The Ogden Chicago
1659 W Ogden
Chicago, IL 60612Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Ogden Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theogdenchicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 226-1888
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris De la Cueva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of different catering options, please give us a call to set up an appointment to discuss your needs.
- Special Events: For all United Center events we recommend making your reservation no later than 1 hour prior to the game/concert. Allow time to be seated, order and get to the game. (don't forget about a little traffic too)
- Cross Street: Adams
- Public Transit: Ashland #9 bus to Madison or Adams, Green/Pink line to Ashland/Lake, Blue line to Illinois Medical District.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet for $10 on event nights. The Ogden is a short 2 block walk to the United Center. Street parking is readily available on non event nights.
A word from The Ogden Chicago
A Chef driven sports bar just 2 blocks from the United Center. Our food is always fresh and never frozen, and we use only the best quality ingredients. From our bacon cheddar minis featured on Chicago's Best, to our famous Cowboy Burger, we're sure you'll find something you like. Our menu features gluten free options and our Chef is always willing to work with any food allergies you may have. The Ogden is the perfect spot to meet before or after any United Center event. We feature over 20 large HDTV's and carry all of the major sports packages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ogden Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect for on the way to the gameSaturdayNiteDinerDined on 11/15/2014We dined here on the way to a Bulls game. Table was ready on time. Menu interesting for a sports bar. Waitress was super nice and accomodating. It was a bit noisy for me but to be expected as it is a sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walking distance to the United CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014Perfect for before or after a show at the United Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My hidden spot before gamesNotRickBaylessDined on 11/10/2014The wings are top notch and it is a short walk from the United Center. They hired a bunch more people and there is a sense of urgency that is needed before the game to load us up on beers, grub and get the check fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect location with good foodNicefindDined on 11/9/2014Great getting a reservation at a great place with good food and so close to the United Center. Valet parking walked to the center and back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Great place to stop off on the way to an event at the United Center. The food was wonderful, and it was especially sports-minded on Sunday with Football on every screen (though they had the sirens going for the Hawks every half hour or so, too). Service was OK. Server was nice and helpful when at our table, but we spent a long time with empty drinks and the ranch I requested at the start of my meal arrived just as I was finishing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports atomosphere but slow serviceDZ17Dined on 11/8/2014Brick and decor is nouveau and refreshing versus typical sports bar. Service was VERY slow. Ogden was staffed short on bartenders. Servers were either all new or poorly trained or both. We arrived 2 hours in advance of Bulls gametime, which should have been plenty of time but was not. Drinks were great (martinis as well as beers). Food was mixed. Burgers on pretzel buns quite good, regular bun for chicken sandwich kept falling apart. Mushroom flatbread was almost all bread, very little mushroom and literally 1 spinach leaf for each of 8 slices, nothing else seemed involved. Love the location and would probably go back to watch a game there when looking only for drinks an appys without any time cconstraints.
- Hawk game dinnerZAP1956Dined on 10/28/2014We went to the Ogden before the Blackhawk game to grab dinner. They seated us earlier than our reservation because they were not too busy when we arrived. The appetizer Chicken Fingers were the hit of the meal for my wife and me. They come with fries, and with a salad could easily be a meal. The burgers we ordered, Mushroom and Cowboy, were both average. They were also served with fries, but appeared to be the broken fries at the bottom of the basket pieces. Our server, Monika, was very good in quickly serving the food as it came out, and refreshing our drinks. Her great service, on a busy Hawk game night, was the highlight of the visit.Special Features:
- Slow and ColdHoot84Dined on 10/28/2014I reserved a table here for 2 hours before a Chicago Blackhawks game at nearby United Center. We were promptly seated a few minutes early and our server nicely explained several drinks to us and promptly brought our drink order. Sadly that was the end of the good service for the day. We ordered food at 5:30 and ordered light due to other reviews on slow service from this place (wings from the appetizer menu, a side of fries, and a salad). It took an hour for our food to arrive, and when it finally did, the wings and fries were cold. Don't waste your eating time here. You'll have a better meal at the concession stand at the UC where the food will be cheaper and warmer.. Park on the street for free but find a better place to eat.
- Trendy but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Took an hour and 45 minutes to get a burger and chicken sandwich.
- Awesome Pre Game SpotCRockDined on 10/18/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival as we had a reservation. Our server was attentive and efficient - couldn't have asked for anything more. The food was very good and the specialty drink I tried was excellent. Location could not have been better - 5 minute walk to United Center. I will recommend this resturant to everyone looking to grab a meal or cocktail!!Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceCathyDined on 10/15/2014Food is good, but service is not. our food (salad and a grilled cheese ) took 50 minutes to arrive and came our wrong. All the server and managment could say was sorry, we are busy. This was our 3rd trip to The Ogden and the 3rd time we waited long for our foodSpecial Features:
- Convenient location - walk to UCabo020Dined on 10/15/2014We had a group of 28 people for a pre-game bite. Our 2 waiters did an amazing job to provide attentive services. Food did came out a bit slow considering our big group. Beer was cold, food was hot, individual bills were impressively accurate. Can't complaint. Be sure to make reservation on game day.Special Features:
- Experience was mediocremikey6Dined on 10/3/2014I came here before the Fleetwood Mac concert, so the location was perfect. Only about a five minute walk to the United Center. We had reservations, and were sat in the back and little tables that hardly fit two plates the seating was awkward. I sat sideways and my mom ate her food on her lap. Service was rather slow. I never got a refill on my water, and it took a while to get our check. I guess the only positive was that I got to watch the blackhawks game.Special Features:
- Bears brunch is fantasticKzakDined on 9/28/2014A group of friends went to The Ogden for the Bears brunch. We had a blast! The food was outstanding and the mimosa bar was incredible! This brunch is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM-EKenjVIPDined on 9/7/2014Went to the Ogden for their Bears Brunch on Sunday. and the food was amazing (try the wings and the mac & cheese...ur welcome!). Brunch Buffet with mimosa bar was a great deal. Will be back ASAP. Def will be my new hangout to watch Bears gamesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ChoicesurprisedDined on 8/23/2014This is a small sports bar place. Many TV's with sports of all kinds going on. I wouldn't expect anything less in a neighborhood loacted near the United Center. It was hard to hear and be heard. The food was okay, but nothing special, your typical bar food. The service was terrible. We were seated right away, but did not see a server for 20 mins and then only when we asked someone. Our server kept apologizing for the delay, but then continued to be slow iwth getting our drinks. Someone elses meal was delivered to our table. No compensation for the delays was ever offered. I would not recommend this place.
- Overall, a good dineVisitingDined on 8/23/2014We made a reservation and got seated right away. The waiter didn't notice we were there for 15 minutes but it was crowded. Had to find the host to see who had our table. After that we had a good dinner and fairly priced beers for the neighborhood. Great selection of craft beers. If you want to watch sports, you can't go wrong here. We got a chuckle when we asked what type of beer a particular offering was and she said "ABV". LOLSpecial Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the The Ogden Chicago reviews archive.
- Pre ConcertMenteDined on 7/11/2014Went before the Lady Gaga concert on July 11, 2014. Never heard of it before. Good food, good bar, great service, too loud though. We'll be back when going to the United Center!Special Features:
- Good food but takes too longReggieDined on 7/9/2014Great place to go before any event at the United Center. Make sure you have a reservation. The food is good but give yourself plenty of time. Arrived for a 615 reservation server told is lots orders would go in soon so we ordered by 625. We ordered the chicken club and the veggieburger and food did not come out until 715. The server kept telling us there were tickets in front of is although we observed no food was coming out of the kitchen. Good Beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The OgdengoodgrubDined on 7/9/2014Extremely disappointed in the restaurant. Our group of 3 arrived on time for our 6:15 reservation. It took over an hour to get our 2 burgers & chicken sandwiches! It was not that crowded & we expressed several times to our waiter that we had concert tickets at The Stadium and needed to get our food. When it finally arrived, we had to scarf it down in 15 minutes so we could leave and find a parking space. It was way too stressful to even enjoy any of the food. We had to keep reminding the waiter for our check as well.Special Features:
- What food we got tasted goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/1/2014Took our server 10 minutes to take our drink order. Had to ask for water. We each ordered a burger and an appetizer and 30 minutes later when our food finally came out, he told us he forgot to put in the order for one of the burgers. 45 minutes later still no burger for her and I had long ago finished mine. At least what we got tasted good, the truffle mac was delicious. They kindly offered not to make us pay for the burger we never received, which I thought was very nice of them (sarcasm). I'm sure you can guess that we won't be going back.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere to meet friendsDinedSoloDined on 6/29/2014I like the design of the place. A great place for adults to hang out and watch a sports game. You should have another pool table, by the way. I wish the lunch menu was more elaborate. The chicken strips were meaty and good. The fries were very greasy and so I could not enjoy them. I would like to see more non-alcoholic choices, especially for the summer.Special Features:
- Hip and Modern Sports BarJenDVIPDined on 6/27/2014If you like to be surrounded by TVs while you eat, this is the place for you. The booths have TVs built into the walls. The food was a good value for the price, and although our waiter had just started the week before, he was extremely nice and attentive. The lunch hamburger comes with fries and a drink for $10 - not bad! The hamburgers took a while, but they were flavorful and juicy, and the fries were nice and fresh. The bar windows open up so you can get a nice view of the street and all of the sounds that come with that. A very modern place in terms of decor - it looks like it was recently refurbished. I would love to come back here in the winter to hangout by the fireplace and drink Irish coffees.Special Features:
- Great place for hamburgers & beerSimsmomVIPDined on 6/19/2014Went prior to a concert. Burgers were delicious and valet parking terrific.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Nice atmosphere with lots of TVs so good for sports viewing. Unfortunately, the dining experience was poor -- drink service was slow, we waited 45 minutes for food and when the food arrived it was wrong.
