The Olde Pink House Restaurant
23 Abercron St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Olde Pink House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/savannah-dining.htm
- Phone: 9122324286x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Saturday 11:00-2:30
Bar Menu: Tuesday – Saturday 2:30-5:00
Dinner: Monday – Sunday 5:00-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Vincent Burns
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Olde Pink House is available for your special occasions 365 days a year. We offer rooms for a table of two up to a party of four hundred reserving the entire mansion. With as many as ten private rooms, our event planner and executive chef work together to create a new and unique experience for every event.
- Private Party Contact: Bianca Raub x
- Entertainment: Live music nightly beginning at 7:30pm in our tavern bar
A word from The Olde Pink House Restaurant
Located in the heart of historic Savannah, Georgia, The Olde Pink House, Savannah's only 18th century mansion, is famous for memorable dining experiences featuring seafood caught daily in local waters, prime aged beef and traditional southern fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Olde Pink House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
The Olde Pink House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1127 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (881)romantic (771)fit for foodies (575)neighborhood gem (502)notable wine list (279)good for groups (255)hot spot (173)scenic view (154)great for lunch (127)vibrant bar scene (127)late-night find (64)great for brunch (61)kid-friendly (61)great for outdoor dining (36)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it was recommended to us!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were referred to the Olde Pink House and it definitely lived up to its recommendation! Everything was superb! The food was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful! My husband and I split the entrée and appetizer and it was served to us already split up on two plates! I had commented that it was my 50th birthday when I made the reservation, it was relayed to our server and I was surprised with a beautiful birthday dessert. Aimee was our server and she was outstanding in every way. We will definitely recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatsjr13Dined on 10/18/2014We were in from the Boston area, and this place came recommended. Good thing we made a reservation far in advance! The place was packed. We had a drink at the back bar, which was nice, but watered down. Be sure to check out the downstairs bar too - the place is very cool. My husband had the fried pork chop for dinner, which was excellent, but VERY large! He also had the fried green tomato appetizer, which was solid, but not the best we've had. I started with the gazpacho, which was fresh, but spicy. I ordered the salmon - cooked perfectly, and the horseradish potatoes were delish. The salmon was very good, but not much different than salmon at any other place. Our waitress was nice, but must have been a theater major - very animated!Special Features:
- Ladies Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The Olde Pink House is a Savannah must see! The restaurant itself is unique and beautiful! The service was amazing including the hostess who greeting us at the entrance, our server, and other servers who stopped to ask if we needed anything. The food was very good but expensive and typical of fine dining portions. I recommend the signature "Pink Lady" cocktail which was amazing. The corn muffins, fried green tomatoes, and BLT salad were fabulous. The jumbo sea scallops were very good but included only three scallops. The macaroni and cheese was very tasty and the server was very flexible with substituting sides. Overall I recommend the Old Pink House for the good food but more so for the experience and the outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must for visitors to SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Our sone who lives in Atlanta had recommended. Glad we followed his advise. My wife filled up on an appetizer and two sides and I and crispy duck which was to die for.Special Features:
- Best meal of our tripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service was outstanding. Highly recommend that you make time to dine there while in savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Expensive!! Much more than competition. So can only take advantage of on very special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time, wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were there for a late lunch and the restaurant allowed us to order from the dinner menu. All meals were well prepared and tasty. Our server was young (and pretty new) but under the watchful eye of the Head Waiter; he was personable and did a good job for us and well hid his nervousness quite well. We had a great wine for a very reasonable price. The clientele was mostly tourists but several there were plenty of locals too. Atmosphere is casual even though the tables are set somewhat formally. Didn't avail ourselves but a great Bar at street level and separate Tavern in the basement.Special Features:
- Fabulous lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Impeccable service, from the greeting by Marqual and the hosting staff, to our knowledgeable and personable server Cheyenne, my out-of-town guest was delighted. Our food was delicious, and the setting is elegant and serene. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceDiningdivaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Outstanding food and service. Best tables are upstairs where you can get a picturesque view of the city. Extremely crowded. Reservations a must.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent food and service. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Savannah.Special Features:
- KathVIPDined on 10/16/2014Excellent from beginning to end. Make reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treasure of SavannahRobertVIPDined on 10/16/2014With it's rich history, excellent location, and fine southern food, The Olde Pink House is a great place for tourists and locals alike.Special Features:
- Walk into history!EvieDined on 10/15/2014To be able to have a fantastic and divine dinner at this historic house was incredible! The food was amazing too! Had the fried green tomatoes to start followed by pecan crusted chicken breast in berry sauce which was to die for! The service was great as well and they went over and beyond to make me feel welcome. My dinner ended with a private tour of the entire house which was an incredible experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must see (and taste)!Misspicky2014Dined on 10/15/2014This place is so fabulous. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. Southern hospitality at its finest. They really try so hard to take care of you and ensure that you have a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, I wasn't hungry enough to eat there, so I didn't get to try all the delicious sounding apps. The salad I had was yummy; although could've had a few more strawberries in it considering it was called a strawberry salad. The entrees were perfect and the favors all melded together perfectly. Also, be sure to go into the basement bar / "speakeasy". The ambiance alone is worth it!Special Features:
- Make reservations1sttimesavannahDined on 10/15/2014We made reservations weeks in advance on a recommendation for our anniversary dinner. It was a Wednesday evening and the place was PACKED. We were treated very well, the service and the atmosphere were outstanding. The food was above average, not great though. Prices were as expected for the menu and reputation of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeReviewVIPDined on 10/15/2014Excellent service...enjoyable dining experience. Tour the house, it is beautiful.Special Features:
- Less value than expectedRobertDined on 10/15/2014Oyster appetizer had shell fragments, crispy flounder very dry presentation and hoppin john rice dish just ok. You pay a lot for the building's history and location but you don't get so much food value here.Special Features:
- Historic GemAmyCDined on 10/15/2014This gorgeous Victorian home boasts great service, creative and traditional flavors, impeccable and friendly service in a beautifully appointed restored mansion. The signature dessert of praline cup with vanilla ice cream, mango puree and fresh berries is a must have. The arugula salad with goat cheese and pecans was delicious, and the fish special was fantastic. I remembered this restaurant from a trip 10 years ago and had to go back when I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falls short of all the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014After being seated 35 minutes past our reservation time, we were not overly impressed with our whole dining experience. The food was ok, but the room we were in was extremely noisy, due to a very loud party in an adjoining room. Adding to that, there is absolutely no air circulating in this particular ,room which made it uncomfortably warm.Special Features:
- Great!BethkeyrnDined on 10/14/2014We loved the Olde Pink House...would return again for a special occasion while in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found this to be...Foodie1VIPDined on 10/14/2014our favorite restaurant on a recent visit to Savannah. The house is historic, the setting romantic and the staff are friendly, attentive and clearly indicate "...our house is your house" as they invite you to tour the house. The cornbread and biscuits were absolutely delicious, the whole flounder flash fried was heavenly and the diver scallops delectable. Cornmeal crusted oysters and a kale salad were as good as they get. The only negative is the place can get noisy and a roving singer got somewhat boisterous with a group in an adjacent room. It became our #1 dining experience in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living historyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Enjoyed being able to wander around the restaurant and see all the history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Historic RestaurantTempleDined on 10/13/2014This is a gem in Savannah - it was recommended to us by a local at the Savannah History Museum and if locals go there and rave about it it is perfect for visitors to Savannah to dine with confidence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic eaterybdayboyDined on 10/13/2014The Olde Pink House is a Savannah fixture and is well worth checking out. One thing you might not know is to ask for a tour of the restaurant. They are happy to oblige and it really is a very interesting building. It even has a couple of inventions of Thomas Jefferson. The food is southern comfort food so bring an appetite and don't expect to lose any weight eating here. My wife had a dish you would never think of ordering in a fancy restaurant - Southern Fried Chicken. It was very good. I had some falling-off-the-bone pork shoulder. Everything was very good and the wait staff is amazing. They really know the food and can make good suggestions. They are also attentive and cordial. Check out the bar if it has a seat.Special Features:
- Nice eveningGerardDined on 10/13/2014Great food in a great setting. Our meal was very enjoyable with several good southern selections. My single malt scotch was a small portion and highly priced for a 12 year old scotch. Service could have improved as I had to ask for water refills and there was a wait at the end of dinner for the check. Regardless, the quality of the food made up for the slight lack of service. The restaurant staff was very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Historic ambiance, great staffLovestotravelDined on 10/13/2014Loved the historic building and the way in which its character is maintained. Very well trained, friendly, professional staff. Enjoyed the food, especially the collard greens and butter beans. Also good- the filet, shrimp & grits, and the basket of corn bread & biscuits.Special Features:
- great food!savKDDined on 10/13/2014We have lived in Savannah for a year and just now tried the Olde Pink House and it was great! The food and service was awesome, but the best part is the tavern bar in the basement. Such a cool speakeasy vibe we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, beautiful settingLC14Dined on 10/12/2014Wonderful food and service. This restaurant is great for a special occasion. We went for our honeymoon and had one of the best meals of our lives. Save room for dessert, the chocolate torte is amazing. The she crab soup was underwhelming, light on crab and tasted like condensed soup. But everything else was spectacular. It's worth the effort to dress up for this restaurant as the food and atmosphere make it a very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victorian charmerGailDined on 10/12/2014This pink gem totally lived up to its reputation. We are in the ballroom which was beautiful. Our waiter, Alex, was helpful and friendly. The shrimp and grits were delicious as was the rest of our meal. In our case Pink was Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!TeachVIPDined on 10/12/2014Love the beautiful old house! Love Love the food. Highlights included: fried chicken, corn muffins in the bread basket, green tomato and bacon salad, and the fried artichoke appetizer.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014This was one of the best dinner experiences ever. The food was fantastic, the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed.luv2tryrestaurantsDined on 10/12/2014The food presentation was less than expected for fine dining although the food taste was above average. We did not care for the corn muffins or biscuits served prior to the meal but enjoyed the chocolate pecan pie. Atmosphere was great; as requested we enjoyed a quiet table for two.Special Features:
- Special occasionReginarosyDined on 10/11/2014The food was outstanding but if you eat late they run out of certain dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes and Collards was one of the best meals I have ever had. My wife had the stuffed Grouper with mashed potatoes and it was excellent too! The wait staff is excellent and very well trained! All in all this is the one place you have to eat at when you go to Savannah, Ga. Pricing of food was very reasonable.Special Features:
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Nice atmosphere. Good food. Great wait staff. Traveling table singer was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencesunnyx2Dined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit. Although my husband had his palate set for crispy flounder with apricot sauce - they were out! We did have a wonderful filet - a melt in your mouth experience. It was very busy but the service was exceptional and many managers checked with us throughout the evening to make sure we were satisfied. As usual it was the high point of our Savannah trip. Wait staff and all were very informative about the history of the house and we were encouraged to look around before departing. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DinewithNinaDined on 10/11/2014Food, service, and surroundings were outstanding. Only little drawback was the noise level, we were seated next to a large group who were having a very good time ;).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Was an outstanding night at this restaurant. Food and service was outstanding. Was there for a 10th anniversary celebration- the restaurant "went overboard" in making the night a special night. For desert- they presented a "special anniversary" plate. Our dinners-salmon and pork tenderloin was absolute fabulous. Ambiance was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaymayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My girlfriends and I enjoyed a lovely dinner! I highly recommend The Olde Pink House for a ladies night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.