service. He was very friendly and checked on us often. My wife had Fried Green Tomatoes & Sweet Bacon salad. I had the Sautéed Shrimp w/country ham gravy. The entrees selected were Bourbon Molasses Grilled Pork Tenderloin with sweet potato/pecan vanilla butter and collards greens and Pan-seared Salmon served/Horseradish Mashed Potatoes, topped with cucumber Dill Salad w/Crème Fraiche. The entire meal was divine and fit for a king. It was delicious and took our breath! The night was topped Sidra singing soulful Happy Birthday.Special Features:
- Very niceklbp7609Dined on 9/8/2014Great service and food, no complaints, would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Savannah Gem!KatswirlzDined on 9/8/2014Loved the Old Pink House. A lovely menu, atmosphere, great service & an amazing meal. Was really surprised to find a cozy bar with live piano playing in the basement, after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with parentsMexiRican10Dined on 9/8/2014I brought my parents here as they had heard about the Olde Pink House all the way up in Chicago. They were not disappointed one bit. The staff was very professional, polite, and friendly. The food was delicious as usual, and the ambiance made for a great evening. My parents could not get over how friendly the staff was, from the folks at the entrance opening the door for us, to the hostess, waiter, and maitre d'. Great job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.