The Old Spaghetti Factory - Toronto
54 The Explanade,
Toronto, ON M5E 1A6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Old Spaghetti Factory - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldspaghettifactory.net/
- Phone: 4168649761
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 11:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Old Spaghetti Factory - Toronto
Originally a Blacksmith Shop, built in 1898, this huge old warehouse was converted into a 600 seat restaurant in 1971. Filled with a fabulous collection of antiques and truly unique artifacts and is now known as the famous Old Spaghetti Factory. This unique restaurant is complete with high ceilings, skylights, antique elevator, streetcar, numerous interesting nooks and crannies, original stained glass windows from Europe, gas lamps, a 100 year old carousel and countless other intriguing antiques and artifacts (Ever dined in a streetcar or a king size bed?) And if this is not enough, add great food, affordable prices and fast and friendly service and you've got a truly entertaining and enjoyable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Old Spaghetti Factory - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (5)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Food not goodlizzygirl1234VIPDined on 8/29/2014I don't know why this place is busy except for the fact that it caters to kids. Kids loved their chicken tenders but the adults could not even finish their pasta and chicken dishes as they were not good at all. Won't go back.Special Features:
- BeffyGDined on 8/2/2014Great Family restaurant and reasonably priced! Went beforre the 1D concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!kmkkDined on 8/1/2014Our group of 12 loved the food and the restaurant!Special Features:
- Great service!NoodlesDined on 6/14/2014Great service! Convenient to reserve online! Great for dinning as a couple or with kids. I will go back again. Thanks a lot!Special Features:
- JimbobDined on 5/18/2014The Olde Spaghetti Factory has been a favourite since I was young. We were there for my daughters 16th birthday this weekend and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the The Old Spaghetti Factory - Toronto reviews archive.
- Mother's Day BrunchTabulaRasaDined on 5/11/2014My siblings and I took our mum here for mother's day this year. It was enjoyable except for the constant interruptions from multiple other tables' children running around and climbing over the booths. Good family restaurant, just not recommended if you want a night out with your sweetheart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, Delicious, and Ample LunchEskayDined on 4/8/2014Thank you Doreen for taking SUCH great care of our disorganized lunch group of 12 people. You were amazing. The food was delicious and there was lots of it. The service was spectacular. The homemade meatballs were incredible. We'll see you again soon!Special Features:
- Bad client service!AlexVIPDined on 2/15/2014One of the servers knocked down my jacket from my chair, however, the manager thought that it was not a big deal and being so rude to us.......bad client service that I did not expect!Special Features:
- More of a tourist placeSteakEaterDined on 2/15/2014We haven't been to OSF in quite a few years and decided to drop by again for a quick lunch. We always liked how interesting it looks inside, not your typical restaurant decor. Standard entree size was small (we didnt opt to upgrade), taste was fair (We make a better lasagna/pasta but taste is subjective). What we found lacking is service. The waiter had too many tables and was never around. Forgot to bring us cheese when he asked if we wanted it after bringing our entrees. A quick lunch turned into a 2 hour session. We paid the bill and he just took the machine back and kept talking to the other table ignoring us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for kids!EllenPVIPDined on 1/11/2014There are so many things to look at on the walls and around you that keep the kids entertained. The service is good and the food is not amazing, but good. It's worth the trip if you have kids under 12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to take the family!mitchDined on 12/27/2013We recently met our family there for lunch for Christmas. Everyone loved the place. Great service and food! I have never been dissapointed when I have been here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calgary visitorsCherDined on 11/24/2013The restaurant was perfect for our relatives from Calgary we arrived downtown quickly vis highway, got parked easily easy to find ,the atmosphere was fun , food was good , best part the price included a salad or soup the meal ice cream coffee or tea ..Special Features:
- OSFCHDinnerDined on 11/3/2013It is a fun place with happy people. Food is simple and easy! Great place for a simple lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food amongst antiquitiesThierryDined on 7/31/2013Seated in an old streetcar, I enjoyed the bizarre atmosphere. Manicotti was tasty whereas fire grilled Italian sausage was more ordinary. But spaghetti were al d'ente! Our waitress was delightful, very friendly and efficient. Not a gastronomic restaurant but a warm place to share good and simple food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingdjbuddhaDined on 7/6/2013Food = Amazing Service = Stellar Atmosphere = Fun Portions are great, prices are surprisingly reasonable. I'll be back for sure ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NostalgicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2013No the food at the Old Spaghetti Factory isn't good. It's extremely basic. But it's not awful or inedible, despite what foodie snobs seem to say. Frankly it doesn't seem to have changed since the last time I was there some 20 years ago. Great service an enjoyable evening.
- Great spaghetti! Good, hearty,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Great spaghetti! Good, hearty, home-cooked meals and solid selection of beers on tap!Special Features:
- Great place to stop for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great place to stop for lunch before a Blue Jay game. We brought our children here when they were small and now we are bringing our grandchildren. Great old and new memories!!!Special Features:
- Great service. Uniquely pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great service. Uniquely pleasant decor. Amazing experience.Special Features:
- Horrible bandSolutionsGroupVIPDined on 11/29/2012We came in at 930p and apparently it seemed like amateur night at the karaoke club here at the Spaghetti Factory. The music was painfully uncharacteristic to the ambiance that we grew up in. This place is for families but if wanting to get the evening crowd by this band, the results would not align with the goal. Get a lounge band instead of this grunge music that is quite inappropriate for the crowd at the Esplanade. Even C'est What? around the corner doesn't have this type of music. Though I come here for the spaghetti, I would know not to come in when the band arrives. Call ahead to make sure you are able to hear yourself.
- Excellent and fast service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/4/2012Excellent and fast service. Food good value for the price.Special Features:
- Best Spaghetti Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2012You can't go wrong with The Old Spaghetti Factory!!!! They have the best Italian food anywhere on The Esplanade, the service is awesome, and this time, the ambiance was awesome! Very energetic and fun!!!! There is also a lot of hype about The Old Spaghetti Factory, and it is worth all the hype!!!!!!!!!! I have been going to The Old Spaghetti Factory ever since I was in the 2nd grade. I am now in grade 8 and I am 13, and the food quality has not changed ever since I fist went to The Old Spaghetti Factory.Special Features:
- What an amazing server weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012What an amazing server we had, Josh (JP). We had taken our daughter for her 16th birthday, he made her feel so special. The staff was so freindly from the minute we walked in the door to minute we walked out. The food was not bad, the surrounding & staff made it better. Pricing, reasonable, we did not leave hungry. Would we go back, yah, I think so.Special Features:
- Best Italian on The EsplanadeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/12/2012The Old Spaghetti has the best Italian food anywhere on The Esplanade, period.Special Features:
- Best Spaghetti I have ever tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2012The Old Spaghetti Factory has the most delicious Spaghetti I have ever tasted, period.Special Features:
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Food was good, the patio was large but what really impressed me was the ambiance in inside. Very different and fun place to grab some pasta!Special Features:
- Fun and well-priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2012Fun atmosphere; good foor. The fire grilled sausages were great.Special Features:
- It's great to know that spaghettiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012It's great to know that spaghetti factory is part of open table. We made reservations and showed up and waited momentarily for our seats. Awesome really greatSpecial Features:
- Lovely place to spend a birthdayminidisco72Dined on 3/24/2012Excellent service; very good food (for "generic" italian fare).Special Features: