The Old House Restaurant
309 West San Francisco Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Old House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eldoradohotel.com/
- Phone: 5059954530
- Hours of Operation:
Open seven days a week, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast begins at 6:30am and is served until 11:00am. Lunch begins at 11:30am and is served until 2:00pm. Dinner is served from 5:30pm until 10:00pm. The lounge is open from 2:00pm until 11:00pm and offers a lighter fare menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With the experience of hundreds of catering events performed every year, our catering staff can accommodate small groups to grand banquets for hundreds.
A word from The Old House Restaurant
Award winning cuisine prepared by our regionally renowned Chef, Anthony Smith. Named by Travel & Leisure food critics as their top choice for fine dining in Santa Fe, the highly acclaimed Old House Restaurant is a consistent favorite among locals and visitors alike. The Old House offers delicious, distinctive cuisine, enhanced by innovative presentation and impeccable service in a cozy, yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Old House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
The Old House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (20)romantic (15)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We traveled to Santa Fe with a group of friends and booked in advance based on Open Table and Trip Advisor recommendations. We were very disappointed in the level of service. The restaurant did not appear to be staffed to support the Labor Day weekend. The restaurant was not overly crowded so the pace of our meal was surprisingly slow. By the end of our meal the support staff appeared more interested in performing closing functions than clearing our table. We explained this to the manager who did offer a bottle of desert wine as an accommodation. The experience was not what we had expected.
- StateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 8/24/2014What a great restaurant. We locals go there for great food in a quiet place. A place one should not miss.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to usual standardssedonacarolDined on 8/22/2014The food and the service were not as good as usual....we stay at the hotel every year in August and always have dinner the first night at The Old House...this year it was a disappointment ....the service was especially off....we waited 1/2 to be served dessert ...really...that is not acceptable....especially since the restaurant was about 1/2 full....the manager did comp the dessert, but something was definitely off....Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/21/2014A VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING ALWAYS EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE NEVER RUSHEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatamustEatamustDined on 8/16/2014The food was outstanding, it had been two years since my last visit and they didn't disappoint. From the appetizer of the wedge salad to the dessert of creme brulle everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Was a favorite until now. Fish special (sea bass) not fresh. Returned it and second order not fresh. My flat iron stake way too salty and over spiced.
- One of our Santa Fe favoritesAnnboDined on 8/3/2014For upscale dining, we choose The Old House. Both the Agave bar and Old House restaurant serve delicious, creative dishes. For special occasions The Old House is a great choice. We enjoy the bar for casual dining, where we've found one of the best bar menus in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014You will be hard pressed to find finer dining at such reasonable prices than at the Old House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarineVIPDined on 7/24/2014When we come in from Chicago our first nights dinner is always at this restaurant Always. A delight in all waysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the pricespringerVIPDined on 7/13/2014unfortunately typical hotel restaurant food. acceptable but not outstanding. noise from bar detracted from experience. for prices, would expect a 'finer' dining experience. will choose another place next time.
- good eats in Santa FeSantaFeDined on 7/12/2014Had a wonderful cauliflower soup. The bronzed salmon was delicious. My waiter was very attentive and the setting was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteStateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 7/7/2014We locals like to eat here even though it is in a hotel. The 28 day aged rib eye steak is one of the best steaks you will ever have anyplace. Great fresh fish specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was invisibleNotthatfussyDined on 7/4/2014Poor service. Wait staff ignored us. We had to ask several staff for lemon and straws. Our empty soup bowl sat on the table until our meal arrived. Wait staff did not know the soup of the day. There were three occupied tables!! Our waiter was the manager so our complaints went nowhere.
- Always Great139cdsDined on 7/3/2014The Old House has always been on our list of places to eat when we visit Santa Fe. This trip, we were disappointed by some of the more glamorous (expensive) names, but the Old House, as always, provided a superb meal with impeccable service.Special Features:
- back to basicsInspiredDinerDined on 7/3/2014The chef does a good job with treating old favorites, like filet mignon, pork roast, and grilled salmon, with a flavorful twist of interesting and flavorful sides. The Ceaser salad was delicious as were the pork roast and flat iron steak. Another notable dish was the Creme Brulé which arrived perfectly glazed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice In Santa FeEatalyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We are local and dine at many of Santa Fe's better restaurants but do not usually dine at the hotel restaurants. The Old House is the exception as they have a great bar area (and bar food) along with a nice selection of dinner items. The wife and I both had fish and it was flavorful, done to perfection and arrived at our table hot. We also thoroughly enjoyed our small plates that included several Japanese items. Service was spot on, the wine list was good (great selection) and the dinner pace was perfect (something many restaurants struggle with). And for upscale Santa Fe dining, the prices was not bad. All-in-all, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Reliably good foodDustdevilDined on 6/27/2014We chose the Old House for our pre-Santa Fe Opera dining because of our past experiences here. The food is always excellent, with very good "old reliables" on the menu, as well as a changing array of specials. This night was no different. My wife chose the Trout, one of her favorites, while the rest of us enjoyed the veal special. All were excellently prepared and presented. The waitstaff was aware that we had to leave in time to get to the Opera and provided smooth, but not rushed, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night Fried Chicken DinnerlookingforagoodlunchVIPDined on 6/22/2014Chicken was overcooked and very dry. Biscuits were hard as rocks. Margarita's were very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing exceptionaltouristDined on 6/17/2014We chose this restaurant because it was highly rated by AAA and was close to our hotel. The food was OK, but nothing exceptional. With so many other choices in Santa Fe, I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Pleasant ExperienceSantaFeFanDined on 6/7/2014Service was delightful. One entrée was very good, the other was only good as the steak had more gristle than expected. Crème Brule was a bit heavy with the caramelized sugar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticdandyVIPDined on 6/2/2014The restaurant is beautiful. The hostess was very friendly. Service was impeccable. Our server explained everything. Loved the pomegranate margarita. Flat iron steak perfectly spiced. Trout was yummy. The red chile pesto sauce was the perfect enhancement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousNJtigerDined on 5/26/2014We spent four nights in Santa Fe, eating dinner at different restaurants each night. The Old House was our favorite. Everything was five star: the food, the wine list, the ambience, the service and the location near the Plaza. There is a lot of space between tables so it is very easy to talk. It made for a romantic and memorable evening. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NewInCODined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit to Santa Fe, NM and this restaurant, celebrating our wedding anniversary. The menu was limited but had a very nice selection. Everything we had was delicious-fried oysters, cream of mushroom soup & the tortilla soup, NY steak was cooked to perfection and the scallops were also outstanding. I am not a big dessert person....but my husband loves dessert. Not seeing one of his favorites he declined dessert. Our server Jamie-who was wonderful, inquired about what he liked and what he was looking for. And left us saying she just might have the right dessert. She came back with a chocolate lava cake with scoop of ice cream-one of my husbands favorite! The outstanding service made our dinner that much more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 387 reviews are from the The Old House Restaurant reviews archive.
- EXCELLENT FOOD.... one small hitchPagosaGordoDined on 5/3/2014This food was outstanding. The only hitch we had was that the menu had a happy hour insert. We were in the restaurant during happy hour. When we ordered off the happy hour menu we were told that the happy hour prices did not apply to us since we were eating in the restaurant and not the bar. I complained and a manager said they would "take care of us." How bizarre (maybe even stupid?) to have a special price insert and not automatically honor it. Just take the insert out of the restaurant menus. ?????Special Features:
- Simply wonderfulYummyDined on 4/26/20144 Visitors from Canada, we booked in advance online - The service was excellent - wonderful, pleasant waitress with a warm, welcoming smile. The menu selection was terrific and the food was better than excellent . A fine example for anyone in the service industry to learn a lesson that this is exactly how patrons should be treated at a restaurant - We highly recommend The Old House and give it a 5 star rating out of 5. Prices are fair and reasonable for Santa Fe. Thank you, for a wonderful, memorable dinner - A truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't waste my time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Three servers were on duty to serve about 7 parties yet many of the tables had not been cleaned. It took a long time to receive our order and then I had to go find someone to help me locate our server after waiting too much time to pay our bill.The service was awful.
- Need a new managerRandyDined on 4/26/2014Food was Outstanding althought there was a mistake on our bill. We showed the server so she took it to the manager, and the manager came back to our table put the bill back down and said I fixed it and walked away. Didnt ask how the food was or the service or even sorry for the mistake.Special Features:
- Good food & service - overpricedevanny86Dined on 4/11/2014As visitors in town we made a reservation at The Old House on a Friday night at 8:30 at the suggestion of our hotel front desk staff. The place was dead - so night owls if you plan to go after 7 even on a weekend you'll probably be okay without a reservation. The service was great and the menu had a good selection. We sat right by the fireplace and had great attention from the wait staff. Everything is a bit overpriced - i.e. $28 for 3 sea scallops. Although, in a land-locked state maybe that's to be expected. Bonus for us was it was within walking distance of our hotel. Also in walking distance from the plaza. Great for a celebratory night or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Special OccasiontrythemoutDined on 4/10/2014We dined on 4/10/14. For the positives: our meal was excellent, well prepared and the service by Rhonda was outstanding. We were not "rushed" and the meal arrived well staggered to allow us enough time to finish our appetizers before the entree was served. The food was well prepared, a good portion and at the correct temperature. We loathe it when hot food is served on a cold plate, but this restaurant knows how to do it right. Negatives: we arrived 7 minutes early, but the "hostess" would not seat us at our table!. We went to the bar area and ordered drinks while we waited to be brought to our table. The bar service was excellent but the area was extremely noisy. Otherwise the experience was delightful.Special Features:
- Not for lunchOregonianDined on 4/10/2014I love this restaurant, have had dinner here many times and was looking forward to trying it for lunch with a friend. Honestly, it wasn't all that good. Everything was as expected except for the food which was predictable and rather marginal. We both had salads and wine--wine was good, salads so-so. I'm not sure I would take a guest there for lunch again. I did enjoy dinner there with my son and his wife on February 4th and it was all outstanding, as usual. I'd like to see lunch just as impressive. Maybe I'll try brunch or maybe not. Sorry.Special Features:
- attached to the elderado hotelgustoDined on 4/5/2014attached to the elderado hotel in santa fe....surprisingly good, quality food....the lamb chops were prepared as requested....certainly convenient and not overly pricey as most quality restaurants in the city are....well worth it for an evening meal during a stay at the hotel....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old House SFEdzoocatorDined on 4/3/2014We were the only 2 patrons in the restaurant when we ordered, and the server got my entree order wrong. He did not seem to be familiar with the menu, which had recently changed. Had to keep asking for water, which was ignored by the server; when there is a server, back waiter, and dishes delivered by the kitchen - what is the function of the server and back waiter in this scenario? Noise level became loud - all 10 other patrons coming in were seated around us in spite of 30+ vacant tables, none of which appeared to be reserved.
- Old House remains a favoriteanitakDined on 3/30/2014We returned here after a long absence and were delighted the food was just as good as ever. The only disappointment was that because it was a Sunday, the whole menu was not presented...otherwise we had a great meal!
- EnjoyableSandygardenerDined on 3/22/2014I thought the ambiance was good, the service a little slow. Enjoyed the mussles, but the trout was little overcooked and dry. The wait staff seemed a little inattentive but possibly there were too few of them. Overall, it was a nice place to enjoy a special night out.Special Features:
- Perfect RestaurantEclecticDined on 3/19/2014Superb service in a comfortable and trendy setting. Appropriate Southwestern decor. Great menu and very tasty food. An A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappoint!!GetinmybellyDined on 3/10/2014Service was fantastic as were the drinks, salad, and entrees. My husband had the aged meat, the flavor was balanced and tender. I had the salmon and it had a great slightly sweet and crunchy glaze. We were very pleased with our dinner choice as there are many to choose from in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Business DinnerScootDined on 3/10/2014Great place for locals to hang out - great business atmosphere too.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience - consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2014Outstanding experience - consistent with prior excellent visits to the old house. The dry aged prime rib was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWinenCoDined on 2/27/2014It was the most pleasurable and delicious meal that I have had in quite a long time. My ribeye was cooked to perfection. It was a little loud in the restaurant, but there was a conference that was staying at the hotel and I believe the Agave Bar was quite busy. But other than that it was perfect. I would definitely eat there again for restaurant week. That's the only time I can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2014What a great restaurant week location. The 28 day aged ribeye steak was excellent and the whole menu was a deal. They even extended the deal for another week, as a local makes me want to come back more regularly to also try the other items on the menu. Service was excellent and the rustic feel allows for jeans or nice attire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.