The Old House Restaurant
309 West San Francisco Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Old House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eldoradohotel.com/
- Phone: (505) 995-4530
- Hours of Operation:
Open seven days a week, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast begins at 6:30am and is served until 11:00am. Lunch begins at 11:30am and is served until 2:00pm. Dinner is served from 5:30pm until 10:00pm. The lounge is open from 2:00pm until 11:00pm and offers a lighter fare menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With the experience of hundreds of catering events performed every year, our catering staff can accommodate small groups to grand banquets for hundreds.
A word from The Old House Restaurant
Award winning cuisine prepared by our regionally renowned Chef, Anthony Smith. Named by Travel & Leisure food critics as their top choice for fine dining in Santa Fe, the highly acclaimed Old House Restaurant is a consistent favorite among locals and visitors alike. The Old House offers delicious, distinctive cuisine, enhanced by innovative presentation and impeccable service in a cozy, yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Old House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
The Old House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)fit for foodies (21)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OK, BUT LACKLUSTEROpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2014AMBIENCE WAS QUIET (THE BEST PART), SERVICE WAS OK, AND MOST FOOD ITEMS WERE OK BUT NOT STELLAR. 2 OF 5 ITEMS WERE STELLAR, THE CRABCAKES AND THE TROUT. SEARED SCALLOPS WERE SUFFICIENTLY COOKED, BUT INSUFFICIENTLY SEARED. THE LEMON TART SERVED WITH MANGO ICE WAS LAME, BUT THE MANGO ICE WAS SUPERB. A MIXED BAG, IN A NOT VERY BUSY RESTAURANT ON THE EVE OF THANKSGIVING.Special Features:
- Great service!LrbmeierVIPDined on 11/23/2014Our server was excellent, she was attentive, funny and really made our evening memorable and stand out. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamescohenVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife's choice for her birthday. Really good. Food was excellent we particularly enjoted the charcuterie plate, good size, flavorful - great pate. Main courses were on the money, special desires were accomodated without fuss. Server was on the money. Bar made very good vesper for my wife. Dessert was a little weak (toffee pudding), could have used a little whipped cream. All in all everything I could ask for. We'll be back and for other than special occasions.Special Features:
- Saturday AM fiascoRundownDined on 11/8/2014Open Table wouldn't give us a 10 am sitting, only 9:30 or 11:00. So we took 11:00 for breakfast. When we arrived at 10:45 there was not another customer in the restaurant, and in the hour we were there not another customer appeared. We sat alone in an empty restaurant! Never again.
- Great dining experienceTheDiningDuoDined on 11/7/2014We have been to Santa Fe many times, but this was our first time to dine at The Old House. My husband had the ribeye served with green chile mac and cheese and I had the strip steak with onion straws and creamed spinach. Both steaks were perfectly cooked and had great flavor. The brie creamed spinach was excellent. I do wish it had been topped with some toasted pine nuts. The herbed butter and bread was a great start to the meal. Our only regret was that we didn't try an appetizer. For dessert, we shared creme brulee and it did not disappoint. Although the neighboring bar was packed, the restaurant itself was quiet and relaxing. We had great service.Special Features:
- EclecticNewfavDined on 11/6/2014Great place, great food, great parking. Sushi to prime steaks with marvelous salads and veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good (almost outstanding)LJOYDined on 11/1/2014Most of our entrees were outstanding. Others....well, alittle lacking. My arugula had way too much lemon (Scallops). The first time we visited, everything was outstanding. This time our waiter was somewhat sarcastic when asked questions about the menu. The first time, everyone was so attentive and kind. The place is expensive, so you hope to feel your money is well spent. The place is beautiful. Hopefully we will return for another special meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014The overall experience was good but the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerMMacBVIPDined on 10/26/2014We had a lovely dinner at The Old House Restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was most attentive.Special Features:
- October feastSkippyVIPDined on 10/23/2014We celebrated October Fest here. The special menu included potato soup, a variety of sausages, and a delightful dessert of cherries and ice cream. Our server was excellent which added to our delightful dinner. It was really a treat.Special Features:
- PatrickVIPDined on 10/22/2014Even though it is listed as a STEAK HOUSE, there are only a couple of steaks (without a bone) on the menu. My rib eye was succulent, my wife's veal & squash ravioli was very taste-y. Unfortunately, the champagne by the glass was non-existent when ordered but it showed up on the bill! Good thing we reviewed the bill. As of now if you park in the Eldorado Hotel's parking lot, you get 3 hours free parking while at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere, Good TimeWER2014VIPDined on 10/16/2014The calamari was delicious. The chicken was moist and service was good. We will return, the ambiance is romantic, which was perfect for date night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service ok.anniversaryinsantafeDined on 10/10/2014Everything was great except for needing water several times during dinner and not getting it. Finally went to the bar for water, which is such a shame considering what we were paying for a nice dinner out. Bartender was great. Shame to have to leave the table to get our own water after asking nicely for water twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BEEFSFFoodScene34VIPDined on 10/9/2014Hadnt been there in a few years. Was very happy with the quality of the steaks and the wine list. Should be ranked up there with the best in Santa FeSpecial Features:
- BonnieBVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our server was excellent! She added to the evening's enjoyment-- great, positive, friendly manner!Special Features:
- dining outdiningoutDined on 9/14/2014The food and service were very good. Our waiter was very attentive and our water glasses were always full. The steak was properly prepared ad the trout was delicious. It is a bit pricey but for a special occasion is worth it.Special Features:
- Good eats in Santa FepaljoeysmomVIPDined on 9/12/2014Went here for our first night in Santa Fe. We chose this resturant based on their overall 4 star yelp review. We chose all appetizers. BF andI split a very good Caesar salad with buttermilk dressing. BF gaff Crab Cakes which were polluted with salt. The bread was delicious. The tortilla soup was very good. BF had the meat sampler plate with crackers. He deemed it just met, okay. For dessert we split a mixed berry cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Very yummy. Service was great. The venue beautiful and inviting. Food overall hit & miss. We did hear the guy sitting at a table close by raving about his steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and professional staffRobbyd2000VIPDined on 9/11/2014I highly recommend starting your dining experience with The Heirloom Tomatoes and Goat Cheese with a Balsamic reduction appetizer. The tomatoes were flavorful and the goat cheese was scrumptious. New Mexico makes some of the most distinctly favorable goat cheese you will ever find. If you love goat cheese it is a must have. For an entree the Pan Seared Ruby Trout is a good option. It is served with a Blue Corn Cake, Calabacitas, and a Red Chile Pesto. The taste was heavenly. My server was professional and knowledgeable. He was polite and friendly and he took care of calling and watching for my cab while I finished my dessert and coffee.Special Features:
- StateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 9/10/2014Definitely worth going here the food is great. Locals know about it, but too many tourists.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We traveled to Santa Fe with a group of friends and booked in advance based on Open Table and Trip Advisor recommendations. We were very disappointed in the level of service. The restaurant did not appear to be staffed to support the Labor Day weekend. The restaurant was not overly crowded so the pace of our meal was surprisingly slow. By the end of our meal the support staff appeared more interested in performing closing functions than clearing our table. We explained this to the manager who did offer a bottle of desert wine as an accommodation. The experience was not what we had expected.
- StateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 8/24/2014What a great restaurant. We locals go there for great food in a quiet place. A place one should not miss.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to usual standardssedonacarolDined on 8/22/2014The food and the service were not as good as usual....we stay at the hotel every year in August and always have dinner the first night at The Old House...this year it was a disappointment ....the service was especially off....we waited 1/2 to be served dessert ...really...that is not acceptable....especially since the restaurant was about 1/2 full....the manager did comp the dessert, but something was definitely off....Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/21/2014A VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING ALWAYS EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE NEVER RUSHEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatamustEatamustDined on 8/16/2014The food was outstanding, it had been two years since my last visit and they didn't disappoint. From the appetizer of the wedge salad to the dessert of creme brulle everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJoseDined on 8/9/2014Was a favorite until now. Fish special (sea bass) not fresh. Returned it and second order not fresh. My flat iron stake way too salty and over spiced.
- The following 404 reviews are from the The Old House Restaurant reviews archive.
- One of our Santa Fe favoritesAnnboDined on 8/3/2014For upscale dining, we choose The Old House. Both the Agave bar and Old House restaurant serve delicious, creative dishes. For special occasions The Old House is a great choice. We enjoy the bar for casual dining, where we've found one of the best bar menus in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014You will be hard pressed to find finer dining at such reasonable prices than at the Old House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarineVIPDined on 7/24/2014When we come in from Chicago our first nights dinner is always at this restaurant Always. A delight in all waysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the pricespringerVIPDined on 7/13/2014unfortunately typical hotel restaurant food. acceptable but not outstanding. noise from bar detracted from experience. for prices, would expect a 'finer' dining experience. will choose another place next time.
- good eats in Santa FeSantaFeDined on 7/12/2014Had a wonderful cauliflower soup. The bronzed salmon was delicious. My waiter was very attentive and the setting was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteStateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 7/7/2014We locals like to eat here even though it is in a hotel. The 28 day aged rib eye steak is one of the best steaks you will ever have anyplace. Great fresh fish specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was invisibleNotthatfussyDined on 7/4/2014Poor service. Wait staff ignored us. We had to ask several staff for lemon and straws. Our empty soup bowl sat on the table until our meal arrived. Wait staff did not know the soup of the day. There were three occupied tables!! Our waiter was the manager so our complaints went nowhere.
- Always Great139cdsDined on 7/3/2014The Old House has always been on our list of places to eat when we visit Santa Fe. This trip, we were disappointed by some of the more glamorous (expensive) names, but the Old House, as always, provided a superb meal with impeccable service.Special Features:
- back to basicsInspiredDinerDined on 7/3/2014The chef does a good job with treating old favorites, like filet mignon, pork roast, and grilled salmon, with a flavorful twist of interesting and flavorful sides. The Ceaser salad was delicious as were the pork roast and flat iron steak. Another notable dish was the Creme Brulé which arrived perfectly glazed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice In Santa FeEatalyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We are local and dine at many of Santa Fe's better restaurants but do not usually dine at the hotel restaurants. The Old House is the exception as they have a great bar area (and bar food) along with a nice selection of dinner items. The wife and I both had fish and it was flavorful, done to perfection and arrived at our table hot. We also thoroughly enjoyed our small plates that included several Japanese items. Service was spot on, the wine list was good (great selection) and the dinner pace was perfect (something many restaurants struggle with). And for upscale Santa Fe dining, the prices was not bad. All-in-all, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Reliably good foodDustdevilDined on 6/27/2014We chose the Old House for our pre-Santa Fe Opera dining because of our past experiences here. The food is always excellent, with very good "old reliables" on the menu, as well as a changing array of specials. This night was no different. My wife chose the Trout, one of her favorites, while the rest of us enjoyed the veal special. All were excellently prepared and presented. The waitstaff was aware that we had to leave in time to get to the Opera and provided smooth, but not rushed, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night Fried Chicken DinnerlookingforagoodlunchVIPDined on 6/22/2014Chicken was overcooked and very dry. Biscuits were hard as rocks. Margarita's were very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing exceptionaltouristDined on 6/17/2014We chose this restaurant because it was highly rated by AAA and was close to our hotel. The food was OK, but nothing exceptional. With so many other choices in Santa Fe, I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Pleasant ExperienceSantaFeFanDined on 6/7/2014Service was delightful. One entrée was very good, the other was only good as the steak had more gristle than expected. Crème Brule was a bit heavy with the caramelized sugar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticdandyVIPDined on 6/2/2014The restaurant is beautiful. The hostess was very friendly. Service was impeccable. Our server explained everything. Loved the pomegranate margarita. Flat iron steak perfectly spiced. Trout was yummy. The red chile pesto sauce was the perfect enhancement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.