- Hideous ServiceRickDined on 6/19/2014After my horrible experience here before the Queen concert the manager needs to know that this place needs a lot of attention. Here's what went right first. The greeter was pleasant and the burger was delicious. On the minus side a lot went wrong. We had a server that had too many tables. and we were put on ignore a lot. Second we ordered two simple items, a burger and a flatbread and it took 45 minutes to get our food. We literally had to scarf it down to make the show. The back of the house screwed up. She didn't bring napkins or silverware after being asked. She rolled her eyes when we aske like we were being difficult. We ask for a manager and they never came to apologize for the cooking error. I could go on. Don't go here.
- Great for sports bar viewingArgentinain2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went to watch a World Cup game and didn't have to ask that it be put up on the big screen (that doesn't happen at other places.) Food was delicious and the pace let us watch the whole game, unhurried.
- Ogden Bar_UC_no difference,the bestRt66OgdenBarDined on 5/30/2014Great place for dinner, drinks, and entertainment. Parking is difficult with a car however if you ride motorcycles and ask nicely, they'll let you park in front. The food was delicious and the staff is very friendly. Would recommend to anyone looking for cocktails in a electric environment. We had a fantastic time watching the NHL game 6, Blackhawks..defiantly the place to be before, during, or even after game time. Not my first time there and defiantly not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking bar food to a new levelSavetimeonlineVIPDined on 5/24/2014Came to watch a Hawks game, but now will be back regularly for the food. Extensive menu with a lot of variety. Great beer list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteOskarDined on 5/24/2014The Ogden is a great spot to hit up before an event at The United Center. Went there before a Blackhawks game and have been back several times since. They have one of the best burgers in Chicago with a 2 year cheddar and bacon jam mustard. We utilize the $10 valet option and leave our car there for the game since it's a short 2 blocks from the UC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Great environment, friendly staff and great food. We were a family group gathering following a graduation ceremony held in UIC Pavilion. We would choose the venue again for a casual, social bar/restaurant choice in close proximity to UIC and the Medical Colleges in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pre-Hawks SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014This was my second trip to the Ogden. The location is awesome being only 2 blocks from the United Center and the $10 valet parking for the Blackhawks game is unbeatable. I had the animal fries, fries covered in pulled pork, giardiniera with a fried egg on top. Very tasty. Service was painfully slow due to the crowd for the game. 45+ for food. There are TV's everywhere to watch the game and they have a good tap selection. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot near United CenterSmithVIPDined on 5/18/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed lunch here before a Blackhawks game. The aps, drinks, and sandwiches were good. Decor is a contemporary sports bar. We left our car there during the game for a nominal charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014Once again the Ogden did not disappoint! Stopped in before the hawks game. Great pre game vibe, great food, and convenient and courteous valet parking. This is now my regular stop before United Center events. They have a fantastic selection of craft brews both on tap and bottled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodlawarDined on 5/2/2014good food good pre hawks party music a bit too loud had a nice time good food and beersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-game barSusieVIPDined on 4/23/2014Went to the Hawks game Wednesday. Made a reservation for 6 people and got seated right away. Server, Sean, was great and the ambiance and food were awesome. Plus, you can valet your car for $10 and walk to the UC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome bar! Would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Awsome bar! Would recommend to anyone going to the united center or in the area. Great food and really fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game NightGamingtildawnDined on 4/5/2014Close to United Center. Really quality food for sports bar. Nice seating and good service. Recommend the animal fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restauraunt with a wideKenkDined on 3/28/2014Great restauraunt with a wide selection of craft beers. Perfect location prior to an event at United Center. The food is above average for a bar and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodLoriDined on 3/20/2014Was disappointed in our first time at the Ogden. Food was ok. Service was not good. Don't think we will go back.